PDA

View Full Version : The Newbie Party 2013

Pages : [1] 2

Loony BoB
05-16-2013, 01:52 PM
The Newbie Party

The Newbie Party is planning on another victory in the Eyes on Final Fantasy Elections (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/150085-official-eyes-final-fantasy-2013-election-thread.html) and I welcome anyone and everyone to join in, regardless of how old or new you are to EoFF!

The main policies of the Newbie Party are as follows:
- We love Newbies. Newbies are the lifeblood of Eyes on Final Fantasy and we are here to support them and turn them into long-term members! We want a positive future for EoFF and for the members, both old and new, and to do this we want to make EoFF itself better. This comes through the site, through the chatroom, through the forums and - obviously - through the community. With your support, I'm sure we can do it!
- We love chat, particularly in #eoff! The chatroom of Eyes on Final Fantasy is a great place for members to get to know each other, including newbies, so The Newbie Party is definitely in favour of promoting #eoff.
- We believe in the revamping of EoFF. This place can always use an update, and I know from a feedback thread I made on the issue that a lot of people agree. We want this to happen and look forward to seeing the changes!

Finally, as with the last time we partied hard with The Newbie Party, I pledge as party leader to sing any pro-newbie song you guys can come up with. Regardless of how silly it might be, so long as it's pro-newbie and in good taste, I'll sing it loud, I'll sing it proud. I will also not only do what I can to bring in new members but also attempt to bring back older newbie-friendly members.

<table><tr><td width="50%">Members
chaos7
Gzussaves
Locky
Loony BoB (party leader)
Mr. Shauna
Scotty_ffgamer
Shaibana
Shauna
Snakz92
the_best_noob</td><td width="50%">http://www.aiyon.com/keke/newbieparty.png</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">Other Supporters: Psychotic</td></table>

NOTE: Representatives for the various forum categories will be decided after we have members have signed up so we have a good idea of what people we have to pick from. As ever, we will do our best to have newbies in some of the roles and will support them all the way!

Things We Need To Do Before 22nd May
-Create your party name. - The Newbie Party
-Decide on a non-representative party member to be your vice president.
-Decide on your motto. - Once a newbie, always a newbie.
-Decide on your slogan (yes, they are different) - WE ARE YOUR FUTURE.. DEAL WITH IT MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
-Decide on a mascot. - Moomba
-Draw a sigil/crest for your party. - http://home.eyesonff.com/attachments/general-chat/43221d1368713076-newbie-party-2013-quick-mock-up.png

Night Fury
05-16-2013, 02:13 PM
As the leading Best Newbie. This may be the party for me! Unless I want to start up my own....

Loony BoB
05-16-2013, 02:17 PM
You would most definitely be welcome, Locky. :D You would be a fantastic person to represent the Newbie Party, as you can show people how hard work can lead to even some of our newest members of EoFF joining staff. I also think you'd be excellent at supporting newbies with various tasks they may be presented with. :)

Night Fury
05-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Ahh alright then, I'll join your party. Because you're pretty :)

Loony BoB
05-16-2013, 02:20 PM
:<3:

Snakz92
05-16-2013, 02:28 PM
I might not be of much use, but this sounds fun. I'll join.

Loony BoB
05-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Welcome aboard, Snacks! :D Some people will say the real fun comes when the parties start slagging each other off, some will say the real fun starts when you do the little tasks, but I think the real fun tasks when a newbie beats the odds and slaughters any opposition they come up against to win a category. :aimsun:

Freya
05-16-2013, 02:37 PM
I hope someone else makes a party soon cause BoB can't be in the lead!

Loony BoB
05-16-2013, 02:41 PM
By newbie powers combined, we are the leading party!

EDIT: I've added a list of things we need to do to progress as an official party. If you guys have any good ideas for a motto, slogan, mascot or sigil/crest for us, be sure to let us know in this thread. :)

For now, I'm thinking a chocobo should be our mascot, but I'm open to suggestions. We'll also need someone image-savvy to take on making us a sigil/crest. As for a motto and slogan, I'm not entirely sure just yet, but I'm confident we can come up with something good. :D I'll wait to see who applies to this party for about 48 hours before declaring who will have the Vice President position.

Night Fury
05-16-2013, 02:56 PM
I'll make the crest! Can do one now! :D

Can't we have Moombas..... Plllleeeeeeaaaassseeeee?
Mock up.

Loony BoB
05-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Okay, that is a rather rockin' crest. In a sense, the Moomba are the ideal crest for a Newbie as it is what a good Shumi evolves into (unlike NORG, who was a bad egg). You could say that the Shumi are like the Newbie, and a Moomba is what any good Newbie becomes. Also, while the dimwitted of the human race within FFVIII looked at the Moomba as lesser beings to be used as slaves, the Shumi revered them and the good guys and Moomba fought to protect each other, which is exactly how it should be at EoFF.

If the newbies amongst us would like for the Moomba to be the mascot and for that image to be our crest, then I say it's an excellent choice and can be made official. :)

Calliope
05-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Hard work? Various tasks? A chocobo for a mascot? Ugh, why don't you just make your mascot a spreadsheet and be done with it, Fascist BoB.

Night Fury
05-16-2013, 03:20 PM
I just like Moombas, and I think they're quite underrated - people will always pick a Chocobo or a Tonberry, forgetting about the poor Moomba there! They're the Underdog of Final Fantasy.

I'm trying to find a decent Chocobo pic though so I can make a banner with a moomba on one side and the chocobo on the other, but no luck yet!

Del Murder
05-16-2013, 03:27 PM
This party has a lot of history. How has it evolved and changed over the years to stay fresh and innovative for today's EoFF?

Pheesh
05-16-2013, 03:27 PM
I have it on good authority that BoB actually bought Locky's support in the form of accommodation and a train ticket.

This whole thing stinks I tells ya. Stinks!

Slothy
05-16-2013, 03:29 PM
This party has a lot of history. How has it evolved and changed over the years to stay fresh and innovative for today's EoFF?

It hasn't. Look at them! They only have one type of hat for god's sake!

Night Fury
05-16-2013, 03:31 PM

Excuse me! But I have a vast array of hats. I'm pretty much hat girl tbh. :colbert:

Calliope
05-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Hatgirl! To the Capmobile! (http://home.eyesonff.com/wonder-square/150092-cunning-cap-party.html)

Loony BoB
05-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Hard work? Various tasks? A chocobo for a mascot? Ugh, why don't you just make your mascot a spreadsheet and be done with it, Fascist BoB.
:confused:

Our new members keep us fresh and innovative. :D As for the policy of focusing on supporting and retaining new members, that's a policy that doesn't need to change. There have been other policies that have come and gone throughout The Newbie Party's lifespan (not ot mention name - the Reformed Newbie Party and the #eoff party for example were both renamed versions of The Newbie Party over the years), but in the long run, the party's focus on newbies has allowed the atmosphere to always feel new and invigorating.

Locky seems to have put you in your place on that one. I don't know where you're getting your information from!

Aulayna
05-16-2013, 04:07 PM
I see no spreadsheets in this thread so I can only conclude that the leader of this part is infact an imposter posing as Loony BoB.

Loony BoB
05-16-2013, 04:09 PM
I can confirm that at one point the policy (outside of the Newbie focus) was simply 'hats, chats and stats', which is where that hat pic came about. :D Anyone who knows me clearly knows I am all about the stats. :mwahaha:

Maybe I'll post some newbie-related stats later on...

