PDA

View Full Version : GERMS

Shorty
05-10-2013, 08:47 PM
How weirded out by germs are you? I have to confess that I don't get weirded out by germs at all, ever. I don't get weirded out by seedy restaurants or touching handrails in public places or movie seats or airplanes.

I despise hand sanitizer and washing my hands more than I have to because I don't like water touching me. I think it's important to wash your hands in the restroom and when handling babies and meat and stuff, but other than that, unless my hands actually look dirty (or I have makeup on them) I don't care enough to wash them.

How nuts about fending off germs are you?

Flying Mullet
05-10-2013, 08:58 PM
http://fourdoodlesandataco.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/sneeze.jpg
Excuse Me

Daylight
05-10-2013, 09:04 PM
I used to be really, really freaked off by everything. Just the thought that something could make me sick would make me go into full panic mode. I'd sit on the bus and send mean looks towards people who were sneezing and coughing, cursing mentally at all of them.

I've gotten over it pretty well though. My family just got sick with acute bronchitis and I caught it well and good. Realized it's stupid to be hung up over something like that.

Rebellious Eagle
05-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Not at all. I have the immune system of a god and rarely get contagious diseases (never had the flu, had the stomach flu maybe twice, and strep throat about 3 times...and minor colds. That's it). Like I'm almost never out of school for illnesses besides migraines. So I don't care much about germs at all. I'll drink other people's drinks if they aren't sick and don't care about touching doorknobs or other people's hands or handrails or much of anything.

Mirage
05-10-2013, 10:31 PM
I don't care much about germs. I have a pretty good immune system, although perhaps not as good as RE's. I generally go 5 years between every contageous disease that is bad enough to be worth mentioning. Minor sore throats don't count :p. I did have my first ever sinus infection last week though, at the age of 28. Before that, the last time I was sick was in 2007.

I'll wash my hands after using the toilet, but if it's only because I have to take a leak, I don't always bother with soap, just hot water :p. I'll also wash my hands properly before eating lunch at work, because my job involves lifting things that are often full of oily dust from machinery and stuff. I don't really wash my hands before eating when I haven't been outdoors recently. I also don't really care if i drink from the same bottle as other people have drunk from, or if I use a fork or knife that someone else has recently used, as long as they haven't drooled excessively on it or something like that. Not even if they are sick.

DanielCLFFF13
05-10-2013, 10:34 PM
http://fourdoodlesandataco.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/sneeze.jpg
Excuse Me

Jinx
05-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Germs don't bother me. I'll wash my hands after the bathroom, touching meats, or if they're dirty with something. (Oddly, I hate having lotion on my hands, so I always wash them after applying lotion.)

I'm convinced exposure is good for you. It grosses my mom out when I touch stair rails and stuff out in public. And I'm just like, "I'm building up my immune system!"

Mahad
05-11-2013, 12:23 AM
Not too grossed out. I wash my hands when I have to, but I mean if you really think about we are surrounded by them so there's no point in over doing it. I knew this one girl who said she would put a plate into the microwave before using it and was the kind who doesn't like touching doorknobs but again it's impossible to keep them all away.

Setzer the Gambler
05-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Well, not too grossed out considering I work with a lot of kids... So, I guess my immune system kind of grew stronger because of that.
I do, however, wash my hands before meals, before cooking and after using the bathroom, but I guess a lot of people do that as well.

Unbreakable Will
05-11-2013, 02:14 AM
I tend to use hand sanitizer a lot when at work, I hate handling money from the customers at our station. It's always a bunch of greasemonkeys who never wash their hands. :stare:

Pheesh
05-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Not at all. I grew up around my incredibly Italian grandparents and let's just that their kitchen was very... rustic >.>

I will wash my hands when I cook, and I shower very often because my work leaves me dirty and smelly, but germs in general have never bothered me.

Rantz
05-11-2013, 01:20 PM
I'm always a bit grossed out by coins, so whenever I receive them for some reason, I put them in my mouth and suck on them until I think they're clean. It's just kind of gross to be carrying around dirty coins.

Unbreakable Will
05-11-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm always a bit grossed out by coins, so whenever I receive them for some reason, I put them in my mouth and suck on them until I think they're clean. It's just kind of gross to be carrying around dirty coins.
:onoes:

Sephex
05-11-2013, 06:30 PM
I don't let it bother me because no matter where you go, there germs are.

chionos
05-11-2013, 06:39 PM
They don't call me Wash for nothin.

fire_of_avalon
05-12-2013, 04:59 AM
I work in a doctor's office. Proper sanitizing is my job because it's part of patient care. Like one of the people I work with is responsible for counting how often I clean my hands every month. If she doesn't "see" me clean my hands a minimum of 40 times, I can get in trouble.

In my personal life I wash my hands before cooking/eating, after I use the bathroom, after changing diapers or cleaning up puke, and when they need it.

Pike
05-12-2013, 11:11 AM
I hate the way washing my hands seems to dry them out. It's a really weird and bothersome feel. Because of that, I pretty much never wash my hands.

Yeah, I'll admit it.

#YOLO

Jinx
05-12-2013, 01:35 PM
I work in a doctor's office. Proper sanitizing is my job because it's part of patient care. Like one of the people I work with is responsible for counting how often I clean my hands every month. If she doesn't "see" me clean my hands a minimum of 40 times, I can get in trouble.

