PDA

View Full Version : Eyeson F.C. - Conference National: Media Predict 24th (last). Currently: 2nd

Loony BoB
05-25-2013, 11:10 AM
BoB Plays Football Manager 2012
Eyeson F.C.

The year is 2011. The location, Yorkshire - just north of Whitby. Over the past three years, global warming has kicked in specifically in this one location of the UK, and the weather is now something similar to the Mediterranean coast of Spain. Scientists have put their finger in the air and concluded that the weather is here to stay, and entrepeneur Sean "Cid" Robinson has invested heavily, converting the area (including nearby locales that were destroyed by a outbreak of confused and bafflingly unheard of 'chocobo') into a city... a city named Eyeson.

A combination of the insane amount of funding from Cid, the incredible amount of jobs created in all fields, the speed at which construction progressed, the employment of top talent from around the world to lead the city forward in education, health, recycling and energy, the incredible weather and spectacular views (and of course the now domesticated chocobo), the population of the UK and beyond have streamed into the 24/7 city. In three short years Cid has created a city comparing with London in population. It is unprecedented to say the least, but Cid had a dream that united the world, and it became reality.

One thing was missing, something the American hadn't considered at the time: A football club. Cid invested what little funds he had to spare into creating a football stadium. Sure, it wasn't massive, and most of the people who had migrated to Eyeson either didn't follow football or already supported another team. Still, there were enough people to warrant a nice stadium and he had the forward-thinking to ensure it had expansion potential for decades to come. And so, Aiyonfield was born on April Fools Day, 2011. Eyeson Football Club - quickly nicknamed The Chocobos by the locals.

Cid quickly got his staff together - WarrenW, MichaelC and Austin had worked hard to promote the club and the city itself and they would be his board. Next he needed a manager, someone who enjoyed scouting players. He didn't need to look far, and employed someone who also came from overseas (in this case New Zealand) and had lived in the UK since he was 18. A Manchester United supporter but a stalward of Eyeson City since day one, Daniel Towns - locally known as BoB - had been getting to know a lot of people who had moved to Eyeson recently.

BoB knew a lot of free agents were now based in the UK from around the world. He put together a club made up mostly of English players. There were, however, a handful of Scots and Irish, a couple of Gambians, a Welshman, and even players from Guyana and Congo. The reserve squad - locally known to as the Failridden - were mostly locals who hadn't played much football, and they played in a small stadium set aside for them which was dubbed The Thunderdome. A youth team - The Newbies - was set up.

Kit was established based on the classic colours of Eyeson (so, dark blue and black) and alternative kits were based on colours seen in certain locales of Eyeson, notably the infamous Aeris Reborn café Cid invested in back in 2005 (long before he had plans for an entire city) and Under the Sea, the aquarium-themed nightclub that's positioning reflects it's name.

At the end of the 2010-11 season, BoB's dream was given an unexpected lift when Solihull Moors Football Club was found to be guilty of mass dogging. The Moors were thrown out of the league. Due to poor communication from the FA, no team applied to take their place and thus a spot was missing in the Conference North (aka Blue Square Bet North). Cid and BoB, however, knew of the dogging due to the boasting of a local man known only as Steve bragging about how many birds he had shagged. He had laid claim to being the entire reason the Moors were thrown out, and this led to enquiries being made and Eyeson F.C. was officially named as the new club for the Conference North for the 2011-12 season. It was on. It was on like Donkey Kong.

Psychotic
05-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Thunderdome :love:

You have my sword. Or my gifted right peg. Whichevs. Think of me as a Thomas Muller RM/WF/AM/SS kind of player.

Wait a minute, Conference North, 2011-12...? Must I have to face my own... why, they even got promot... no... no, I must put that out of my mind. My loyalty is to EoFF. It must be.

Loony BoB
05-25-2013, 01:55 PM
And with my leading post out of the way, for those confused: This is an EoFF version of Football Manager 2012. For my previous attempt at one of these things, see my FM08 thread here (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/114699-eyeson-f-c.html).

Positions up for grabs are:

GK: Scotty (Scotty_ffgamer)
GK: Available

DC: Boobs (Tifa's Boobs)
DC: Shauna
DC: Psychokitty
DC: Available
DR: Shoden
DR: Available
DL: Burtsplurt
DL: Available

MC: Pike
MC: MILF (I'm my own MILF)
MC: Laddy
MC: --- still scouting
MR: Psychotic
MR: Available
ML: Raistlin
ML: --- still scouting

ST: Jiro
ST: Available

Obviously there will be backups and so forth (particularly midfielders, strikers and fullbacks) but these will be the key positions to ask for. It's highly unlikely that I will be putting in attacking mids, defensive mids etc. because I like to keep the same formation forever and ever and ever in my playthroughs to avoid having to adjust to various new formations all the time.

Depending on transfers, some people might need to change player every now and then. I'm probably going to skip the signing of players and pre-season so I can play the game while I wait for people to sign up in this thread. I'm literally starting off without a squad. So far I've signed five players, lost out to another club on one and have another five transfers likely to come through soon before I start looking at non-wagers (paid per appearance types).

EDIT: It seems that a few of the Chocobos arrived early and decided to have a pre-season friendly against Raith. They lost 2-3, but it wasn't completely rubbish considering they were playing alongside the bouncers from Under the Sea who were, to put it lightly, not dancing in the club for a good reason.

WtUqbFHxWaA

Pike
05-25-2013, 05:20 PM
YES! YES I WANT IN! :hyper:

I don't care what position you put me down as xD

Madame Adequate
05-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Mister Adequate on the MC

Raistlin
05-25-2013, 05:59 PM
I played outside midfielder in high school (mostly left, but some right), so put me down for one of those.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-25-2013, 06:00 PM
I want in. In real life I'm a goal keeper that has been professionally trained, so you should put me there. Goal keeper is the best! I've played every position and would take anything though except for defense. My coaches always thought I would be a good defensive player because of my size, and I always hated it/sucked at it. Not that that matters in the game.

Loony BoB
05-25-2013, 06:30 PM
You're all in. :up:

Jinx
05-25-2013, 06:32 PM
CAN I BE GOALIE?

Loony BoB
05-25-2013, 06:43 PM
CAN I BE GOALIE?
We already have our main goalie who will probably need to get injured before you get much gametime - although the backup's first name in their pseudonym (:shifty:</>) is Sam...

See the third post in the thread for details of what is avialable.

Jinx
05-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Okay, just put me wherever, then. :)

Burtsplurt
05-25-2013, 07:16 PM
I usually play left back, despite being more comfortable on my right foot.

Jinx
05-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Also, my name on here should be Boobs.

Jiro
05-25-2013, 07:23 PM
I will be your target man in the box. With more pace than anyone else on the pitch, I can make the breaks and finish with finesse.

Do alright with my head too.

Ladies. :aimsun:

Laddy
05-25-2013, 07:41 PM
Put me in. Idc where.

Loony BoB
05-25-2013, 07:46 PM
EDIT: Thought I'd upload the 'inbetween' match I hadn't put up earlier...
_Osud5wgCmo
...and now back to the original post.

---

All three of you are now listed (Jiro didn't play this match). Unfortunately, it was a sole goal against Partick Thistle, but when you're an English team and the Scottish team you're facing pays it's players about three times as much as you do, you know you're going to get beat. This is mostly about getting match fit, and we're slowly getting there.

Dm7n3TJlJ84

We also have phased out almost all of our hobos, so we're nearing a complete team. Some people simply refuse to drop their psuedonyms, though, so if people don't claim their positions soon then I'll be forced to make players reveal who they are against their will.

