PDA

View Full Version : What one movie are you really looking forward to coming out and why?

Gzussaves
05-25-2013, 02:18 AM
Everyone always has that one movie that they wait for what seems like forever to go see.. my last one was Les Miserables.. as soon as I saw the first glimpse of it I had to see it.. and i did at the very first showing which i normally dont do because i like a quiet theater

But for the next movie I am looking forward to is....

Brick Mansions... it is basically an american remake of District B13 but it still has David Belle a crazy good parkourer(is that a word? it is now damnit)

How about you guys?

Jinx
05-25-2013, 02:22 AM
I've been waiting for Great Gatsby since 2011. I still haven't seen it. ;-;

Same with Star Trek, which I have been waiting for since 2009!

My current movie is definitely Catching Fire in November.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-25-2013, 03:00 AM
For me, it's the new Ender's Game movie that's being made. I haven't seen any trailers or anything for it; so, I don't know if it's looking like it will actually be good. I love the book though.

Also, The Great Gatsby. Hopefully I'll remedy that one this coming week, though.

Loony BoB
05-25-2013, 07:05 AM
The various X-Men movies. I know, I know, they can be kind of uninspired at times to say the least - but I just love the X-Men.

Most movies I don't look forward to, though. Almost every favourite movie of mine is one I just watched and was pleasantly surprised by. :)

Del Murder
05-25-2013, 06:47 PM
Star Wars sequel. And Avengers 2.

Shorty
05-25-2013, 10:37 PM
The first thing that comes to mind is Man of Steel.

Rostum
05-26-2013, 01:05 AM

Wolf Kanno
05-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Sadly, I keep missing Goro Miyazaki's films, they keep getting released as low profile art films so I still haven't watched Tales from Earthsea and I recently learned I missed From Up on Poppy Hill.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_Up_on_Poppy_Hill)
I'm not a big movie person anymore, and it takes something special to really pull me out to see a movie, I mean I'm finally going to see Iron Man 3 tomorrow night because my father wants to see it. Star Trek is probably going to be next week. Yet the only film I'm really looking forward to if it ever makes it out of pre-production is Battle Angel Alita which James Cameron is never going to make because he's too busy making his anvilicious environmental alien snuff films... (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=58122)

Beyond that I don't have anything I'm particularly looking forward to.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-26-2013, 07:36 AM
I had a couple of qualms with it, but From Up On Poppy Hill is an excellent movie. Considering how I've pretty much universally heard that Tales from Earthsea is trash (including from the author of the books the movie is based on if I remember right), it was a pleasant surprise. I recommend you watch it, WK.

Shiny
05-27-2013, 06:06 AM
This. I have know about it for two years. Needs to come out now.

I have also been waiting for 47 Ronin.

krissy
05-27-2013, 06:13 AM
i'd like to see another movie that's as good as fight club

Calliope
05-27-2013, 06:44 AM
The World's End, because I love Simon Pegg.

Pheesh
05-27-2013, 06:52 AM
This is the End and the new Star Wars movie.

EDIT: Also, Noah. The concept to me still seems iffy and it's not normally something I'd be interested in, but Darren Aronofsky is one of my favourite directors, Clint Mansell is doing the score, and Emma Watson is in it so my interest is piqued.

Shaibana
05-28-2013, 10:02 PM
the avengers... the hunger games and the hobbit.

and for some reason im looking forward to the new Superman, man of steel, movie.
i have never really liked superman. but knowing that Henry Cavill (jaaj! :3) will be superman is cool...
and the trailer looks awesome. i dont really like superman as the icon, but this movie seems to be more about the origins and it got me interested

Depression Moon
05-28-2013, 11:14 PM

I'll also say Ender's Game and Avengers 2.

I'm not too sure how I should feel about Spike Lee remaking Old Boy.

Shauna
05-28-2013, 11:15 PM
World War Z. It's gonna be a glorious train wreck.

Del Murder
05-29-2013, 01:19 AM
It's one thing to be interested in seeing a train wreck, but to look forward to one? That's truly sadistic.

Mirage
05-29-2013, 01:28 AM
None, really, but maybe Thor 2 just to have answered something. I'm not a looking-forward-to-things person.

Shorty
05-31-2013, 06:44 AM
Saw the preview for World War Z and it indeed looks interesting, but I had not the slightest idea whatsoever that it had anything to do with zombies based on the commercial I saw.

Brad Pitt is looking gooood, though, tell you what.

Shauna
05-31-2013, 09:37 AM
It's one thing to be interested in seeing a train wreck, but to look forward to one? That's truly sadistic.

I'm not really looking forward to the trainwreck aspect. :( I thoroughly enjoyed the book, and there's a glimmer of hope by some trick of fate that it won't be too awful. I am looking forward to it being better than I think it will be!

Pike
05-31-2013, 10:55 AM
I don't really summon up a whole lot of anticipation for movies these days. Like there are some that look good, but it's not going to kill me if I don't see them.

Slothy
05-31-2013, 01:11 PM

As far as World War Z, I'm not so sure about that one at all. I'm put off by the fact that they basically paid for the name and then slapped it on a completely different movie. The CG also looks absolutely terrible. Maybe it'd be decent on its own merits, but I'm not sure I want to support movie studios paying for licensing rights to a name so they can try and trick people into seeing a totally unrelated movie.

charliepanayi
05-31-2013, 02:00 PM
They probably saw how many people flocked to see I Am Legend despite the crappy CG and screwing up the ending of the book and thought 'let's try that too!'

Pike
05-31-2013, 02:01 PM
I actually kind of want to see World War Z. I know it has nothing to do with the book whatsoever but it looks like a good popcorn flick.

Shauna
05-31-2013, 02:06 PM
Actually! I am excited to see Glasgow dressed up to be America in WWZ. :excited: