PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - Coming August 27th 2013 to PC and PS3!

Aulayna
05-23-2013, 04:32 PM

The news some of us have been waiting for has finally landed. Square Enix have officially announced that FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN will be hitting stores and going live on August 27th 2013 on both PC and Playstation 3. Subscription fees start at £7.69 in the UK and €10.99 in Europe.

There are also pre-order bonuses available for players that provide early access, a Cait-Sith non-combat pet and a decorative Mog Hat that can be worn ingame.

Square Enix have also revealed details of the contents of the Collector's Edition. Besides coming packaged in a beautiful box it will also feature a whopping 80-page art book, a bonus disc containing the cinematic events that led up to the events of FFXIV and the start of A Realm Reborn, a soundtrack CD featuring some of the new tracks, five character art cards and a security token to help secure your account. Additionally, as with any good Collector's Edition these days there are in-game bonus items abound: the Helm of Light, a baby Behemoth non-combat pet, a Couerl Mount and Behemoth Barding!

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/05/Collectors-Edition.jpg
Shinies!

For more information about pre-orders and the digital and physical Collector's Editions head on over to the official site (http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/en/product/)!

Will you be returning to Eorzea or starting your adventures there for the first time? Let us know in the comments below and keep your eyes on EoFF for coverage from the beta as it continues next month!

[source: IGN (http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/05/23/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-release-date)]

Loony BoB
05-23-2013, 04:47 PM
I... I don't know if I can resist getting another collector's edition if all that will be included for EU, too. ;_; God damn.

EDIT: Oh, that was from the FFXIV EU site. Well, there we go, then. Shut up and take my money. :(

Aulayna
05-23-2013, 04:50 PM
If you already have the original XIV Collector's Edition you get all the digital contents for free. :) Just depends how much you want the book and the other physical stuff! (which, knowing you, the answer is probably: A LOT :p)

Loony BoB
05-23-2013, 04:56 PM
:excited: A lot, yes.

Aulayna
05-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Have we got a definite plan on what servers we'll be rolling on? Although as far as I've heard any copy of the game can play on any region so it should be fine for me to pre-order the EU one right?

FifthDream
05-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Oh, i'm broke now, but i had to preorder the collector's edition.

Khaotic
05-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Man, I really want the CE but 4 months is such a long wait, I was expecting this thing to be out at the end of june, mid july, but the end of august? :(

Del Murder
05-23-2013, 07:18 PM
To be honest I'm not really excited for this anymore. But I'll play it all the same.

Loony BoB
05-23-2013, 07:33 PM
I pretty much always expected it to be sometime in August. It's good that they're still giving themselves time to fix any bugs that come up. Also, I'm interested to know how early this early access is for Legacy characters...

EDIT: Aulayna, I think we'll know by the end of phase three. I'm still waiting to hear back from two very key members of our Linkshell.

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Didn't they say that Beta 4 will carry into launch? I would assume anyone in Beta 4 would also get early access?

Loony BoB
05-23-2013, 08:16 PM
Didn't they say that Beta 4 will carry into launch? I would assume anyone in Beta 4 would also get early access?
I don't believe Arcanist and other such things will be in Beta 4.

05-23-2013, 08:19 PM
No but they did say character data from Beta 4 would carry into launch!

It would seem weird to offer those who have pre-ordered early access but then deny it to those who already own it or have been beta-ing. I know Legacy peeps will be getting early access, but what about the rest?

I am probably gonna upgrade my Standard copy to Digital Deluxe once it comes out (service will only be available then).

Loony BoB
05-23-2013, 08:54 PM
No but they did say character data from Beta 4 would carry into launch!
And it probably will (for everyone or nobody, too).

It would seem weird to offer those who have pre-ordered early access but then deny it to those who already own it or have been beta-ing. I know Legacy peeps will be getting early access, but what about the rest?
Those with Legacy are the only ones that paid for FFXIV to stay alive during the times when they obviously needed the money most. There were things promised to them and this is one of those things - expect to see a lot of "OMG I HATE LEGACY PEOPLE AND THEIR BONUSES" rage. :p

05-23-2013, 09:06 PM
It was more of a question than hating on Legacy (which is stupid in my opinion). Just seemed like SE are being unclear about exactly what's gonna happen between Beta 4 and Launch. While Legacy is a different thing altogether, I feel that those who are just pre-ordering FFXIV: ARR for the first time and the non-Legacy FFXIV 1.xx owners are pretty much on the same page. So it seems odd to offer early access to one and not the other.

Ouch!
05-23-2013, 10:13 PM
If they don't get it already, non-Legacy FFXIV players can pay $19.99 to upgrade to Collector's Edition status and get early access as well. Given that to receive legacy status in the first place, players had to pay for 90 cumulative days (~$45), it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Khaotic
05-23-2013, 11:19 PM
If you guys decide to play on EU servers, does everyone need the EU copy of the game? or does it not matter? (is there even a difference?)

Ouch!
05-23-2013, 11:46 PM
It does not matter.

chaos7
05-24-2013, 02:34 AM
Only question is whether to get the standard or the collectors I do love the in game items and always LOVE the soundtracks but the art books usually end up in a book case and forgotten, Not that I don't appreciate the art, I just usually have them as desktop wallpapers instead. However the choco armor is pretty cool, and the helm of lights pretty awesome too. I'll have to think about it.

Khaotic
05-24-2013, 05:37 AM
Only question is whether to get the standard or the collectors I do love the in game items and always LOVE the soundtracks but the art books usually end up in a book case and forgotten, Not that I don't appreciate the art, I just usually have them as desktop wallpapers instead. However the choco armor is pretty cool, and the helm of lights pretty awesome too. I'll have to think about it.

Authenticator is nice too if you don't have one already (which I'm not sure if there even is another way to get them).

Freya
05-24-2013, 05:06 PM
Gimme gimme gimme gimmeeee

chaos7
05-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Ya the authentication is defiantly a consideration. However I have a suspicion that they will come out with an app for it since wow and swtor have one (also I'm hoping they will so I can line all 3 up beside each other on my ipod lol). Also I also think they might because some people are going to want the key and not buy the collectors edition for it.

Loony BoB
05-24-2013, 06:56 PM
I can confirm that there will be a mobile authenticator app for Android and iPhone.

Mirage
05-24-2013, 08:33 PM
I can confirm that there already is one.

noobcakes.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-25-2013, 05:31 AM
This collector's edition does look quite nice. I may have to actually acquire it if I get a job/the money throughout this summer and can afford it. I've been wanting to play XIV, but just haven't had the money for new games since its release.

Khaotic
05-25-2013, 07:45 AM
Any guesses on how long the collectors edition will be in stock?

Loony BoB
05-25-2013, 07:49 AM
I don't think it's a limited edition that they'll run out of stock of anytime soon. I'll buy it closer to the time.

Rostum
05-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Does the PS3 CE come with all the same physical items as the PC version? I may get that since I already have 1.0 CE. That way I can also play on both.

Art book, yes please!

Loony BoB
05-25-2013, 10:16 AM
That's what I'm thinking of doing, too. :D

Rostum
05-25-2013, 10:47 AM
That's what I'm thinking of doing, too. :D

Good idea, so what's the best place to pre-order this then? :)

Loony BoB
05-25-2013, 10:50 AM
I have no idea. I'll probably be waiting a little longer.

EDIT:

Have we got a definite plan on what servers we'll be rolling on? Although as far as I've heard any copy of the game can play on any region so it should be fine for me to pre-order the EU one right?
Sorry, a little late: This is correct. Another key EU-based member of our Linkshell has decided to make the shift to NA servers, so it's likely the rest of us will follow suit at this rate. Hopefully it'll work out.

Lumos
05-25-2013, 07:24 PM
I pretty much always expected it to be sometime in August. It's good that they're still giving themselves time to fix any bugs that come up. Also, I'm interested to know how early this early access is for Legacy characters...

EDIT: Aulayna, I think we'll know by the end of phase three. I'm still waiting to hear back from two very key members of our Linkshell.

I have no idea. I'll probably be waiting a little longer.

EDIT:

Sorry, a little late: This is correct. Another key EU-based member of our Linkshell has decided to make the shift to NA servers, so it's likely the rest of us will follow suit at this rate. Hopefully it'll work out.

Personally, I was very surprised at the late August date. I really expected late July, mid August at most. With early access to consider, I think I'm going to have to reschedule my "staycation" plans for August. Initially scheduled the week of the 12th off. Going to move that to the 20th I think...especially considering the week of the 12th looks like complete downtime for anything (beta/early access)...

