PDA

View Full Version : Kuja is the best Final Fantasy Villain ever, ever.

maybee
05-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Prove me wrong. :colbert:

Zeiferxx
05-07-2013, 02:50 PM
I like Kuja, he is deep characterized. I prefer Seifer to be the best villain, but he is not that deep characterized and there's much he could have done in Final Fantasy VIII. I am not FFVII fan, but I think Sephiroth is much worse (if you look his style and ambitions) and better villain than Kuja.

Night Fury
05-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Ultimecia (http://home.eyesonff.com/content/2380-character-spotlight-ultimecia.html)

Although, I don't know who I personally think is the best villain, I certainly don't think it's Kuja.

Actually I think I'd say 'Best Villain' would be Kefka.

Gamblet
05-07-2013, 08:40 PM
He is a good villain, but I prefer Emperor Mateus better. I love his intelligence and the sinister aura around him.

Elpizo
05-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Prove me wrong. :colbert:

Why would I want to prove you wrong? It's true.

Though Xande is a close runner-up.

Matthewtheman
05-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Kuja's one of my favorites, but honestly, I think GILGAMESH is the best FF villain.

chionos
05-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Dycedark Beoulve. We're playing the hipster FF fan game here, right?

FFXI truly has the best villains, I would argue with you about it, but not enough people have played it for it to be fair. But seriously, the absolute best villains.

OP, "If I can't live, no one can" is LAME. That's some lazy shit villain motivation. Pretty much end of story.

Psst, Matthew, I like Gilgamesh too. :bro:

Laddy
05-08-2013, 02:10 AM
I like Kuja, he's up there, but Kefka is best.

black orb
05-09-2013, 10:31 AM
>>> Kuja is powerful and fashionable thats "Sephiroth`s" villain level i guess.
In the other hand his personality and motivations suck (in my opinion).

Kuja is just an ok villain, kind of overrated if you ask me..:luca:

Quindiana Jones
05-09-2013, 02:08 PM
I thought his character was very well done and his motivations were wonderfully sinister, and only became moreso as we learned more about them. Then his motivations changed, and he became a clichéd "if I can't live, no one can" villain, as chionos has said, which is a bit lame. He didn't get the send off he deserved, I feel.

Bloody marvellous theme, though.

Rostum
05-13-2013, 07:22 AM
Kuja is a great villain, but I think they really could have pushed his character a lot more.

Chris
05-13-2013, 01:47 PM
I always thought that Kuja was sorta the finished result of Kefka and Sephiroth. Let's be completely honest, they're all very similar.

chionos
05-13-2013, 05:47 PM
I always thought that Kuja was sorta the finished result of Kefka and Sephiroth. Let's be completely honest, they're all very similar.

That's just...disgusting.

Ouch!
05-14-2013, 03:55 AM
FFXI truly has the best villains, I would argue with you about it, but not enough people have played it for it to be fair. But seriously, the absolute best villains.
Kam'lanaut and Eald'narche are kind of boring, really. Raogrimm's pretty cool, but hardly the big bad of the game. Promathia's not that exciting by simple virtue of not being around long enough to matter. Lady Lillith is pretty damned cool, though.

chionos
05-14-2013, 04:26 AM
Kam'lanaut and Eald'narche are kind of boring, really. Raogrimm's pretty cool, but hardly the big bad of the game. Promathia's not that exciting by simple virtue of not being around long enough to matter. Lady Lillith is pretty damned cool, though.

Shadow Lord was the big bad for a while when the game first began. I loved that he was brought back in Dyna-Xarc, too, and that for a while he was one of the premiere challenges of the game.

I guess you could see the dilution of villains in the game as a fault, but personally I like that each storyline has its own villain, even if there's no big baddy to tie them all together.

Madame Adequate
05-16-2013, 02:09 AM
Kuja is the worst villain. He is the most uninspired, insipid villain, there is absolutely nothing sinister about him, nothing interesting about him, nothing I care about in any way. I don't love him, I don't hate him, I don't love to hate him.

Quindiana Jones
05-16-2013, 07:22 AM
Yes, but you're routinely incorrect.

maybee
05-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Kuja is the worst villain. He is the most uninspired, insipid villain, there is absolutely nothing sinister about him, nothing interesting about him, nothing I care about in any way.

