PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Trip

Scotty_ffgamer
05-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Lately, I've been really wanting to go on a short road trip with friends. Unfortunately, money and schedules will probably make this not happen. However, this desire has gotten me reminiscing about some great trips I've been on. So my question to you, EoFF, is this: What has been the best trip you have ever taken?

For me, it was a trip I took to New Orleans last year for a Sigma Tau Delta conference (it is an English Honor society). The conference itself was great. I got to read one of my poems there and I also was able to hear a couple of stories other people had written which were fantastic. Aside from that, it was also great being able to hang out with people from my college's English department (we are all pretty close), and New Orleans was just a cool place to explore for the time I was there.

Pumpkin
05-24-2013, 10:00 PM
I haven't really been the most fortunate in the way of getting to travel :(. I would have to say coming down where I live now to visit sharky.

Going to Italy is on my top things to do in life though so fingers crossed that I can do that one day.

Loony BoB
05-25-2013, 07:33 AM
I'll have to split it into two because I can't decide between them.

Because of the location: Stockholm, Sweden. Every place I looked at was beautiful, and naturally the people are freaking beautiful too because Sweden. The sun was out, we went into RIB boats (yay for RAS syndrome) and scooted around the place, there were students everywhere partying because they had graduated, the food was great... it was just amazing.

Because of the people: Los Angeles / San Luis Obispo / Los Osos. I met some simply wonderful people on this trip and I can't wait to go back and meet even more of them, and of course meet the same people I met all over again, too. :)

Pike
05-25-2013, 07:35 PM
Obviously going to the UK is going to be the winner for me. Northern Ireland especially because it was gorgeous and the accents were wonderful. A+ would listen to Norn Iron all day. Also Belfast is fantastic.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-25-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm sure my favorite trip will change once I have a chance to outside of America. The coolest place I've been is probably Alaska.

DanielCLFFF13
05-25-2013, 08:23 PM
As for me going to mountains, forest and still much more, a place that far away from the city and still have trees and flowers all around that places or untouch by humans hand. Yeah that kind of places.
Maybe these images will explain what I mean.

For my favorite trip for now. When I went to Lembang. That place still have trees and flowers, well althought not all of them. Because there were a few place like Lembang that I could visit in Bandung. Especially when the fog comes, it feels cool. Smoking, while drinking coffee. Chatting with friends. Laughing, sometimes ignorant to friends who are dating, and much more. If I wrote everything might not be enough, I guess. It was a moment I will never forget. But this is my opinion.
These pics show a little part of Lembang.
These photos was taken when I was in junior high school. So I'm sorry if the quality of these photos is low, because these photos were taken using a mobile phone camera.

Parker
05-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Cyprus.

My dad lived there at the time, in an Army barracks area, so it was ideal. It didn't have all the tourist shit and the locals were extremely friendly. It was probably among the best two weeks of my childhood, I loved every minute.

Unbreakable Will
05-26-2013, 03:41 AM
My favorite trip was when I was ten years old;

My grandparents and my aunt and uncle all rented a giant van together and made the trip down to Charleston S.C from Springfield T.N.
I watched movies and slept the entire way down, and once there I got to see the town I was born in! There was beaches galore, divine cuisine and plenty of things for ten year old me to enjoy!

Pheesh
05-26-2013, 06:32 AM
I travelled around America for 9 weeks. It's not even a contest.

I Took the Red Pill
05-26-2013, 12:04 PM
My friend had gotten his hands on some really good acid, and well...

Oh not that kind of trip

Four friends and I rented an RV and drove from Upstate NY to Panama City Beach FL for Spring Break last year. The drive was around 22 hours. It was the frattiest thing I've ever done. Getting wasted on the beach every day for a week and watching promiscuous beauties walk by in bikinis. That was my favorite trip.