PDA

View Full Version : Which long running franchises have you played every game in?

Aulayna
05-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Or which ones are you missing a couple from? Are you a die-hard that picks up every title or someone who just checks in from time to time?

I know for some franchises there have been Japanese exclusives so if you've played every game in the franchise apart from the ones only released in Japan then you can count that too! It needs to have had at least 3 games though!

For me:

Legend of Zelda. It's no-unkown fact that I love this series. I've played them all including the Four Swords ones on GBA/GameCube and even beat the Master Quest version of OoT that came with the Wind Waker.

Metroid. Even the obscure Metroid II on the GameBoy! Super Metroid was probably my favourite 16-bit era game.

Soul Calibur. My favourite fighting game. Although sadly the more recent instalments have been rather whaff and too online focused. I miss the days of Edge Master Mode and where every character had a story etc

Mass Effect. One of the best triology of games of the past generation for me.

SSX. Love it! Although I wasn't overly impressed with the re-boot in this generation, I felt it strayed too far from it's core of fun over-the-top gameplay in favour of putting hazzards and gimmicks in.

Kingdom Hearts. So hardcore I even completed Chain of Memories on the GBA (and hated every second of every battle :p)

There's probably more but this is what I can remember off the top of my head.

krissy
05-25-2013, 03:02 PM
mirror's edge

CimminyCricket
05-25-2013, 04:36 PM
I've played, but not beaten, every FF game in the main series and most of the ones outside of it. I have played, and one two of, the FF Legends games for the GB, Mystic Quest and Crystal Chronicles. Only really liked the Legends. It use to be I would buy all the games with FF on them, but in recent years they've been throwing the name on anything and everything and now I can't be bothered to pick them up.

Disgaea is my baby. I own every release of the game and when I run into a PS2 version out in town, I buy it up and save it until I find someone who hasn't played, but wants to, so I can send it to them. I think I've sent Disgaea to at least 4 EoFF members xD. My obsession is so bad I've owned 8 copies of the first Disgaea for PS2 alone. I purchase all the games that take place in the universe the game is set in rather than all the games that characters appear in. Hopefully NIS doesn't take the Square-Enix route and publish games with Disgaea on them just to cash in on the namesake.

Soul Calibur. My favourite fighting game. Although sadly the more recent instalments have been rather whaff and too online focused. I miss the days of Edge Master Mode and where every character had a story etc

I love Soul Calibur and have been playing it since Soul Edge (which I still own). It is one of the few fighting games I actually enjoy playing and probably the only one I'm actually any good at.

Mass Effect. One of the best triology of games of the past generation for me.

Can't add much.

Kingdom Hearts. So hardcore I even completed Chain of Memories on the GBA (and hated every second of every battle :p)

This is funny to me because I couldn't finish the first KH because I couldn't find Alice, but I picked up CoM and loved it! I even contributed to the front site section for it since I liked it so much. Don't have my copy anymore, because I trade it and a few other game boy games in to prove to myself I wasn't emotionally attached to my pokemon oldest game boy/game advance games.

Mirage
05-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Star Ocean: Played all except Blue Sphere.
Final Fantasy: All except Dirge of Cerberus, and portable console games. Oops, no crystal chronicles either.
Soul Calibur: Every game except the one on PSP (or was it PSV, I forgot).
Mass Effect: All games.
Command and Conquer: All games, including Renegades and Generals + Zero Hour.
Tekken: All except portable console versions.
Zone of the enders: Both games. -edit- Except the GBA game.
Metal Gear Solid: All games. Except Snake Eater 3D, but that's basically the same game as the regular Snake Eater.
Disgaea: All of them, except ports to portable consoles.

There might be some sort of pattern in how i always exclude portable games. I'm not sure why that would be.

Pike
05-25-2013, 05:23 PM
The Elder Scrolls: Played all the games in the main series. I really need to figure out a way to play the side games.

SimCity: Played considerable amounts of 1, 2000, 3000 and 4.

Deus Ex: Sort of; I never could get Invisible War working. I tried, though!

Pretty soon I'll be able to add Fallout to the list.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-25-2013, 05:51 PM
For me, it would be the Metal Gear series (including 1 and 2... but not Snake's Revenge). I guess I still have not played Portable Ops, Acid, or Rising.

I have played every single Kingdom Hearts game except Re:Chain of Memories (I played the GBA version). Actually, except for Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance, I've played every game at least twice. The first game I've probably played at least 5 times.