EDIT: I should have you in before the next pre-season game, Laddy. =]

Shauna
05-25-2013, 07:53 PM
I have no idea what is going on, but sign me up for the lulz.

Shoden
05-25-2013, 09:19 PM
I was a fairly good right back in school, not as quick as I was but I can kick a ball still!
I shall do the name of EoFF PROUD.

Burtsplurt
05-25-2013, 09:40 PM
That second goal looked like my fault. Fine me!

Scotty_ffgamer
05-25-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm getting rusty it looks like.

Loony BoB
05-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Just the one goal in this game. We dominated but couldn't get our shots on target for the most part - unfortunately a slip-up at the other end let them claw the win.

3Hnklj_fJYs

Our signings are almost done now. I think one or two more players - a left midfielder or defender along with another central midfielder (or two) should fill a couple of gaps, but we do have some versatile players in our team.

Psychotic
05-25-2013, 11:33 PM
Can't wait for the Hinckley United game.

Psychokitty
05-25-2013, 11:35 PM
Need a player?

Why not Psychokitty? I'll go wherever I'm needed. ;D

Loony BoB
05-25-2013, 11:35 PM
Another friendly failure, this time against a team in the league above. We had something like one shot on goal, which is the peach of a shot from Laddy that somehow got given as an own goal by the keeper.
FQNP6XQz2bc

EDIT: Psy, guess who we play first? xD Also, I'll add you in, Psychokitty. :)

Scotty_ffgamer
05-26-2013, 12:40 AM
Watching these makes me feel like I need to practice more. But that really will have no impact on the game, haha.

DK
05-26-2013, 12:51 AM
up front, paulo wanchope style

Old Manus
05-26-2013, 01:21 AM
CM/FC reporting in. I remember the FM08 thread fondly.

Skyblade
05-26-2013, 01:24 AM
If you have an empty spot, add me in. Let's see if you can shift my opinion of football.

Shoden
05-26-2013, 02:46 AM
Curse Gateshead! :( We will have revenge one day. ONE DAY.

Psychotic
05-26-2013, 02:50 AM
EDIT: Psy, guess who we play first? xD Also, I'll add you in, Psychokitty. :)If it's Hinckley United, I want to tell you all right now that my dentist's office is in Hinckley. As such, I will be scoring own goals otherwise he is likely to rip all my teeth out!

I say that, he's actually a Liverpool fan. :cool:

Psychokitty
05-26-2013, 03:19 AM
Woohoo, I'm in. I'm part of something bigger than myself. My life... Is complete.

Now to fulfil all my other goals.

Loony BoB
05-26-2013, 09:16 AM
Well, here we are!

http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/squad.png

http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/staff.png
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/info.png
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/facts.png
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/facilities.png
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/tactics1.png
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/fixtures.png

Hinckley.

5jPJ15qQT5s

http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/dirtydirtyhinckley.png

Also, here, have some snippets from my amazing custom database...

Journalists I've Been Interviewed By So Far
Kotaku Sport: Wes Moore
The EoFC Podcast: Tara Croft
Mognet: Stiltzkin
Eyeson News: Award Cactuar

Favourite People: RSL, Dr Unne
Supporter Profile (out of 20): Loyal (20), Passionate (20), Patient (20), Affluent (12) Temperament (10)

It's a brand new club created from nothing rather than edited from another club. We have no history and no records, so we are creating our own history/records with these games. I expect we'll struggle a lot in the first season and quickly build after that. The players I've signed were all free agents that I signed over a long period on a previous playthrough (they played a lot better on that one, admittedly, hence me picking them out) and we're currently still lacking in center midfield and left wing options, I'm hoping we'll solve that within the next gameweek or so. Should anyone ask to join in that hasn't bee named already, they will probably get one of those players named after them (if they 'sign up' before the player plays their first game!).

Oh, and spot the familiar faces from the FM08 playthrough amongst the staff. :) Jess was our top scorer, smitten our solid goalie, Cz a defender, blim a winger (I think?) and Braska Spira was Failridden for the most part but did play a few matches as a defensive midfielder.

For anyone interested in my tactics, when I play these games I tend to keep it on attacking at all times, a direct but disciplined approach during early stages that becomes more fluid as I move up the leagues. I deploy wingers rather than wide midfielders, and I like wingbacks, too (not the position on the tactics grid, but the mentality). I rotate my squad heavily with the exception of defenders and goalie, who don't use up their stamina so quickly. I like to think that this allows them to form an understanding which in turn gives us a better defence.

Boobs is our captain, Raistlin our vice.

EDIT: It's come to my attention that we have to Cz's on our books due to a mixup by an administrator. The Cz who is backup keeper is actually LN (Lost Number).

EDITRA: Okay, so I played another match and this time I thought we were on the way to our first victory when, at half time, we had utterly dominated the game. They must have put something in the water, because they were a different team in the second half. :( Bastards.

35DbYkDSqWQ

Pike
05-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Ahahahaha I'm totally Scottish and it's great

Burtsplurt
05-26-2013, 11:04 AM
According to the stats, I appear to have lost 6 years. You must be using my Nigerian birthday.

Aulayna
05-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Put me in if there's still space. I don't care where!

Psychotic
05-26-2013, 12:16 PM
DAMN YOU HINCKLEY! That is seriously not good mate. Hinckley are a bag of balls. They got relegated this season with 7 points and a GD of -106!

Loony BoB
05-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Ahahaha, that's amazing. xD

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse...

HKFPvOgnTjg

...they got better. Phew! The rubbish quality of these uploads means you don't get to fully appreciate the last goal, where Shauna booted the ball up field, Manus grabbed it, moved in, chipped the ball high over the keeper and Jiro headed it in. It was pretty great.

EDIT: I just realised that I can set the quality to 480 or 720 on YouTube uploads. I'll try one of each, see how it works out and then update all the YouTube videos to fit what I prefer going with. Expect to be able to see the ball soon!

EDITRA: There, fixed.

Shauna
05-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Aww yeah. :cool:

Loony BoB
05-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Okay, that's every video updated to 720 quality. I do suggest checking out that last one, the final goal is one I'm proud of my players for. =]

Jiro
05-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Manus for celebration of the year all years

Psychotic
05-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Good result... but shocking pink kits for the officials? Hahaha what the fuck. It's the Conference North not the Turkish Super Liga.

Loony BoB
05-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Some quickfire matches now.

Away to Vauxhall
JwVx73sovg4

Away to Corby
MHk9EEGWoj0

At this point we were sitting 19th, one spot above the relegation zone. Our target from the board is that we'll avoid relegation, so technically we're not doing anything we shouldn't be, but I'd certainly like to improve and Boston United was a 'must get a point' match for me. I wasn't going to go defensive, though. Our boys are still lacking in match fitness and I'm doing all I can to rotate and get everyone used to playing. We're getting there. Gunning for a win, I know the boys have it in them after that 5-2 vs. Harrogate. That team was tipped for 7th this season and the teams we've lost to - always by just one goal, notably - were all tipped for lower spots, which is a little concerning.

Home to Boston United
pTexLvez19U

I wanted three points and we had them up 'til that fucking Suarez fellow showed up. God damn that name is a pain in the arse sometimes. I bet he had a mouth like a horse and everything. Still, a point put us up to 17th, so I'll go with it.

Psychotic
05-26-2013, 02:48 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/suarez_zpse1c3e9e7.jpg

You know you love it. :aimkiss:

Good to briefly see myself, there! How long until we must play my hometown? And where are they predicted to finish, out of curiosity? They finished 5th in reality (and got promoted through the playoffs) although they had a points deduction through fielding an ineligible player so they would've otherwise finished 3rd.

Loony BoB
05-26-2013, 03:28 PM
See the squad pic earlier? There's a link under it, expand to see the fixtures amongst a large number of other large images such as the staff etc.

Rocket Edge
05-26-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't mind where you put me BoB!

Loony BoB
05-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Good, because you're already a striker. >=]

Shoden
05-26-2013, 06:57 PM
We have to unite our powers to summon Captain Planet, he can lead us to glory. That will surely help!
Also I'm apparently 5'3 now XD. WELL NOW.

Psychokitty
05-26-2013, 08:05 PM
xD I lost three inches, but I made up for that in increased age! At least it got my nationality right! I'm looking forward to being in the game, even as a bench-warmer. xD I noticed I have some killer strength, though.

Raistlin
05-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Damn, Jiro was a beast in the Harrogate game. Good to see my player get an assist!

Jowy
05-26-2013, 09:22 PM
BACKUP GOALIE!

I still get paid at the end of the day.

Loony BoB
05-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Actually, backup goalie (already taken I'm sorry, but keep posting and at the end of the season I'll switch names around to those who are most active in this thread) only gets paid for games he plays...

Jowy
05-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Actually, backup goalie (already taken I'm sorry, but keep posting and at the end of the season I'll switch names around to those who are most active in this thread) only gets paid for games he plays...

Awwww. Rain all over my parade why don't you?

Pheesh
05-27-2013, 01:44 AM
I'd like to be involved considering I just started playing FM myself. I'm not picky so wherever you can fit me in, whenever possible :D

DK
05-27-2013, 02:21 AM
God damn we score some full on sweaty goals, it's terrible xD

Lost Number
05-27-2013, 04:17 AM
In the grand tradition of kids picked last for sports teams ever.

Psychotic
05-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Actually, backup goalie (already taken I'm sorry, but keep posting and at the end of the season I'll switch names around to those who are most active in this thread) only gets paid for games he plays...That's kind of harsh actually. I hope he has a proper job as a trolley supervisor at Morrisons or something. Does the game cover that?
God damn we score some full on sweaty goals, it's terrible xDSWEATY BUM TIME

Loony BoB
05-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Actually, backup goalie (already taken I'm sorry, but keep posting and at the end of the season I'll switch names around to those who are most active in this thread) only gets paid for games he plays...That's kind of harsh actually. I hope he has a proper job as a trolley supervisor at Morrisons or something. Does the game cover that?
Sadly not. But he can leave whenever he wants... since he's month to month, I imagine he's just using this as free training while he waits for his big break in the Premier League.

The uploading started to cock up last night, so I'll give it another shot tonight when hopefully things will start working again (it stopped uploading in HD for some reason)... unless perhaps YouTube has some kind of restriction in place. Dunno. But yeah, I'm a few games ahead now and the one I have to put up next deserves a text highlight reel, it was a crazy game. Teaser: there was a straight red in the 16th minute.

Lost Number
05-27-2013, 03:00 PM
I serve out of sheer love for my town, obviously. I'd do it for free, if the game covered it!

Scotty_ffgamer
05-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Got some internet for a few minutes. Just want to say, BoB, that you've inspired me to get Football Manager. I've never played any of games like this, so it will be interesting. 2013 was on sale on Steam so I couldn't pass it up!

Hopefully I'm pulling my weight as goal keeper in the games we haven't seen yet!

Jinx
05-27-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm TEAM CAPTAIN. :D

AND ALSO IRISH

Psychokitty
05-27-2013, 09:01 PM
I wonder how I'm doing, or if I'm still the best benchwarmer in the team...

Loony BoB
05-27-2013, 09:03 PM
You are indeed a good benchwarmer, although you have made three appearances off the bench so far (if I recall correctly). You might get a few more appearances as someone got banned for four games, and I think they share your position.

Jinx
05-27-2013, 09:09 PM
You are indeed a good benchwarmer, although you have made three appearances off the bench so far (if I recall correctly). You might get a few more appearances as someone got banned for four games, and I think they share your position.

WHO!!!!1

Raistlin
05-27-2013, 10:17 PM
I see Psychokitty is a DC, which means it was either Boobies or Shauna. I bet it was Shauna, wasn't it? smurfing Scots always causing fights!

Shauna
05-27-2013, 10:22 PM
:laughing:

Pheesh
05-28-2013, 01:05 AM
I just want you to know that I can't look at the title of the thread without thinking "Eyes on Fat Chicks". So thanks u_u

Aulayna
05-28-2013, 09:01 AM
I look forward to seeing screen shots of EoFC Managed By: Poop Butt

Loony BoB
05-28-2013, 09:05 AM
I see Psychokitty is a DC, which means it was either Boobies or Shauna. I bet it was Shauna, wasn't it? smurfing Scots always causing fights!
Actually, Psychokitty is rather versatile and can play at the center/right of defence and midfield. ;)

Didn't get the time to do this last night, should be fine for tonight though. :D I managed to at least get the next match uploaded in HD.

Psychokitty
05-28-2013, 09:45 AM
And I have a whopping 17 strength. How's that for your d20?

Burtsplurt
05-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Have any of us being called up to the England squad yet? If not, I blame the manager for not getting enough out of an immensely talented squad.

Loony BoB
05-28-2013, 02:28 PM
I think Dan has been called up to the Gambian squad.

Goldenboko
05-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Don't let me get picked last like in dodgeball :(

Shoden
05-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Have I got sent off yet by any chance? Refs don't like me. :(

Rocket Edge
05-28-2013, 10:04 PM
My morale is pretty low at the moment guys. Don't even feel Irish anymore (what Nationality am I? Can't make out). Sometimes I wonder if I even chose the right profession. :aimsad:

Psychotic
05-28-2013, 10:13 PM
I think you're following in the footsteps of Mulumbu and LuaLua, my DR Congolese friend!

Loony BoB
05-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Eyeson Lineup:
GK: Scotty
DC: Shauna
DC: Boobs (c)
DL: Bubba
DR: Heath
MC: MILF
MC: Croyles
ML: Raistlin
MR: Skyblade
ST: Jiro
ST: Manus
BENCH: Burtsplurt, Shoden, Pike, Psychotic, Rocket Edge

00:15 - An aggressive start and MILF tees up Manus who thumps a thirty yard piledriver... over the bar. Good start, though!
04:42 - Heath throws in to Manus who in turn feeds a ball for Skyblade on the right side of the box, the cross is great but Densmore blocks and it rolls to Twiss who clears the ball out of the box... Croyles wins a jumping contest for it and it ends up at Raistlin's feet, a shot for the corner of the goal misses.
07:39 - Raistlin is given a yellow for a heavy challenge on McCarthy. All end to end football so far, although Eyeson definitely getting the better shots in.
15:26 - Jiro seems to be struggling to keep the ball despite being a common receiver of it, and they've won it back again. Pass goes to Twiss, and - ooh, that's a bad tackle by Heath, two feet, studs showing and it's a straight red. That's a big blow in such a high tempo game... no huge complaints from the rest of the Eyeson team and Heath's already walking off. Jiro heads off immediately afterwards with Shoden keeping the back four complete. Manus is up front on his own now.
17:30 - A looping cross to McCarthy from deep and he heads right at Scotty, a comfortable save.
28:00 - Reeves on the edge of the box, passes back to Densmore, it's being crossed in but it's poor, it bounces backwards off the legs of an unsuspecting Altrincham player and lands at Danylyk's feet, oh that's a great shot, and a great save! Right towards the corner of the net from 25 yards out, on the volley too, a real cracker. Scotty managed to get his fingertips to it, that's a corner kick.
29:26 - The corner is immediately cleared and eventually ends up with Manus, and Densmore runs straight into him and that's a simple yellow. I don't know why he's appealing to the ref.
31:17 - A free kick in the Altrincham half is a very long ball, but nicely done too - Reeves has got past the last defender and is on his way, but Scotty has a long run from his line and manages to catch the ball and clutch it to his chest before he can get to it - it was very close.
32:10 - Another collision between Raistlin and Densmore, both on yellows, those two need to be careful. Words are spoken, but they get up and carry on.
37:00 - Raistlin has a shot inside the box but it's right into a defender. The ball is cleared and Shauna attempts for the ball and gets nothing but the legs of an Altrincham player, and she's picked up a yellow card for her efforts.
38:29 - Shoden, MILF and Skyblade string some passes together on the right and then Skyblade gets a running start at a ball, taking it down the side of the pitch, there aren't many options here, in slides the cross and OH! GOAL!!! Somehow Manus got the speed to reach it, he's managed to get a sliding shot in and the keeper barely moved! Eyeson, one man down, one goal up!
41:40 - Shoden runs up the right this time, the cross would have been good if someone were there to reach it but it dribbles straight past everyone and out for a corner on the other side of goal. Skyblade takes the corner... it's in! GOAL!!! Shauna climbs high above Flynn, and somehow the ten man team are two nil up!
48:40 - Obamwonyi takes a professional foul right on the edge of the box, bringing Manus down as the two of them raced for the ball. Skyblade takes but it's cleared wide, although it's still in Eyeson possession as Manus is first to it. Ooh! Obamwonyi knocks down Manus again and it's a free kick. Ooh! So nearly 3-0! Raistlin's kick goes straight into Shauna's head and this time Spackman is able to do better, parrying the ball away, great save. Shoden almost manages to reclaim it as a few players struggle to gain control of the ball as it bounces around the penalty area, but in the end Densmore clears.
51:24 - "Ooooh!" goes the crowd as Danylyk takes fires in a bullet shot but it just doesn't dip enough to fall under the bar.
52:24 - Skyblade picks up a yellow for tripping a player.
55:19 - A free kick to Altrincham on the halfway line, Brown takes but it goes over everyone, Scotty collects - oh! No, he doesn't! It's bounced off his legs, straight to Twiss who squares the ball to a charging McBean and there's only Shauna in front of him, but he's not stopping for anyone at this speed, he runs right past Shauna - GOAL!!! - he's tapped in for one of the easiest goals we've seen this season. 2-1 to the away team, but the home side have momentum.
58:55 - MILF and Raistlin trade a couple of passes and MILF deflects the return pass forwards, a nice through ball to Manus, oh, GOAL!!! Right into the corner of the net, no mistake, no extra touch needed. 3-1, Eyeson make a quick reply!
62:00 - Thrown in to Altrincham ten yards from the goal line, Brown takes, McBean knocks it straight back to him and he crosses in and - GOAL!!! Oh, he didn't think that would happen - right into Scotty at high speed and the goalie hasn't handled it, he's simply waved his arm, it's bounced off it and straight into the net. That is embarrassing, although it must be said it was a thumping cross if ever there was one. I think we can call it a shot although I'm not sure it was on target. 3-2.
64:00 - Another free kick for the red and white, this one sails over the bar safely.
67:11 - Hotchkiss collects the ball from Obamwonyi just inside the Eyeson half, passes to rightback, it's hoofed up to McBean 30 yards out, Croyles has tackled the ball but it's gone towards goal, six players scramble for the loose ball 20 yards out, Shoden and Brown run into each other but Shoden manages to knock it away but it's once again goalwards, Shauna runs and tries to knock it away but it's still going towards the goal line, Hotchkiss has slipped in front of Shauna, GOAL!!! About ten yards out and nothing but keeper to beat, straight into the corner, no contest. It's 3-3! Altrincham have a point, can they make it three?
71:50 - Bubba takes a free kick in front of goal, it's over the wall but straight to keeper.
72:51 - Beeson picks up a yellow for a rough tackle on MILF in the Eyeson half.
76:35 - Pike (on for Raistlin five minutes ago, Croyles now out wide left) gets a sharp shot in from distance but it's blocked by a player, it ends up with MILF who takes a less powerful shot and it sails into the keeper's arms.
77:29 - Shoden... MILF... Skyblade... Skyblades cross is long, direct and powerful and flies past the keeper to the far side of goal, oh, Croyles vs. Denmore & Spackman, Croyles, GOAL!!! He made it look easy! Eyeson are back in front, it's 4-3! This game is MENTAL.
87:52 - McBean collects a through ball and slams his foot into it, the ball streaks towards Scotty who can only deflect it to his defender who clears for a throw-in. Lynch soon gets a shot from wide but Scotty is able to keep it in his arms this time, not that it was ever on target.
90:45 - The ball is being passed directly towards Eyeson goal through multiple players and Lynch can't collect it before Shauna slides the ball to Scotty.
91:31 - Eyeson aren't done yet, Burtsplurt - on for Croyles - is running down the left and puts in a very nice cross, a few players go for it but I think it's Skyblade who connects - poorly, though, and it bounces in the air and Spackman has no problem.
90:00 - Full time and that was really some game!

wX3wQY4RzB4

Raistlin
05-28-2013, 11:44 PM
Scotty, man, I'm sorry to say this, but you gotta step it up. Wtf were those first two goals against you?

Scotty_ffgamer
05-29-2013, 12:10 AM
Always blame the goalie... *shakes head.

The internet I'm getting right now sucks too much to watch the video, but based on the recap I'm only really disappointed in one of the goals against me. In real life neither of those first two goals would have happened against me, but oh well. We won and that's what matters.

Shoden
05-29-2013, 03:36 AM
Whey, I didn't do too badly at all.

Pheesh
05-29-2013, 03:41 AM
Ooh! So nearly 3-0! Raistlin's kick goes straight into Shauna's head and this time Spackman is able to do better, parrying the ball away, great save.

From the wording I just imagined that Shauna is standing in the box and the ball simply thuds off of her head as she remains unmoving.

Skyblade
05-29-2013, 03:55 AM
So I set up three of those goals. I am such an awesome team player. :)

Loony BoB
05-29-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm just really proud of you guys for getting four goals and a win with just ten men.

Jiro
05-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Being a man down for that long, and with me having to sub off to make sure our defence was alright, I am thoroughly impressed at how the team rallied and snagged the three points. God damn fucking marvellous. Seems our manager knows his shit.

NeoCracker
05-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Perhaps it is time I overcome my cocaine addiction and join the team again!

*Tosses away the crack pipe and grabs a helmet*

Psychotic
05-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Perhaps it is time I overcome my cocaine addiction and join the team again!

*Tosses away the crack pipe and grabs a helmet*By helmet you do of course mean pair of shinpads.

NeoCracker
05-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Some of the drugs are still in my system. Yeah, that's it...

:shifty:

Loony BoB
05-29-2013, 08:33 PM
So, with little happening off the pitch, let's see how our "predicted for 20th" team gets on...

rX58v6FqGNM
NugQ8pbIm7s
6BC6KMX626Y
F2Jf37rrCPQ
G4Ob5P1hC-k

Although we didn't win them all, we played some of the best football we've played this season against Colwyn Bay and Bishop's Stortford. Excellent work! We're now 7th in the table!

I may play a few more games 'live' through the chatroom like I've done once or twice. I'll make them move a little slower so the live commentary is good.

Tempted to officially rename Shauna to The Big Black Beast in the Box, because damn, that girl can score headers like it's nothing. She gets a lot of headers that go straight to the keeper, too. She is a freakin' ball magnet when she's in there. Also, her and Boobs are a quality central defence.