You need to go and visit a Doctor. I'm concerned.

chionos
05-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Yes, but you're routinely incorrect.

Objektively.

Bloodnight
06-10-2013, 05:44 PM
I like Kuja a lot, he's without a doubt great villain :), but The Emperor Mateus is my favorite :p, even though I don't like FFII all that much. *** it's battle system.:mad:

Greatermaximus
06-17-2013, 09:44 AM
According to bias it might be difficult to have a villian in the series that stands out. That the extent of fiction is the authors creativity and your ability to believe in it. A.K.A lets say you don't believe one person is more important than another. Fictional or real. In that case there's no reason to debate it.

Freya
06-18-2013, 05:01 PM
I think he's one of the more personable villians in the series. Which most of them are pretty "i'm evil HURR" kinda thing going on.

LadyJuxtaposition
07-12-2013, 07:57 PM
I do not know Kuja that well, but I do know that he's the only villain who can rock out that thong (or more approiately, loincloth or codpiece) of his! :jess: He may be not the best villain in Final Fantasy, but at least he's a pretty one!

maybee
07-13-2013, 11:37 AM
I do not know Kuja that well

Have you played FF9 ? If not, play it now. You must. It's law.

Heath
10-27-2013, 07:45 PM
While I'm not the sort of chap who likes Kuja so much that I'd join a forum with 'Kuja Trance' as my username (ahem), I think he is one of the best villains in the series, if not the best overall.

His methods are subtle and rather understated. He knows that by himself he can't achieve his aims, and is effective at using others (Brahne, Black Mages, the main party) to do his dirty work for him. While there's an arrogance about him, he's not blinded by pride. I'd also argue that, among the villains in the series, there are few that really rival him in terms of success. He plunges the Mist Continent into chaos, acquires himself a shed load of power in the process, successfully topples Garland, and acquires Trance. With, it's reasonably fair to say, few setbacks.

I liked the style and design of Kuja too. The theatrical, narcissistic nature complements the game well, with his scenes being generally memorable with some good music to boot. His character design whilst effeminate, is unusual and adds to the mystique of a character we don't really learn a great deal about until late in the game. His motivations aren't particularly novel, but the execution is.

I Took the Red Pill
10-27-2013, 07:50 PM
According to bias it might be difficult to have a villian in the series that stands out. That the extent of fiction is the authors creativity and your ability to believe in it. A.K.A lets say you don't believe one person is more important than another. Fictional or real. In that case there's no reason to debate it.And with one single post from Greatermaximus, the entirety of the lower forums crumbled to dust, and no one ever spoke of Final Fantasy again.

Elskidor
10-28-2013, 01:21 AM
Never really did anything for me, and didn't buy his motivation.

Gu-fu-fu
11-12-2013, 03:34 AM
Okay, so far he is rivaling Kefka for me. I like my big bads with some humanness, so Sephiroth was kinda not my favorite. And he is pretty. I like 'em pretty. Though that is a hard outfit to pull off, it only raises him in my esteem. Absurd outfit is a win! I am loving IX almost as much as VI, so that is saying something. But this is my first play through (my brother hogged the game when we were kids).

supernaps
11-12-2013, 06:28 PM
And he is pretty. I like 'em pretty. .

lol, but most of them are pretty; Final Fantasy is like CW for videogame charas.

Omni-Odin
11-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Definitely third to Kefka and Sephiroth. I give Kuja a tie with Vayne for my third favorites.

Quindiana Jones
11-21-2013, 06:47 AM
Sephiroth and Kefka are great villains, but they lack the depth of Vayne and Kuja. The latter are excellent characters who happen to be the antagonists in some way or another, whereas the former are just standard Big Bads who do the Big Bad very well.

Minami
11-21-2013, 02:37 PM
I adore Kuja, he's one of my favourite characters in FFIX but i wouldn't say he's the best villain. I think that title belongs to Kefka

Shiny
11-24-2013, 06:44 PM
It's hard for me to take a villain seriously when he's wearing a thong.

Gamblet
11-24-2013, 10:23 PM
It's hard for me to take a villain seriously when he's wearing a thong.

Exactly! :orenji:

maybee
11-25-2013, 08:21 AM
The thong doesn't count. It's just a bad fashion choice. So no points are removed from Kuja's villainy.