PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Dragoon

Palom Porom
05-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Most people either love or hate this game...it's kind of like FFVIII in this matter. It just so happens I can't stand VIII, but Iove LoD. J almost consider it to fit in with final fantasy. But this is because it was my first RPG. Most people who's first ff was VIII like it the most. I'm just wondering what other FF fans like myself think of Legend of Dragoon. Do you think this game is relevant?

Gzussaves
05-22-2013, 12:21 AM
I love Legend of Dragoon.. in fact i have 2 copies of it because i found a pristine condition one at a play and trade that was closing down for $5

Sephex
05-22-2013, 12:29 AM
GUST OF WIND.........

DANCE!

Del Murder
05-22-2013, 02:21 AM
I actually just started playing it for the first time! Any tips for me?

Shadowdust
05-22-2013, 03:21 AM
I loved this game. I was terrible with my attack timing but it kept it interesting. It's a shame that it didn't receive enough attention to warrant sequels.

@Psychotic-It's not much of a tip but grind on your additional attack skills. I made the mistake of not leveling up my adds early on and had a heck of a time surviving the game my first time. Second time through, it was a breeze thanks to leveling these attacks up.

Palom Porom
05-22-2013, 05:12 AM
Yeah, shadow dust is right, make sure you build up your additions up past 80/99 to get each ones last addition. A tiny spoiler-since I'm on my iPod I can't hide it- Also, since there aren't too many side quests, go to the seven towers and fight the old dragoons from 11, 000 years ago and get all stardusts, doing so will greatly help you.

Jinx
05-25-2013, 12:23 AM
I only have the first disc of this game. I'd really love to play it again.

Gzussaves
05-25-2013, 12:57 AM
I only have the first disc of this game. I'd really love to play it again.
stares at both copies of his... muahahahahahaaha.. but in all honesty.. sad day, get the other discs nao!!!!!

Laddy
05-25-2013, 01:31 AM
This game is good, even if the combat can get repetitive the rhythm aspect makes it enjoyable. The story's surprisingly good despite some cliches, the soundtrack and visuals are strong, and the game is a bit more mature than many RPG's.

I would like to see a sequel, maybe with more additions utilizing more buttons than can be selected from an in-battle menu, especially with each additions having different attack effects and properties that add a tactical layer. This could;ve been a promising series, shame they just made one.

HasteInTime
05-26-2013, 09:29 AM
I own this gem and it's finally on PSN (I Think) so PS3 DS action here I come. I actually- er funny story never "*gasp!" really cared about Final-Fantasy at all when I was much younger, saw it as another run of the mill game and loved the heck outta Zelda like many have. FF was good but just not as good as Legend of Dragoon, despite this games obvious glitches and flaws due to development issues. The good thing about FF is that each one allows for a different story and setting, even though those settings sometimes have reoccurring themes like mist/miasma. I do love FF, but F14RR will be the last one for me. I have personally 'had it' with Square Enix, they are just not as good these days as they were when they were Square-Soft. So I support Mistwalker over them, but that is a thread for another time.

Back to this game. Legend of Dragon was well amazing, it had good story, characters, and a cool battle system that at the time pushed the boundaries for gaming. In a nut-shell I absolutely love it and honestly there is room for another Lengend of Dragoon next to my FF games and time should Sony make the 2nd one finally.

See;
The Legend of Dragoon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_Dragoon)

Freya
05-29-2013, 05:31 AM
I spent so much time on this game as a kid. The two games I spent the most time on were this one and FF IX and we see where IX got me. I wish they would have made this into a series as well. I loved the addition attacks. At the time there wasn't much in the genre other than the atb stuff. Having to push buttons made the combat feel more dynamic at a time when it was hard to do so in games. I also liked that they spoke in the cinematics. I felt that that was innovative too for the time. SO I loved this "super advanced" RPG

Polnareff
05-29-2013, 06:29 PM
I got so sick of the game about 5 hours in, which is ironic since I had the demo of the game a year before that and played it so many times.

Also, I see your Gust of Wind Dance and raise you a

Madness
*voice breaks*
HEROOOOOO

sharkythesharkdogg
05-29-2013, 09:27 PM
I found this game to be very fun when I played it, but I talked shion into trying it a few months ago. She did not seem impressed. Maybe it doesn't hold up, but it still looked fun to me.

Jowy
05-29-2013, 09:56 PM
LAVIIIIIIIIIIIITZ :aimcry:

Freya
05-30-2013, 08:13 PM
LAVIIIIIIIIIIIITZ :aimcry:
Little girl me was so sad at that

Del Murder
05-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Just started playing and I'm already enjoying myself. The first dungeon was anything but typical, and there were a lot of extra paths I could take. The sneaking aspect was also pretty cool. I forgot when RPGs mixed it up like this!

I enjoy the Additions in the battle system but I'd wish they involved a greater variety of button presses. Maybe the later ones do.

Freya
06-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Wait you seriously just started playing it? OMG DELLLLLLL :3 That's so exciting and cute! :D

Also have DOUBLE SLASH

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e2b305e6733d8b3f699aa7542cc4d657/tumblr_mnb6qidHTG1qhyqbmo1_500.gif

noxious.sunshine
06-01-2013, 07:03 AM
Eh. I bought LoD when it first came out 'cuz there was so much hype around it. Wasn't really impressed. It just seemed like it was all thrown together last minute even though Sony spent a -really- long time making it. I didn't get around to beating it, though.

I downloaded it on PSN a while ago. Kinda started on it, but just haven't really been in a gaming mood lately.

ThornQueen
08-07-2013, 07:50 AM
I hate to dig up old threads, but I have to say something about this game that I absolutely love to bits and pieces. Pardon me while I try and control my extreme nostalgia boner.

This was the first game I pulled all-nighters for, and just blasted through. I can admit it has many problems in the script especially, and overall cliche moments, but it never really bogged the game down for me. It was always something I just came to accept as part of the game. Many parts of the world are absolutely gorgeous, and while sometimes hearing your attacks was annoying I LOVED-LOVED-LOVED the battle system.

This is one game more than any other I would give anything to see remade. With the proper treatment, fixing up of the script and some tweaking here and there it could be fantastic. Hell, I'd live it up for a prequel over the first winglies wars.

My only complaint: I loathe Meru's dragoon outfit as she was one of my favorites, and hammers are awesome. I long for something of hers I'd want to cosplay, but alas, it will never be since her dragoon form just seems lazy in comparison to others.

ZonkoTony
08-19-2013, 03:35 AM
I think LoD is the greatest JRPG and possibly game of our current generation. love it!

NeoCracker
08-19-2013, 05:14 AM
And Del, the only real Tip I have for you is to make sure to use each Addition 80 times, as only when you master them all do you gain access to your final addition.

And none in the game are as hard to master as the fucking Gust of Wind Dance. The pattern on that one is wonky compared to any other, and when counters start kicking in they can seriously infuriate you on that move before you get use to it.

Masamunemaster
08-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Spinniing caane!

Madame Adequate
08-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Yeah I like LoD a lot, but I can never get the top level super dragoon limit whatevers to work because I am a scrub :(

Sephex
08-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Hey Lavitz, what does Captain Ahab use to hunt the White Whale?

HARPOOOOOOOOOON!!!

Masamunemaster
08-22-2013, 01:12 PM
He then begins his PURSUIT!!! of the giant.