Also, Dan, yellow carded for diving in the box in the last match and the game even said "Deserved his yellow card" next to your name for the rest of the match. Ahahahaha, I died.

Psychotic
05-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Also, Dan, yellow carded for diving in the box in the last match and the game even said "Deserved his yellow card" next to your name for the rest of the match. Ahahahaha, I died.True Dan Diving Story: One time we played against some ponces online on Pro Evo. They were ponces because if we'd choose Iraq, they'd choose Argentina. Anyway, in the third game of the series, they choose Brazil. Fair dues, we choose France. We then spend the entire game mashing the dive button. Passing it between the back four? Dive. Running up the wing with no-one around? Dive. Goalkeeper has it in his hands? Drop the ball to his feet, and dive. We picked up 5 yellow cards before we got a message telling us to play properly. We sent one back saying we were playing The French Way. They promptly quit.

Loony BoB
05-29-2013, 08:58 PM
xDDD I love it. Also, Jiro's had a great idea of inventing songs. For what it's worth, the player ratings so far are (five games minimum - we've played 12)...

7.48 - Shauna
7.28 - Croyles
7.13 - Skyblade
7.05 - Jiro
7.04 - Raistlin
7.04 - Rocket Edge
7.03 - Bubba
7.00 - MILF
7.00 - DK
6.96 - Manus
6.93 - Pike
6.93 - Shoden
6.93 - Burtsplurt
6.89 - Boobs
6.78 - Psychotic
6.75 - Scotty
6.70 - Laddy
6.36 - Heath

Psychokitty has 6.70 from four games, Cuch has 7.20 from two games. Demon Dude, Mikztsu and Lost Number have all yet to play.

I'd say Shauna is easily most deserving of a song, but go for whoever you like really.

Shauna
05-29-2013, 09:04 PM
:cool:

Shoden
05-29-2013, 10:33 PM
I'm not doing too bad at all, despite just being a defender. XD

Raistlin
05-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Damn, I kicked ass in that Colwyn Bay match! And Shauna is a ridiculous beast with her head.

Dan looked about 8 miles offsides in his first goal haha, though you didn't see far enough back in the clip to see when the ball was passed.

DK
05-30-2013, 03:35 AM
my goal in the last game with Donal's assist was a pure chuckle nation darius vassell goal, I loved it.

dunno about everybody else but I've got the Chant for Pauw, in true glorious LFC fashion all you have to do is chant the ghostbusters theme song with the word "dun" and then just scream "Psy-Chotic!" instead of ghostbusters. DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN-DUNDUN! DUNDUNDUN-DUN-DUN! DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN-DUNDUN PSY-CHOTIC!!!

pure anfield tradition right there son. also yeah our team are proper nasty from corners for some hilarious reason it's great.

Psychokitty
05-30-2013, 04:18 PM
6.70? I'm not the Least Valued Player? WOOHOO!

Loony BoB
05-30-2013, 04:33 PM
To be fair, you've only been used as a sub so far (I think you might have had one start) and subbed-on players have difficulty getting a really good or really bad rating, and tend to hover around 6.6 (I think that's the starting rating for any player on the pitch?).

Heath
06-01-2013, 05:54 PM
15:26 - Jiro seems to be struggling to keep the ball despite being a common receiver of it, and they've won it back again. Pass goes to Twiss, and - ooh, that's a bad tackle by Heath, two feet, studs showing and it's a straight red. That's a big blow in such a high tempo game... no huge complaints from the rest of the Eyeson team and Heath's already walking off.

I am so proud of myself :D

Though there is a small amount of heartbreak at the Colwyn Bay result. I lived there for roughly 12 years! Up The Seagulls, etc, etc.

Loony BoB
06-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Oh, btw. The next game is against top of the table Stalybridge, who, needless to say, are favourites despite us being the home side.

SIDE: Scotty; Burtsplurt, Boobs, Shauna, Shoden ; Raistlin, MILF, Pike, Skyblade ; Rocket Edge, DK
BENCH: Cuchulainn, Bubba, Croyles, Psychotic, Manus.

Game will be played live through #eoff whenever someone shows up and demands I play the game immediately (and I'm there and can do it).

Rocket Edge
06-01-2013, 08:55 PM
7.04 player rating. :smug:

Dan I tried to imagine it with the ghostbusters theme and lol'd.

Cuchulainn
06-02-2013, 03:09 AM
Oh, btw. The next game is against top of the table Stalybridge, who, needless to say, are favourites despite us being the home side.

SIDE: Scotty; Burtsplurt, Boobs, Shauna, Shoden ; Raistlin, MILF, Pike, Skyblade ; Rocket Edge, DK
BENCH: Cuchulainn, Bubba, Croyles, Psychotic, Manus.

Game will be played live through #eoff whenever someone shows up and demands I play the game immediately (and I'm there and can do it).

The fuck am I doin on the bench? I'm going to speak to my agent.

Loony BoB
06-02-2013, 09:37 AM
dQKSlfhpdsw
Shauna & MILF rocked, Boobs and Raist were good, Edge had a poor game (skied a penalty), it was very much us dominating in the attack despite their domination int he possession. I played the full game this time, watching every minute, and it was a pretty good'un. Cracker of a shot by MILF, though, I loved it. The pass for the second goal was great from Pike, too.

We're up to 4th!

Dan got injured near the end, and is out for 6-8 days, so Jiro can expect to play and if things get troublesome, Demon Dude might make an appearance.

EDIT: Re-uploaded after I noticed it didn't upload some goals.

Tasura
06-02-2013, 10:27 AM
I'd like to be a member of the team, whenever you get a free spot :D.

o_O
06-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Daniel I need to be in this Daniel pls.

I am striker and I will kick your balls into goal.

Loony BoB
06-02-2013, 10:38 AM
You're both on the list! Keep posting to improve your chances of being the next player signed. :D

In other news: I won Manager of the Month after coming 2nd earlier, and Shauna got 2nd & 3rd for player of the month on those two months. We drew Hinckley in the FA Trophy third qualifying round. Finally, Sheffield Wednesday is now our parent club.

Also: Eyeson F.C. (4th) vs. Hinston (13th)
RSAdiSNmDn8
:( I thought I'd give some players a few minutes to improve match fitness, and this was how the entire team repaid me.

Psychotic
06-02-2013, 10:48 AM
We drew Hinckley in the FA Trophy third qualifying round. :argh:

Loony BoB
06-02-2013, 11:12 AM
ZkBfw6pV574
This game was dominated by us despite them being higher in the league. We were thumping in shot after shot after shot, and the difference between this game and the previous one was massive. Despite this, it did take us a long time to get any shots on target - we were 0-0 at half time, and the first goal popped up at the 78th minute.

Raistlin got a torn hamstring and is out for 3-4 months, which is a massive blow as I've had Bubba (Leftback/wing) alternating with Raistlin (left wing) and Burtsplurt (Leftback) with no real backup outside of Croyles who can do a little on the left when needed (okay, he won us a game from there). I've signed an 18 year old with potential and am looking to sign another left mid alongside him. So expect a couple of new faces! Will be tough to pick from them but I'll go by the people who have been nagging me most for a spot. #eoff does favours in this regard, people, as does posting in this thread. :D

Dan's been called up by Gambia again!

Psychotic
06-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Is there no transfer window?

Also oh man it's nearly time for the GRUDGE MATCH of ALL MATCHES. Please, for the love of God, start me in that game.

Old Manus
06-02-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm disappointed. Histon are so bad that I honestly think we ourselves could actually beat them in real life.

Loony BoB
06-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Nah, no transfer window I know of for non-league sides. Most are free transfers anyway. All of mine are! We've signed some new players! Welcome to the following who have posted decently and/or bugged me enough on #eoff...

