PDA

View Full Version : Foot, meet mouth.

Jinx
05-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Here in the States, today is Mother's Day. Being a good daughter, I went to get my mom a card. I saw this card with a black woman with a sparkly fro on the front. The card was under the "Mahogany" section, a special line of cards for black people. I thought it was such a silly card, I decided to get it for her for the lulz.

And of course, I'm an idiot, and didn't pay attention to what I was doing. Of all the cashiers I could've gone to, which one do you think I went to? It was the black one.

What really stupid things have you done lately?

KH-Cloudy
05-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Your thread title reminded me of chicken feet.

Bunny
05-13-2013, 03:20 AM
I don't understand the problem here?

My eternal predicament: I have two final papers to write, as well as three final tests to study for: a 7-10 page paper that is due tomorrow and a 5-7 page paper that is due Tuesday. Guess how much work I have put into them so far? Yea, zero. I have also yet to crack open the books for any of the tests in order to study.

Oh well.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-13-2013, 03:38 AM
I really don't see the faux pas.

The most glaring "accidentally racist" part of your whole story is the "section with special cards for black people". WUT?

Why is it okay, or even necessary, to segregate greeting cards for people by race? Why are things like this separate? I understand how certain things, like skincare products, might be better off when they're developed specifically for certain peoples, and then marketed that way. But cards? It's been said a million times, but I genuinely wonder what the feedback would be for a line of greeting cards for latinos or white people.

EDIT: Photoshop competition idea. Make greeting cards for different races. First one to get banned gets all of the rep, ever.

fire_of_avalon
05-14-2013, 01:53 AM
I don't think you can rep banned people.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-14-2013, 06:30 PM
You give them all the rep, then ban them. That's the beauty of it.

champagne supernova
05-14-2013, 06:56 PM
It reminds me of an episode of Community where they find a pregnancy test in Shirley's (the black woman) bag and it says: "You know girl!"

Rebellious Eagle
05-15-2013, 12:51 AM
I accidentally said something about mothers to my friend whose mom recently passed away. She didn't say anything but I mentally kicked myself for being so dumb.