PDA

View Full Version : Your help from other sources?



Greatermaximus
05-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Besides in game discussion and inference, how much help did you need? It could be anything. Will you need more help?

To boast a little I didn't need help beating the game and seeing the ending. My own searching led me to a 90% completion of items/characters.. To admit I'm human I did need the faq to get the other 10%.

I'm running out of things to talk about. I think I do have at least one more thread.

Gamblet
05-13-2013, 02:57 PM
I randomly started using guides after missing out on Atma Weapon. I got paranoid and did not want to miss anything else. I only used a hidden item guide though, rest I did myself.

DownDiagonalLeftA
05-20-2013, 02:28 AM
I had to use the best guide there is. Talking to all the townspeople in the world of ruin.

Shadowdust
05-29-2013, 04:59 AM
When I was playing this, dial-up was just starting to take off, thus I didn't have internet. My local bookstore didn't have any guides for FFVI and I was the only one of my friends who liked Final Fantasy games. So all in all, I had zero help and since it was one of three games I had, it was no problem spending a year or so perfecting my game. :p I wish I knew the exact amount of hours I played, but I had all three slots filled at 99:59 in my quest to finish all things in the game including creating the ultimate fighting party.

Greatermaximus
06-06-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm glad I'm wrong. I found at least two other threads. That 10% is collesuem stuff too and/or item conversion.

I can say I can get to the ending with nearly everything. Unless some author out there creates way too many things to find/collect.

Flying Mullet
06-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Since there really wasn't much of an internet when FFIII came out, anything I learned outside of the game was from discoveries my friends would make when playing. At one point Game Informer had two issues where FFIII was the "game of the month" for the strategy guide and I remember learning about the secret room in the Fanatic's Tower.

Eventually I came across the Complete Final Fantasy III 3 Forbidden Game Secrets (http://compare.ebay.com/like/181139285064?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar) in the bookstore and had to pick it up.

Roogle
06-10-2013, 10:10 PM
If I remember correctly, I had somehow acquired a strategy guide to the game that told me about certain items and secrets. I'm not sure how much of it I used in my first playthroughs as I was very young.

Greatermaximus
06-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Nice historical perspective. It's opinionated but it looks like the series isn't too difficult to figure out. And today you get every clue.

Loony BoB
06-17-2013, 10:32 AM
When I finally played it I was using EoFF & GameFAQs to help me with certain things such as finding dragons and/or characters. I think that was about it, really. Oh, and I guess I used it for finding treasure on occasion (or at least, making sure I'd found all the notable treasure I could be bothered getting). I wasn't too bothered as most of the game had already been spoiled for me and I was more just wanting to experience it and beat it. Which I'm happy to say I've done, so yay.