PDA

View Full Version : [Art] An idea about a tattoo i want

Masamunemaster
05-23-2013, 01:20 PM
I have been thinking for quite a while now of a tattoo idea, and I think I have got one, but I can't draw to save my life.

I am mainly posting here because I was wondering if anyone had feedback, or just wanted to take a swing at it.

What I have thought about was pokemon related, since I owe pokemon alot(another story for another time). I love Bulbasaur more than almost any pokemon(number one is definatly arcanine), and the idea....Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur all three coming from a pokeball in as much detail as possible.

What does the artist community think of an idea I hope is different?

Night Fury
05-23-2013, 01:44 PM
Well, I'm a huge fan of tattoos - even more if they're nerdy!

There is a series of Pokemon tattoos that I really like - here is a tribal style Ivysaur (http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/224/f/0/Ivysaur_Tribal_by_Canyx.jpg) that is just... to die for really!

Have you thought much about the art style? Would you go purely for the anime of the three pokemon? I know that there are drawings of Pokemon looking realistic like this (http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/330/5/0/realistic_pokemon_sketches__grass_final_evolutions_by_nauvasca-d5m7jf3.jpg) one. You may not like that particular one, but it will give you an idea of how you can make the Pokemon a bit different and more unique.

Also, the best advice I can offer you is to find a tattooist who will sit and draw up ideas for you - this way you know you'll get a 100% unique tattoo, and I always think that a tattooist who is willing to do that is much better than one who won't. I sent my tattooist an elephant design I really liked, and he didn't use that design at all - and drew up something much better than what I thought I wanted. He was awesome!

kotora
05-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Find a really good artist. Not just a decent one, but one whose work really impress you. He'll be able to figure something out.