PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Injuries

Pheesh
05-11-2013, 01:15 PM
So it's winter, which means the cold weather has made my AC joint seize up and I can barely raise my left arm. It's a combination of wear and tear from drumming and all the lifting and awkward movements that comes with working in manual labour.

Anyone else suffer from recurring injuries? If not, what was the worst injury you ever had and how long did it affect you for?

Jinx
05-11-2013, 01:25 PM
*masturbation joke*

I have always had weak ankles, and several years ago I tripped down some stairs sprained my ankle really badly. Now it comes and goes that if I overwork it, it hurts really badly. Luckily for me, my dad's a certified EMT, so I know how to properly wrap a foot/ankle, so when it's acting up that helps. It's been giving me some problems recently, but it seems to be on the mend.

It doesn't sounds quite as bad as your injury, though.

Burtsplurt
05-11-2013, 04:04 PM
I tore the labrum cartilage in my hip last year. I couldn't do any sport for 6 months, and it still feels sore. From what the physio said, it's something that doesn't really recover. Injuries suck.

DanielCLFFF13
05-11-2013, 04:26 PM
What I want to tell is not actually injured, more likely to disease, I think :confused: Every time I woke up, I felt shortness of breath. I had a quick drink warm water. If no shortness of breath that will last until I sleep again. And not just shortness of breath, every time I wake up I definitely sneezing. And it lasted about 1 hour. It bothers me. :(

Formalhaut
05-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Not quite an injury as such, but my right knee has a very annoying click, probably due to cartilage or whatever. That's annoying, and it makes my knee bend slightly from time to time. It's slightly weak you could say - worse, and it's happened three times now, it can even come out of place slightly and become VERY painful if I try and stand. I sort of have to wiggle it back in place.

My calf muscles on occasion tend to seize up and become painful if I stand up though it does wear off.

Sephex
05-11-2013, 06:50 PM
I get minor cuts and metal splinters from handling parts made from sheet metal when I am checking out a part at work (QA) all the time. There are times when I notice a finger bleeding and I don't even know how the injury happened.

Unbreakable Will
05-11-2013, 07:01 PM
I have scoliosis so my back is rather prone to injury, especially as I get older. :mad:

Shorty
05-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Just soreness from my broken arm. Driving with my arms extended for too long, leaning or putting my body's weight on it for too long, lifting heavy things, especially after my feeble attempts at lifting weights.

Jowy
05-11-2013, 07:19 PM
can only breathe out of one nostril. sometimes it clears up for a few minutes, but mostly pure agony!

Unbreakable Will
05-12-2013, 01:26 AM
can only breathe out of one nostril. sometimes it clears up for a few minutes, but mostly pure agony!
Same here, when I was about 1 my bio-dad held me up to a 43133 and it bit my nose in half. My nostrils and the bit of cartilage holding it to my face was hanging by a few scraps of meat, it's a tiny scar now but the cartilage healed all wonky and it gets progressively worse as I get older. It's almost completely cut off my left nostril from breathing and I'll eventually need a rhinoplasty so that I can breathe normally.

fire_of_avalon
05-12-2013, 04:54 AM
I am impervious to such owies.

LocoColt04
05-12-2013, 06:25 AM
So it's winter, which means the cold weather has made my AC joint seize up and I can barely raise my left arm.Yikes! I tore that a couple years back... it acts up once in a while for me too, but fortunately not frequently. My left shoulder does rest almost an entire inch lower than the right shoulder though!

But recurring... well, that's easy. Lots of things.

Mostly my right knee. Torn various tendons and ligaments SIX TIMES. Sprain the damn thing all the time. The most recent tear (about a year ago) was by literally just walking. Talk about a pitiful excuse for a joint.

escobert
05-12-2013, 08:43 AM
I use to sprain my ankles all the time in highschool. don't really anymore but, I'm also not playing a sport full time 3 times a year. The worst I've done is break my ankle in basketball and break my hand. Unless you count concussions in football :p

Oh yeah! when I was in jr high I had to stop playing baseball and have steroids in my elbow. Apparently when I throw I hyper extend my elbow and it tear bone shards off in my joint. so I wasn't able to pay baseball after that.

Daylight
05-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Ouch.

I've never been seriously injured before, but last year I messed up my back pretty badly. I'd been at school the entire day with literally all my books in the bag. When I got home, I put the bag down so I could unlock the door. Then I picked it up again and wanted to haul it inside. I ended up grabbing it with one hand, while somehow twisting my entire body in the process of lifting it up. It felt like an electric shock went through my entire body and I was unable to move for 3 days.

I think it could have been prevented if I had a stronger back :riiight:

Pike
05-12-2013, 10:59 AM
I am really prone to nosebleeds and it's super annoying.

Madame Adequate
05-12-2013, 03:49 PM
About ten years ago now I somehow, whilst doing nothing more than getting up off the floor, did in my left knee. It swelled up enormously and was massively painful for about a week. Since then I get aches and pains in it with moderate regularity, though fortunately nothing as serious as the original injury.

I'll probably be crippled by the time I'm 40 :irked:

Jinx
05-12-2013, 03:57 PM
I used to have really bad hip problems. Like, not being able to walk, was in so much pain.

Unsurprisingly, the problem has mostly corrected itself since I stopped carrying 30 pounds trays on one shoulder. :monster:

Iceglow
05-12-2013, 04:45 PM
I broke my right kneecap in 2004. Since then I've had limited flexibility in my right knee. This means whilst I can move quite normally standing, I find it hard to sit down on the floor or to get comfortable/stand up again. When it gets cold my issues become more pronounced.

That and RSI sweet mother of pain, my shoulder and arm muscles are a fucking mess.

NorthernChaosGod
05-12-2013, 09:30 PM
I think I have tennis elbow in my right arm. It acts up from time to time and I have to take a couple days off from the gym.

Also, I have an old knee injury from lacrosse and it just aches if I don't move around for a long period of time.

Jinx
05-12-2013, 09:40 PM
I think I have tennis elbow in my right arm. It acts up from time to time and I have to take a couple days off from the gym.

Also, I have an old knee injury from lacrosse and it just aches if I don't move around for a long period of time.

Yeah, I bet we know how you got an arm injury. ;D

Denmark
05-12-2013, 09:58 PM
I've sprained my ankles a bunch of times. I was just clumsy enough playing sports (mostly basketball) in high school to get injured a bunch through actions that were mostly my own fault. Not to mention the times I've rolled my ankles while just walking. :shobon:

Shauna
05-12-2013, 10:01 PM
I have never seriously injured myself, nor do I have any minor injuries that keep coming back to haunt me. :shobon:

This just means that I am boring and don't do things.

NorthernChaosGod
05-12-2013, 11:17 PM

Yeah, I bet we know how you got an arm injury. ;D

If you'd stop posting pictures, it'd probably heal. :colbert:

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-13-2013, 03:39 AM
Tendinitis in my wrists! :D It comes back every few months. Fucking horrible. Sometimes it gets to the point that I will drop whatever I am holding without warning.

Also, sometimes my back. Ever since I last winter where I fucked it up, it acts up occasionally. :/

Rebellious Eagle
05-13-2013, 04:56 AM
Sometimes when I'm stretched out my foot gets this awful muscle pull and my toes separate on their own and it hurts SO badly. It goes away after a few minutes but it happens a lot when my feet stretch. It's annoying.