I'm working on beating every Final Fantasy. I have II, V, XII, Revenant Wings, XIII-2, Theatrhythm, Dissidia 1 and 2 left (not including XI and XIV). I also have the Tactics series to beat Someday I'll get there.

Del Murder
05-25-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm only going with series that have 4 or more games. There's too many 3-game series to list.

Super Mario Bros. - I've played all the Mario platform games with the exception of the new ones for 3DS and Wii U, but I will play them eventually.
Final Fantasy - I think I've played every game with FF in the title except cell phone games and DoC (which I'm sure I can be forgiven for).
Donkey Kong - Again, these are just the platformers (not jungle beat or whatever), but I've played them all from the original DK & DKJ to DKC Returns for Wii.
Kingdom Hearts - Technically I've played them all but not all versions of all of them (you know RE: Chain of Memories etc.), but I think it counts.
God of War - Played them all, including the PSP games, with the exception of the new one but give me time.

As much as I love Zelda, Metriod, and Castlevania, there's just too many of those game and they span too many different systems and genres for me to have played them all. Though with Zelda all I need is Oracle of Seasons and Four Swords (not counting the crappy ones not made by Nintendo).

Mirage
05-25-2013, 07:12 PM
Oh yeah i forgot those. I have played all Donkey Kong Country games, including the one on the Wii.

Del Murder
05-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Yes, but have you played Donkey Kong Jr. Math (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_Kong_Jr._Math)?

Shaibana
05-25-2013, 09:47 PM
ive played Tomb raider from the 1st game..
i remember very well when my dad played that game i would sit next to him.. he couldnt get anywhere without my help :P

im starting to follow Resident evil since last view years.
my first RE was Re5.. after that 4 and then 6 and now Revelations :D

Formalhaut
05-25-2013, 10:48 PM
I am proud to say I've played every single Professor Layton game. :D

EDIT: Oh, I've also played every main series of the Sims. 1,2 and 3. Looking forward to 4 when it comes out!

Dat Matt
05-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Pheonix wright - for all that have been released in the west. Looking at you Ace Attourney investigations 2! Also the 2 others that are coming out soon, they should be localized here.

Smash Brothers - New one this year is gonna be sweet.

Mario Kart - Fecking Love me some mario Kart.

I am also working on the LOZ series. Only have Spirit Tracks, Majora's Mask and Four Swords adventure to play, and skyward sword to finish. Getting there.

Wolf Kanno
05-26-2013, 07:00 AM
Hard to say actually... I'll just do series that have more than three entries, and I will say that I count "playing" as being a few hours of the game and I won't count demos.

Final Fantasy - Barring FFXIV, I've played all the mainline numbered entries. When it comes to side games, Japanese exclusives, cell phone titles, or sequels is where I fall off the bandwagon. I've played many of them but I'm far from having played all of them and I don't have any interest to either.

Persona - Barring the Japanese only cell phone games and P4 Golden on the Vita, I've played and owned every entry released in the series. Much like Cim, I've bought P3/P4 several times just to give them to friends and family members who haven't played the series.

Metal Gear - Is much like FF, where I've played all the canonical titles except Revengence (can't bring myself to), but outside of Ghost Babel, Portable OPS+, VR Missions, Metal Gear AC!D and Metal Gear Rising Revengence, I've played everything else and despite my whining that Kojima should move on and let the series rest, I'm pretty sure Ground Zeroes and MGS5 are in my future because the man does good things with the series.

Street Fighter - Seriously, I used to be obsessed and while I haven't actually picked up the Super versions of SFIV, I have spent many a night getting my ass handed on them by friends. I used to love this franchise but it peaked for me with the Alpha Franchise.

Breath of Fire - Barring Japan exclusive side games and the ports, I've played all Yes, NeoCracker, there are five entries and you need to get over your delusions (http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/bof/bof5.htm) entries and its one of the few franchises where I can honestly say I feel the series gets better with each new entry.

NeoCracker
05-26-2013, 07:12 AM
The Dragon Quarter conspiracy streches far, that it does.

(I've played all the US launches of it too, and barring Dragon Quarter, a damn good argument could be made they were getting better with time, and I agree, though my own bias's keep 2 as my favorite. :p)

I've played all four Lufia titles. 2 is far and beyond the high point.

Every numbered FF, and most of it's spinoffs (FF XIV I haven't played though, nor XIII 2).