Shaibana
05-16-2013, 04:33 PM
can i join too? ^^

Loony BoB
05-16-2013, 04:53 PM
You most certainly can! Welcome back to the Newbie Party, Shaibana! Returning members are always welcome. <3

chaos7
05-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Newbie Party sounds pretty cool. I'm on board :P

Psychotic
05-16-2013, 06:23 PM
I'd love to join this super party! Sign me up, Daddio!

Loony BoB
05-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Great to have you in the team, chaos :D

I'd love to join this super party! Sign me up, Daddio!
You're in like Flynn.

Psychotic
05-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Awesome. I've never been approved before... I so happy :') So, when do we tell all these newbies signing up that this is a con and they're actually signing up to become our slaves?

Jinx
05-16-2013, 07:10 PM
I only own one hat, and I'm not a fan of hats. If I join this party, am I allowed to go hatless?

Snakz92
05-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Awesome. I've never been approved before... I so happy :') So, when do we tell all these newbies signing up that this is a con and they're actually signing up to become our slaves?
I am not a number!! I am a free man!!

Loony BoB
05-16-2013, 07:23 PM
TB, it's okay if you are hatless. We support hats, but you don't have to wear them to support them.

*facepalm* What have I done?

Gzussaves
05-16-2013, 08:47 PM
I wouldn't mind joining.. plus.."I have a face you can trust!"

Shaibana
05-16-2013, 08:48 PM
who can give my sig a hat? :P on the wolf :3

Loony BoB
05-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Welcome aboard, Gzus! :excited: With Gzus on our side and able to save us, we can't go wrong!

Shaibana: I'm afraid I'm useless at images. :(

Goldenboko
05-16-2013, 09:05 PM
What is this party's opinion the lack of noobies that play triple triad and how do they plan on fixing it?

Jinx
05-16-2013, 09:06 PM
The Cunning Cap Party has assured me lots of reps if I join them. What can you offer me?

Psychotic
05-16-2013, 09:06 PM
G-Zus you have a truly handsome face that is welcome in this friendly circle of chums. :)
What is this party's opinion the lack of noobies that play triple triad and how do they plan on fixing it?Subtle.

Goldenboko
05-16-2013, 09:07 PM
G-Zus you have a truly handsome face that is welcome in this friendly circle of chums. :)
What is this party's opinion the lack of noobies that play triple triad and how do they plan on fixing it?Subtle.
Smart.

Psychotic
05-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Subtle.
Smart.
Spizzleflap.

Loony BoB
GB: Free card package promotions, particularly for anyone partaking in tournaments.

TB: Not to delete any rep that they give you for joining them.

Night Fury
The Cunning Cap Party has assured me lots of reps if I join them. What can you offer me?

If you're easily bought with rep, we don't want you :monster:

We want the intelligent individuals with the political drive to move this ship!

Psychotic
05-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Tifa's Boobs, to you I say this: Is any party that has to offer you reps to make you want to join really worth joining? It bloody well isn't. We're not offering anything more than friendship and good times. If that's not enough, great, have fun with your reps. We're not jumping through hoops to get anyone to join. We are what we are.

Night Fury
05-16-2013, 09:12 PM
I did make muffins though, Psy.

Psychotic
05-16-2013, 09:16 PM
What flavour?

Also, check out The Newbie Party website circa 2003! (http://www.freewebz.com/thernp/) 10 years ago, baby.

Shauna
05-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Subtle.
Smart.
Spizzleflap.
Bazinga

Sign me up. I have not been bribed in any way. I'm just a best newbie 2005, reporting in.

Night Fury
05-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Newbie Rap Innit' (http://vocaroo.com/i/s1k253uEYtOR)

Dat Matt
05-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Sure I'm in.

Our sigil should be the sun sigil cause we have 0.00 seconds to waste.

Del Murder
05-16-2013, 10:41 PM
What flavour?

Also, check out The Newbie Party website circa 2003! (http://www.freewebz.com/thernp/) 10 years ago, baby.
Wow that brings back memories. Good times! I'd join this one, but having the EoFF Admin Trinity all in one party would be kinda unfair.

Psychotic
05-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Eyes on Forgetting... whatever her name is. You know, what's-her-face.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-17-2013, 03:59 AM
I am going to join this party and vote for the Moomba as mascot. Moomba's deserve more recognition. I love that crest mock up as well!

Election Booth
05-17-2013, 04:13 AM
That's it! The Newbie Party has ten members and is now closed to accepting any more members. Congratulations on being the first full party!

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-17-2013, 04:54 AM
For those Newbies who are still looking to join a party, feel free to stop by Fluffy Pink Party! (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/150106-fluffy-pink-party.html) We accept anyone and everyone. We are not only about fluffy and pink things, but also about love, hugs, and all such things. :love:

Shauna
05-17-2013, 09:49 AM
Now that we're pretty much a full party, we should get to dealing with this stuff!

-Decide on a non-representative party member to be your vice president.

Anyone wanting to step up? :3

-Decide on your motto.

-Decide on your slogan (yes, they are different)

:D?

Decide on a mascot.

I think Moombas have been decided. Any objections?

-Draw a sigil/crest for your party.

Locky's thing is pretty cool. Any other contenders?

Also are we gonna have a cool signature or something? :3

Loony BoB
05-17-2013, 11:31 AM
-Decide on your motto.
-Decide on your slogan.

These are the two we need to work most on, I think! The other bits should be easy. :smash:

If someone wants to make a rockin' sig, I'm all for it. :)

Psychotic
05-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Motto: A newbie is a friend you haven't met yet. :jess:

Slothy
05-17-2013, 02:20 PM

Your party leader is BoB.

Just sayin'.

Gzussaves
05-17-2013, 02:36 PM
WE ARE YOUR FUTURE.. DEAL WITH IT MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Loony BoB
05-17-2013, 08:09 PM

Your party leader is BoB.

Just sayin'.
Which party managed two successive election victories? Who lead them?

Just sayin'.

Night Fury
05-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Okay my darling Newbies. I want us to put our heads together and think up a motto, suggestions or gtfo. I'm joking, of course, but let's make a move on these tasks, stat!

Psychotic
05-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Me and G already did the motto and slogan! Keep up!

the_best_noob
05-17-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm the best newbie!

I'm in

Loony BoB
05-17-2013, 08:33 PM
I am okay with this. Also, with the_best_noob in our ranks, that means Psychotic has now officially had his place taken (he earlier stated he will sacrifice his position in our party for the sake of a newer member joining). He is, however, still with us in spirit and I am down with his suggestion. <3 Pretty sure EB can't stop him posting in our thread and helping us out. :D *lists him as a supporter instead*

Del Murder
05-17-2013, 08:35 PM
I support the inclusion of actual newbies into the Newbie Party.

Loony BoB
05-17-2013, 08:37 PM
On that note, I really do encourage further oldbies and newbies alike to lend us their support, even if we are at capacity when it comes to members. Remember, it's about supporting newer members in particular. I wanna help a newbie slaughter some oldbie opposition from the other parties! :mwahaha:

Election Booth
05-17-2013, 08:45 PM
I am okay with this. Also, with the_best_noob in our ranks, that means Psychotic has now officially had his place taken (he earlier stated he will sacrifice his position in our party for the sake of a newer member joining). He is, however, still with us in spirit and I am down with his suggestion. <3 Pretty sure EB can't stop him posting in our thread and helping us out. :D *lists him as a supporter instead*

I can stop Psychotic from doing anything I want!

Psychotic
05-17-2013, 08:50 PM
EB has spoken. Well, toodle pip then chaps. Cheerio. Adventure awaits!

Shauna
05-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Motto: A newbie is a friend you haven't met yet. :jess:

What was the slogan? I can't find it. xD

Scotty_ffgamer
05-17-2013, 08:58 PM
I've been trying to think of a slogan that says something like the lines "Newbies: the life blood of the forum even when it was a newb", but I cannot think of a clever way to say it. That's something to work with though.

