PDA

View Full Version : that's why i believe in you

Jowy
05-10-2013, 05:26 AM
EARTHBOUND!

I really love this game. Every playthrough finds some new and unique way to make my heart melt a little bit and that's why you are justified in spending $200 for a cartridge copy! Ten year old Eric rented this based on recommendation from a nine year old girl he only met once and was entranced once they handed me the bigass strategy guide along with the cartridge that I had to return to Hollywood Video five minutes after I beat it to avoid late fees. And then some mothersmurfer erased my level 83 Ness file with AAAAAA level 1. Lots of pre-pubescent nerd rage.

There are no imperfections with this game in my humble opinion. :monster: The ride is enjoyable from start to finish with a completely balanced amount of difficulty. No matter what, you will remember one scenario of this game for the rest of your life (moooooooonsi demonsiiiide demonside) and you won't stop smiling until you get to the extremely unsettling final dungeon and boss, complete with spooky sound effects prior to entry. Never forget your baseball cap.

Have you ever experienced the best the Super Nintendo has to offer? Did you write to Club Nintendo with a letter saying "pizza" and get a stupidly rare air freshner? Do you crank up the music while you're driving through a tunnel to keep the ghosts away?

INPUT! And if you haven't played this, why the hell not?!

Agent Proto
05-10-2013, 05:44 AM
I played and beaten Mother 3. Does that count? It hadn't been released statewide, so I had to get a translated copy of the GBA rom just to play it. It was fun and I really enjoyed the story!

I've played Earthbound too, but I never really finished the game. idk, I need to get around to doing that one of these days.

Jowy
05-10-2013, 06:06 AM
Get on that now, my man. You'll love it.

Skyblade
05-10-2013, 06:08 AM
Earthbound is an awesome game which makes one critical mistake: First person perspective battles.

Kills my immersion and quickly my interest. I try to play this game, I try to like it, but that battle style just instantly destroys any desire to partake in the game's combat system. And you can't go that far without getting into fights.

Wolf Kanno
05-10-2013, 07:10 AM
This is probably the only glaring missing piece of my SNES RPG collection with the possible exception of Sol Blazer (and technically Terranigma though its impossible to get in the States without import or emulating) and I've been curious about it partly from Smash Bros introducing me to the characters but lately its probably from reading so much TV Tropes where the MOTHER series is stupidly popular on it.

I need to check to see if it finally got released on Virtual Console.

Del Murder
05-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Earthbound was pretty awesome. I remember spending hours trying to get the Sword of Kings for Poo. Never got it. :(

sharkythesharkdogg
05-10-2013, 04:59 PM
All I can say is that it's somewhere on my list of top games.

You'll have to keep looking to see where it wound up. :kakapo:

Jowy
05-12-2013, 04:12 AM
Once you grind enough for the Sword of Kings, you eventually just blow the Super Starmen up completely on contact. Getting snowed in gives you a lot of time for mindless activities.

DownDiagonalLeftA
05-17-2013, 02:28 AM
Not too many things piss me off more than being "mashroomized" in Earthbound. Especially early in the game.