PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever bought anything from any other EoFFers?

Jinx
05-08-2013, 04:24 PM
I know a lot of people (a few?) here have Etsy accounts and are artists and stuff. Once I move and start a new job, I intend to go crazy buying both Pete's and Calliope's artwork! (Btw, if anyone else here is an artist who sells their art, let me check it out!)

Shlup sells some AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAZINGLY beautiful jewelry. Like, wow. I want to buy each and every single piece she makes.

Have you ever bought things from other EoFFers? If you have, what? If you are an EoFFer who sells things you make, let us know! :)

Pike
05-08-2013, 04:31 PM
If you are an EoFFer who sells things you make, let us know! :)

I sell books I write.

Faris
05-08-2013, 04:42 PM
From? Nope. For? Yes!

One day I'd like to buy an EoFFer

Jinx
05-08-2013, 04:43 PM
From? Nope. For? Yes!

I think Faris just admitted she wants to go into the Sex Trade.

Psychotic
05-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Are we counting sexual favours? Because, like, a lot.

Jinx
05-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Are we counting sexual favours? Because, like, a lot.

I always thought Steve gave it to you for free. :confused:

Psychotic
05-08-2013, 07:04 PM
For the record, he - like your good self - pays me.

Chris
05-08-2013, 07:29 PM
You should look up some of Rye's stuff. She makes amazing stuff and sells it on Etsy.

Shorty
05-08-2013, 07:51 PM
I keep meaning to buy Nicky's prints!

I had an Etsy store that a few EoFFers bought from. I still have everything and have been thinking about reopening it but it's sooo time-consuming.

Calliope
05-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Buy those prints, buy 'em! (http://society6.com/NickyAndrews) I may upload more on Sunday.

Sarah, I hear you have a job now, no excuses! Also, congratulations.

Pike
05-08-2013, 08:10 PM
>everyone in the world buys expensive stuff off of Etsy
>it's pulling teeth to get people to buy one of my 99cent ebooks which take like 2-3 years each to write/edit

:crying2:

Aulayna
05-08-2013, 08:44 PM
>it's pulling teeth to get people to buy one of my 99cent ebooks which take like 2-3 years each to write/edit

:crying2:

Put your books on Etsy then?

Jowy
05-08-2013, 08:55 PM
<a href=http://pastebin.com/g8iXmnRw>>>>SHAMELESS PLUG, EVERYTHING MUST GO!<<<<</a>

I bought a print from Nicky and love it.

Shorty
05-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Buy those prints, buy 'em! (http://society6.com/NickyAndrews) I may upload more on Sunday.

Thank you and yes, I know :love: That concert tickets is priority and then you take take all my monies!

chionos
05-08-2013, 10:59 PM
I will own Be Good, Be Brave someday.

Jinx
05-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Seriously, though. I want more EoFF art!

Formalhaut
05-09-2013, 12:03 AM
I am not creative/skilled enough to sell anything, not even my own body. Not that I would anyway, but.. um.. :roll2

I'd like to buy stuff though. I didn't ever know many EoFFers had Etsy accounts and were regular sellers! :)

Miriel
05-09-2013, 12:04 AM
I didn't buy it, but Rye sent me a little purse coin as a gift and I use it ALL THE TIME.

That little coin purse has gone with me to Italy, France, Hawaii, and New Orleans. It's the perfect purse for when I want to travel light instead of lugging around my huge wallet. Thanks Rye!

sharkythesharkdogg
05-09-2013, 12:14 AM
I bought some earrings from Shlup as a wedding gift for my "cousin-in-law". They were great, and she loved them!

If you need used Miata or RX-7 parts ('cause that's everyone) you can shoot me a PM. :p

Pumpkin
05-09-2013, 12:16 AM
I haven't bought anything but I got a laptop from peeg and disgaea from cimward. Alos, sharky sent me Xenogears. If I mentioned all of the stuff he's bought me it would be a very long list though.

Sephex
05-09-2013, 01:11 AM
I keep meaning to buy Pike's book. Now I feel bad again.

krissy
05-09-2013, 01:54 AM
i've sold a psn credit card to hypoallergenic cactuar

and Lynx and Kalilung bought my first ambient cd!!! ^.^

Bunny
05-09-2013, 02:02 AM
>>>SHAMELESS PLUG, EVERYTHING MUST GO!<<<< (http://pastebin.com/g8iXmnRw)

I bought a print from Nicky and love it.

xenoblade pls

I haven't bought anything because I didn't know you people sold things.

Jinx
05-09-2013, 02:05 AM

It's probably gonna be a couple months before I get around to buying one of these (hopefully sooner, I'll just have to look at finances, but please don't stop selling Dorotaya. ;-;)

DMKA
05-09-2013, 02:15 AM
ShlupQuack sent me Disney Princess stickers once.

http://stickersforwall.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Disney-Princess-Stickers-for-Wall-RMK1470SCS-room.png.png

I didn't buy them though.

