PDA

View Full Version : MOTHERS DAY THREAD

Pumpkin
05-13-2013, 01:05 AM
I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I woke up early (as I had to work) and my boyfriend and I went to Waffle House as we do every Sunday and I had chocolate pie and chocolate milk for breakfast. Then I headed to work, and since I'm still in the stupidly long training video segment of my training, I spent about 3 hours playing Pokemon and the other 2 hours paying attention to the things I actually need to know. Then we had a delicious lunch at O'Charley's and I got a steak and cheesy mashed potatoes and some lemon meringue pie for dessert. Then we came home and my boyfriend had done a good amount of cleaning for me and the house looks great and I am very grateful. Then I took a nap and then we did groceries.

I also got a Nintendo 64, Pokemon Snap, Zelda Ocarina of Time, and Final Fantasy IV for Mother's Day :excited:

What did you do for Mother's Day?

Faris
05-13-2013, 01:12 AM
For my mother I got her unicorn pendant repaired so now she can wear it again. She's been bragging ever since. We're also getting a free session for a makeover or something later this week.

Today when I was getting my coffee an employee went out of their way to hand me a carnation and say "Happy Mother's Day". Why does everyone seem to think I'm a mother?!?

Pike
05-13-2013, 01:13 AM
I talked to my mom on the phone for about 45 minutes! I also sent her a card which she got yesterday :)

As for me, I went to Iron Man 3. I'm not a mother, but hey.

Pheesh
05-13-2013, 01:14 AM
My mum lives on the other side of the country, usually I'll arrange a present for her that I can ship but time and money were a factor this year. I called her though and spoke for a while, it sounded like she was having a great day.

For dinner I went over to my Dad's house, my nonna was there and we all had a family dinner. Very low key Mother's Day for me.

Jinx
05-13-2013, 01:28 AM
As I've said, I got my mom a Sassy Black Woman card. Also, and iTunes gift card, cos she plays on her iPad a lot.

Sephex
05-13-2013, 01:39 AM
Girlfriend and I went to go have breakfast with her mother and grandmother, then we spent the day at my folk's house generally chilling out and having a good time. I gave my mom this cheesy Garfield card and some facial cream that she craves. I mean, I love my mom's tacos, so paying her back with some facial cream was the only logical thing to gift.

Shorty
05-13-2013, 02:58 AM
Some dude yelled out his patio door to ask me if I was a mother. I said no, but he told me happy mother's day anyway.

My mom doesn't like making a big deal out of today. I cleaned her house for her and she was grateful.

~*~Celes~*~
05-13-2013, 03:05 AM
I bought my mom her favorite perfume and two big bars of dark chocolate (her favorite)

I got a ps2 and dark cloud :)

Miriel
05-13-2013, 04:19 AM
I bought my Mom two pairs of shoes, and got my Grandma a necklace. I live kinda far from them now, so I chatted with them over the phone.

For my mother in law I made her a bouquet of flowers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/5d14e8f8-14fd-4809-8a29-0bf5f9197413_zps8bcaa0ef.jpg

It's the first bouquet I ever made, and I think it came out pretty snazzy. And then Del Murder took us all out to a delicious dinner.

Calliope
05-13-2013, 05:31 AM
That's a lovely bouquet!

I called my mother last weekend, and we chatted for a little bit. I sent my MIL and GIL a card.

Happy Mother's Day, eoff.

Shauna
05-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Mother's Day was ages ago. I knew there was time differences, but geez, come on guys!

Jowy
05-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Mimosas and dubstep while I danced on the roof with one of my besties. My mom would have wanted me to have fun today.

Aulayna
05-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Mother's Day was ages ago. I knew there was time differences, but geez, come on guys!

Yeah I had to Google, I honestly thought I'd forgotten!

Shlup
05-13-2013, 10:19 AM
I saw my mom and her mom yesterday for dinner. We got each other cards. Yes, my mom got me one too. Today I went to work.

Shiny
05-13-2013, 01:36 PM
I traveled for four hours so that was fun. We'll do something spa related this week when she isn't working (yeah who works on a Sunday wtf).