PDA

View Full Version : The First EoFF Official Podcast!

Night Fury
05-21-2013, 10:11 AM

http://www.eyesonff.com/podcast/2013-05-19-podcast

It’s been a long time coming, but a handful of us finally got together for a conversation about our dear website and all things Final Fantasy in the very first of what we hope will be many, Podcasts! So join myself, Loony_BoB, Mr. Shauna, and Shauna as we discuss plenty of topics to keep you amused (hopefully!) Also, if that wasn't enough to entice you to listening - you’ll get to hear my lovely radio-voice, BoB’s laugh – which is just wonderful, and the charming banter of a couple – what more could you want?

On the agenda this time around:

Final Fantasy VIII’s re-release!
Final Fantasy X-2’s music!
The return of Summon of the Month!
What does Final Fantasy XV need?

To listen to the Podcast on the site, click the player above!
To download the Podcast, then right click here (http://www.eyesonff.com/podcast/2013-05-19-podcast.mp3): and choose Save As!

So give it a listen, and let us know what you think!

If you have any questions at all about the topics featured in the podcast and would like to share your own ideas, then please write a comment below and one of us will be sure to get back to you! If you’d like to send in a question to be read out in our next Podcast, or if you have any other general enquiries then please PM me! We will also be taking in ideas for our next General Topic or theme which you can again, just submit to me via PM.

Happy listening! :bigsmile:

Shauna
05-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Hope y'all enjoy. :) We are very much open to improvements and such too. We are just new to this. xD

Night Fury
05-21-2013, 10:18 AM
No insulties :( No meanies either or I'll.... I'll..... >.>

Loony BoB
05-21-2013, 10:25 AM
If we get enough listeners, perhaps we'll let you all listen to the alternative start and end of the podcast which features fantastic singing.

Aulayna
05-21-2013, 10:27 AM
BoB doesn't like Chocobo Hot & Cold.

-1000 respect points

Night Fury
05-21-2013, 10:28 AM
I wouldn't say it was fantastic.... :blush:

Loony BoB
05-21-2013, 10:36 AM
BoB doesn't like Chocobo Hot & Cold.

-1000 respect points
It was better than jumprope, if that helps...

Pike
05-21-2013, 10:37 AM
:jess: ooh exciting! I can't wait to listen when I get home from work.

If you guys really get this rolling maybe we can put it on iTunes and such :excited:

Agent Proto
05-21-2013, 11:29 AM
First ten minutes in and poop has been the dominating topic. Great podcast! :poo:

Calliope
05-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Poopcast?

DanielCLFFF13
05-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Cool podcast, really love it. :)

Slothy
05-21-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm about two minutes in and I have to say that the most remarkable thing about this podcast is how alarmingly accurate Psychotic's impressions of Locky are.

Shauna
05-21-2013, 01:49 PM
First ten minutes in and poop has been the dominating topic. Great podcast! :poo:

We obviously know what the people want, and we aim to please.

For those that have finished listening:

How can we look to improve? Any suggestions? Aside from poop discussion

We do need your feedback, as we're not perfect yet. :D

Parker
05-21-2013, 04:59 PM
In it.

You all have my full support.

Flying Mullet
05-21-2013, 05:08 PM
I look forward to hearing what you scallywags have to discuss on my drive home this evening.

Formalhaut
05-21-2013, 05:16 PM
I was stalking the EC thread in eager anticipation of this. :D Can't wait to listen to it when I'm on the move!

Pumpkin
05-21-2013, 05:19 PM
I have to listen to this in short segments because British accents make me sadface.

Also, BoB, what is this about not liking Chocobo Hot & Cold :mad2:.

You are a bad man. Shame on you. All of the shame.

theundeadhero
05-21-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm with you BoB.
I didn't like finding pictographs either.

Psychotic
05-21-2013, 05:49 PM
I found the accents contained within this podcast highly offensive.

Also Daniel I was thinking of your voicefile of you saying edczxcvbnm and screaming "YES!" the other day. What a crazy random happenstance.

Citizen Bleys
05-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Haven't listened to it yet, but EoFF podcast done entirely in Scottish accents? This is going to be highly awesome.

Loony BoB
05-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Haven't listened to it yet, but EoFF podcast done entirely in Scottish accents? This is going to be highly awesome.
1x Geordie
1x New Zealander (in the words of Phil: "I was shocked by BoB's accent. I had expected him to lose a lot of it I guess. But it's so friggin' Kiwi.")
2x Scots

Shauna
05-21-2013, 06:07 PM
All you people complaining about accents are just jealous that we have cooler accents than you guys, obviously.

Night Fury
05-21-2013, 06:10 PM
It's better than them complaining about the poop talk :lol:

Which by the way, blame Parker. :colbert:

Loony BoB
05-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Accents are the best things to happen to voices since words.

Flying Mullet
05-21-2013, 06:16 PM
All you people complaining about accents are just jealous that we have cooler accents than you guys, obviously.
It would be a lot cooler if they were real accents and not faked for the podcast. The accents were believable until BoB's <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsH--fbw7M4">joisey</a> accent snuck in a quarter of the way through the podcast. The video is actually our EoFF'ers getting ready for the podcast in their dressing room.

Psychotic
05-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Nothing wrong with accents. Everything wrong with yours. You uncivilised swines!

Dat Matt
05-21-2013, 07:36 PM
I should look into getting this on iTunes.

I deal with editing and stuff, so comments on the quality, musical intros and outros and other comments. Also I can see about making blooper reels if there is interest for it.

Citizen Bleys
05-21-2013, 07:39 PM
1x New Zealander (in the words of Phil: "I was shocked by BoB's accent. I had expected him to lose a lot of it I guess. But it's so friggin' Kiwi.")

Yeah, that actually did surprise me a bit when I listened to it; I only lived in Nova Scotia for about three months before my accent changed to match the locals, and the only reason I don't have a typical New Brunswick accent right now is that I've made a conscious choice to resist the change.

You've lived in Scotland for what, a decade? And you've resisted picking up the coolest accent on Earth? Why?

Psychotic
05-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Which one do you mean? Scotland has at least three or four main accents. I'm not a fan of Glaswegian - sorry Shauna and co! - but the Highlands one is actually really nice. I would like to throw in for Norn Iron being the coolest accent on Earth, and I would go weak at the knees to hear a Huxley podcast. :flirt:

Loony BoB
05-21-2013, 08:13 PM
You've lived in Scotland for what, a decade? And you've resisted picking up the coolest accent on Earth? Why?
Surrounded by people with so many different accents, I don't think I could pick up on any specific one if I tried. Too much variation. Also, I'm told that NZ'ers don't tend to lose their accent after they reach around 18 years old (apparently). But yeah, anyone with an accent I've met in Edinburgh has kept it pretty well.

Shauna
05-21-2013, 08:46 PM
I'm not a fan of Glaswegian - sorry Shauna and co!

Del rejects my voice, what is the point of living.

Glaswegian is not an attractive accent, though, I agree. xD I'm not even *proper* Glaswegian sounding. At some point I will break out the scary Glasgow accent.

Psychotic
05-21-2013, 08:51 PM

Del rejects my voice, what is the point of living. At least you have scotch eggs you can comfort yourself with. I would happily accept a Glaswegian or Geordie accent if it meant I could live in a mountain of scotch eggs.

Shorty
05-21-2013, 10:00 PM
The cool kids' podcast will not be slandered and tainted with accents. Down with the accents!

The Justice Duo Power Hour shamelessly advertising 100% accent-free listening.

Dat Matt
05-21-2013, 10:01 PM

Del rejects my voice, what is the point of living. At least you have scotch eggs you can comfort yourself with. I would happily accept a Glaswegian or Geordie accent if it meant I could live in a mountain of scotch eggs.

Scotch eggs should be where you drink and eat raw eggs

Shauna
05-21-2013, 10:04 PM
The cool kids' podcast will not be slandered and tainted with accents. Down with the accents!

The Justice Duo Power Hour shamelessly advertising 100% accent-free listening.

But you will have accents. American accents. False advertising! Down with this sort of thing!

So, is the only complaint people have legitimately that our accents are bad? Because unfortunately we cannot work on that. xD

Goldenboko
05-21-2013, 10:05 PM
What do you mean "he better be listening" you all don't own me! But seriously good job all - 4 minutes in and amused thus far.

Shorty
05-21-2013, 10:06 PM
North Americans don't have accents.

Loony BoB
05-21-2013, 10:07 PM
If the only thing people are going to criticise is our accents I'd say we've done an excellent job.

But seriously it'd be nice if people actually provided more feedback than "lol accents" as we're new to podcasts and feedback will likely have a large impact on the future of this podcast. Positive feedback will keep the podcasts coming, contstructive feedback will help make 'em better.

Shauna
05-21-2013, 10:08 PM
North Americans don't have accents.

Aww, I love it when people say this. :love: Of course you have accents, you just don't notice that you do because you hear your own accent all the time. I don't notice the accents of the people around me because I am accustomed to hearing it.

Loony BoB
05-21-2013, 10:10 PM
People who don't have accents can't have sexy accents, that's all I gotta say on that.

Del Murder
05-21-2013, 10:11 PM
I like how the entire discussion is about accents and not on the content of the thing.

Shorty
05-21-2013, 10:11 PM
As a person who spent six hours a day, every day on the phone with Daniel Towns for 4+ months, I can say quite confidently that his accent is in the complete and opposite spectrum of sexy.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet because I'm at work :(

Shauna
05-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Obviously people couldn't understand what we were saying, so are commenting on all they know. :(

Loony BoB
05-21-2013, 10:14 PM
As a person who spent six hours a day, every day on the phone with Daniel Towns for 4+ months, I can say quite confidently that his accent is in the complete and opposite spectrum of sexy.
...:cry:

I'm never podcasting again. :(

Shorty
05-21-2013, 10:15 PM
you know I tease <333333

Slothy
05-21-2013, 10:17 PM
But you will have accents. American accents.

:doublecolbert:

Shauna
05-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Okay, Canadian too, I guess.

Shorty
05-21-2013, 10:19 PM
podcast wars

let's do this

Pumpkin
05-21-2013, 10:22 PM
Oh dear. Did I start the accent thing?

Slothy
05-21-2013, 10:23 PM
Even if you didn't I was going to Shion.

Loony BoB
05-21-2013, 10:45 PM
So predictable.

Again, as I said earlier...

But seriously it'd be nice if people actually provided more feedback than "lol accents" as we're new to podcasts and feedback will likely have a large impact on the future of this podcast. Positive feedback will keep the podcasts coming, contstructive feedback will help make 'em better.

Flying Mullet
05-21-2013, 10:55 PM

Aulayna
05-21-2013, 11:50 PM
This seems relevant for Shorty and Shauna.

N0rUtSLZTlc

Dat Matt
05-22-2013, 12:04 AM
So predictable.

Second. I am all for conversation about how our accents are amazing and what not, we know it's true. One criticism that we know is that we are to be more structured in the future. We'll work on that for next time. Also remember that we are taking reader questions so send PMs to Locky.

Aulayna
05-22-2013, 12:23 AM
So predictable.

Second. I am all for conversation about how our accents are amazing and what not, we know it's true. One criticism that we know is that we are to be more structured in the future. We'll work on that for next time. Also remember that we are taking reader questions so send PMs to Locky.

Yeah it could definitely benefit from more structure and someone to usher it along a bit more. The banter is amusing though I was listening to at work and at times it really dragged out a bit and it just became background noise to me until the subject changed. Banter is what makes it work but yeah in future I'd just be a bit more wary about keeping things flowing.

Much like on TV shows like Never Mind the Buzzcocks or QI etc where they banter around for a bit but then the host always gets them back on track before it starts wearing thin or dragging on. This is most likely something that will come with practice until the perfect balance is found.

Beyond that it might be an idea to get everyone to pull something from the forum in the past week or two they've enjoyed.

But for a first attempt it was really good. I especially enjoyed the Macy Gray impression :p

Denmark
05-22-2013, 04:09 AM
Mexicans also have North American accents, you know

Maybe I'll listen to this at work tomorrow.

Flying Mullet
05-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Hi there, my name's Mulley. Long time listener, first time caller. I had some thoughts after listening to the show.

Do as much as you can to interact with the forums. It's a much more enjoyable show when you feel like you are part of the discussion and not being talked at. Some possibilities:

More name dropping. Everyone gets a warm fuzzy when they hear their name on the air. I think I only heard four or five members names throughout the entire show.
Full-on mail bag. You mentioned sending questions to Locky at the end of the show. Have a full-on mail bag where people can send comments, questions, feedback, etc... It would also be cool if people had a way to submit audio commentary/questions so they could "talk" and you could respond on the show. You might consider setting up a "podcast mail bag" user that people send their PMs to so that you can share the account with four or five show hosts in case Locky is MIA or other people doing the podcast need to get to the mail bag for whatever reason.
Perhaps create a thread a week ahead of time that will be specifically used and discussed in the next podcast. For example, you might ask everyone what they are up to over the summer, then discuss that over the air. This again helps the forum members feel like they are a part of the show. For example, one of the podcasts I listen to has a "trademark" of listeners sending in bad/corny jokes and one is picked for that week's podcast.

I don't know about the rest of the members, but my usual commute is around half an hour. I would be curious to see how long the members have to listen to the podcast in one sitting. I imagine quite a few will listen in the car, train, bus, etc... Knowing what your average "listener length" is would help to tailor the length of the show to make it easily digestible. You could also look into splitting the show up into 10-15 minute segments and then people can listen to as little or as much as they have time for.

The tangents and side bars are inevitable and fun but a couple of times I found myself ready for the conversation to move on when they went a little long.

Just like you had a rundown of topics at the top of this thread, a quick rundown of what's going to be discussed during the podcast is always a nice touch. You might also consider a somewhat standardized format. This will make it easier for you to generate a show as you don't have to try to throw crap at random into the show and hope it works, especially if you're trying to stay within a certain time constraint of the show length. One possibility:

Hello's, introductions, a minute or two of idle banter with required good-natured jabs between hosts.
Run-down of the show's schedule/content/topics
News/Happenings related to EoFF
News/Happenings related to SE and/or the gaming world
Main topic 1 - Discussion of forum thread created specifically for podcast
Main topic 2 - Something Final Fantasy/SquareEnix'y to discuss
Mail bag

Of course, the above might be too structured for your taste and you might want something more organic.

I think that's about it for now. All-in-all I thought the show was well done and you had fun with it, which is the most important part. The audio quality was also very nice and everyone was easy to understand and hear, which always seems to bite a lot of new podcasts in the ass.

Shauna
05-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Thanks Mulley for your feedback. :3

We do have a general structure of how the podcast will go down on a week to week basis. There was a vague notion of it throughout it, but we just need to work better at keeping it flowing. It is something we identified pretty early on that we need to improve on, so stay tuned for the next one! Hopefully we'll be better in that regard. We did not prepare in the slightest before this podcast (could you tell? xD), and just winged it the whole way through - for future installments we will have better prior planning. Locky will just have to put her foot down at points and say "So, onto News!".

We are planning to have as much forum interaction as we can - the mail-bag is coming (hopefully), and we will name-drop more, I'm sure, as the podcast goes on, and maybe a thread could work! We'll just have to see how it goes.

Denmark
05-22-2013, 05:19 PM
there's nothing bad about forced transitions/fake segues imo (e.g. "on that note, something completely different"). you wanna stay focused to keep listener focus.

Psychotic
05-22-2013, 06:11 PM
no sorry

i know you want feedback daniel & co but i can't allow this shit to stand

sarah "americans don't have accents" cobb

What language are you speaking you awful person? It's English. Not American. Now, who do you think speaks with the pure and correct form of the language called English? HINT: The English. Do you sound English? No, no you do not. Therefore you have an accent. And may I just take the time to say it's a paricularly woeful accent, far worse than Scotch or Geordie.

Oh yeah and don't go pulling "heh but here's shakespeare english it sounds different!" on me again Huxley. Old English is not the same as English, it's fucking dead and thus irrelevant. Modern English is Received Pronunciation, suck it down.

Loony BoB
05-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Oh man, feedback. <3 Thanks heaps. Be sure to let us know what you enjoyed too, so we know what works as well as what needs work.

*thinks of awful ways he can namedrop*

Night Fury
05-22-2013, 06:15 PM
To anyone with anything to say about my accent. :colbert:

HR-GpCABiSI

Shorty
05-22-2013, 06:15 PM
no accents allwd sry

Psychotic
05-22-2013, 06:19 PM
no accents allwd sryEvery single time you say you don't have an accent, I just think of you in a trailer park, barefoot beneath a crusty star spangled banner, braying at anyone who will walk past that MURRCA IS THE BESTEST, USA, USA, USA.

Pike
05-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Umm everyone has an accent

I have the worst accent because it's boring and when I went to the UK everyone gave me looks of disgust any time I opened my mouth

Shauna
05-22-2013, 06:26 PM
there's nothing bad about forced transitions/fake segues imo (e.g. "on that note, something completely different"). you wanna stay focused to keep listener focus.

Yep! That's the overall plan for next time. :D

kotora
05-22-2013, 07:48 PM
the charming banter of a couple

Didn't you say nothing with the word 'banter' in it could be good? :monster:

Loony BoB
05-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Oooh, he's right, you did. Locky hates their charm. :(

CimminyCricket
05-22-2013, 08:17 PM
I liked the podcast. It was a little long with a few off topic rants, but that's to be expected with a first podcast. I like that you picked specifics from the forum to talk about (hottest thread in the last few days, etc) and that you congratulated a member on their pregnancy. That's the sort of thing to get people to head back and listen for more. I agree with Mulley's assessment that it should be broken up into more than one podcast if it's going to stay so long and that there should be more name dropping. Honestly, this was the first podcast I actually sat through and it reminded me a lot of the radio stations I listen to. It was well structured, I could hear everyone clearly during the majority of the podcast and it was genuinely a pleasure to listen to it. Great job!

Cuchulainn
05-22-2013, 09:44 PM
45 minutes isn't long, in fact it's probably standard for podcasts nowadays. However I only lasted 5 minutes. You all disgust me.

Shauna
05-22-2013, 09:46 PM
We love you too, Cuch. :love:

Dat Matt
05-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Hi there, my name's Mulley. Long time listener, first time caller. I had some thoughts after listening to the show.

Do as much as you can to interact with the forums. It's a much more enjoyable show when you feel like you are part of the discussion and not being talked at. Some possibilities:

More name dropping. Everyone gets a warm fuzzy when they hear their name on the air. I think I only heard four or five members names throughout the entire show.
Full-on mail bag. You mentioned sending questions to Locky at the end of the show. Have a full-on mail bag where people can send comments, questions, feedback, etc... It would also be cool if people had a way to submit audio commentary/questions so they could "talk" and you could respond on the show. You might consider setting up a "podcast mail bag" user that people send their PMs to so that you can share the account with four or five show hosts in case Locky is MIA or other people doing the podcast need to get to the mail bag for whatever reason.
Perhaps create a thread a week ahead of time that will be specifically used and discussed in the next podcast. For example, you might ask everyone what they are up to over the summer, then discuss that over the air. This again helps the forum members feel like they are a part of the show. For example, one of the podcasts I listen to has a "trademark" of listeners sending in bad/corny jokes and one is picked for that week's podcast.

I don't know about the rest of the members, but my usual commute is around half an hour. I would be curious to see how long the members have to listen to the podcast in one sitting. I imagine quite a few will listen in the car, train, bus, etc... Knowing what your average "listener length" is would help to tailor the length of the show to make it easily digestible. You could also look into splitting the show up into 10-15 minute segments and then people can listen to as little or as much as they have time for.

The tangents and side bars are inevitable and fun but a couple of times I found myself ready for the conversation to move on when they went a little long.

Just like you had a rundown of topics at the top of this thread, a quick rundown of what's going to be discussed during the podcast is always a nice touch. You might also consider a somewhat standardized format. This will make it easier for you to generate a show as you don't have to try to throw crap at random into the show and hope it works, especially if you're trying to stay within a certain time constraint of the show length. One possibility:

Hello's, introductions, a minute or two of idle banter with required good-natured jabs between hosts.
Run-down of the show's schedule/content/topics
News/Happenings related to EoFF
News/Happenings related to SE and/or the gaming world
Main topic 1 - Discussion of forum thread created specifically for podcast
Main topic 2 - Something Final Fantasy/SquareEnix'y to discuss
Mail bag

Of course, the above might be too structured for your taste and you might want something more organic.

I think that's about it for now. All-in-all I thought the show was well done and you had fun with it, which is the most important part. The audio quality was also very nice and everyone was easy to understand and hear, which always seems to bite a lot of new podcasts in the ass.

Thanks for the wall o text man, detailed feedback is great.

As this was the first episode, we didn't have a mailbag or a dedicated weekly thread to the podcast. I guess this was due to people trying to keep it under wraps so it was more of a surprise. We'll probably start having a discussion thread from now on like that.

You said your commute is roughly 30 minutes. Is this both ways or for the full commute. I personally think that 1 hour for the full podcast length would be ideal. What is the opinion on terms of length?

While I agree with having the stricter schedule, and that there should be some dedicated discussion for the EOFF news and events, and regular news an events (Look forward to my chat on the xbox one). Personally, I feel like at least quarter of the podcast at the start should be about random chats. That's mostly what I listen to podcasts for myself, random nonsense.

Thanks again.

I liked the podcast. It was a little long with a few off topic rants, but that's to be expected with a first podcast. I like that you picked specifics from the forum to talk about (hottest thread in the last few days, etc) and that you congratulated a member on their pregnancy. That's the sort of thing to get people to head back and listen for more. I agree with Mulley's assessment that it should be broken up into more than one podcast if it's going to stay so long and that there should be more name dropping. Honestly, this was the first podcast I actually sat through and it reminded me a lot of the radio stations I listen to. It was well structured, I could hear everyone clearly during the majority of the podcast and it was genuinely a pleasure to listen to it. Great job!

Thanks for the feedback. Did 40 minutes really seem long? As a means of comparison, I listen to 4 podcast on a frequent basis. Shortest ones are around 50 minutes long. Longest ones are 3:30 hours long. My daily commute is 2:50 hours long including breaks, and I listen to a podcast all the way through that. May be a bit excessive.

Personally, I like the idea of name dropping but personally, but I don't know very many people on the forums on the yet, so I'm somewhat unfamiliar with people here. Soon~

Cuchulainn
05-22-2013, 10:30 PM
It's not long. I listen to a few Podcasts (Teamtalk, United etc) they're all 40 to 60 mins long. The time is not the issue, neither should be the off-topic banter, anything like that is a plus.

Your issues may be subject matters. Set up next weeks podcasts with questions being answered etc, even trail game tasks for week after and then talk about them, what you found etc. Then maybe devote a section of the podcast to 'general chat' relating to the forums, just don't allow that to turn into a 'mention me' whoring session. Whatever the hot topic is, shit like that.

It's the first one, you'll be grand. the little I heard wasn't awful at all; to be fair.

FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT

Dat Matt
05-22-2013, 10:35 PM
It's the first one, you'll be grand. the little I heard wasn't awful at all; to be fair.

You stuck around long enough to get the full force of the poo talk. Clearly that's what we are all here for.

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-23-2013, 09:00 PM
Oh yeah and don't go pulling "heh but here's shakespeare english it sounds different!" on me again Huxley. Old English is not the same as English, it's fucking dead and thus irrelevant. Modern English is Received Pronunciation, suck it down.

Shakespeare is early Modern English...Old English is like Beowulf.

Formalhaut
05-28-2013, 09:02 PM
I finally had a long bus journey (and wait...) so I downloaded it on my Ipod and listened in. And I have to get this funniest quote of the week down right now before I jump right into it:

I thought Atlanta didn't exist?

Oh wait, that's Atlantis [laughter]

While I can't give as much detailed feedback as the others can, I can give a try. Mostly in bullet point form:

What I really liked was that it was quintessentially EoFF. The first few minutes: poop talk. It was delightful, and this was a recurring theme throughout. I always knew I was listening to EoFF. It always grabbed my attention, even when sections got a bit long winded.
In terms of listener length. It was fine for me. I did have to wait for a long enough bus commute, but I felt glad that I had it. I had to wait for a bus for over half an hour and thank God I had a podcast to tide me over until it came. With listener length, you can't please everyone. I think try and get people's responses and try to go for the middle-ground and just stick with it. I had to split my listening in two segments: when I was on my first bus and when I was waiting for the next one. I didn't mind pausing for a bit and continuing later.
I agree with more forum inclusion in general but I'm sure that will come in time. What might be nice is a little competition! Similar to my quote of the week (though I'm sure you can think of something a lot more attention grabbing) you could sort of have a competition where the answer is revealed in the next podcast. That 'might' lure people to listen to next week to sate their curiosity. You could perhaps reenact a scene from a Final Fantasy and ask listeners to guess what scene they were enacting. Heck, later on you could even give prizes if you want. Just a thought. Could be terrible.
The sound quality was good! Compared to some other podcasts. Only when everyone was speaking did it leave me wondering 'wait what did he say?' but besides those very rare moments, the quality was good!

And... that's basically it. Everything else, everyone has covered in much more detail.

Formalhaut
05-28-2013, 09:26 PM
I still haven't gotten around to listening to this, I need to set apart a good chunk of time.

That's the good thing about buses - they give you puh-lenty of time to sit around and wait.

Chris
05-28-2013, 10:38 PM
I will listen, once I am allowed to sing on the broadcast.

Dat Matt
05-29-2013, 06:15 PM
I still haven't gotten around to listening to this, I need to set apart a good chunk of time.

That's the good thing about buses - they give you puh-lenty of time to sit around and wait.

My daily commute is 2:30 hours to and fro work combined, as well as a half hour for lunch. It is just my opinion that the length is good as it is at less than 1 hour a show, but in contrast I listen to the Giant Bombcast which is turning into 3:30 hour long weekly shows.

Might just be my curse when it comes to commute xD

escobert
05-31-2013, 05:14 AM
omg I heard BoB's voice!
/dead

Loony BoB
06-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Round two is up, folks!

http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/150383-eyes-final-fantasy-podcast-round-two.html