PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Distant Worlds Concert Tickets Giveaway!

Del Murder
05-14-2013, 08:24 PM
The folks at Square-Enix NA have been generous enough to provide us with two tickets to the upcoming Final Fantasy: Distant Worlds concert in Atlanta, Georgia! Here's some details on the event:

Distant Worlds
June 7, 2013 8:00 pm
Atlanta Symphony Hall in Atlanta, Georgia

Distant Worlds returns to Atlanta for two nights only!
Captivating audiences across the globe, the program features iconic selections from throughout the 25 year catalogue of monumental FINAL FANTASY music. Don’t miss this unique multimedia experience that includes exclusive breathtaking HD video from the Final Fantasy game developers SQUARE ENIX, renowned vocal and instrumental soloists and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. Award–winning Music Director Arnie Roth conducts.

Each evening's program highlights some of the most beloved songs of the Final Fantasy series, featuring special guest artist Susan Calloway, including FINAL FANTASY IX: Melodies of Life (June 7), FINAL FANTASY XII: Kiss Me Good bye (June 7), FINAL FANTASY X: Suteki da ne (June 7 & 8), FINAL FANTASY XI: Memoro de la Stono ~ Distant Worlds (June 8), and FINAL FANTASY VIII: Eyes On Me (June 8).

June 7 Highlights Include:

FINAL FANTASY IX: Melodies of Life (June 7 only!)
FINAL FANTASY XII: Kiss Me Good bye (June 7 only!)
FINAL FANTASY VII: Opening - Bombing Mission
FINAL FANTASY XI: Vana'diel March
FINAL FANTASY X: Zanarkand
FINAL FANTASY X: Suteki da ne

June 8 Highlights Include:

FINAL FANTASY XI: Distant Worlds (June 8 only!)
FINAL FANTASY VIII: Eyes On Me (June 8 only!)
FINAL FANTASY VII: Opening - Bombing Mission
FINAL FANTASY XI: Vana'diel March
FINAL FANTASY X: Zanarkand
FINAL FANTASY X: Suteki da ne

(Programs subject to change.)

To enter this giveaway, simply post in this thread telling us your favorite Final Fantasy song. This contest is open to all members of Eyes on Final Fantasy, but please keep the following in mind when entering:

We'd prefer people to enter only if you think you will be able to attend the concert.
You can also enter if you can't attend and want to *gift* your tickets to someone else who can attend.
Please do not enter if you plan on selling the tickets. We want a member or at least someone associated with a member of EoFF to be able to enjoy the concert!
There will be other opportunities for members to increase their chances of winning in the next few days. Stay tuned to this thread and the EoFF Twitter account (@EyesonFF) for more details!

SECOND ENTRY OPPORTUNITY: In order to get your name in the hat a second time, simply make a discussion thread in any of the forums with 'Final Fantasy' in the name and post the link to the thread here.

The contest will be open until May 23, 2013 5:00 PM Pacific time. That evening we will randomly draw a winner among the entrants.

Formalhaut
05-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Always in America :roll2

I'll pass, in virtue of the fact that I couldn't possibly enter. Even if I could go to America, it's deep in exam season. I hope you guys have fun though!

Del Murder
05-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Well, you could always enter and provide the tickets as a special gift to a friend if they happen to live in the Atlanta area. :greenie:

Jinx
05-14-2013, 08:34 PM
If I wasn't moving that week, I'd go if I won. Good luck to whoever wins! :)

Jowy
05-14-2013, 08:37 PM
<a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GErIysWMfQo>Final Fantasy Dissidia - Final Fantasy VI - The Decisive Battle</a>

I would be gifting these tickets to a friend in Atlanta.

Formalhaut
05-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Well, you could always enter and provide the tickets as a special gift to a friend if they happen to live in the Atlanta area. :greenie:

I don't know anyone who lives near Atlanta. I couldn't point to Atlanta on a map.

Pike
05-14-2013, 08:46 PM

I don't know anyone who lives near Atlanta. I couldn't point to Atlanta on a map.

http://www.deptrade.com/img/atlanta_on_us_map.jpg

And I won't be entering cause I'm much too far away, but good luck to everyone who does! :cheer:

Scotty_ffgamer
05-14-2013, 09:22 PM
I was actually wanting to try to take a trip somewhere this summer. I think I could swing this if I won. If it ended up not working out, I know people I could give the tickets to.

