PDA

View Full Version : Haircare!

Aulayna
05-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Most for the girls, but I'm sure some of the guys have a routine too. What products do you use to keep your tresses looking glorious?

Jinx
05-19-2013, 06:05 PM
This might sound kind of weird, but the only thing I use in addition to shampoo and conditioner in my hair is olive oil. I make sure I only use a small amount, but ever since I started doing it, my hair has been crazy soft and shiny. It works really well as a serum before you straighten, too.

Iceglow
05-19-2013, 06:09 PM
I'm well known for my obsession with my hair being perfect.

Shampoo wise it's head and shoulders, nothing less will do. Same goes with Conditioner I like to condition my hair at least twice a month which for a guy is unusual.

Product wise? I can make use of a great deal of products though preferably I use Surf Style hair putty from Garnier Fructis. I find it's combination of hold and the texture it gives my hair to be great.

Night Fury
05-19-2013, 06:21 PM
I use Tresemme Moisture Rich Shampoo and Conditioner - although once or twice a month I will deep condition with something.

I use a Dove spray in conditioner, which smells amazing - I spray it in after washing.

I use an Argan Oil every now and again too.

For styling, I will straighten it and add in some hair putty and then spray it. At the moment I love my Tony and Guy spray. I also use a little backcombing brush which is awesome. I spend waaaaay too much time/money on my hair.

fire_of_avalon
05-19-2013, 06:26 PM
I change mine up a lot actually, because I've tricked myself into thinking that my hair looks different/worse if I use the same product all the time. Recently I started using L'Oreal EverCurl, which has no sulfates and apparently that's good. I also switched to using a creme gel swirly thing made by them too because honestly, the least I have to do to my hair the better for everybody.

I get a lot of compliments on my hair but I think that's more because it's weird to see a big old lion headed thing wandering around.

Shiny
05-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Argan oil lately, but usually Biosilk. Also Infusium 23 leave in conditioner.

Also I always condition my hair when I shampoo it which is once a week. It was curly, but righ now it's straight. I had forgotten how long it was without all the curls.

Shorty
05-19-2013, 07:31 PM
I use Organix Coconut Milk shampoo and conditioner (because ffffuuuu it smells so good)

http://img1.targetimg1.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/14/56/14568171_130426123000.jpg

and a little dab of Organix Macadamia Oil when my hair is still damp to give it some shine and keep the ends healthy. I tell myself to do coconut oil hair mask once a week but it's usually gets done between 2-4 weeks. Aaaand I've been taking Biotin to help it grow, but not consistently because I'm a dummy.

For styling, I only use hairspray. Mousse, pomade, spray-on shine and all of that extra trout makes my hair too greasy the day after (because I use a looot of smurfing hairspray), and I wash my hair every other day so that won't do! I usually run pretty cheap on hairspray and go for Herbal Essences. One day I'll convince myself to spend $12 on a can of Bedhead.

My sister and I tried a coconut oil, honey and egg mask last month but I wasn't fond of it.

Jinx
05-19-2013, 07:41 PM
I only wash-wash my hair every other day, or every three days. If it's too oily on the second day, I pat a little baby powder into my scalp to suck up the grease. It's cheap and easy, and you don't have to wash your hair for another day! You should try it. :)

Parker
05-19-2013, 08:21 PM
i mostly just conditioner daily. shampoo rarely. unless it gets wet in the rain or actually dirty, i try to avoid shampoo.

kotora
05-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Hair trimmer once every week, two weeks if I'm lazy.

escobert
05-19-2013, 08:31 PM
J.R. LIGGETT: Old-Fashioned Natural Bar Shampoo and Body Care Products (http://www.jrliggett.com/)

:D

the_best_noob
05-19-2013, 11:55 PM
Any shampoo that doesn't make me smell like a woman will do

Prell conditioner for softness and to prevent dandruff

Chemical
05-20-2013, 12:01 AM
sometimes I brush it

fire_of_avalon
05-20-2013, 01:02 AM
I wash and condition my hair every other day,also, but I always end up putting it in a pony tail on the non-wash day because it gets greasy on top and fluffy dry on the bottom. Ugh.

Pike
05-20-2013, 01:04 AM
I wash it with the cheapest shampoo/conditioner at the store and then spend about five seconds combing it.

I otherwise never touch it. I don't own a brush or any of those other crazy hair doodads.

Formalhaut
05-20-2013, 01:47 AM
I wash it, using both shampoo and conditioner.

Occasionally, I might push the boat out and brush it, but my hair is normally short and isn't needed most of the time.

Job done. I couldn't be a woman: all that fangling around with hair and beauty. :p

Shiny
05-20-2013, 02:46 AM
It actually only takes me a few minutes to do my hair. I am black thus do not have to wash my hair every day, in fact if I do it will become worse. My hair has to retain some natural oils or my scalp gets too dry and itchy. So what I do is I wake up, comb with a big comb brush thing, put Argan oil in it, and then I'm done. I remember when I use to try to flat iron and what not. smurf that noise. If I want some special hair style I will just go to the hair salon and have them do it for like like 10 minutes.

Rebellious Eagle
05-20-2013, 03:38 AM
I have bleached and dyed hair so I have to take good care of it. I wash it every two days (even after then my hair isn't the slightest bit oily, I could go a while without washing if I wanted to) and alternate between a gentle sulfate-free shampoo and a shampoo made for blonde/bleached hair. Then I condition with a Moroccan oil conditioner. Then in the morning I straighten just my bangs and I'm good to go. I really don't fuss much with my hair otherwise.