Shauna
05-17-2013, 09:02 PM
I feel like something like that would be a better motto, and the friend you haven't met yet would work better as a slogan. I don't know. I thought these were the same things.

Rita Skeeter
05-17-2013, 09:06 PM
There have been reports that the newbies in this party aren't newbies at all! I have information from a valid source that Lonny Boob sent out a mass email to all his oldbie alums and they are in fact the newbies! Second Accounts everywhere! What do you have to say about this Newbie Party?

Shauna
05-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Nobody tell her anything! She has a way of twisting your words! Back off Skeeter! :argh:

Rita Skeeter
05-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Shauna has just told me EVERYTHING. Says that Lonny BooB twisted their arms!

Scotty_ffgamer
05-17-2013, 10:00 PM
I actually meant motto when I said slogan. I didn't realize there was already a motto on the table though (I looked through the thread and couldn't find it until I saw your post, Shauna). I tried to make a cool sig for the party until I realized I have no idea how to make a cool sig. I tried out GIMP, but I couldn't figure it out in the short amount of time I had. I wish I still had access to Photoshop.

Shaibana
05-17-2013, 10:45 PM
the speed of this thread... is to danm high!!

Rob Roy
05-17-2013, 11:10 PM
Loony BoB, this is Rob Roy of the South Wortham Gazette Times. How do you respond to allegations that members who joined more than two months ago are not considered "Newbies" anymore and they are ostracized and banished from the Newbie party?

Leeza
05-18-2013, 02:39 AM
On that note, I really do encourage further oldbies and newbies alike to lend us their support, even if we are at capacity when it comes to members. Remember, it's about supporting newer members in particular. I wanna help a newbie slaughter some oldbie opposition from the other parties! :mwahaha:
I'll lend whatever support I can, BoB. :cat:

The Pink Extremist
05-18-2013, 06:52 AM
This party is just a front for the moderators who bring us down. A political party in the name of democracy yet run by the current head of the anti-democratic regime? How is this fair or democratic at all! BoB is just using the poor Newbs to reinstate the tyranny of the mods! Newbies are the children of the forums and he is using them as labourers! THAT IS INTERNET CHILD LABOUR! HOW DARE YOU, BOB!

Loony BoB
05-18-2013, 07:42 AM
I'll lend whatever support I can, BoB. :cat:
Thanks, Leeza! <3 Once a Newbie, always a Newbie!

Loony BoB, this is Rob Roy of the South Wortham Gazette Times. How do you respond to allegations that members who joined more than two months ago are not considered "Newbies" anymore and they are ostracized and banished from the Newbie party?
I think this is absolutely ridiculous. Would you take your two month old child and throw them out the window? We will not abandon the new members of our forums after two months. Would you? This is typical tabloid journalism and I wish I could say I expect better from Rita Skeeter, but we all know how she works. There's more valid scandal about the way she operates than what she reports on.

Once a Newbie, always a Newbie, that's what I say. We'll always be here to support each other.

This party is just a front for the moderators who bring us down. A political party in the name of democracy yet run by the current head of the anti-democratic regime? How is this fair or democratic at all! BoB is just using the poor Newbs to reinstate the tyranny of the mods! Newbies are the children of the forums and he is using them as labourers! THAT IS INTERNET CHILD LABOUR! HOW DARE YOU, BOB!
It appears The Pink Extremist is exactly that: An extremist. We've all heard about them, folks. "Extremists". Still, I'm a firm believer that The Pink Extremist is so new to this forum that with the correct support from day one, they could yet learn to change their ways. I think it's safe to say that my party will agree with me when I state that if we win, we will do all we can to stop terrorism from infecting Eyes on Final Fantasy members. I can only hope the Fluffy Pink Party will do what they can to battle terrorism as well.

black orb
05-18-2013, 10:32 AM
>>> You guys still doing all these party threads?... Traditions never die I guess..:luca:

Shauna
05-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Once a newbie, always a newbie.

Loony BoB
05-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Once a newbie, always a newbie.
Perhaps this should be our motto, and the slogan should be "WE ARE YOUR FUTURE.. DEAL WITH IT MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

I'll make them official for the time being to make sure that we don't miss the cutoff date. =]

Gzussaves
05-20-2013, 10:48 AM
can't stop the newb train.. gonna be choo chooin to the top

Rob Roy
05-20-2013, 05:14 PM
I think this is absolutely ridiculous. Would you take your two month old child and throw them out the window? We will not abandon the new members of our forums after two months. Would you? This is typical tabloid journalism and I wish I could say I expect better from Rita Skeeter, but we all know how she works. There's more valid scandal about the way she operates than what she reports on.

Once a Newbie, always a Newbie, that's what I say. We'll always be here to support each other.

I have a list from an anonymous, reliable source (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/14973.html) of newbies (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/37472.html) that you have paid off to be silent about the "two month old childs" you throw out the window. Recently one of these newbies (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/38771.html) was spotted after a drunken, orgy-filled night wandering the streets:
http://www.keepaustinweird.com/images/leslie.jpg

Loony BoB
05-20-2013, 07:35 PM
Am I getting Rita and Rob confused?

Shaibana
05-20-2013, 07:51 PM
as the lawyer offended, Loony bob, i recomend him not to respond on these accusations yet without consulting me

Matoya
05-21-2013, 06:45 AM
I
I seemed to have forgotten what I was going to say. Hello, BoB. Do you mind if I stay here a while. I just want to stay and stare into those eyes, those big beautiful eyes.

Loony BoB
05-21-2013, 07:39 AM
Stare away, Matoya.

Shauna
05-21-2013, 09:19 AM
And we have our representatives! Looks like the Newbie Party is set to win this election. :cool:

Malboro-Menace
05-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Not without my help it won't.
Malboro interception achieved.

Rob Roy
05-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Sweet Item!
Loony BoB only wants Newbies in his party so that he can add to his hair collection!

Sour Item!
Mr. Shauna and Shauna are the same person, and is used to bulk up Newbie Party numbers!

Shaibana
05-21-2013, 05:36 PM
we cant lose :cool::kakapo:

Shauna
05-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Sour Item!
Mr. Shauna and Shauna are the same person, and is used to bulk up Newbie Party numbers!

No I'm doesn't. :shifty:

Dat Matt
05-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Sour Item!

No I'm doesn't. :shifty:

Shaibana
05-21-2013, 09:31 PM
u have no evidence!!

Rob Roy
05-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Late-breaking!

Thanks to the loyal readers who sent me these pieces of hard-hitting news:

I heard that BoB knows about other members breaking rules and he hides it from the rest of staff and he and the rule breakers laugh about it over tea.

Look at this photo of BoBbers that "just happened to be floating around":

Is there a connection between these "tea sessions", the photo above and Loony BoB's reported "Newbie Servies" (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/150085-official-eyes-final-fantasy-2013-election-thread-7.html#post3259355)? This diligent reporter will do his best to find out!

Loony BoB
05-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Bad photoshop is bad.

Snakz92 has been given the in-party position of Minister of Snacks. :D

Snakz92
05-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Awwwww yeahhh

ScottyRedXIII
05-22-2013, 09:49 PM
Go on A little hiatus and miss out on the fun....

The Newbs will rise from the ashes once more..

