PDA

View Full Version : What was your first videogame and videogame that you completed first?

Bloodnight
05-11-2013, 11:38 AM
The first game that I played was Mario ( on Dendy of cause ), I was only 5 and it was really hard that I couldn't complete it. But the first game that I complete was The Lion King Lion king Walkthrough Sega Genesis Pt 1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzqX2wElKwM) Good times.:)

I didn't like videogames that much then I was kid, cuz I sucked on them, until my brother showed me, lol.

the_best_noob
05-11-2013, 11:39 AM
My first game was a(graphic refurbished) Oregon Trail.

First I finished was Pokemon FireRed

Matthewtheman
05-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Pokemon Red for first played. IIRC, Pokemon Emerald for first beaten.

ladydemolatron
05-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Well mine first game was an Final Fantasy VIII, in this case was PC version, and well I been only 6 years old when brother gotten it but he allowed me to play that thing too.

And mine first fully beaten game propably was one for PS2, as I had that console, and that game was one of harder RPGs for that console- Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne.

Jinx
05-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Is Dendy the Nintendo? Which one?

My first game I ever beat was Ocarina of Time.

blackmage_nuke
05-11-2013, 02:08 PM
The first video game I played was either Monkey Island, Wolf 3D or Math Rescue

The first one I finished mightve been Pokemon Red but I think I mightve used the Cinibar Island rare candy cheat so Im not sure if it counts (I might not have cheated to beat the Elite 4+Gary but I cant remember). After that I it was either Starwars:The Phantom Menace or Metal Gear Solid on PS1

Bloodnight
05-11-2013, 03:06 PM

I played Mario on Dendy.

DanielCLFFF13
05-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Pepsi Man (PS1) is a very funny game. All I have to do is turn to the right and to the left and jump. Yeah very simple gameplay. The game is very easy if I play now. I'm very confused as to why when I was a kid, I felt the game was difficult :confused: hehe :D

Jinx
05-11-2013, 04:47 PM

What's a Dendy?
I played Mario on Dendy.

Freya
05-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Monopoly on one of those first home computers. I don't remember it much but I remember playing it.

Shadowdust
05-11-2013, 04:59 PM
I think this thread kind of dates us a bit. xD My first video game was when I was around four years old on my grandpa's old Atari...and it was Pac Man. The first video game I ever beat without a Game Genie was Goonies 2 on the NES. With the Game Genie though, it was Crysalis.

Sephex
05-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Mega Man 2. And I'm still in love with that game. I sleep with it and stroke the circuit board.

EDIT: Didn't see that it also asked my first game. That I can't answer. Memory is a bit muddled that far back.

Mirage
05-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Do computer games count?

Bloodnight
05-11-2013, 05:09 PM

What's a Dendy?
I played Mario on Dendy.

Game console. Mine was '' Dendy Junior ''.

http://nestalgia.ru/pics/1025-100-2.jpg

If you didn't know, check this out.

Dendy (console) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendy_(console))

Shorty
05-11-2013, 06:53 PM
The original Tomb Raider.

Agent Proto
05-11-2013, 07:02 PM
I don't recall knowing the first video game I completed, but I do remember that Pitfall for the Atari was my first video game. It was also probably the first game I completed. :d

Karifean
05-11-2013, 07:03 PM
As far as I can remember, the first game I ever played was Crash Bandicoot 2. My brothers played the game at the time and let me play. We played the game together, but I guess it was the first game I ever completed (not by myself though).
I think the first game I completed alone was Worms Armageddon (the missions). Good times.

Pike
05-11-2013, 07:57 PM
I do not remember the first game I played because I have always been gaming. My first happened before I was forming memories. It was probably Pac-Man, Dig-Dug or Donkey Kong.

Likewise I have no idea what the first game I completed was. None of this stuff was ever an event for me... it was just how I lived.

NeoCracker
05-11-2013, 08:55 PM
First game I ever played is the first one I beat, Super Mario World.

Getting that first game system and Super Mario World was my first memory. :love:

Pike
05-11-2013, 08:57 PM
You know it's occurred to me that back when I started gaming very few games could actually be "beaten". xD This was the tail end of the arcade generation. Most of the games I first played just went until you lost all your lives.

Shadowdust
05-11-2013, 09:07 PM
You know it's occurred to me that back when I started gaming very few games could actually be "beaten". xD This was the tail end of the arcade generation. Most of the games I first played just went until you lost all your lives.

Back then you heard more folk talking about their high scores than beating a game.

Bolivar
05-11-2013, 09:09 PM
The first game I ever played was probably Super Mario Bros., although it could've as easily been RBI Baseball.

The first game I ever beat was most likely Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

I say probably and most likely cause it's kinda hard know for sure on this stuff!

Del Murder
05-11-2013, 09:27 PM
The first game I played was Duck Hunt and the first game I beat was Super Mario Bros. They were on the same cartridge. Those games changed my life forever. :D

escobert
05-11-2013, 09:27 PM
My first game I played and also the first game I completed was The Legend of Zelda.

Jowy
05-11-2013, 10:23 PM
The first game I played was Duck Hunt and the first game I beat was Super Mario Bros. They were on the same cartridge. Those games changed my life forever. :D

Came here to post exactly this. :aimsun:

Skyblade
05-11-2013, 11:15 PM
And no one will ever make the opposite claim. No one knows if it's even possible to beat Duck Hunt, let alone actually done it. That game is evil.

Wolf Kanno
05-11-2013, 11:42 PM
First game I played was either Frogger on my Uncle's Atari, or Super Mario Bros. on an arcade machine.

