PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter

Nicolas
05-17-2013, 04:15 PM
I'm a bit disheartened that I didn't see a thread to Monster Hunter in here. Granted, I didn't really look much.

For those who do not know what it is, Monster Hunter is a challenging series that has graced the PS2, PSP, 3DS, Wii, and Wii U. The name basically gives away the entire point of the game. You are basically tasked with hunting rather bothersome, and sometimes massive, monsters for your village. Planning is key to taking down the monsters in both of the single and multiplayer modes. Elemental advantages and resistance play a rather heavy roll in this series as well. You gather items for making new weapons, armors, and consumables which inevitably leads to grinding.

If you haven't played it, you should.

The reason I bring this up is because of the newer Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I will be getting a copy today and was wondering about what EoFF members thought of it and possibly some advice since I'm terrible at these games.

>.>
<.<

Spatvark
05-17-2013, 06:31 PM
I've really liked the look of the Monster Hunter games, but they've never had a PC version (that was released in the West), so I've never gotten around to playing any of them. However, Monster Hunter Online is allegedly going to get released worldwide which might finally give me a shot at the series!

Nicolas
05-17-2013, 08:09 PM
I've really liked the look of the Monster Hunter games, but they've never had a PC version (that was released in the West), so I've never gotten around to playing any of them. However, Monster Hunter Online is allegedly going to get released worldwide which might finally give me a shot at the series!

A Western PC version would be incredible! If they do release it here, it would be perfect. The structure of the game is basically an MMO action RPG and the way they make incremental changes to the game also fits the style too. Here's to hoping.

On a side note: Welcome back, Spat. Surprised me quite a bit.