Shorty
05-20-2013, 05:03 AM
oh my god I actually need to change out my macadamia oil for moroccan oil but I keep forgettinggg

Pheesh
05-20-2013, 05:58 AM
I will wash and condition my hair every other day, and every time before I'm about to go anywhere semi important. It's just much easier to style after it's been conditioned.

As far as actually styling it, I am legit ridiculous. EoFF'ers I stayed with could probably attest to how long it takes me, and I'm a perfectionist about it. I'll use a fancy hair glue that I buy from my hair dresser, it's awesome, and then once its exactly how I want it I'll lightly hairspray the right side, because I style it horizontally forward and it tends to fall down otherwise. I'm worse than a girl u_u

I also made Sarah cut a bit of my hair cause I couldn't get over how bad it was. She absolutely destroyed it though. I don't know that I'll ever forgive her.

Shorty
05-20-2013, 06:01 AM
philip is a liar of extraordinary proportions

after I cut his hair he marveled for a whole day about what a great job I did

Pheesh
05-20-2013, 06:03 AM
Actually when I went to my hairdresser after I got back I told her I didn't get a haircut the whole time but that my friend trimmed the back for me, and she said "Well she's done a great job."

Needless to say, I fired her then and there.

Jinx
05-20-2013, 06:03 AM
It takes Phil like 20 minutes to do his hair. I don't understand it.

Shorty
05-20-2013, 06:08 AM
and then he just puts a beanie over it

Pheesh
05-20-2013, 06:24 AM
No! Only when I can't be bothered doing it does the beanie make an appearance.

It takes Phil like 20 minutes to do his hair. I don't understand it.

You don't have to understand it. Just revel in its brilliance.

Night Fury
05-20-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm worse than a girl u_u

Babe. Just you wait until July.

Unbreakable Will
05-20-2013, 03:58 PM
I tend to have to do absolutely nothing but; wash every day, condition once in a blue moon and tousle it with my hands when I'm done. More often than not it looks pretty good. :cool:

Jinx
05-20-2013, 04:37 PM

Locky and HNB never leave the house, because they're too busy doing their hair. It's like foreplay to them.

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-20-2013, 05:44 PM
I shampoo and condition my hair ever other day, or when I feel the need to. Depends on how much of a rush I am in and how greasy my hair feels. I use Tresemme Natural - Nourishing Moisture (with avocado and aloe vera). :D I rarely put product in my hair, usually only the barber after it gets cut. Also, I tend to let my hair grow out for a few months at a time because I am lazy like that. So it becomes this unmanageable mess of curls. :/

Pike
05-20-2013, 08:49 PM

Locky and HNB never leave the house, because they're too busy doing their hair. It's like foreplay to them.

It's like the exact opposite of Pike and MILF together

"Wanna go somewhere?"

"Okay"

Ten seconds later we're out the door not even showered half the time #YOLO

Shorty
05-20-2013, 08:52 PM
babe and I may or may not have missed a train in Sweden because I took took long getting ready >_>

theundeadhero
05-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Panteen Pro-V will make your hair the softest substance on Earth.
Even if you live in a ridiculous desert and wear a helmet for hours at a time people will comment on how amazingly soft your hair is.

Pike
05-20-2013, 09:23 PM
I wish I could do what half of the thread does and not shampoo, but it doesn't work for me.

If I only shampoo once a week, my hair turns into a swamp.

If I only shampoo every other day, my hair turns into a swamp.

I have to shampoo once every ~24 hours or my hair gets disgusting. It sucks.

And yes, I've heard that you have to stick with the non-shampoo thing until it starts working... well, unless it takes more than a year to stick with it, I've tried. It doesn't work. I hate my scalp. xD

Pumpkin
05-20-2013, 09:32 PM
I shampoo and condition my hair every other day, with some shampoo that smells nice. Then I brush it and it looks great until it dries and then it looks awful. So I brush it again and then its nice for about 40 seconds and then its awful again :(.

My hair is this weird mess of straight and wavy and curly. Like it can't make up it's mind what it wants to be. And it can't even do it in a nice, uniform fashion. It's just all over the place.

Shorty
05-20-2013, 09:33 PM
If I wash my hair and don't put product in it, it looks greasy as all hell the next day. If I do it, the hairspray absorbs the oils and stuff and I don't neeeeed need to wash it just yet.

Pheesh
05-20-2013, 11:26 PM
I wish I could do what half of the thread does and not shampoo, but it doesn't work for me.

If I only shampoo once a week, my hair turns into a swamp.

If I only shampoo every other day, my hair turns into a swamp.

I have to shampoo once every ~24 hours or my hair gets disgusting. It sucks.

And yes, I've heard that you have to stick with the non-shampoo thing until it starts working... well, unless it takes more than a year to stick with it, I've tried. It doesn't work. I hate my scalp. xD

Do you condition as well?

Pike
05-20-2013, 11:28 PM
I only condition the tips. Conditioning my scalp makes the oil go even more overboard. :(

Pheesh
05-20-2013, 11:55 PM
I realise this might be totally crazy considering who I'm talking to. But maybe you should talk to a hairdresser about it and see if there's a particular product they recommend for you? >.>

Pike
05-21-2013, 12:38 AM
Doesn't all their special shampoo cost like a million dollars though?

Shorty
05-21-2013, 12:48 AM
Yes. It does.

Leeza
05-21-2013, 01:25 AM
Like Pike, I wash and condition the ends every day or it's too greasy for my taste. I use the Tresemme Mud Mask conditioner almost every day, sometimes one of their other regular conditioners. I use Tresemme products only at the moment because they don't test on animals, it works and they're inexpensive. :cat: