PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Boss Fight?

Aulayna
05-24-2013, 10:30 PM
Which boss did you enjoy fighting the most in FFVII?

For me it has to be Proud Clod because I thought it was the perfect manifestation of Scarlet and Heidegger's insanity and egotism.

Plus it had a giant gun ;)

Jowy
05-24-2013, 11:22 PM
The first time through was JENOVA Life. The music combined with being the most difficult boss encountered so far is what sells that encounter. Nowadays I want to say the Demon's Wall; Keep Great Gospel up and enjoy your last few minutes with Aerith by just turbo-dunking the hardest boss on disc one.

Sephiroth
05-25-2013, 12:11 AM
Bottom Swell or all Wutai bosses. Wutai is like an anime filler. You don't need it to proceed with the main story but it is amusing, interesting and gives you extra details, both Corneo and the Gods. The fights alone are not much for me, I need to connect them with their story part, except I would say Ruby but I don't since it is just a gag boss.

Chris
05-26-2013, 01:47 AM
Which boss did you enjoy fighting the most in FFVII?

For me it has to be Proud Clod because I thought it was the perfect manifestation of Scarlet and Heidegger's insanity and egotism.

Plus it had a giant gun ;)
Hahaha!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130103173049/finalfantasy/images/0/09/ProudClodFFVII.png

Unbreakable Will
05-26-2013, 03:08 AM
That first boss, Barrett cracked me the hell up for some reason when I first played. :jess:

TreasonWall
05-29-2013, 08:49 PM
No idea, maybe Sephiroth (I consider both forms to be a single boss fight) or Godo. Honeslty, gameplay-wise, the opponents are a bit lackluster in the creativity department in this game, at least compared to other FFs.

Skyblade
05-30-2013, 07:16 PM
That first boss, Barrett cracked me the hell up for some reason when I first played. :jess:

"Attack when its tail is up"

Ok. Attack!

Tail Laser.

WTF, man!

"It'll counter attack with its laser!"

Oh, thanks for the warning, jerk.

Chris
05-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Yeah, is that some kind of translation error, or what? It's so mean. :(

Dragonfire
06-16-2013, 11:05 PM
Jenova-LIFE... The fight is just so darn emotional with that music and what just happened. I still sometimes 16 years later have a lump in my throat during that fight. Without using speedrunning strats, it's also a very difficult fight, which you don't wanna lose otherwise you have to watch "that" again.

Sephiroth
06-17-2013, 12:31 AM
Jenova-LIFE... The fight is just so darn emotional with that music and what just happened. I still sometimes 16 years later have a lump in my throat during that fight. Without using speedrunning strats, it's also a very difficult fight, which you don't wanna lose otherwise you have to watch "that" again.

Difficult? A water-type boss? You don't need anything except something against it. Difficult if you try it for the first time and don't know anything and are not prepared (intended or not). But this boss can easily be prepared for in general.

Dragonfire
06-17-2013, 08:24 AM
oh i agree but i find alot of casual players dont know what to use or just forget to prepare for it.

Greatermaximus
06-17-2013, 09:01 AM
The last turk battle in Midgar Undersiege I believe and a tie with the 'final' Sephiroth after safer. After playing it for a bit I didn't use Omnislash. You win anyway. There might be a handful of people who don't know why, and will have to find out still. :)

Tardar Sauce
06-21-2013, 05:45 AM
Demon Gate, when I first faced him I was vastly underleveled and Aerith only had about 740hp and died very quickly against him, now I always look forward to the challenge he presents.

sir helix
06-21-2013, 08:14 PM
When I was a kid I struggled against Reno. I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the pyramids.