Shauna
05-22-2013, 09:53 PM
I will be that guy who has a single claim to fame. I dunno what kind of title that would be, but I was Best Newbie Winter 2005 man, I used to be someone! *drunken rambling*

Loony BoB
05-22-2013, 10:29 PM

You may not be a member to Election Booth, but you're a member to me <3

Dat Matt
05-22-2013, 10:44 PM
I will be that guy who has a single claim to fame. I dunno what kind of title that would be, but I was Best Newbie Winter 2005 man, I used to be someone! *drunken rambling*

Don't worry dear, you are still someone. Shhhhh.....

Matoya
05-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Oh BoB, my prettybird, come talk to me. Let's go somewhere private where I can have an interview. I want to know all about you.

Loony BoB
05-22-2013, 10:49 PM
When you ask me like that, how could I possibly refuse?

Wait, where's my lawyer?

Matoya
05-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Lawyers? Oh, no, no, not necessary at all. In order to be fair and partial in the way of the news I suppose I must talk to all the party's leaders. I will plan interviews to take place in the chat channel which each member according to his or her schedule.

ScottyRedXIII
05-23-2013, 02:32 AM

You may not be a member to Election Booth, but you're a member to me <3

Alas I missed out this time round. But that doesn't matter, as a fellow newb for the last three years I will be here as moral support to the up and coming newbs, teach them, guide them.

I can only hop they do not fall into the hands of the other side...

Shaibana
05-23-2013, 04:43 PM
When you ask me like that, how could I possibly refuse?

Wait, where's my lawyer?

im right here, sir... i will acompany you 2 so nothing funny wil happen

-N-
05-23-2013, 06:56 PM
I was going to join the Ace Party, but the first post says they are full. So I am joining this party.

Peace!

Agent Proto
05-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Ah, looks like you can't join this party either because of elections rule, Neel. You are still welcomed to support either party though, unless you wish to join another party with an open slot.

Shauna
05-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Right dudes! Hop to it! (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/150209-eyes-final-fantasy-elections-part-i-campaign.html)

Shaibana
05-23-2013, 09:03 PM
election rules? are the party's closed now? :O

Shauna
05-24-2013, 06:23 PM
1. Write an FF-related Haiku about why your party is the best.
2. Come up with three interview questions to ask other parties/presidents. Do not approach them to interview yet; that will come later.
3. Create one task for another party to complete (at a later time). You will be judged on the creativity of the task you issue, and also on the task you complete. The tasks must be FF-related.
4. Devise an elaborate theory implicating a member (or members) of EoFF as Sean F. Kennedy's assassin that is so stupid and far-fetched that it just might be true. Bleys Harvey Oswald was clearly a scapegoat. Who was behind this operation? Who were the other shooters? We need to know.
5. PM your answers to Election Booth.

Each of the five forum representatives will need to complete the following:
1) create two threads in the upper social forums
2) create two threads in the lower FF forums.
3) make fives posts in both the upper social forums and the lower FF forums (so five threads each, totaling ten).

Alrighty! We have our first real tasks! Forum reps gooooo! Post in your places! Any takers for the non-specific tasks? I may take a go of the create a task when I get home, but if anyone else wants it before I come back to proper claim, then that's fine.

Loony BoB
05-24-2013, 06:52 PM
It's on like Donkey Kong, guys. Let's make this happen. :D Let me know when you've done your tasks. For our five representatives (Shaibana, Gzussaves, chaos7, the_best_noob and Scotty_ffgamer), that means the two threads in the social (Wonder Square, General Chat, Eyes on Each Other, Lounge) forums, two threads in the forums for FF games (eg. FFI, FFII) and five posts in each of those two places as well. A lot of work for two days but still rather easy!

As for the rest of us - so, that's me, Locky, Shauna, Mr. Shauna and Snakz92 - we'll take care of the stuff like the Haiku, interview questions and whatnot... get in touch with me with any ideas you have for any of 'em since we only have about two days.

Let's do this! :D

Dat Matt
05-24-2013, 07:13 PM
So just out of curiosity are we dicussing the topics out here or on some secret underground lair. Wanna know how much we wanna let competition see :shifty:

Loony BoB
05-24-2013, 07:49 PM
I think it's probably done best via Private Message - you can send to multiple people at once, so yeah, go down that road.

Shauna
05-24-2013, 09:22 PM
2. Come up with three interview questions to ask other parties/presidents. Do not approach them to interview yet; that will come later.
3. Create one task for another party to complete (at a later time). You will be judged on the creativity of the task you issue, and also on the task you complete. The tasks must be FF-related.
4. Devise an elaborate theory implicating a member (or members) of EoFF as Sean F. Kennedy's assassin that is so stupid and far-fetched that it just might be true. Bleys Harvey Oswald was clearly a scapegoat. Who was behind this operation? Who were the other shooters? We need to know.
5. PM your answers to Election Booth.

3) make fives posts in both the upper social forums and the lower FF forums (so five threads each, totaling ten).

Two tasks left to claim! :3

Gzussaves
05-24-2013, 10:13 PM
oh man.. i gotta start threads... i hope people actually look at them and respond to them.. THE PRESSURE... AHHHH!!!!!

Loony BoB
05-24-2013, 10:45 PM
I believe in you, Gzus!

Gzussaves
05-25-2013, 02:19 AM
well i have the 2 threads and well over 5 posts in the upper forums.. just gotta go through the lower ones now... might wait until the morning for those

Scotty_ffgamer
05-25-2013, 05:59 AM
My posting is done.

Loony BoB
05-25-2013, 07:17 AM
Excellent work, Scotty, and you too so far, Gzus. :) Hopefully the rest of our crew see the instructions before it's too late!

micklemsadam
05-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Cool! This one is awesome! Maybe I can also join the party?

Shaibana
05-25-2013, 03:36 PM
.. im confused.. what can i do?

chaos7
05-25-2013, 07:21 PM
My posts are done :P

Shauna
05-25-2013, 08:09 PM
.. im confused.. what can i do?

These have to be completed, so feel free! :)

And have you posted up all the links, chaos7? Make sure that has been done!

Shaibana
05-25-2013, 08:54 PM
ill gladly make nr.4 .. the assassins theory!! :D

when is the deadline?
ill have it done on monday!

Shauna
05-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Deadline is Sunday!

Shaibana
05-25-2013, 09:08 PM
in that case ill get right to it!
do i have to send it to some1?

Shauna
05-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Think you could look at the interview questions? Someone has sent in something for the Assassin's Q just as we were discussing. ;_; Sorry.

Shaibana
05-25-2013, 09:15 PM
Think you could look at the interview questions? Someone has sent in something for the Assassin's Q just as we were discussing. ;_; Sorry.

ooh :(ok.. i was just getting creative on it :P

ill do the questions!! give me a view min.. to who do i have to send it??

Shauna
05-25-2013, 09:19 PM
Send them over to Loony BoB. Sorry again for the mix up. :( Also if you're a forum representative you have some posts to make! Check out the Election Thread, or my post earlier in the thread to check it out.

We've got these all done! Way to go team!

Bloodnight
05-25-2013, 09:31 PM
Sorry for not posting for so long time, guys. I broke my arm and I really hate to using only one of them.:(

Shaibana
05-25-2013, 09:36 PM
ok, ive send them to looney!!

Loony BoB
05-25-2013, 10:18 PM
Awesome, with the help of our wonderful members, we've finished the first part of the current task! >=D

This means that we just need our reps to make those threads and posts...

