PDA

View Full Version : Comic Book Movies

Scotty_ffgamer
05-24-2013, 09:43 PM
As you all know, comic book movies have been really popular lately. We've had a lot of movies released recently and a lot more on the way. Let's say you have the power to either A) Choose a comic book (super hero or not) franchise which has yet to be explored on film and/or B) Choose a particular story arc from a comic which has yet to be explored in film. Disregarding how it could at all impact any current movie continuities, what would you like to appear on the big screen? Why? (Be sure to mark any spoilers for those who haven't read these particular comics yet).

I would love to see a Red Son film. I would like to say that I hate Superman as a character, but this is still one of my favorite comics out of the few I have read. It has a unique perspective on Superman, and it is just a well written story.

Gzussaves
05-25-2013, 01:17 AM
Axe Cop.... I think thats all i need to say lol

Scotty_ffgamer
05-25-2013, 02:54 AM
Did you know they are making an Axe Cop tv show? Are you visualizing an Axe Cop movie that is animated and very much in the same style of the comics, or are you visualizing a live action, more big budget affair that just uses the same kind of writing? I feel like a big budget, nice looking Axe Cop film with the same writing as is in the comics would be very amusing.

Loony BoB
05-25-2013, 07:29 AM
I don't know about film as most of the comics I've read have already been adapted. What I would love to see is an X-Men live action TV series a la Heroes, and for it to be faithful to the comics from start to finish.

Wolf Kanno
05-28-2013, 09:19 AM
I would love to see an X-Men film that faithfully adapted either Executioner Song, Fatal Attractions, or the Age of Apocalypse story arcs as they are easily the three best written stories in the X-Men series and at least a 100x better than that overrated Dark Phoenix Saga that every single X-Men related medium feels they have to do their own take on...

In terms of an original series, I want to see an animated film based on Johnny the Homicidal Maniac (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_the_Homicidal_Maniac).

Pike
05-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Red Son film.

YES YES YES YES YES YES

Del Murder
05-28-2013, 06:29 PM
A movie on the Marvels mini-series could be good.

Flaming Ice
05-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Give beast and nightcrawler their own movie and I'll be happy.

And make a more interesting captain america/hulk (with she hulk and those villains)/iron man. All three were pretty boring.

Depression Moon
05-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Black Panther movie and a She-Hulk/Howard the Duck sitcom ala Harvey Birdman.

Pike
05-28-2013, 07:38 PM

Gambit: The Movie

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/girnny777/spongebob-wallet.jpg

Scotty_ffgamer
05-28-2013, 11:52 PM
I want to add to my list that I think Kingdom Come would be pretty awesome, and I also think Spiderman Reign would be a pretty good movie too.

Forsaken Lover
05-29-2013, 12:43 AM
I didn't see the Dark Knight Returns or whatever and I know it had Bane, but I don't think it had Azrael. That was a key point of the series - Batman being replaced by another Batman. It demonstrates the unrivaled mental fortitude and power of Bruce Wayne that he can walk that razor's edge. Having someone else in his shoes, seeing them try and fail to be him, makes you appreciate Batman even the more.

JPV could also be a very tragic character if done right.

Flaming Ice
05-29-2013, 03:59 AM

Gambit: The Movie

Yeah, gambit's pretty cool too but I always like blue creatures/people the best lol (yeah, it's odd to pick your characters by favourite colours but I really like both beast and nightcrawler regardless).

I didn't see the Dark Knight Returns or whatever and I know it had Bane, but I don't think it had Azrael. That was a key point of the series - Batman being replaced by another Batman. It demonstrates the unrivaled mental fortitude and power of Bruce Wayne that he can walk that razor's edge. Having someone else in his shoes, seeing them try and fail to be him, makes you appreciate Batman even the more.

JPV could also be a very tragic character if done right.

I thought the movie needed a bit more of something though......it's part of the reason I usually like cartoons better, ofttimes so much more is done with the action sequences that it seems more excitable.

Pheesh
05-29-2013, 08:11 AM
In terms of an original series, I want to see an animated film based on Johnny the Homicidal Maniac (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_the_Homicidal_Maniac).

Oh my god, I would watch the shit out of that (obviously).

Pike
05-29-2013, 10:47 AM
Yeah, gambit's pretty cool too but I always like blue creatures/people the best lol (yeah, it's odd to pick your characters by favourite colours but I really like both beast and nightcrawler regardless).

Beast might be my favorite. I would watch the heck out of a Beast movie.

Forsaken Lover
05-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Kelsey Grammer Beast was one of the few redeeming traits of the third X-Men movie. He needs his own movie.

Frickin' perfect casting choice there.

Wolf Kanno
06-05-2013, 02:10 AM

Oh my god, I would watch the trout out of that (obviously).

Funny thing I found. (http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/03/03/eccc-vasquez-mahfood-bring-their-comics-to-life-with-titmouse/) Hope it will actually come to fruition.

Depression Moon
06-05-2013, 02:37 AM
I'd like to see Static get a movie too.