All Non-handheld Tekken and Soul Calibur Titles, and all Zelda (Except Ages, Seasons, and the one on DS after Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword. :( )

Most series like this I'm only missing a couple games. :(

Del Murder
05-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Oh yeah, I've played every US released Dragon Quest and Breath of Fire game if you use Neo's definition for Breath of Fire. :)

NeoCracker
05-26-2013, 06:29 PM
I didn't play most non-numbered DQ games, only non numbered one I played was Joker.

Del Murder
05-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Oh, I've only played the numbered ones. Not monster rancher or whatever.

Chris
05-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Broken Sword franchise. The first two games are CLASSICS! I hate the switch into 3D. It took away the magic! Luckily, they're returning to 2D with the new installment Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse.

Raistlin
05-27-2013, 12:54 AM
Uh, the only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Suikoden series. I've at least played, if not beaten, almost all of the main-entry FF series except for FFII (I should probably get on that some day). I also need to catch up with Breath of Fire and Metal Gear Solid (at least the main games). I've kinda fallen away from some of the new games on my old favorite series, like Super Mario Bros.

escobert
05-27-2013, 01:59 AM
Guild Wars :p

Loony BoB
05-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Final Fantasy - The 'main' titles (FFI-XIV). I've played many of the others, too, though.
Mass Effect - Played all three.
Uncharted - Played all three. Haven't played the spinoff Vita title, though.
Warcraft - Played all three. World of Warcraft doesn't count (although I've played about a minute of it).
Dune - Played Dune, Dune 2, Dune 2000. Not sure if there are any other games in the series. :p
Resistance - Played all three. Haven't played the PSP/Vita title, though. Assuming there is one... xD
Duke Nukem - Played all four.
Streets of Rage - Played all three.

There might be more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Psychokitty
05-30-2013, 05:07 PM
I played all the Golden Sun Games. :D

Freya
05-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Assassin's creed

Mass Effect
Lego games :shifty:
Dragon Age
Harvest Moons :shifty:
Pokemon :shifty: (yes pokepark, guardian signs and ranger are all included.....)
Marios (Yes tennis and the like. and the ds versions. I'm not good at them but i do enjoy them)
Katamari :shifty:

Neiryu
06-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, Persona, Dragon Quest, Suikoden, Lufia, Front Misson, Seikens, and a few more.

Polnareff
06-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Arrrrrrrgh! I'm gonna be here all night.

Mega Man - out of all the 150+ games, the only ones I haven't played were the cell phone games, because there was no way to get them in the US. I've beaten about 90% of the ones I've played.

Street Fighter - played every game in this series too.

Ah hell, might as well say I've played pretty much every Capcom game. It's just about true.

Same for Square.

And same for Sega as well, at least the console stuff.

Throw NIS in there as well.....and......and.......

DMKA
06-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Now that I think about it I don't think there is a single franchise that I've played every game for.

There's no Mass Effect games other than the three, right? I've played all those. x)

Shoeberto
06-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Half-life, Quake, and Doom, if you don't count BFG edition (it's just an HD upgrade).

I'm fairly close with Final Fantasy and MGS, too.

Rantz
06-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Ace Attorney is the only one I can think of. I guess Warcraft too, if just 1, 2, and 3 count.

NeoCracker
06-28-2013, 09:45 PM
I've also played every WIld Arms entry, even the PSP one. :p

ANd yeah, throw me in for all four Lufia games.

Polnareff
06-28-2013, 10:18 PM
You played Crossfire? Did you beat it? I could never get past that stupid mission where you have to run away from these guys who keep blocking your path. :(

NeoCracker
06-28-2013, 10:30 PM
I didn't, it felt to easy after a while. :p

Pro tip, the guy with the spear who can do Weapon Break? If you use that one class that gives a person garunteed hit, it makes his weapon Break 100% as well. ;P

Denmark
06-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Pokemon, main series: I haven't played Pearl, White, or White 2, but since they're all functional copies anyway, i don't see a problem with this.

Shorty
06-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Nothing where I've played every single game. The closest would be the Silent Hill and Tomb Raider franchises.

CimminyCricket
06-29-2013, 02:42 AM
I just remember Onimusha, but since they haven't had a game since the PS2 I don't think it counts. I miss Onimusha.

Shaibana
07-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Pokemon, main series: I haven't played Pearl, White, or White 2, but since they're all functional copies anyway, i don't see a problem with this.

aaah yes, im with you there!!
i found a download on piratebay with all the gameboy pokemonīs and played all generations! :D
after that i managed to download Black and now i am playing black 2!