PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with PS2?

mandijames
05-17-2013, 08:15 AM
I played on a PS2 today, and am so pleased i have not forked out £299 for this "thing"! (no offence to you guys out there who have ordered one, it maybe what your expecting.) Anyway when I heared about the Playstation 2 i was expecting the ultimate games playing machine. However I played on the new ridge racer title, and was exceedingly disappointed. The graphics are very reminiscent of the PSone, just smoother, and gameplay is so slow. I had high expectations of this machine, and if Ridge Racer is the shape of things to come, one of these units will never make its way throught my door. Sony really should have put more than 4mb VRAM in? For a machine with the PS2's potential this really is a ludicriously small amount. The Dreamcast has 8MB, so therefore shouldn't the PS2 have at least 12MB. From my time on Ridge Racer 5 I saw a huge amount of misting, reminiscent of the Ninetendo 64. With the PSOne there were crystal clear graphics, when the PSOne and N64 grpahics were seen side by side the clarity of the Playstaion's graphics were so obviously better.

Another question are there going to be any original titles coming out for the PS2? As currently i can only see sequels to existing games (or at least the only good games on the machine.)

I have enjoyed 5 years of the PSOne, i paid £279 for it, when it launched it was an original machine, with original titles really pushoing the boundaries of gaming. I'm sorry to say that, for me personally, the PS2 is looking like a huge disappointment.

I have had a dreamcast for about a year now, and have enjoyed a range of quality titles. I was wondering a) the sales numbers of the dreamcast. And if it gets to the point where Sega are forced out of the console market do you think they'll make games for the likes of PS2?

I'll probably get much abuse for this message, but I believe that Sony are taking advantage of their market situation, by flogging off products that aren't of as high quality as they should be. If this is the shape of the PS2 of the future, I would say to Sony please just concentrate on the Home Entertainment market.

Sorry everyone here I don't mean any offence to any of you who have forked out £299 for your console, i'm sure you'll be very happy with the product. I'm just expressing my personal feelings on the PS2 front, and besides the PS2 hasn't recieved any adverse publicity yet.

Jowy
05-17-2013, 08:55 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1zCVmZG9heY/TglkVw2VI0I/AAAAAAAAApA/7aRrEhh3Klk/s1600/BACK_TO_THE_FUTURE-0.jpg

looks like these spam bots have a flux capacitor now.

Pike
05-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Get an Xbox OP.