General Forums Rep: Scotty_ffgamer - FINISHED! :D
Gaming Forums Rep: Shaibana - Almost done :)
Old School Forums Rep: the_best_noob
Golden Age Forums Rep: Gzussaves - FINISHED! :D
Modern Era Forums Rep: chaos7 - Almost done :)

Remember once you've made your four threads (two in the top forums such as General Chat, Eyes on Each Other, Wonder Square and The Lounge, another two in the bottom forums for the Final Fantasy games such as FFI, FFII, FFIII etc.) and ten posts (five in the top forums, five in the bottom forums) then you have to post links to those posts in this thread: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/150209-eyes-final-fantasy-elections-part-i-campaign-2.html

See Scotty's post in that thread for an example! :D

Dat Matt
05-25-2013, 10:53 PM
Send them over to Loony BoB. Sorry again for the mix up. :( Also if you're a forum representative you have some posts to make! Check out the Election Thread, or my post earlier in the thread to check it out.

We've got these all done! Way to go team!

o/

Scotty_ffgamer
05-26-2013, 06:41 AM
I just realized that I am moving tomorrow, and the place I'm moving to will have no internet for now. I'm going to try to remedy that quickly, but I don't know if I will have internet access this week. Hopefully I can get a chance to go somewhere with internet and check back on if I have anything I need to do, but I can't promise anything.

Gzussaves
05-26-2013, 06:44 AM
all done and posted my links in the election thread... guh, im not even a talkative person irl

Loony BoB
05-26-2013, 09:34 AM
I just realized that I am moving tomorrow, and the place I'm moving to will have no internet for now. I'm going to try to remedy that quickly, but I don't know if I will have internet access this week. Hopefully I can get a chance to go somewhere with internet and check back on if I have anything I need to do, but I can't promise anything.
If you need to be backfilled, I'm sure Snacks, Shauna or Mr. Shauna can fill in. :) I've spoken to Election Booth about this earlier and I think it was deemed acceptable should someone not be around for whatever reason.

Shauna
05-26-2013, 10:24 AM

Can we have a link to all these? :D We need them for official completion of the tasks!

Dat Matt
05-26-2013, 10:24 AM
If you need to be backfilled, I'm sure Snacks, Shauna or Mr. Shauna can fill in. :) I've spoken to Election Booth about this earlier and I think it was deemed acceptable should someone not be around for whatever reason.

I'll fill in until such times as Scotty Comes back from moving, if there are any tasks that are to take place while you are MIA I'll do my best to cover for them.

I'm sure if I don't know what I'm doing I can ask anyways :P

Loony BoB
05-26-2013, 10:45 AM

Can we have a link to all these? :D We need them for official completion of the tasks!
I'll help out our good friend here! chaos, don't forget to post these links into the other thread. =]

Top Forums - Threads
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/150255-summing-up-new-consoles-webcomics-thread.html#post3260824
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/150237-versus-vs.html#post3260668

Top Forums - Posts
http://home.eyesonff.com/wonder-square/146051-word-association-thread-post3260776.html#post3260776
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/150172-what-sort-character-would-you-video-game.html#post3260702
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/132452-what-you-playing-right-now-post3260681.html#post3260681
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/150238-how-do-you-game.html#post3260679
http://home.eyesonff.com/wonder-square/146051-word-association-thread-post3260663.html#post3260663

Bottom Forums - Threads
http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/150243-favorite-mataria.html#post3260698
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/150249-dream-team.html#post3260762

Bottom Forums - Posts
http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/150241-next-beta-phase.html#post3260727
http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/150241-next-beta-phase.html#post3260687
http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/150206-final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-coming-august-27th-2013-pc-ps3-post3260550.html#post3260550
http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/150206-final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-coming-august-27th-2013-pc-ps3-post3260430.html#post3260430

I think you're still missing one more postin the FF forums, actually...

Shaibana
05-26-2013, 12:34 PM
will these do any good?
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/150072-resident-evil-3.html
http://home.eyesonff.com/kingdom-hearts/149958-kingdom-hearts-1-5-released-september.html#post3261247

Shauna
05-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Need more threads and posts! Two threads and 5 posts in the general chat/general gaming sections; two threads and 5 posts in any of the Final Fantasy sections!

The two you've linked are two posts in the General Chat/Gaming sections, so only three more posts for that! :3

Shaibana
05-26-2013, 12:46 PM
well here is 1 already.. got to think about what im going to post as a 2nd.. my brain is empty atmhttp://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/150275-childhood-gaming-nightmares.html#post3261252

Edit: here are some posts!

(http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/150238-how-do-you-game-2.html#post3261255http://home.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/149748-hardest-superboss.html#post3261258http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/150170-poll-what-do-you-own-2.html#post3261260)http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/150238-how-do-you-game-2.html#post3261255
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/149748-hardest-superboss.html#post3261258http
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/150170-poll-what-do-you-own-2.html#post3261260

Shauna
05-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Don't forget about the threads and posts in the Final Fantasy sections. Total of 4 new threads, and 10 posts. Shouldn't take too long, I'm sure you have lots to talk about. :D

Shaibana
05-26-2013, 01:04 PM
And here is the last one for the gaming section:
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/150276-games-you-have-never-started.html#post3261262

i hope my work is done here :o

Shauna
05-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Nope, still got two threads in the any of the Final Fantasy sections and 5 posts in there too.

Loony BoB
05-26-2013, 01:17 PM
That Election Booth is pushing us hard this year! Looks like we're doing pretty well though. :)

Shauna
05-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Yeah, we're doing great. :) Keep up the good work, team!

chaos7
05-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Oh I didn't know you had to link them lol makes sence so people know you did it lol. I just made my last posting I missed in Who were you main three ? under FFVII. I'm not sure how to do the linking tho never done it in a forum ?

Shauna
05-26-2013, 05:41 PM
Top Forums - Threads
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/150255-summing-up-new-consoles-webcomics-thread.html#post3260824
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/150237-versus-vs.html#post3260668

Top Forums - Posts
http://home.eyesonff.com/wonder-square/146051-word-association-thread-post3260776.html#post3260776
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/150172-what-sort-character-would-you-video-game.html#post3260702
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/132452-what-you-playing-right-now-post3260681.html#post3260681
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/150238-how-do-you-game.html#post3260679
http://home.eyesonff.com/wonder-square/146051-word-association-thread-post3260663.html#post3260663

Bottom Forums - Threads
http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/150243-favorite-mataria.html#post3260698
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/150249-dream-team.html#post3260762

Bottom Forums - Posts
http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/150241-next-beta-phase.html#post3260727
http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/150241-next-beta-phase.html#post3260687
http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/150206-final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-coming-august-27th-2013-pc-ps3-post3260550.html#post3260550
http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/150206-final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-coming-august-27th-2013-pc-ps3-post3260430.html#post3260430
http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/150272-who-were-your-main-three.html#post3261304

chaos7, if you quote this post and put it into the Elections thread, that's great. :D

chaos7
05-26-2013, 06:05 PM
done done and done :P

Shauna
05-26-2013, 06:33 PM
Brilliant! Just need the others from Shaibana and for the_best_noob to actually make an appearance and we got this in the bag! :3

Shaibana
05-26-2013, 06:45 PM
Give me an hour or so.. got to do some stuff first and then ill get right to it!

Loony BoB
05-26-2013, 06:50 PM
:up:

Shaibana
05-26-2013, 07:35 PM
p.s have you seen that my previous post has been edited? i believe i have everything needed

Loony BoB
05-26-2013, 07:38 PM
Awesome. :D Just post the links into the main Elections thread and you're all sorted. Nice one, Shaibana :)

Shauna
05-26-2013, 07:40 PM
Even the FF forum posts? Apologies, I didn't see them.

Shaibana
05-26-2013, 07:52 PM
aaalllrighty, done ^^

Shauna
05-26-2013, 07:55 PM
You still need 2 threads and 5 posts in the Numbered FF forums. :3

Shaibana
05-26-2013, 08:03 PM
wuut?
isnt that the responsebility of some1 else :o becaus they are not in the Gaming section!

i am willing to do some post.. but honestly.. im not into FF anymore :$ so wouldnt know what to say in a new thread

Shauna
05-26-2013, 08:05 PM
All the representatives have to make these posts! :3

Shaibana
05-26-2013, 08:50 PM
yeah, but what i understood was that i have to make 5 post and 2 threads on the gaming section..
and since the FF 1-13 are on other sections the representatives of those parts (olschool, golden etc) have to make 5 posts and 2 threads there :o

Shauna
05-26-2013, 08:54 PM
3) make fives posts in both the upper social forums and the lower FF forums

:3

Shaibana
05-26-2013, 09:09 PM
im still confused like smurf..
Upper and lower? :o

ill make the 5 posts

Shauna
05-26-2013, 09:11 PM
The upper forum is the General and General Gaming.

The lower forum is the Numbered Final Fantasy forums.

Shaibana
05-26-2013, 09:17 PM
àah ok, now that that is clear ill do my best on the remaining post/threads!!

edit: now im really sure that im done! :D sorry for the delay ^^

Loony BoB
05-26-2013, 09:51 PM
You're a star, Shaibana, you've done more than anyone this round. :) Thanks. <3

Shauna
05-26-2013, 09:58 PM
Not a problem. :D Good work!

Dat Matt
05-26-2013, 11:22 PM
You're a star, Shaibana, you've done more than anyone this round. :) Thanks. <3

I wrote the haiku... :P

Loony BoB
05-27-2013, 08:51 AM
And you're a star, too. ;)

Scotty_ffgamer
05-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Hopefully I can keep getting short moments of internet throughout the week until I can get internet for my house so I can keep contributing! I'm glad I could get these posts done before the move though. I tried to do what I could as I was packing, haha.

Shauna
05-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Well, if you ever need us to pick up the slack, just let us know! :D

Shaibana
05-28-2013, 06:04 PM
im pumped!! bring on the next task!!

Shaibana
05-29-2013, 05:34 PM
p.s im on vacation from 8-15th, so i wont be online that much in that week :)

Scotty_ffgamer
05-31-2013, 04:55 AM
I wasn't able to remedy my internet situation yet. I did find that there is a McDonald's within walking distance of my house that has free Wifi, but I doubt I'll go there much considering I have no money to spend on food. I'll let you all know when/if I have internet again, but if a new task appears in the coming few days, I probably will need someone to cover for me. Sorry!

Loony BoB
05-31-2013, 01:09 PM
No problem, you guys, we have adequate cover should such tasks come up that you can't do. :)

Shauna
06-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Hey guys! Voting time or something! Check out the main thread for details!

Scotty_ffgamer
06-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Got a chance to go into McDonalds to use their internet and have completed my voting! As a side note only one party actually wrote a haiku with the correct syllables on every line. I find it kind of funny. It was not us though. Everything else I felt we blew everyone out of the water for the most part. .

Shauna
06-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Aww, Matt was so proud of his perfectly counted syllables. Easy mistake to make. xD

Dat Matt
06-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Aww, Matt was so proud of his perfectly counted syllables. Easy mistake to make. xD

It appears I counted "please" as two syllables. Sounded it as "plea-se". My bad :(

Scotty_ffgamer
06-01-2013, 11:30 PM
It is an easy mistake to make. Anytime I had to teach any kinds of poems that had to have a certain syllable count, almost everyone had at least one line that was off. I found it funny more than anything. It's a nice little poem even if the syllable count is just a little off (and we can just say that please is supposed to have 2 syllables, that it's meant to be read out loud that way and not just how we would traditionally read that word!) Either way, I think we all did a good job this round!

Shauna
06-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Indeed, it was a great effort!

Shaibana
06-02-2013, 09:36 PM
im going to need a for-dummy's translation on what to do this round :l

Dat Matt
06-02-2013, 10:11 PM
im going to need a for-dummy's translation on what to do this round :l

From my understanding we are to have a look at the 4 topics that are presented and to vote for the best out of that category. So for the haiku, for example, you choose one of the 5 user submitted entries as your vote. You can vote for whomever you like in any round, but you can only vote for the newbie party twice (this is to discourage all of the members from the party voting for themselves).

So you vote for the best option from the 4 topics for the 5 available parties, but you can only vote for the newbie party twice out of the 4 votes.

When you have decided on the votes, send a PM to user election booth. They will tally up the votes and decide who makes it to the next round.

Shaibana
06-02-2013, 10:30 PM
ok! ill do my best on it!
election boot shouldnt allow that party's can vote on themselves. even with just 2 points it makes those 2 points useles and unfair

Shauna
06-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Just vote for your favourite in each category. :} Simple!

And maybe the two votes for our party isn't great, but there are some that I would honestly vote Newbie Party if I wasn't involved. xD

Jinx
06-03-2013, 02:18 AM
I WANT TO KNOW WHY FLUFFLY PINK PARTY'S HAIKU IS NOT THERE

Loony BoB
06-03-2013, 09:33 AM
You're probably asking in the wrong thread. :smash:

Jinx
06-03-2013, 01:51 PM
I am indeed.

I sure do have egg on my face. :shobon:

Gzussaves
06-03-2013, 03:59 PM
its ok boobs
/hugs

Jinx
06-06-2013, 03:37 AM
its ok boobs
/hugs

/hug

:hug:

Election Booth
06-06-2013, 08:45 AM
Round one revelations are up! (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/150209-eyes-final-fantasy-elections-part-i-vote-your-eyeson-party-4.html#post3265863)

Scotty_ffgamer
06-06-2013, 09:00 AM
We did it!

Shauna
06-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Go us! Totally should have won the story section though. I'll bet nobody read it because it was a wall'o'text.

Well done team. :}

Shaibana
06-06-2013, 08:47 PM
lets drink to this! *holds up a glass of... something.. i dunno*

i knew my interview would win:cool:

Shauna
06-06-2013, 08:50 PM
You went above and beyond the call of duty with the interview questions! There was no way we were gonna lose out there. :p

Loony BoB
06-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Yeah, we rock. :aimsun: Good job all round, everyone. I agree we should have won the elaborate theory thing, though. It was art.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-06-2013, 11:32 PM
It was hard to pick which two for me to vote for with us. I honestly thought our stuff was generally better than the other groups' stuff.

Election Booth
06-07-2013, 05:00 AM
Round two is up! Have a look! (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/150209-eyes-final-fantasy-elections-part-ii-wagin-war-8.html#post3266216)

Shauna
06-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Oooh, sounds exciting. Maps and wars! Anyone good at art? :p

Loony BoB
06-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Hmmm, interesting. Who's eager for these tasks? I'm happy to do either, personally, but I'm always happy for more people to get involved too. :D

Shaibana
06-07-2013, 11:41 AM
ill problably have to pass this one.

Im going on vacation tomorrow. i would love to spend some time on these tasks but not while i am on vacation! srry guys ;)

Loony BoB
06-07-2013, 01:19 PM
No worries Shai, thanks for letting us know. =]

Night Fury
06-07-2013, 06:11 PM
I barely did anything in the last task :/

I could try drawing a map but... yeah it will be shit.

liamlrory
06-08-2013, 03:16 PM
This is cool! I want to be a part of it!