ML: Phil
ML/R: Jowy
DL: o_O

Phil and Jowy are both youth players, but Phil will probably be alternating with Raistlin on the left in the long run with Bubba moving to leftback on a more regular basis instead of switching up to wing sometimes. Also, it's great fun watching this little o_O run around the screen, and also whenever his name starts a sentence he becomes O_O. Which is just fun. I might eventually rename him Mike... but probably not.

40ZxC0FtCfE
TmTMJxDPW_4

Next games are Hinckley (FA Trophy) and Nuneaton. I think you'll start the latter, Psy, unless you really, really want to face Hinckley again. You and Skyblade tend to sub each other in every game, though.

DK got caught diving again, as has Jiro. Shauna and Shoden are one yellow away from one match bans, Shauna is now shooting with power, Heath is officially Failridden, Burt's been injured as has Dan, but they both seem to have recovered well. Raist is still out for the count for some time.

Pike
06-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Also, it's great fun watching this little o_O run around the screen, and also whenever his name starts a sentence he becomes O_O.

HE IS JUST SO SURPRISED WHENEVER HE'S THE CENTER OF ATTENTION

Loony BoB
06-02-2013, 01:41 PM
For Shauna, to go with her Scottish theme (ignore that her player isn't a Scot, note that players will come and go so nationalities of our members will change...): "She would head 500 goals and she would head 500 more just to be the one to head 1,000 goals right past your goalie's paw. Badadada! Badadada! Badadada! Badadada! Badadadumbadadadumbadadum Shauna!"

Madame Adequate
06-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Ahaha don't be daft Pauw, the only job in Nuneaton is extermin... oh.

Psychotic
06-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Ahaha don't be daft Pauw, the only job in Nuneaton is extermin... oh.And I'm alllll out of gum.

Shoden
06-03-2013, 03:38 AM
If I get banned... well... IT WONT BE THE FIRST TIME! I am prepared to take one for the glorious team if it means I can help.
I'm Jarvan. I'm helping.

Raistlin
06-04-2013, 01:12 AM
Aw, damn, how did I get injured? :( My character seemed to be playing well, too. Hopefully you guys can manage to survive without me. (though I doubt it)

Pheesh
06-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Psy is so amped for this next match that it's made me excited for it. Hurry up BoB!

Loony BoB
06-04-2013, 09:05 AM
I'll try to get both matches played tonight! I was hoping for a chatroom audience but it looks like a no-go.

Aw, damn, how did I get injured? :( My character seemed to be playing well, too. Hopefully you guys can manage to survive without me. (though I doubt it)
You were just running around in the opposition third and pulled up, if I recall correctly. Such is the hamstring way.

Loony BoB
06-04-2013, 01:56 PM
If all goes to plan, I'll kick off around 7-8pm tonight. I'll send you a text or something if I remember. If you're wanting to be part of a bigger audience in #eoff for the games I play, by the way, check onto it during Saturday and Sunday mornings as Jiro, mike and Phil are all on at that point and I tend to play a fair few games with running commentary.

I'm hoping to start streaming the matches eventually, too. I won't always be able to provide audio commentary (depends on what Danielle is doing at the time), but I'll probably still provide text commentary.

EDIT: And here are the results.

ccivNOb1Eik
A very drab game and despite the win I wasn't happy with the performance. The big blow was two early injuries, particularly Shauna who is now out for 5-6 weeks. :( Massive, massive impact on the team.

rbjw3vn-0qA
It was scripted as it should be for a while - Psy injured one of their players and scored a goal. After that, despite some good work on our wings by Bubba and Psy (also Shoden at rightback), we just came up with nothing up front or down the middle. I switched to 4-5-1 after we went 2-1 down and while we looked way better, they scored another on the break and that was that. Gotta say, we missed Shauna big time. I'll be on the hunt for a short-term replacement to hopefully bolster our defence, particularly someone who can crack out the jumps and heading as we struggled at times there.

We've now played four away games in a row and won three of them. A couple of home games next - a FA Trophy game against FC Halifax and a league game against 7th-placed Droylsden. We're sitting sixth.

Psychotic
06-05-2013, 09:20 AM
DISASTER :(

At least I scored and nailed one of the scum.

I had a Plan B which Daniel did not execute. Namely the detonation of a thermonuclear bomb, seeing both the game abandoned and the filthy slum purged in one fell blow.

Pheesh
06-05-2013, 12:33 PM
I just read through the chat logs for both games. :(

As far as I can tell Phil got no minutes in the second match, and we got a thrashing, coincidence? I think not.

Raistlin
06-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Jesus, what's with all the injuries of our top players? Soccer players are such wusses.

Shauna being out pretty much kills the team. Notice how there's been no goals scored for us via corner kick in the games she has been out, because our beast with the giant, potentially ball-magnetized head is not standing in the box.

Jiro
06-07-2013, 07:30 PM
We need someone else who can give great head.

Loony BoB
06-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Okay, so I've got a bit ahead of the thread. I'm going to summarise this with a lot of videos and what text I can put in from memory. xD

OL25stcFrZE
Our cup run is over before it really got started, but I've always concentrated on the league so I'm not incredibly bothered. Cup runs are only worthwhile later in this game as far as I'm concerned. I want to go up the divisions more than anything. Despite getting on the scoresheet, Dan got two yellow cards, both for diving. Dammit, man. To be fair, MILF, Skyblade, Boobs, Cuch and Tassles all got booked. Tassles had a really bad debut, I gotta say. xD Pike scored from a beautiful free kick, none of the camera angles allowed for the highlights did it justice.

At this point, Boobs got injured. This meant Tassles & Cuch as our central defence and Psychokitty as cover.

aRfbBBJelzo
Despite the scoreline, we had more shots on target than they did, more shots than they did, we had even possession and it could be argued better chances, too. We still managed a few goals, but clearly our defence was the issue once more. Tassles and Mike were kinda rubbish.

VtxRIwf0wrw
A terrible performance by us. We had five shots to their 16. Lucky they scored an own goal, really. Just awful.

oycNuIdesLA - video won't go HD for some reason, seems it's a YouTube issue.
A better performance against an old enemy. Solid all round, really, and a much deserved win. Tassles' first taste of victory, he scored a goal and got sent off two minutes into extra time after collecting a second yellow. What changed in this match? Well, Shauna's back, of course.

ECY8W1LXMso
We played far, far, far better than Workington did. This loss is a very, very harsh one - we had so many more shots! It was a very frustrating loss, but better to lose while playing well than to lose because we play crap. It gives you a good feeling for the next game.

uDUcaZEqRC8
The positive energy amongst our players shows through and we walk all over Harrogate. They're 20th now, but still, this is a great showing by ourselves, particularly Phil who really starred. Jowy had his debut in this game, too, but came off injured after 44 minutes.

hV5XZsqQk6I
Shauna got a straight red early on, and after that we struggled. Last time Shauna went off early (that time because of injury), I think Psy still managed a goal in that game or in the game after... well, he must get riled up at Shauna's departures because that goal was a cracker. Bloody hell. Still, we struggled at the back with Cuch & Tassles just not able to cope. Missing Shauna & Boobs, and it looks like that will continue. I would say this is our new 'worst performance'. We're somehow still 5th in the league! Some of the clubs below us have a game or two in hand though.

Shauna is likely out for three matches. Boobs has 2-3 weeks 'til returning. Raist has "between 9 days and 4 weeks" but we'll have to ease him back in through The Failridden.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to say that along with Tassles, I've signed a few strikers - Aulayna, NeoCracker and GoBo. I want solid competition for the striker places as Jiro & Edge haven't been competing hard enough for my liking. Fingers crossed some time in the Failridden will mean enough of our strikers get match fit and can compete at a better level.

