PDA

View Full Version : Man at Arms: Buster Sword Replica

Night Fury
05-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Need something cool, awesome, and totally manly this Wednesday morning? Here you go!

Tony Swatton has been a blacksmith for over 30 years and has created weapons for over 200 feature films... He's the Man at Arms. He's made the Keyblade, Jaime Lannister's sword, and many many more... and now he's plunged even further into nerd-dom by creating one of the most iconic weapons in Final Fantasy history.

The Buster Sword. "Absolutely ridonkulous, six feet long and twelve inches wide" It's not an easy feat, but this guy manages to make it look easy. The final sword weighed in about 75-80 pounds, so whilst he made its creation look easy... the same could not be said for carrying it.

xogheZdAO18
Now there's a whole lot of sweaty manliness in this video.

My favourite part of this video comes at the end - and features a nifty Chocobo piņata getting smashed by the sword in a rather violent manner. Poor little guy. So yeah, if you’ve ever happened to wonder just what a ‘real’ Buster Sword would look like, here’s your answer!

Maehara
05-22-2013, 05:43 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/150161-man-arms-video.html
Thread I posted on it 2 days ago...

Night Fury
05-22-2013, 05:45 PM
That's just the link :p this was written as an article for our frontsite.

Maehara
05-22-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm sorry I'm not awesome enough to write a whole article! :p
You should totally include the Keyblade one he made as well.

Night Fury
05-22-2013, 05:47 PM
You could try! We're always looking for people to contribute to our frontsite! Next time you find something like this you should write it as an article! All you'd need is a couple of paragraphs and a picture! :D

Slothy
05-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Well, I spent my entire morning watching all of his videos thanks to you Locky. They're pretty damn cool.

Roogle
05-22-2013, 11:09 PM
How was he able to carry it with one hand if it is 80 lbs? He makes it look so light-weighted.

Skyblade
05-23-2013, 01:53 AM
How was he able to carry it with one hand if it is 80 lbs? He makes it look so light-weighted.

In every scene, it's either resting on something or has another person supporting it.

Maehara
05-23-2013, 04:37 AM
Yeah, if you look on that picture, he's actually leaning on it, while it's sitting on a stand.

Loony BoB
05-23-2013, 11:37 AM
"and features a nifty Chocobo piņata getting smashed by the sword in a rather violent manner"

I don't know if I can watch that vieo. ;_;

Skyblade
05-23-2013, 04:25 PM
"and features a nifty Chocobo piņata getting smashed by the sword in a rather violent manner"

Look for the Kingdom Key video then. No cute things get destroyed by the Keyblade.

Shauna
05-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Well, I spent my entire morning watching all of his videos thanks to you Locky. They're pretty damn cool.

Yeah, he's a p cool guy, making all this nerdy stuff. One of the more interesting YT channels I've stumbled across for sure.

Slothy
05-23-2013, 05:21 PM

Look for the Kingdom Key video then. No cute things get destroyed by the Keyblade.

Pretty sure he smashed a damn Dreamcast in that one. :colbert:

Yeah, he's a p cool guy, making all this nerdy stuff. One of the more interesting YT channels I've stumbled across for sure.

I don't subscribe to a whole lot on Youtube, but I did subscribe to this one because damn that man has some skills with metal.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-23-2013, 10:23 PM
It's a pretty impressive hobby. This guy does what I want to do when I'm old and retired. Mess around with metal. I know it's only for show, but I like how the blade section replaceable. Interesting idea.

Depression Moon
05-24-2013, 02:42 AM
It's more for a hobby for this guy. He says he does it for movies too, so i know he gets paid a grip for doing that.

LadyJuxtaposition
05-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Dude, what a cool video, and that guy did a great job of putting the sword together. He got great eye for detail no doubt. Hmm, I wonder what ever happened to the sword, did he still have it?

Unbreakable Will
05-26-2013, 03:09 AM
I love this dude, if I'm not mistaken he made a replica of the keyblade from Kingdom Hearts as well! :kakapo:

Gzussaves
05-26-2013, 06:22 AM
I jizzed in my pants... yes it is big and heavy but would look awesome in my house

Shaibana
05-26-2013, 09:27 PM
wooouuww.. if only i could buy one :P

Raistlin
05-26-2013, 11:30 PM
That is awesome. It's amusing that they can't even wield the damn thing; all of the "slashing" is basically just letting the sword fall on various objects. xD

I'll have to check out his other videos now.