Loony BoB
06-08-2013, 03:40 PM
The sign-up period is over, but you can certainly get involved during the voting times. :) They'll be open soon enough, keep an eye on the Elections thread at the top of this forum. Also, welcome to the forums, Liam! :D

Shauna
06-09-2013, 06:53 PM
2) Come up with a war strategy to take out another party who is named to be the WMD offenders and tell us why they need to be taken out. Will you ally with another party? Or more? Will you nuke the trout out of something or someone? Will you send a Blackhawk in there with a dozen super-trained special forces ops to take out key personnel? Do you have war intelligence and battle technology the rest of the world hasn't yet dreamed of? Have you discovered some nutso sleuth conspiracy operation forged by Bleys and PG Bin Laden revealing that they are in kahootz to bring down this great nation and start a war in order to drill for Mako energy? Tell us a story, morning glory. Give us your most crazy, farfetched, ridiculous plan. The best and most crazy, absurd, ridiculous backstory and strategy will receive an additional 500 gil.

Hey team, any ideas for this? The lovely Locky has put together a map for us, so we just have this! :3

Scotty_ffgamer
06-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Sorry I've dropped the ball on this. I was going to get some work done for this task, but my roommate's family has been constantly at our house, getting work done. And I can't really get on here to do anything while they are here. I can't even escape my room because they've been going through there. And they just showed up again today, blegh. If I can escape later to someplace that is not this house and still have internet, I'll try to get some work done for our party.

Gzussaves
06-09-2013, 07:59 PM
i unfortunately will not be able to help as much this time around... starting my new job and in the process of figuring out the price and move-in date of my new place

Shaibana
06-09-2013, 10:11 PM
so how far is the newbie party on this one? :o
if you really get in trouble you can put a minor task on me.
but only as a last option! :o

Shauna
06-09-2013, 10:50 PM
We have a map, but no real war strategy. Any ideas just throw them down. xD

Shaibana
06-10-2013, 06:16 PM
we use a troyan horse... in shape of a cap, fluffy pink stuffed bear.. or a (i dunno what for Ace)

Election Booth
06-12-2013, 05:55 PM
More tasks are up! Good luck with completing them! (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/150209-eyes-final-fantasy-elections-part-ii-wagin-war-tasks-galore-8.html#post3268492)

Night Fury
06-12-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm taking task one. Writing a song and singing it? That's got my name all over it.

Shaibana
06-12-2013, 06:37 PM
19th? i can do that.
i am willing to make the comic and/or the mascot picture.
bout the embaresing self picture: im not going to post a picture of myself.. im not comfy with that

Loony BoB
06-12-2013, 07:56 PM
It's cool if you don't want to post a pic, we won't hold that against anyone. I'll just post my recent passport photo, I suppose. It's pretty awful. :(

Shaibana, feel free to do whichever option you prefer out of #4 & #5. :) It's all good! If there's anything that still hasn't been done by late in the week then I'll stretch my fingers and come up with something.

Night Fury
06-12-2013, 08:26 PM
THE NEWBIE SONG!
Lyrics and Vocals by Locky!

Newbie Girl (http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Mhf33V7Vrt)

I'm a Newbie girl, in the Newbie world
Life in caps is, it's bloody drastic
Leave my trilby there, BoB’s gonna cut my hair!
So exciting, this party is so inviting!

I don’t need hats, to make me all that
No berets are worn here, the answers crystal clear
You’re not that cunning, can’t even top my punning

I'm a kind geordie girl, final fantasy world
Profile pic, is it right, I'm on fire
Loony BoB took me in, under his yellow wing
Newbies here, Newbies there, it’s so awesome!
Give us love, give us rep! If you do, we’re always yours

(uu-oooh-u) [2x]

All you fascists, you’re all plastic
You make fun of Steve, and got tricks up your sleeve
So chaotic, your members are Psychotic

Come on Newbie, crush that party!
(Ah-ah-ah-yeah)
Come on Newbie, stomp that party!
(uu-oooh-u) [2x]
Come on newbie, smash that party!
(Ah-ah-ah-yeah)
Come on newbie, end that party!
(uu-oooh-u) [2x]

Dress in pink, fuschia too, not cerulean blue
Make it soft, make it cute make it fluffy like Boo
Think that pink, is a colour, we all want to see
Well it’s not, you’re the worst and we’ll crush you

Come on Newbie, crush that party!
(Ah-ah-ah-yeah)
Come on Newbie, stomp that party!
(uu-oooh-u) [2x]
Come on newbie, smash that party!
(Ah-ah-ah-yeah)
Come on newbie, end that party!
(uu-oooh-u) [2x]

We’re going places, don’t need the Aces
We don’t need Proto, to help put on a show
Phoenix Wright? More like Phoenix s&#!!e

It’s so awesome, when Newbie’s blossom
You should leave VMs, enter the Newbie realm
Can’t stop this party, come join the Newbie army!

Come on Newbies, join the party
(Ah-ah-ah-yeah)
Come on Newbies, join the party
(uu-oooh-u) [2x]
Come on newbies, join the party
(Ah-ah-ah-yeah)
Come on newbies, join the party
(uu-oooh-u) [2x]

Dat Matt
06-12-2013, 08:38 PM
I'll do the drawing. I am quite adept with MS paint.

Srs.

Shaibana
06-12-2013, 08:43 PM
ok, then i will claim the Comic.
count on it on the 17-18th

@ Locky
hahaha nice work!! thats is just epic :D

Shauna
06-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Did we ever get the war strategy done? Because I certainly did never do anything. xD If need be, I can try and get something together by tomorrow? :3

Loony BoB
06-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Scotty sent me one :D

Shauna
06-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Ah, sweet. :3

I might be able to get away with doing nothing ever for these elections

Loony BoB
06-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Regarding the gil, by the way: I'd like to donate it. All of it. Helping chocobos is a cause that I'm rather fond of.

Shaibana
06-12-2013, 09:24 PM
cant we donate half of it? we need some gil for the campaign :3

Dat Matt
06-12-2013, 09:25 PM
I say pool it all, then invest 25% to chocobos and 25% to the mystery project. That'll leave 50% free to use if and when we need it.

Shaibana
06-12-2013, 09:27 PM
i'd make it 30-30-40 then

Scotty_ffgamer
06-12-2013, 11:37 PM
My vote is to donate a good chunk and also invest in the mystery task for a good chunk. I'm not good with percentages, heh.

I can do part 3 if we all need to do it, but I can't post a picture of myself. For one, I don't have any embarrassing photos of myself (at least not recent). For two, I just don't feel comfortable posting pictures of myself online for everyone to see unless it's for professional reasons. I might try to whip something up anyways.

Gzussaves
06-13-2013, 04:04 AM
i will pool mine for you to figure out what to do with it.. being so busy i don't have much time to do anything and my newest photos are from over 2 years ago :(

Shauna
06-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Yeah, re recent unseen photos, I have none. I am so unashamed of any silly pictures of myself that I'd post them up anyway. That and I have zero pictures of me recently. Except one of me looking quite smashing.

Loony BoB
06-17-2013, 03:23 PM
1. Find a theme song for your party. - DONE! Thanks, Locky!

2. Each member is charged with the task of posting a recent, never-before-posted embarrassing photo of themselves. The more photos posted, the more points you will earn for your party. - None! Whoops. Anyone gonna do this? I'll try to get my passport photo up at some point this evening, I suppose...

3. Post a vocal clip of you explaining which Final Fantasy is your favorite and why. Clips that reach over one minute thirty seconds (1:30) will receive an additional 300 gil. - None! We should probably get cracking on this one. I'm sure I can get this sorted tonight for my end.

4. Create either a) a comic strip or b) an PS Paint picture revealing to the world why your party is the greatest and why your leader deserves to be president of EoFF - Stripgenerator.com - Create a new strip. - DONE! Thanks, Shai!

