PDA

View Full Version : Sugar, Spice And Everything Nice

Formalhaut
05-24-2013, 07:25 PM
There's all sorts of delightful, sugary sweets that make you tingle and go ohhh....

I'm talking about the food such as:

And many more. However, some people don't like these treats. And what a great shame they are missing out!

So, what are your favourite diabetic snacks that are unhealthy but you just think 'oh to hell with it' and dive into the cookie jar?

For me, brownies. Brownies are just heaven. As is cookies and ice cream. Delicious.

This thread is sponsored by the Fluffy Pink Party! :kaohappy2

Shorty
05-24-2013, 07:41 PM
safeway carrot caaaaaaake homg

Chris
05-24-2013, 07:44 PM
Carrot cake is delicious, but without the cheese frosting. :( The cheese frosting is just too much for a cake that heavy. Whenever I eat a piece of carrot cake with cheese frosting, I feel like I've been at a buffet.

Pumpkin
05-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Cakes and pies. I do like cookies though, but I love me some cakes and pies. Which I prefer really depends on what kind of each.

Miriel
05-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Love cheesecake. Especially when the crust is like, super thick.
Love caramel brownies.
Love red velvet cake, but only if it's from Ralphs grocery store.
Love hi-chews.
Love fruit rollups/gushers/fruit by the foot
Love the occasional snickers bar, probably my favorite candy bar.
Love oreos and any time oreos appear in anything. IE: Cookies & Cream ice cream, oreo milkshake, oreo pancakes, etc.
Love ice cream.
Love the guava lava smoothie from Robeks. You'd think it'd be healthy right? It's a smoothie. But they put like two scoops of sherbert in there. It's my fav smoothie ever.

I have an insane sweet tooth.

Calliope
05-30-2013, 06:37 PM
I am fond of dates, cough lozenges, plain chocolate doughnuts, cookies & cream or peanut butter & chocolate ice cream, raspberry sorbet, trifle, scones with jam, "turtle" cheesecake, carrot cake and pears.

But if I had to choose for some reason, I'd give them up to keep eating french fries, olives, avocado and kale. Savoury > Sweet.

Pike
06-01-2013, 07:34 PM
MOOSE TRACKS ICE CREAM

Aulayna
06-03-2013, 06:24 PM
http://www.poundland.co.uk/images/8508/original/15297-Mr-Kipling-Angel-Slic.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01621/jaffa-cakes_1621553c.jpg

I have no self-restraint around either of these!

Freya
06-03-2013, 06:44 PM
I love sweets. Candies cookies cakes. When I'm drunk I like to bake strangely enough. I love making cakes and cupcakes then.

noxious.sunshine
06-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Pastel de Tres Leches (3 Milks Cake - it's a Mexican thing).. I love it in small amounts.

Cheesecake - especially kinds like chocoloate with raspberry.

Cadbury Mini Eggs

Godiva Chocolates

Wal Mart has some super awesome Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies. I think I ate the entire box...

My mom's fudge - it's Sugar & Marshmallow Cream - Free. Diabetic friendly, since my dad has Type 2 Diabetes. The only sugar is what's in the chocolate chips.

My mom's brownies. She throws in extra eggs and uses maraschino cherry juice & chopped maraschino cherries & extra chocolate chips & some other stuff. mmmmmmm....

Chocolate covered pistachios & those Diamond Brand Cocoa Dusted/Roasted Almonds. yuummmm