PDA

View Full Version : What shows do you regularly rewatch?

Jinx
05-20-2013, 05:39 AM
I've got a hankering to watch Big Love again. This is my first re-watch since the series ended in 2011 (I think it was 2011...maybe 2010?). Before that I'd watched it twice through.

I usually re-watch Arrested Development once a year, and I always re-watch Tim and Eric once year. Since becoming a Doctor Who fan, I've watched through the series twice, and I've seriously considered doing another re-watch soon (will probably wait til a little closer to the 50th Anniversary. Maybe start in September.)

I've watched Skins through probably about 4 times. And I've watched through Coupling 4 or 5 times. Seen Gavin and Stacey 3 times.

What shows do you re-watch on a regular basis (like, once a year, bi-annually, etc). What makes you keep coming back to these shows?

The Man
05-20-2013, 05:59 AM
Arrested Development and Sherlock are the main ones I can think of. I've also rewatched Futurama and Firefly multiple times, and will probably rewatch Doctor Who at some point.

Unbreakable Will
05-20-2013, 04:00 PM
I always re-watch Tim and Eric once year.

We are now mortal enemies. :stare:

I re-watch Archer whenever the mood strikes, same with American Dad.

Night Fury
05-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Buffy.

Because I've studied it and written about it, and because every time I re-watch it I love it even more.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-20-2013, 05:01 PM
I rewatch the entirety of The IT Crowd all the time. That show never gets old to me. Other shows I rewatch a good chunk of episodes from are The Office, Futurama, and Spaced. I've been considering rewatching Lost lately, but that's such a huge time commitment. I do rewatch episodes of the show from time to time though.

Shorty
05-20-2013, 05:36 PM
My key players are The Office, Parks and Rec, Arrested Development, Newsradio and Seinfeld.

Aulayna
05-20-2013, 05:42 PM
New Episodes Weekly:

Glee
Dr Who
Game of Thrones
Community

Stuff I've seen and go back too:

Glee
Grey's Anatomy
Buffy
Angel
Gossip Girl
The OC
The Wire

Stuff I'm planning on watching:

Arrested Development
Californication
Sherlock

Del Murder
05-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Arrested Development and Firefly are always good for a rewatch because they were both great shows and had relatively short runs. I also like rewatching NewsRadio and The Simpsons (seasons 2-10 mainly).

Pike
05-20-2013, 10:55 PM
Man, I basically never rewatch stuff. Not because I don't want to, but because I'm really not a big TV person to begin with. I may have rewatched Firefly once? Also the first two seasons of MLP:FiM and I think I also may have rewatched the first season of House.

I think that's about it.

Shauna
05-20-2013, 10:59 PM
I rewatch House every now and again. Also 30 Rock. Whenever I spend all my money on Parks and Rec, I will watch that over and over. :heart:

Shorty
05-20-2013, 11:00 PM
oh shit, I forgot 30 Rock!

Aulayna
05-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Actually. I started rewatching 24 again with the announcement of the new mini-series!

Lonely Paper Star
05-21-2013, 02:45 AM
Hmm... I rewatched 1 Litre of Tears recently. Same with Harper's Island and the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares. And before the premiere, I ran through the first two seasons of Game of Thrones once or twice.

I should also mention Scrubs. Obsessed with the show, and rewatching the episodes always gives me feels and laughter. It takes my mind off of things I have trouble dealing with irl.

Del Murder
05-21-2013, 03:40 AM
Actually. I started rewatching 24 again with the announcement of the new mini-series!
In a single 24 hour block?

Parker
05-21-2013, 11:19 AM
The Wire, Arrested Development, Six Feet Under and The Sopranos are things I tend to rewatch as a series.

Also random episodes of Scrubs, House, The Office and Archer when the mood strikes.

Rostum
05-21-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm re-watching the Stargate series after a year or so. :D

Rocket Edge
05-21-2013, 10:57 PM
I have re-watched series of Friends, The Simpsons, & Family Guy more times than I can remember.

Aulayna
05-22-2013, 08:13 PM
In a single 24 hour block?

Of course, it's the only way to watch it.

(true story: I actually did this whilst I was at University ¬_¬)

Freya
05-22-2013, 10:59 PM
The newsroom, battlestar galactica, scrubs, Sherlock, game of thrones and buffy

Shadowdust
05-23-2013, 01:44 AM
I regularly re-watch Friends, Family Guy, Buffy and Angel. I plan on re-watching BSG, X-Files, and Firefly.

Flaming Ice
05-23-2013, 02:18 AM

Would rather watch cartoons than shows with real people except maybe a bit of comedy now and then.

Tasura
05-23-2013, 02:27 AM
I tend to not re-watch things, mainly because I get no enjoyment out of something if I already know what's going to happen. However if I go a few years without watching a show, I'll restart the season I left off in, or the series entirely if I wasn't that far in. That said, I do however watch The Big Bang Theory and NCIS when they're on. And I would probably willingly re-watch Doctor Who, but that's probably it.

Araciel
05-23-2013, 06:18 AM
Firefly

TNG

Simpsons

Pumpkin
05-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Will & Grace, Criminal Minds.

Raistlin
05-25-2013, 03:40 AM
I rewatch The Wire once a year. I used to rewatch House every year or two, but it's becoming less regular now.

Otherwise, I've rewatched a bunch of other shows, but don't do so with any degree of regularity. I've rewatched Game of Thrones and Sherlock each once, but those are still too new for it to be a regular thing yet. Other shows I've rewatched within the past couple of years: Firefly, Buffy, South Park.