At this point I really only care about making sure Lumos gets on the correct server (with Vaughn, and our two LS's) and it not filling up before I/we do. Any other playtime I get is pure icing on the cake. Living in Florida, I worry about Hurricanes in the summertime, especially August, and I'm praying to The Twelve that I am not without power or internet on the fateful day that I need to get Lumos where she needs to be.

Pre-ordered the physical PC CE (NA) direct from SE Online Store, as apparently that's the only place we can for NA. I would rather have pre-ordered from Amazon or arranged for pick-up at my local GameStop, but ... oh well... had to order!!

Bob - the "key" members being Tony & Ariya? So ..... NA?!?! That would make things soooooooooooooooooooooo much easier for Vaughn and me! :excited:

Also, I posted on our LS thread over yonder..... would love for you to weigh in on all my spastic questions!

I'm really curious to know if our server selection in Phase 4 is our final server destination, or if final server is selected in Early Access, or on August 27.

Mirage
05-25-2013, 07:52 PM
There will probably be a server change feature, even if it would cost money.

Loony BoB
05-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Also, I posted on our LS thread over yonder..... would love for you to weigh in on all my spastic questions!
Steely! She's confirmed for NA now. I'm nagging Val to see if she's gonna follow, and if she is, it's likely that almost everyone else will, too... hopefully we can always just transfer back if there are lag issues or too few people online during our hours, but I don't think it should be the end of the world.

Aulayna
05-25-2013, 10:09 PM
Can anyone actually find the physical EU collector's edition for pre-order?

Lumos
05-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Steely! She's confirmed for NA now. I'm nagging Val to see if she's gonna follow, and if she is, it's likely that almost everyone else will, too... hopefully we can always just transfer back if there are lag issues or too few people online during our hours, but I don't think it should be the end of the world.

Yay!!! Steely, Val, and EVERYONE!

Ok ~ so I know all my questions are probably spastic, but I was referring to a recent post I made over at that "other" thread that I had made regarding Sargatanas/Linkshells. ;)

Khaotic
05-25-2013, 11:42 PM
Just pre-ordered the CE. Looking forward to playing with everyone!

Rostum
05-26-2013, 12:16 AM

I think these are some:
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition (with early | PC | Video Games | ShopTo (http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/pc/PCFI37-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-collectors-edition-with-early)
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition (with early | PS3 | Video Games | ShopTo (http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/ps3/PS3FI37-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-collectors-edition-with-early)

But I'd just wait until all stores update themselves, such as Amazon.

Aulayna
05-26-2013, 05:43 PM

I think these are some:
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition (with early | PC | Video Games | ShopTo (http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/pc/PCFI37-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-collectors-edition-with-early)
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition (with early | PS3 | Video Games | ShopTo (http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/ps3/PS3FI37-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-collectors-edition-with-early)

But I'd just wait until all stores update themselves, such as Amazon.

Awesome. Though you're right, I should contain myself and wait for it to show up on Amazon etc! Just so excited xD

Rostum
05-27-2013, 02:32 AM
I had to buy it through EB Games locally since it was too much trouble to get from Europe. :( There goes $120... I couldn't help myself.

Yeargdribble
07-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Am I missing something? Is there no PC CE available in the US?

07-05-2013, 04:53 AM
I had a hard time finding the PC CE edition for Canada, in the end I went with SE's own site. Amazon might have it or they ran out. Best bet is SE's store though.

Yeargdribble
07-05-2013, 06:41 AM
I had a hard time finding the PC CE edition for Canada, in the end I went with SE's own site. Amazon might have it or they ran out. Best bet is SE's store though.

Even on the official site they only list the digital version. No physical copy with books and such.

EDIT: Okay, so from what I can surmise, the physical stuff (art book, et al.) only comes with the PS3 CE. The only PC CE seems to be the digital download one.

So obviously if I got one CE, I'd have to get two because my wife would want the goodies too.

I'm guessing I can get one PS3 CE and one digital download PC CE and get all the digital goodies as well as getting one set of the physical goodies.

Problem is, I don't care to play the PS3 version. We'll both be playing on PC. I would assume that it shouldn't matter what disc it comes on if you can log in with your credentials, but I could be wrong.

So is it possible to get one PS3 CE and one PC CE and be able to play both on PC?

Rostum
07-05-2013, 09:27 AM
They did sell the physical CE for PC only through SE's official store. However I think they sold out fairly quickly! This is only for NA I think, as in Europe and Australia we could order through other retailers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You can only play one account on both PC and PS3 if the account has been registered on both (meaning you need to buy both).