As for my favorite song, I am going to have to say Fragments of Memories from Final Fantasy VIII. This is most likely due to nostalgia, but I've just always loved that part of the game too. Here's the orchestral version of the song because it is pretty fun too: Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec: FFVIII 13 - Fragments of Memories - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj6Twdokxfs)

chionos
05-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Have to go with Terra's Theme

sT9ReWDV0IU

The tickets would be for me, but it's possible that, were I to win, there might be a second contest to see who gets to go with me. :plotting:

Sephex
05-14-2013, 10:25 PM
If it was closer to my location I would go. I went to the very first concert (aside from the big LA show) in Chicago way back in 2005, and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

fire_of_avalon
05-15-2013, 02:25 AM
I live about four hours from Atlanta. But it's so hard to pick a favorite song! I've been thinking about it all evening and I think I've narrowed it down to three choices, buuuuut I am going to have to think on it some more.

krissy
05-15-2013, 02:50 AM
i;ve been to this but i want to win and gift it to Sum1sGruj

Nicolas
05-15-2013, 05:16 AM
Since I live there, this should be entertaining to try and win.

FFV's Dear Friends (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Alk-tHqU0) is probably my favorite. I feel as though I might be the only person that loves it.

Pheesh
05-15-2013, 05:22 AM
I will enter this and gift it to MAH BESFRAN foa, if she can make it.

Hymn of the Fayth is my favourite FF song.

TWVST7P37IM

NorthernChaosGod
05-15-2013, 07:53 AM
I love winning stuff, so I'll enter. Then people can compete for the tickets. :kakapo:

Or I'll just pick someone.

Do songs by The Black Mages count? Because I totally fucking love Vamo Alla Flamenco.

Loony BoB
05-15-2013, 01:35 PM
At the moment it's Answers from FFXIV. :) I'm all about the gifting, although I don't even know if I'm allowed to win. x)

Pumpkin
05-15-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm about 2 and a half hours away from Atlanta and I would love to go.

My favorite song is Rose of May.

Agent Proto
05-15-2013, 04:15 PM
I don't know. I always liked the Chocobo themes, my favorite version would be the Ukelele version from IX. However, my favorite FF song would have to be The Man with the Machine Gun.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-16-2013, 03:39 AM
I'm also close to Atlanta, and would be able to attend if I win. Exciting! :kakapo:

I'm having trouble picking a favorite, favorite. Perhaps "Maria and Draco" or "Liberi Fatali".

EDIT: Good luck everyone!

Skyblade
05-16-2013, 04:02 AM
This is an incredibly difficult question. There are so, so many excellent tracks to choose from. How do you pick between the sheer beauty of a piece like To Zanarkand over an awesome boss theme like Force Your Way? How does one choose between the melancholy contemplation of Terra's Theme, over the fun, bubbly nature of Descendent of the Shinobi?

Oh, and it gets worse, because I also have to factor in redone music for remakes, or remixes for Dissidia, even if I discount fan remixes. And then of course there's the nostalgia factor. So many of these songs have such glorious memories tied to them. When I hear a song like Weapon Raid, the power of the pieces memories immediately pull me back to the WEAPON attack on Junon, and the sheer gloriousness of the fight, execution, and escape scenes.

Heck, even my mood factors into it, as different pieces have different appeal at different times.

Final Fantasy is full of some of the best music in gaming, period. I could list tracks for hours without being able to decide on even a top 50, let alone a favorite.

Even after I narrowed it down to a particular game, picking an individual track is basically impossible.

But here's my choice. Moving, powerful, filled with memories, always fun to listen to, and always wants to draw me back to a world that I left all too long ago.

I give you, the Undefeated Heart:
KgNXtzf_UTE

Xordon
05-16-2013, 05:28 PM
So many good songs from the series but if I had to choose one as my favorite it would be SeeD from FFVIII https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhxlwQFiGyA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Slayer1514
05-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Dancing Mad from VI

about 5 hours away, so should be able to go, if not i have some friends closer who would love to go

just found out that my sisters graduation is on that day, so count me out of the drawing

Coolhowi
05-16-2013, 08:58 PM
I can make the trip. I love final fantasy and jazz.

This is my favorite ff song.
It's the perfect manifestation of such a deep and emotional game.

Burden of Truth - Crisis Core
FFVII Crisis Core Soundtrack: Burden of Truth - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1QfdrbTiX8)

fire_of_avalon
05-17-2013, 02:05 AM
Since I live there, this should be entertaining to try and win.

FFV's Dear Friends (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Alk-tHqU0) is probably my favorite. I feel as though I might be the only person that loves it.
I didn't know you lived in Atlanta. :D

I will enter this and gift it to MAH BESFRAN foa, if she can make it.

Hymn of the Fayth is my favourite FF song.

TWVST7P37IM
:squeeze:

I love winning stuff, so I'll enter. Then people can compete for the tickets. :kakapo:

Or I'll just pick someone.

Do songs by The Black Mages count? Because I totally smurfing love Vamo Alla Flamenco.
That's a FFIX song though! Tttly counts

Okay, so like Skyblade and several others, I find it so hard to pick my favorite anything, but especially my favorite FF song. There are so many amazing songs that speak to the range of emotional storylines in the series that when I was going through them last night I just got lost in it all.

In the end, I'm choosing this:
UL2b7E7TA6c
Within the Giant is an amazing, forthright and determined accompaniment to the beginning of the fight for Gaia. I'll never, ever forget the amazement I felt as a child when, just prior to entering the Giant, representatives of all races on the planet came together as one to defend themselves.

As much strength as the melody of the song has, there are still background notes that promote a sense of wonder and astonishment for the characters, as they battle their a gargantuan robot and, eventually, restore the sanity of two allies. I love this part of Final Fantasy IV's story, this turning point where everything begins to come together to a riveting climax.

My runners up are pY0TRKZcTXA The Landing from FFVIII. SeeDs are badass and fight giant metal spiders and ride speedboats.

And I really wouldn't be foaish if I didn't mention a FFX song. I love To Zanarkand, but almost equally I love The Path of Repentance from Via Purifico. Because fuck you, I beat the Via Purifico Maester Mika. Bastid.

TA5PpkNdKbM

Braska
05-17-2013, 03:01 AM
I went to this already. On Nobuo-sama's birthday. It was amazing. AMAZING, I TELL YOU. Sadly, all they played from FFX was "(To) Zanarkand" which was disappointing, yet totally epic.

I wish I lived in GA, though. Would've loved to see it again.

Pulgo1
05-17-2013, 03:58 AM
This is a tough choice, but I would have to say Battle On The Big Bridge. I'm about three hours away from Atlanta. I would love to go to this.

Rusty Shackleford
05-17-2013, 01:06 PM
It's an easy target but, timeless. The Prelude in FF6. I'd have to fly across the country to get to this concert. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Ultimecia
05-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Final Fantasy 8 - Balamb Gardens

It always brings back fond memories of my 1st play :)

Jinx
05-17-2013, 03:53 PM
You know what, I am going to enter this drawing. I will give my tickets to another deserving EoFF member.

Zr0pNEnJ2dI

I love Flowers Blooming in the Church from FFVII. It's not the most "exciting" piece of music in the FF series, but it's a very calming, sunshiney, spin on Aeris' Theme. Yup, it's Aeris' Theme, take another listen! It's in another key, and slowed down. Whenever I have insomnia, I throw this song on and I usually fall asleep pretty quickly. It's so relaxing.

Daxtreme
05-17-2013, 10:58 PM
Final Fantasy X - To Zanarkand

Lionx
05-18-2013, 04:25 AM
Vivi's Theme from FFIX :3

Summoner Adviser
05-18-2013, 05:18 AM
After much thought, my absolute favorite song from the Final Fantasy series is a toss up between Morning Glow by Mayuko Aoki from FFX-2, and Melodies of Life by Emiko Shiratori from FFIX.

kotora
05-18-2013, 11:00 AM
In case I win the true and honest fully random drawing process I'll gift the tickets to one of the EoFFers living in that there Southern US :monster:

Think I'll go with the FFX-2 Chocobo Theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqlKZuqFf40) :colbert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqlKZuqFf40

what the hell is up with the video embed code? :confused:

Headsnap
05-18-2013, 12:03 PM
It would have to be terra's theme from ff6. Reason is, it was the song my daughters were flower girls to in my wedding. And I only live 2 hours from Atlanta yo! Pick me:)

Haha_YouAint
05-18-2013, 07:24 PM
My favorite song from the Final Fantasy series would have to be 'Answers' sung by Susan Calloway for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Mahad
05-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Any one know if it'll be coming to the west coast any time soon?