NorthernChaosGod
05-09-2013, 03:03 AM
I bought some earrings from Shlup as a wedding gift for my "cousin-in-law". They were great, and she loved them!

If you need used Miata or RX-7 parts ('cause that's everyone) you can shoot me a PM. :p

You could sell me a used Miata? :O

Rantz
05-09-2013, 07:15 AM
I bought Pike's book. Still haven't gotten around to reading it because I'm a terrible person!

LocoColt04
05-09-2013, 07:18 AM

:crying2:Hook me up. I have the Play Store, Kindle, and Nook apps all on my phone and tablet alike. I will buy the fuck out of some good writing.

blackmage_nuke
05-09-2013, 07:37 AM
I bought an eoff account and all it cost me was my soul

Pike
05-09-2013, 07:46 AM
xD didn't mean to make you all feel bad. I was mostly joking. I'm doing okay for never advertising/marketing.

Hook me up. I have the Play Store, Kindle, and Nook apps all on my phone and tablet alike. I will buy the fuck out of some good writing.

I feel obligated to warn everyone that it's silly young adult steampunk nonsense with dragons and talking chinchillas. Send me a PM/usernote if you're still interested :p

LocoColt04
05-09-2013, 07:48 AM
Wait.

I LOVE ALL OF THOSE THINGS.

I have a whole cavalcade of talking chinchillas in the kitchen.

XxSephirothxX
05-09-2013, 09:15 AM
I bought an edcxzvbnm t-shirt off the EoFF store like 5 years ago. Does that count?

Loony BoB
05-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Just one thing that I can think of off the top of my head. Bleys gave it to me. Long and hard.

Faris
05-09-2013, 12:00 PM
From? Nope. For? Yes!

I think Faris just admitted she wants to go into the Sex Trade.

Since you offered yourself to me for free, guess who my first inventory is /smug

Pumpkin
05-09-2013, 01:49 PM

Don't joke about that, he actually could :stare:. They're everywhere

On second thought, why don't you take his.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-09-2013, 05:00 PM

I know of a perfectly good Honda Accord I'll give him. :colbert:

Slothy
05-09-2013, 05:17 PM
(Btw, if anyone else here is an artist who sells their art, let me check it out!)

I list my bead sprites on Etsy. Not so much because I think there's any huge demand fort another person selling bead sprites on Etsy, rather because I keep making for fun and god knows I don't need them all.

The only thing I bought from an EOFFer though was Pike's book. Which I still haven't read. I'm a terrible person.

NorthernChaosGod
05-09-2013, 09:02 PM

Down. :monster:

I know of a perfectly good Honda Accord I'll give him. :colbert:
Why would you do that to me? :onoes:

theundeadhero
05-10-2013, 12:37 AM
I bought an edcxzvbnm t-shirt off the EoFF store like 5 years ago. Does that count?
Except it was 7 years ago. And a girl I met one night stole it. And and the store doesn't sell them anymore.

escobert
05-10-2013, 03:05 AM
I sold Roogle some shampoo!

Unbreakable Will
05-10-2013, 03:32 AM
Have we established sex yet? I skimmed the other posts.

Freya
05-10-2013, 06:13 AM
I bought some necklaces and earrings from shorty and I bought a physical copy of Pike's book that I still need to send to her to sign for me :3

Pike
05-10-2013, 08:13 AM
I bought a physical copy of Pike's book

I love anyone who does this forever because I actually get more than a 30-cent royalty on these. :heart:

Pheesh
05-11-2013, 12:54 PM
No unfortunately. I gave a bunch of members my old band's t-shirt (5 in total) and I also tried to pay Sarah to ride her dopey dog around the back yard (I may have just left some money on the counter and not actually told her about this, I forget) but he's a big sissy and would keep running away.

Raistlin
05-11-2013, 03:30 PM
I haven't bought anything from an EoFFer, though I have sold some of my old Magic: the Gathering cards to Dr Unne. It's always nicer to deal with friends, as for one shipment I quoted him a price, and then Unne proceeded to send me more money than that because that was "too cheap."

I've also bought gifts for and been given gifts from various EoFFers.

Shadowdust
05-11-2013, 05:02 PM
I've never bought or sold anything to an EoFFer but I have given things in the past. A few years ago, Squally Leonharty was slow to catch up to the age of dual core CPUs so I bought him an old Socket 939 Athlon X2 and mailed it out.

the_best_noob
05-12-2013, 11:30 AM
I avoid Etsy because of people like this (http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-people-etsy-who-are-clearly-serial-killers/)

Pike
05-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Some of the weird stuff you find on Etsy is truly astounding.

Regretsy | Where DIY Meets WTF (http://www.regretsy.com/)

Shiny
05-13-2013, 01:40 PM
I was gonna say something like, "I bought coke from so and so" but let's be real, y'all can't afford that.