PDA

View Full Version : My Playthrough of FFVII (Video/Let's Plays)

ValorsWolf
05-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Hey! Check out my playthrough of Final Fantasy VII! More parts to come soon this is the opening and I will be playing through trying to cover what's important and get the best and coolest items etc. ^_^

My Youtube Channel name is: ValorsWolf

feel free to subscribe, drop comments, opinions, hate, love etc.

RXwh1iai_zM

SteahMeLee
05-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Good idea! ;) I want to do pretty much the same with the difference that my playthrough is focused on having Job classes and damage cap balancement!

How will you behave with character customization? Will you choose a role for any character or will try to maximize as much as you can? :p

ValorsWolf
05-24-2013, 08:50 PM
I haven't really thought about it to be honest! I kind of always just played through sharing materia and passing it between characters I never really did class style playthroughs :O

SteahMeLee
05-25-2013, 11:52 AM
I haven't really thought about it to be honest! I kind of always just played through sharing materia and passing it between characters I never really did class style playthroughs :O

Oh, ok! :D It's just because giving each character a class or a specific fighting style makes them even more characterized! Part of their characterization is also related to how they fight, especially if it fits with the story!

Passing Materia between characters indefinitely is quite messy to me...

Imagine Barret and Aeris switching Materia and having him as a physically weak healer and her as an heavy attacker tank... :eek:

:jess: Hahahaha... It would sound odd... At least... XDDD

ValorsWolf
05-25-2013, 05:09 PM
yeah I get you now.. ahaha.. your example was good :) I might try to structure it a little better now thanks to your advice but don't worry it won't be half as good as yours if that's what you're planning on doing :) I might give you a shout out for the tip though if you don't mind!!

SteahMeLee
05-25-2013, 07:49 PM
yeah I get you now.. ahaha.. your example was good :) I might try to structure it a little better now thanks to your advice but don't worry it won't be half as good as yours if that's what you're planning on doing :) I might give you a shout out for the tip though if you don't mind!!

:jess: Thanks, you make me blush! XD Yeah, I'd be honored to be mentioned in your playthrough! ^_^

You could just say that I'm focused on recreating traditional Job classes in FFs that have free characters development!
You you have played other FFs and not only VII you surely know the traditional Job Classes of the series! They are recurring in many FFs but that concept is not native of the series, classes are a trope since the birth of the role playing games genre...
The FFs series has its trademark classes like the Black Mage or the White Mage that have definite characteristics and often looks! Of course the Magician and the Cleric were included in the RPG tradition but FF has its own versions and the same for other classes!

What I love to do is to recreate these traditional FF classes in FFs like VII, VIII or X where there aren't actual classes although many characters have traits that can be easily referred at the classes, like Aeris being an obvious Mage or Tifa a Monk...

I think that every Materia in the game can be referred to one of the traditional classes! Especially magic and commands...

I can list some examples:

Magic and Summon Materia can all be referred to the casting classes, Black, White, Time Mage and Summoner...

Double Cut is the Barrage or X-Fight, Rapid Fire, Sshot ability of the Ranger class that is able to shoot many arrows at a time. I give it to Vincent.

W-Magic refers to Red Mage Red x2 command used by Red Mages to cast two spells in a row.

W-Item refers to the ability of the Chemist to be more proficient in the use of items (although the ability to actually power up the items used is more common). I also give it to Vincent since I always try to combine the Ranger and the Chemist classes.

Steal is the famous command of the Thief class. Of course it goes to Yuffie.

Throw is the signature commands of Ninjas! Since Thieves and Ninjas are so much linked in the series that are sometimes the same class, I give it to Yuffie as well.

Morph is the Poach ability, sometimes owned by Thieves, other times by Rangers!

Deathblow is a command associated with the Monk class in the recent editions of FFIV (where Yang, the Monk, has it) but I was used to give it to Tifa even before this, I foretold the whole thing! XD :D

Manipulate is the typical ability of the Trainer class to command monsters.

Mime is the command the class of the same name uses!

Cover is the Knights signature passive ability.

Counter is the same for Monks.

Pre-Emptive is also paired with Initiative and is often linked to Thieves/Ninjas.

And there are many equipments like Accessories that are references of the same kind! For example with the Fury Ring you can easily have a Berserker although even while I give Red XIII that class I try to have a more original and elaborate version...

tony12
06-06-2013, 04:01 AM
Valorswolf nothing wrong with posting playthroughs on youtube (tons of people do it....infact I look at playthroughs for games where I am interested in the story to see how it ends but don't necessarily want to take the time to play it myself).

You might not want to talk very much during your playthroughs though. Need to remember that people aren't watching it to hear what you have to say they are watching it to see the video of the playthrough. If you talk to much people will quickly close it and search for a playthrough where the person doesn't talk.

Skyblade
06-06-2013, 04:07 AM
Valorswolf nothing wrong with posting playthroughs on youtube (tons of people do it....infact I look at playthroughs for games where I am interested in the story to see how it ends but don't necessarily want to take the time to play it myself).

You might not want to talk very much during your playthroughs though. Need to remember that people aren't watching it to hear what you have to say they are watching it to see the video of the playthrough. If you talk to much people will quickly close it and search for a playthrough where the person doesn't talk.

It depends on the person. A lot of people do the opposite. After all, they could just go play the game themselves, why would they watch someone else play?

Wit, personality, and insight can count for a lot in a Let's Play. It all depends on what you're looking for.

Sorry, though, ValorsWolf, I have a lot going on and I haven't had a chance to watch yet. But I'll get back to you a bit later.

SteahMeLee
06-06-2013, 09:00 AM
I actually have played the game many times... I was more interested to hear what he had to say...

Anyhow, I want to do my personal playthrough, but without talking and without being too detailed with the game, it would be more to show FFVII played with Job classes that is something you don't find a playthrough so often on YouTube... :p