5. Draw a picture of your mascot putting hulk hogan in a headlock. - DONE! Thanks, Matt!

Decide what to do with our gil - I still want to donate all of it. I think it's more important to donate than anything, personally. Maybe I'm just a big softy. Maybe I'm just wary of saving gil for something unknown. But mostly: :<3: Chocobos :<3:

So far the opinions are... (donate-invest-save)
100-0-0 - BoB
25-25-50 - Mr. Shauna
30-30-40 - Shaibana
50-50-0 - Scotty

The more input the better as we have two days to decide. I'll try to come up with some kind of averaging system based on everyone's thoughts. At the moment, that means 51% donated, 26% invested in the mystery task and 23% saved for later.

Shauna
06-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Is the recording just one? Or is it one each? I can probably ramble one a bit about Final Fantasy. :}

Hopefully other people have some silly pictures that have never been seen before. x3

Loony BoB
06-17-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm going to assume it's one each in the hope that we get more gil for it. xD

PS. If you haven't got a silly picture, make a silly picture. Remember, those who don't wish to be seen, you don't have to post a picture of your face exactly. Get creative. ;D Post a sign of you holding up a sign over your face saying I Love One Direction or something. There isn't much more embarrassing than that. :S

Shauna
06-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Cool, Matt and I will get on that later.

Shaibana
06-17-2013, 05:33 PM
:O 30-30-40 was mine:P

can i post a silly picture of my dog?

Shaibana
06-17-2013, 06:21 PM
BEHOOOOOOOLD!!! my creation!

its verry random :P
and i could'nt get the grid out :( made it with an ragecomic maker on the internet

Dat Matt
06-17-2013, 06:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ap38Dq2.png

Loony BoB
06-17-2013, 06:42 PM
D'awwww, you guys are great <3

:O 30-30-40 was mine:P
Fixed. I gotta start reading more than the first three letters of a username. :shifty:

can i post a silly picture of my dog?
Put your hand in the pic somehow. I'm sure that counts (I'm not really, but hey, why not?)!

Scotty_ffgamer
06-19-2013, 03:13 AM
I got a picture of me up, and I talked about my favorite ff game. Huzzah.

Shaibana
06-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Since these elections i have been much more active! for the 1st time in year(s) ive actually been searching in the thread lists etc for stuff ^^ i didnt bother that before :o

Loony BoB
06-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Then these elections are a huge sucess no matter what. :D

Night Fury
06-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Shaibana you should be more active imo.

Gzussaves
06-27-2013, 01:22 PM
nooo we have questions to answer now.. luckily it is my weekend for the next few days so i should be able to get mine done without much hassle

Loony BoB
06-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Looks like our forum reps have some questions to answer! Please [url=http://home.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=3085PM Election Booth[/url] with your answers. :) Let us know when you're done! If you need any help, let me know.

General Forums Rep: Scotty_ffgamer

Questions for all representatives:
Imagine your rich uncle WarrenW has died and has left you Eyes on Final Fantasy in his will. You decide that you will change the staff. Pick 4 admins, 10 Cid's Knights and 5 editors. You may not retain any current staff in your choices - this is a complete overhaul. Explain your choices.

What has been the best event (beside the Ciddies) in the EoFF history of your membership? Are there any events you would like to see created or reprised? Do you have an idea for an event never done before that you'd like to see?

What change would you like to see implemented at Eyes on Final Fantasy, either on the front site, the forums or policy? Explain your reasons.

General Forums Representatives
In detail, please create a battle plan about the great war between General Chat and EoEo. Pick a leader, a lieutenant and a special forces squad for each side, what thread topic would send these forums into war with eachother and how it would end. Let's get creative now!

What influences of general media and modernism do you find or have you noticed in Final Fantasy games? It can be any game from any time period.

Gaming Forums Rep: Shaibana

Imagine your rich uncle WarrenW has died and has left you Eyes on Final Fantasy in his will. You decide that you will change the staff. Pick 4 admins, 10 Cid's Knights and 5 editors. You may not retain any current staff in your choices - this is a complete overhaul. Explain your choices.

What has been the best event (beside the Ciddies) in the EoFF history of your membership? Are there any events you would like to see created or reprised? Do you have an idea for an event never done before that you'd like to see?

What change would you like to see implemented at Eyes on Final Fantasy, either on the front site, the forums or policy? Explain your reasons.

Gaming Representatives
State your case for you who think is the greatest non-FF protagonist and non-FF antagonist and why. They do not have to be from the same game. What do these characters have in common with eachother, what about their stories do you admire and what makes them great?

Think of something absolutely absurd that you would like to see worked into a game. It could be anything - storywise, battle-wise, aesthetics-wise, character-wise. What is something great and borderline far-fetched you would like to see find its way into a game someday and how would the game benefit from doing this?

Old School Forums Rep: the_best_noob

Final Fantasy: Old School Representatives
Create a dream party of five (FFIV-style) featuring characters from these games and explain why you chose them. Assign an EoFFer (past or presently active) to each of the characters you think they are most alike and explain why.

Would you like to see any of these games remade? Would it destroy them or is there a chance they could be made better? Is there anything more you hoped for from the game(s) when you first played them? Could improvements be made as far as aethetics go, or would you prefer to retain nostalgia with how they are now than to modernize them?

Golden Age Forums Rep: Gzussaves

Final Fantasy: Golden Age Representatives
Please write a micro love story of epic proportions exchanging Cuchulainn in place of Cloud and Quint Eastwood in place of Aeris. Include a) an important event from one other Final Fantasy game and a) a famous movie plot twist to add to your story. It's okay to mix up details or throw a few extra things in here and there. Get as creative as possible.

How do you think FFVIII would have fared if the characters were all sparkly vampires? How would this affect Garden, SeeD, their missions and the sorceresses? Would it make the game better or worse?

Modern Era Forums Rep: chaos7

Final Fantasy: Modern Era
Who is the most sexually attractive character, NPC, boss, etc. in these games? Please provide an explanation and an image of them in a sexy pose. Bonus points will be issued if you include yourself in the drawing.

What new feature (or features) would you add to FFXIV? What traditional FF elements would you remove? What would you like to see done that has never before been done with a previous Final Fantasy?

EVERYONE!!!

Additional question for anyone who is up for it:
Kingdom Hearts 3 is upon us! Describe how you'd like to see this next world, the plot and bosses of this world. What would you like to see happen in this game that would make it different from the other two?

NOTE: I know chaos7 is unable to assist at the moment, so if Shauna/Mr. Shauna/Snacks want to take on his question, please let me know in this thread and we'll allocate you as the official stand-in. :)

Shauna
06-27-2013, 06:19 PM
I'll let Matt or Snacks take it. Let them get involved. If neither step up, I'll get it done.

Shaibana
06-27-2013, 06:32 PM
expect mine on sunday evening :o.. i dont know about the time difference btw :P

Dat Matt
06-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Edited the wall o text cause it's now below.

Enjoy.

Shaibana
06-27-2013, 06:51 PM
got the same problem Mr. Shauna
i knoe very view here on FF :o
and im not using it often enough to point out some flaws

Shorty
06-27-2013, 06:54 PM
To clarify, the representatives don't answer each of the questions. Just for the category you signed up for. IE, if you signed up for Modern Era, just answer the Modern Era questions.

Loony BoB
06-27-2013, 07:03 PM
What about the questions for all representatives? :confused: Surely they answer them, too?

Shorty
06-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Yes. Just all of the different representative categories.

Please refer to your mognet messages from Election Booth about with questions to answer. They were each sent to you individually with which specific questions pertain to you. Any other questions, let me know!

Shauna
06-28-2013, 02:14 PM
I will give Snacks a few more hours to pitch in. If he doesn't, I will take the helm and make up some crap.