In my personal life I wash my hands before cooking/eating, after I use the bathroom, after changing diapers or cleaning up puke, and when they need it.

Yeah, when I was a server, I cleaned my hands a LOT. You're supposed to wash your hands every single time you bus dishes. You can end up washing your hands 50 times in one night. (Unless you have a restaurant which has those wall mounts of hand sanitizer.)

of course, I was always allergic to the sterilizer water that restaurants use for towels to clean tables...my hands would crack and bleed so badly, and it didn't help all of the hand-washing I was doing.

Pike
05-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Hey guys want a fun confession?

I worked in the food court at Target for a year way back in the day.

You were supposed to wash your hands and wear gloves and things.

Do you know how often I did either of those?

If you guessed "never" you're pretty close to correct

Jinx
05-12-2013, 02:10 PM
That's really disgusting.

If you've ever been out to eat, someone has touched your food with their bare hands. But I always made sure my hands were clean if I was going to do that. :|

Pike
05-12-2013, 02:11 PM
That's really disgusting.

What can I say, I'm a terrible person.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-12-2013, 03:03 PM
I tend to use hand sanitizer a lot when at work, I hate handling money from the customers at our station. It's always a bunch of greasemonkeys who never wash their hands. :stare:

I scrub with charcoal defoliating bricks, and heavy duty degreaser soap. Some of that stuff just soaks in!!! :stare:

Unbreakable Will
05-12-2013, 03:12 PM

I scrub with charcoal defoliating bricks, and heavy duty degreaser soap. Some of that stuff just soaks in!!! :stare:
I understand that bit, but some of these guys come in with grease and oil actually dripping or flaking off their hands. :Oo:

sharkythesharkdogg
05-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Well, that is just sad.

NorthernChaosGod
05-12-2013, 09:34 PM
I wash my hands pretty often because I don't like them getting dirty or like getting my phone and laptop all germy.

Mirage
05-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Hey guys want a fun confession?

I worked in the food court at Target for a year way back in the day.

You were supposed to wash your hands and wear gloves and things.

Do you know how often I did either of those?

If you guessed "never" you're pretty close to correct

Unless you regularly put your hands in one (or several) of your bodily orifices while making food, I am not at all disgusted.

Calliope
05-13-2013, 05:11 AM
The only time germs bother me is if I'm at work and someone returns multiple books about some kind of illness.

Shauna
05-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Doesn't bother me at all. I wash my hands when at the appropriate times - around food, after using the bathroom, etc - and that's about it.

I'm not anal about it, 'cause being nervous of germs is silly. :3

Loony BoB
05-13-2013, 03:28 PM
My job requires me to wash my hands often, to the point that they dry up too easily because the work soap is rubbish. I have a prescription moisturiser (Epaderm) at my desk. I'm basically responsible for all IT equipment, which means I regularly carry around extremely old, dusty IT equipment which has been used by one of the thousands of people within the building on a regular basis. There have been times I've put my hand into a laptop carry case to pull out a laptop and immediately froze and slowly pulled out my hand, no longer wanting to touch the very sticky casing of the user's laptop. I don't want to know what people do with these things, but when that happens, you immediately wash your hands. Don't get me started on the keyboards.

Otherwise, yeah, when I go loo I wash my hands and when I have to put in or remove my contacts, I wash my hands. When I have to handle raw chicken I'll wash my hands, too, but that's not a frequent thing.

As for germs that aren't on me but are instead on an item or a workbench, yeah, I don't like that. If I can see or feel that something that should not be there is there, I'm not keen on it. So, in other words, I wish Danielle would control her jam better when she makes a sandwich. I mean, seriously, I don't even know how she manages to leave a dollop of jam somewhere whenever she makes one. It's not cool. :( I don't think so much about germs as I think about not wanting to have jam on my hands.

Pheesh
05-14-2013, 03:38 AM
There have been times I've put my hand into a laptop carry case to pull out a laptop and immediately froze and slowly pulled out my hand, no longer wanting to touch the very sticky casing of the user's laptop. I don't want to know what people do with these things, but when that happens, you immediately wash your hands. Don't get me started on the keyboards.

That, son, is how babies are made.

Faris
05-14-2013, 02:56 PM
Doesn't bother me at all. I wash my hands when at the appropriate times - around food, after using the bathroom, etc - and that's about it.

I'm not anal about it, 'cause being nervous of germs is silly. :3

Also, if my hands feel dirty, I will wash them.

~*~Celes~*~
05-15-2013, 01:18 PM
i work in a deli and as a result i wash my hands quite a bit. Nowhere near as often as i should because my hands really dry out (we're supposed to wash our hands every time we change gloves, for example, and i only do that if my hands get really sweaty), i wash them at proper times but just not as often :D

41-Inches-Wide
05-15-2013, 01:36 PM
I don't mind germs at all. I think my body can fight off germs quite well!
I like hand sanitizers though, especially the fruity smelling ones from Bath and Body Works!

Chemical
05-16-2013, 05:26 AM
Depends on if its MRSA or like.... probiotic bacteria in yoghurt.

Any ways, a pet peeve is in washrooms when people use the automatic hand dryers, they are actually totally unhygienic because they just push urine, fecal, blood, and vaginal/penal fluid particles from the air onto your wet hands where they stick.

And at practicum:

http://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/5Moments_Image.gif