PDA

View Full Version : Next Beta Phase

chaos7
05-24-2013, 11:51 PM
So isn't there suposto be another beta phase and does anyone have a date obviously before the release. :P I remember hearing June tho.

And if you what server because I heard from the last beta phase they will be keeping character data so if I could get onto the same server that the linkshell will be on that would be cool.

Aulayna
05-24-2013, 11:53 PM
The next Phase is Phase 3 and is supposed to be in early June.

Then there will be Phase 4 which I suspect will be late July/early August and it's data from Phase 4 that carries over to release as far as I know. :)

Ouch!
05-25-2013, 12:09 AM
As Aulayna mentioned, Beta Test Phase 3 will begin in "early June". They have not yet announced the official start date. Since they've usually started them on Fridays, my best guess is Friday, June 7.

In Phase 3, you will be able to import your character from version 1.x if you have one. Progress will be wiped at the end of Phase 3. You will then be able to import your character again for Phase 4. That progress will be saved and will carry over into official release. However, beta servers are not the same as the final release servers. You will choose a new server again when the game officially releases. No worries about trying to match everything up in beta.

chaos7
05-25-2013, 12:38 AM
That's good. I'm super exited for this game. I just hope it doesn't turn out like wow and swtor were I have 3-4 maxed character at end game just standing around in town lol.

Freya
05-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Isn't beta 4 more open? Open beta? Or something, idk I heard it in passing and wasn't sure. I have yet to get into any of the beta phases :( I wasn't a legacy player so they must not like me.

Ouch!
05-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Beta phase three begins June 14 according to the Live Letter.

mini ninja
06-01-2013, 09:43 AM
May i ask you guys if i understand this right... http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf
Thats the beta roadmap and so the phase 3 says this: " All FFXIV service account holders qualify as testers in phase 3. (http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf) ,
So my question is that as a Ver 1.0 player i'm in ?? or am i excited here for nothing xD ?

Loony BoB
06-01-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm pretty sure that's right.

Raistlin
06-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Yeah, that was the original plan, though admittedly I haven't heard anything about that since. But phase 3 will only be on weekends for a while (home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/150365-final-fantasy-xiv-live-letter-scholar-confirmed-realm-reborn.html), so there will still be some waiting.