Skyblade
06-07-2013, 08:08 PM
"Got booked"? I am unfamiliar with the meaning of that term in relation to this sport.

Pike
06-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Ohhh man that kick I made was glorious :aimsun:

Raistlin
06-07-2013, 08:31 PM
"Booked" means put in the referee's book of penalties, which generally means a yellow card.

Re: Workington match. How the hell did that player get the ball so far beyond our defense without it being offsides? O_o

Shauna. :mad2:

Also, between 9 days and 4 weeks is a pretty big range. xD

Loony BoB
06-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Also, between 9 days and 4 weeks is a pretty big range. xD
Seriously. I may need to get a new smittenkitten in. But I'm hoping we'll see you back sooner rather than later, although Bubba & Phil have both played excellently in your absence...

Just played another match as I was in the mood.

K9oy52ROzKM
Reversed last game's scoreline to put it in our favour, so that was good! Not to mention Cuch & Tassles did well enough at the back to only concede two, which with all love to them is pretty good. xD Cuch and GoBo both scored their first goals, Manus finally scored after about 360 minutes without a goal and Phil is giving Bubba some great competition on the left wing, so it'll be interesting to see how it all works out when Raist is back (prediction: Bubba to slot back to leftback or come on as an impact player). Pike hit the woodwork twice, Tassles once.

Dan got injured and is out for 3-4 weeks, so GoBo will likely be involved more and Neo/Aulayna may get a start or two (or, you know, Edge and Jiro... but they've not done anything in the Failridden to suggest I should opt for them, sorry guys).

Finally: Scotty, Cuch, Phil and Manus were in team of the week. :) Dominant!

Tasura
06-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Looks like I'm slowly improving. At least I'm kinda crap now, instead of super crap :D.

Old Manus
06-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Manus finally scored after about 360 minutes without a goal Apart from the scoring part, this is just like real life!

Raistlin
06-08-2013, 12:02 AM
Our defense is still pretty awful. We desperately need Boobs.

:jokey:

Pheesh
06-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Finally: Scotty, Cuch, Phil and Manus were in team of the week. :) Dominant![/spoiler]

/smug

I'm hoping that this weekend I can actually see some games live in chat, especially now that Phil is dominating.

Our defense is still pretty awful. We desperately need Boobs.

:jokey:

Gotta agree. I know they're just highlights, but in some of those goals against there's holes in our defense bigger than the ones in a Hinckley player's socks.

(I hate Hinckley now and I don't even know where it is. This thread has a strange power)

Scotty_ffgamer
06-08-2013, 01:21 AM
That second goal against me in the last game was awful. Those can be tricky in real life, easy for me to lose sight of the ball with the defense in front of me. Also, Penalty kicks suck as a GK.

Edit: I really miss playing in real life.

Shoden
06-08-2013, 02:16 AM
I don't seem to be doing too badly, despite being banned for a game earlier.
Need to work on crippling the opposition without being penalised.

DK
06-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Some full on screamers in that massive update, Auntie Pike's free kick and Pauw's volley in particular, although I did also like the goal when me, Pauw and Phil combined to shred the shit out of harrogate with passes.

Comedy FM injury rate is still dire I see, good to know. Also why the fuck are there so many penalties in this game? Don't remember ever seeing that before, mebbe it's a lower league thing though.

I'm also quite amused by my players apparent hatred of the rest of the team, especially when he scores or assists someone else and the entire team run off with the goalscorer celebrating and my guy just runs as far away from them as he can. What a miserable shit.

Loony BoB
06-08-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm also quite amused by my players apparent hatred of the rest of the team, especially when he scores or assists someone else and the entire team run off with the goalscorer celebrating and my guy just runs as far away from them as he can. What a miserable trout.
Ahahaha, I totally noticed that on occasion, actually. Pretty sure you'll still be with us scoring goals next season, though. The player who I gave your name was used by me up until League Two when I used him for F.C. United in my longer playthrough. He remains the 5th highest goalscorer for my management run in that game, scoring 48 goals (38 of them in his first two seasons). In the end he left because he wanted a bigger paycheck than I was willing to give him. Omar Koroma, in case you're wondering. He certainly scores goals more in the game than in real life... xD

Now, let's see how we got on in our next few matches...

EDIT: NEVER MIND. Just as I was typing out this post, my PC arsed up and I've just lost three matches that we won in a row. God dammit. :stare:

Psychotic
06-08-2013, 01:56 PM
(I hate Hinckley now and I don't even know where it is. This thread has a strange power)I have literally just got home from being in Hinckley. You'll be pleased to know that it's still awful. :)

Loony BoB
06-08-2013, 02:47 PM
ieh_mgcQPtk
I played the other day and I honestly can't remember much about the game, I think it was a pretty boring one if I recall correctly. The game was supposedly fairly even, but I think we had far better chances than they did. Also, grudging respect to the opposition goal at the end (93rd minute). Who was it by, anyway? Oh, for smurf's sake. :stare:

_VBmtf99iyQ
This is the first of the matches I had to replay, and we did really well in the other games and I am not willing to be robbed of my victories by a freaking computer glitch. ...so it looks like I don't have to worry about that anytime soon, right? Haha. Manus finished with a 9.6 rating and Aulayna a 9.4 before I subbed her due to her tiring legs. This was an epic match. We genuinely slaughtered them and it could have been even better. Wow. 6-1! Excellent. In case you're wondering, before my PC crashed, we won 2-1, so this is a slight improvement. Still only three points, though, and I want six points out of the next two matches or I'll be really pissed off at my PC dropping me points and probably just replay the games until I get the points I had earned beforehand. I haven't played the next matches just yet, but I'll get to it very soon.

EDIT: Scotty, Bubba, Shauna, Shoden, Pike, Manus and Aulayna were all in team of the week. :D Also: Everyone is now healthy. Hooray! Let's see how long that lasts. :p

I've set it to save every week instead of every month. :shifty:

EDIT: Wow, the winter transfer window was busy. Angel Di Maria to Chelsea, Glen Johnson to Spurs, Samba to Manchester United, Cardoza to Liverpool, Jagielka to City.

DK
06-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Jagielka to City

NO.

also, why is my player giving diving lessons after training when he is apparently utterly shit at it considering the amount of times he gets carded for it?

NeoCracker
06-08-2013, 03:37 PM
I long for the day I injure another and take them out of the game.

Loony BoB
06-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Jagielka to City

NO.

also, why is my player giving diving lessons after training when he is apparently utterly trout at it considering the amount of times he gets carded for it?
That probably explains why not too many people are taking up your classes. xD

I had to replay the next game three bloody times to get the result that we got before the crash (exact scoreline, too, in the end). So here's that match.

QlnADJv_aFk
While I'm happy to get my win back from the PC crash, I'm not too happy with our team's display as it was waaaaay better in the original game. Still, after getting 6-1 in the last match I'm not complaining too much. In the lost games, Stalybridge dropped points and this win put us within grasp of the #1 spot in the league, but they must have got the points back because we're still three points behind them at the moment with just the one game to go. Annoying, but I'm just after getting our wins back, what happens with the other teams doesn't bother me so much. Our good form is more important to me, and that's something I'm not as willing to concede to a screen freeze.

Cuch gave away the penalty, and did so in the original 2-3 victory as well. Huh. Also, all four times I played this game a player called Vladimir from Colwyn Bay got injured during a tackle (the level of injury varied). Pansy.

Another thing I'll just put up with is Scotty getting the flu just now... looks like Lost Number is gonna get a game after all!

