PDA

View Full Version : Did you like the new characters?

Jinx
05-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Most of the characters in FFX-2 were reintroduced from FFX, and the player was already acquainted with them. So, what did you think of the new characters that were introduced?

I wasn't huge on Paine. I thought she was too much of a stereotype. She was that "tough girl who has a heart of gold" which I just think is way too overplayed. And I didn't really find her story so terrible or whatever that she should have this hidden past.

I HATED the Leblanc Syndicate. They're a little bit more bearable after they become your friend, but I honestly believe they're a big reason why people don't take this game seriously.

I love Nooj, Baralai, and Gippal. I think they're all brilliantly written, and I wish we had more time with them.

So, which new characters did you like/not like?

Sephiroth
05-25-2013, 12:14 AM
I like Shuyin and Lenne very much. The fact that they are dead already makes their story more tragic for me than everything sad about Yuna and Tidus.

Karifean
05-25-2013, 12:18 AM
Out of the Leblanc Syndicate, Logos was awesome. Didn't care for the other two, though.

All three of Nooj, Gippal and Baralai were pretty cool. I liked them.

Finally Shinra. Shinra is badass. He's my favorite superboss in the entire series. When he speaks in his demonic form, it's very intimidating. Really not just a kid. Plus, he's the one who brings the Creature Create system to life. Gotta love him for that. (The 100% Creature ending is pretty weird though)

FFfreak1
05-25-2013, 06:20 PM
I hated Nooj because he was ugly. All the other characters were okay though.

Shauna
05-25-2013, 07:47 PM
I hated Nooj because he was ugly.

Poor Nooj. :( It's not his fault he was hit by every branch on the ugly tree.

Chris
05-26-2013, 08:36 PM
I hated Paine. Like you mentioned, just too stereotypical. :(

Forsaken Lover
05-27-2013, 01:37 PM
The Crimson Squad group were all cool. Paine was certainly the least cool but she had her moments. Like the Respect Points scene with Rikku.
I liked that these three former friends eventually became the de facto leaders of Spira.

Love me some Shuyin. Actually almost redeemed Tidus' outfit, JAT's voice was pretty awesome for him and the whole story between him and Lenne was very touching.

Also this counts for both the Crimson Squad gang and Shuyin but the Den of Woe was perfect.

Freya
05-30-2013, 07:30 PM
You know, I enjoyed every bit of this game. All the new characters included. I just liked it. EVEN THE CLOTHING CHANGES. It was fun! I liked nooj. Paine wasn't a bummer for me either, i thought she was neat.

Depression Moon
05-31-2013, 12:12 AM
I actually liked the Leblanc Syndicate, but that's about it for this game other than the battle system.

Bloodnight
06-10-2013, 05:49 PM
I think Paine is cool, even if she wasn't talking that much. lol
Shuyin and Lenne are really cute couple.:love:
LeBlanc and Co didn't bother me.