The first game I beat was:

Gu-fu-fu
05-12-2013, 01:42 AM
Um, the first game I played was on Atari. Wow. I am your wise elder. I will now take requests for my great aged knowledge. Probably Pong? I remember there was Frogger as well...

First completed would have to be FFVI on my Snes. The memries!

TrollHunter
05-13-2013, 04:47 PM
First: galaga or asteroids
Beat: pokemon ruby

sharkythesharkdogg
05-13-2013, 05:08 PM
I think the first game I played was Sopwith Camel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sopwith_%28video_game%29). It might have been Donald Duck's Playground (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Duck%27s_Playground).

I beat them both, just don't remember which one was first. I was 5 or 6.

edczxcvbnm
05-13-2013, 05:55 PM
The first game I played is like asking what the first movie or TV show I watched. It is so pervasive that I don't have an answer. As for the first game I beat? Same thing? Most games were impossible or endless but there were educational games that you could beat like Astro Grover. So I am once again at a loss.

Pike
05-13-2013, 07:00 PM
The first game I played is like asking what the first movie or TV show I watched. It is so pervasive that I don't have an answer. As for the first game I beat? Same thing? Most games were impossible or endless but there were educational games that you could beat like Astro Grover. So I am once again at a loss.

All of this.

Also, Astro Grover was the shiznit.

Aulayna
05-14-2013, 10:14 AM
My first video game was Tetris. The first video game I completed was Metroid II.

Gzussaves
05-14-2013, 05:54 PM
The first game i played: no clue.. dont remember if it was a nintendo, atari, or dos game (yay true floppy discs)
First game I beat: I will go with one that i beat by myself (not going through taking turns with my brother..yay for sharing) FF7

Pike
05-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Thinking about it the first game I beat may have been The Lion King for Super Nintendo. (Great game by the way.)

Laddy
05-14-2013, 06:20 PM
The first game I ever remember playing Might & Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven. First game I beat? Couldn't say.

Pumpkin
05-15-2013, 04:43 AM
The first game I played was Final Fantasy VIII. I don't get very far. I didn't even make it to the fire cavern.

The first game I beat was Zelda Ocarina of Time.

black orb
05-15-2013, 06:51 AM
>>> You guys played consoles first? (rich kids lol)

First played and first completed, some random 80`s videogame at the arcade machines when I was 4 years old or something.
There is no way I could remember the game.:luca:

Pike
05-15-2013, 10:58 AM

Nope! "Commodore 64 was my first" reporting in!

G13
05-15-2013, 11:30 AM
The first game I ever played was some old computer sidescroller. It was one of those games that cam with the computer I think, like SkiFree. I can't remember much about it aside from the playable character being a bit Megaman-esque. You just ran from room to room shooting things. I remember playing it for hours and never really finding an end, though I did find a room with a giant monster stuck to the wall once. I wish I could remember what it was called. :-/

The first game I ever beat was Streets of Rage 2. It was the first game my older brother ever let me play with him and we sat there for hours until we beat it.

Loony BoB
05-15-2013, 11:44 AM
First video game: Probably Pacman, DigDug or Space Invaders.
First completed game: Chuck Yeager Air Combat, I guess? It's not really a game I recall much story in, but I finished all the missions so there's that. Beyond that, I suppose I finished games such as Castle of the Winds, Shadow Knights, stuff like that.

Pike
05-15-2013, 12:02 PM
DigDug

:love:

This is such a great game. It gets overshadowed by things like Pac-Man but it's sooo much fun.

Sephex
05-15-2013, 12:20 PM

I considered your point about all the endless games back in that day, so I just simply listed the first beatable game I completed.

black orb
05-16-2013, 08:15 AM

>>> Thats even worse! you were the richest kid of all..:luca:

Pike
05-16-2013, 10:15 AM

>>> Thats even worse! you were the richest kid of all..:luca:

Not rich in money, but rich in entertainment!

Endless
05-17-2013, 11:47 PM
First played was probably Arkanoid on an Amstrad CPC. First owned was Tetris which came with my GameBoy. Not counting Tetris, first game I beat was one of the early GB games, maybe Mario, or Nintendo World Cup, or Batman.

Bunny
05-17-2013, 11:59 PM
The first game I played solo was either Advanced Dungeons and Dragons: Pool of Radiance, Final Fantasy, Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord, or Swords and Serpents. I want to say it was S&S, but I honestly cannot remember.

The first game that I beat on my own was, I believe, Final Fantasy IV.

theundeadhero
05-18-2013, 10:01 AM
First game I played was either Frogger on an Atari or Super Mario Bros on NES. First game I beat was probably Legend of Zelda.
They used to have Nintendos set up in stores and McDonalds and I remember little five year old me watching grown-ups have no idea where to go and then I would be like no you have to do this and go there :p

CimminyCricket
05-18-2013, 04:28 PM
First game was Zelda a Link to the Past and the first game I ever beat was Final Fantasy VII.

Vermachtnis
05-18-2013, 06:20 PM
My first game was either R.C. Pro-AM or Mega Man 4. I can't really remember which one I played first. I do know Skull Man was the first boss I ever beat.

The first game I ever completed was Felix the Cat for the NES. That was a fun little game.

KH-Cloudy
05-18-2013, 08:16 PM
My first video game I've ever played was Counter-Strike back in '99 or 2000, but my first video game that I've ever finished would be Final Fantasy VIII.

theundeadhero
05-20-2013, 05:19 AM
I still have R.C. ProAm ")