Del Murder
05-19-2013, 05:00 AM
It's great to see all these entrants so far. If you would like to increase your chances, I offer a way to get your name in the hat a second time. Simply make a discussion thread in any of the forums with 'Final Fantasy' in the name and post the link to the thread here.

fire_of_avalon
05-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Okay!

http://home.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/150139-intentional-naming-puns.html#post3258102

Jinx
05-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Here's my second entry:

http://home.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/150160-couples-do-you-think-stayed-together-after-game-ended.html#post3258506

:)

Pumpkin
05-20-2013, 09:54 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x/150164-if-you-took-final-fantasy-x-final-fantasy-x-2-a.html#post3258668

Del Murder
05-21-2013, 02:40 AM
Only three more days left! Be sure to get those entries in!

OzmaNeku
05-21-2013, 07:44 PM
I'd have to say FFIX Boss theme. I'd love to see this concert, I live in Atlanta!

Vantts
05-21-2013, 07:50 PM
I would say the FFIX battle theme is my favorite, especially after just finishing a replay of it!

Jiro
05-21-2013, 07:51 PM
My favourite song of the moment is

BRpGoFISvok

My thread is located here (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/150183-barret-wallace-underrated.html).

I am entering on behalf of a true friend who lives in Atlanta and would strongly appreciate the gift, as well as satisfy me in repaying a debt of kindness.

Pike
05-21-2013, 08:07 PM
So you're not coming back, bro? Damn.

Oh well, loved seeing you here for two seconds anyway :love:

Del Murder
05-22-2013, 11:08 PM
Only one day left!

Skyblade
05-23-2013, 05:19 PM
'Tis Only A Flesh Wound (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiii-2/150207-tis-only-flesh-wound.html)

I just finished XIII-2, and I thought I could talk about something that I thought the game did very well.

Del Murder
05-23-2013, 06:13 PM
I've decided to close the applications a little early since I'm going to be pretty busy this weekend and won't have a lot of time for the drawing. So this contest officially closes today at 5:00 PM Pacific time. At around 6:30 PM Pacific time, I will hold a random drawing of the winners in the #eoff chatroom. Come on by if you want to see the live results!

Get those last entries in!

yunii
05-23-2013, 07:00 PM
My favorite would have to be FFVII's Main Theme.
Final Fantasy VII - Main Theme [HQ] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UARM4q7hHU) <3

EyrminDraconis
05-23-2013, 07:34 PM
The Crystal Theme is my favorite. If I had to pick a specific game's version, I'd most likely pick FFIV.

Tickets would be for me, since I live just north of ATL.

Del Murder
05-24-2013, 02:14 AM
This contest is closed! Stay tuned for the winner to be announced in #eoff chat in about a half hour.

Del Murder
05-24-2013, 02:41 AM
The drawing will take place in about 10 minutes. Join me in chat!

There will also be a SPECIAL SURPRISE announced there as well.

Del Murder
05-24-2013, 03:08 AM
So the special surprise was that we actually had two sets of tickets to give away!

The winners were announced in chat via random drawing. Congratulations to shion and Coolhowi on winning a pair of tickets each! Please pm me with your name, address, and email so that we can get those tickets to you ASAP.

Thanks again to Square-Enix NA for providing these to us!

Loony BoB
05-24-2013, 08:16 AM
Congrats to both of you. :) It's awesome, you'll love it. :D

Pumpkin
05-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Thank you guys, I'm really looking forward to it.

Jinx
05-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Who the heck is Coolhowi?

Del Murder
05-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Everyone's new best friend if they want to go to the concert with him.

Shauna
05-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Congrats! I hope Coolhowi chooses to stick around and become our friends after this wonderful opportunity! :p

NorthernChaosGod
05-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Congrats you two! :monster:

Pumpkin
05-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Congrats you two! :monster:

You have no idea how excited I am. I never win this stuff. Remember when I donated like $150 (before conversion) to that movember thing and had like an 80% chance of winning (or some ridiculous amount like that) of and you ended up winning instead? That's how things go for me. I am going to bask in the glory of winning something while it lasts, because I don't imagine it will happen again for a very long time :P.

NorthernChaosGod
05-25-2013, 08:05 AM
Now you're making me feel bad.

Pumpkin
05-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Good :stare:.

No really, you shouldn't. I'm just excited I finally won something :jess:

CimminyCricket
05-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Shion you sound like me! xD The first thing I've won in the last five years was the FF Anniversary poster. I'm so glad that you won! :D

Formalhaut
05-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Good :stare:.

No really, you shouldn't. I'm just excited I finally won something :jess:

Congratulations Shion! Send us many many pictures. Please. :D