NeoCracker
06-08-2013, 04:16 PM
YEah, now tell them how I scored in the original game, and you fucking lost it when your PC crashed. :mad2:

Loony BoB
06-08-2013, 04:23 PM
It's true, in the current save Neo has yet to break his cherry in the two games he's played in (both from the bench). In the original three games, he scored shortly after being brought on in the Colwyn Bay match, I think.

EDIT: Aaaand here's the final game. This also ended up with the exact same scoreline as the first time I played it.

DMFO-uzvUXo
Lost Number had a decent debut, so yay for that. He actually grumbled shortly before the match about not having gametime despite Scotty being away with the flu. Who did he think I was going to put in goal? Mikztsu!? Anyway, a solid win but it's against the bottom side. We should really have done better - at half time it was 1-1 and we weren't dominating. The second half? All us, start to finish.

Bad news, though - MILF got injured early in the game. Turns out it's a [injury] and he's out for 3-4 months. This is a huge blow as I've been playing him and Pike in midfield almost exclusively. Skyblade covers, but he also covers Psy on the right wing and has done well from there. Croyles and Laddy have been slowly gaining match fitness in the Failridden, so I'm hoping they can pick up the slack. Alternatively, I can move Shoden up the pitch and move Cuch to rightback now that Boobs is back fit. That might be the easier solution. Either way, it's gonna be interesting and if we lose our next games, it's no longer the PC's fault so I'm not going to replay them or anything... we're fighting for top spot in the league now. We're just one point behind Stalybridge, although they have a game in hand. Still a fair way to go though - 30 games played by us out of 42. Time to push for glory!

Scotty_ffgamer
06-08-2013, 04:32 PM
One of my best soccer moments in real life was when I had the flu actually. We went to a tournament in high school, and my coach refused to play me because of the fact that I was extremely sick and whatnot. During our last game of the tournament, against the hardest team we would ever play against, my coach finally let me in during the last ten minutes after me begging him. I was put up front rather than being GK so he could sub me back out pretty quick. We had been neck and neck with this team the whole game, but I went in and scored the winning goal within a couple of minutes of playing. The me in this game probably won't be that cool while sick, though.

Loony BoB
06-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Maybe I'll play you up front in a friendly some day. ;)

Scotty_ffgamer
06-08-2013, 04:48 PM
I'll make sure to score you a goal if that chance comes!

NeoCracker
06-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Me and DK are going mess some bitches up. :cool:

Raistlin
06-08-2013, 05:37 PM
So I'm healthy now? When do I get back in? I'M READY TO GO COACH

re: Eastwood match: nice pass, Psycho. :p

Loony BoB
06-08-2013, 07:23 PM
So I'm healthy now? When do I get back in? I'M READY TO GO COACH
Nahhhh you're not. 68% match fit? Pahleez. You're not bumping Phil and Bubba out that easily because they've been two of our best players... get match fit in the reserves, then we'll talk. Shouldn't take too long, I've been keeping up with the reserves fixtures and ensuring there is a decent level of games.

Also: http://www.twitch.tv/loony_bob - Guess what! I will play the odd game live, sometimes with me as sound. I'll not stream any other sound, I don't wanna lose listeners because they have awful taste in music.

Cuchulainn
06-08-2013, 11:08 PM
I dont appreciate you publically saying how shit a player i am. You're supposed to keep that shit 'in house'. I'm speaking to my agent again. Fuck this club

Psychokitty
06-09-2013, 02:38 AM
I missed a lot. What did I miss?

Loony BoB
06-09-2013, 10:05 AM
You missed a few games and your player wants to leave. >_> You'll probably have a different player next week.

Here's a little something to keep things flowing! Also, I've totally got the hang of streaming now, so it's all gold there.

ZmpsjUYvqUU
A well controlled match for our 6th win on the trot. Two lovely goals, too. The opposition didn't even get a shot on target, so we played very safely. More importantly, however...
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/pos1.png
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/league1.png
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/playerstats1.png

NO HIGHLIGHTS. A 0-0 bore draw at home to Bishop's Stortford.
There goes our winning streak, but at least we kept our unbeaten run going. It was a fairly even game, but of course I think we should have done better because we should always win. Obviously.

4Tm832lK8N4
A game of two halves. I got cocky at 4-0, admittedly, and throughout the second half gave people gametime that needed it. Neo came on at half time and missed some golden chances, Jowy came on for Phil who was doing very well, Psychokitty came on (out of position) for Psy to get her some gametime without messing with my defence (we were 4-2 at that point, I think). Clearly the changes weren't what the doctor ordered, the opposition started scoring the moment Manus left the pitch (so, right after halftime). Neo subsequently DROPPED.

EDIT: Gainsborough match which we lost 1-0 is to be replayed due to bugs - all my tactical changes were not going through and it was subbing the wrong players. Match was agreed as needing to be replayed by the podcast crew after a deep discussion on the ethics of replaying matches in Let's Play (okay it wasn't really that deep and it was a pretty quick decision, thanks Matt).

DK
06-09-2013, 11:55 AM
I'd replay it, given that the outcome of the game may have been affected by the game refusing to accept tacitcal switches and making incorrect subs. If we play it again and lose and everything goes swimmingly then whoever, but yeah.

Loony BoB
06-09-2013, 01:49 PM
aUWGCr5Aue0
Well, the replay was a killer match compared to the slapstick comedy seen in the first attempt (seriously, ask Phil how bad we were, it was utter crap). In this game, things went very, very differently. They were still playing well, but we managed to win out in the end rather comfortably. Very happy with that one!

Next was the big match away to Stalybridge. No highlights as it's a goalless draw, but I'll take it - they were good in attack and so were we, I believe we both hit the woodwork.

q4PdmPY6vkQ
A relatively straight forward 2-0 game, not much else to say really.

We have four points on Histon with six games left to play, including Histon next and later (for Psy's sake) Nuneaton. I will be sure to stream as many as I can.

Psychotic
06-09-2013, 03:26 PM
You let me know when you stream the Nuneaton match. I will be there like a care bear. We must redeem ourselves.

Raistlin
06-09-2013, 04:06 PM
It's ok, everyone, everything will be fine. I am back. :cool:

Also, I see Shauna is back to being an absolute terror in the box. I liked the header assist to Cuch.

Pheesh
06-09-2013, 04:35 PM
I love how offside I (and like 3 more of our players) was in my goal against Halifax.

I've been having a lot of fun watching the games on the live stream, I highly recommend it to anyone who has the time as the small snippets of goal highlights don't do it justice. To see DK fail spectacularly at an attempted dive and then be promptly booked is a thing of beauty.

Raistlin
06-09-2013, 05:26 PM
I love how offside I (and like 3 more of our players) was in my goal against Halifax.

Oh wow, that one was particularly blatant, even if somehow you could claim that the player behind you wasn't part of the play. This game has some brainfarts when it comes to offsides. xD

Loony BoB
06-09-2013, 05:36 PM
I genuinely have never seen an offside like that which wasn't called. In fact, I think in the many years of games I've played, I've never seen an offside goal ever. Watching back the goal in extremely slow motion, it's a tough call to say when the ball was kicked and whether or not Phil was actually offside. The other two (perhaps three) players are definitely offside, though. Aulayna ran towards the ball and wasn't far from it, it could be argued that offside should have really been called the moment that happened.

Lost Number
06-12-2013, 04:04 AM
Quite frankly I am pleasantly suprised by my own performance, given how I basically did absolutely nothing for several months beforehand.

Loony BoB
06-12-2013, 07:03 AM
I plan on streaming the remaining six games on Saturday, for everyone's info. Probably in the morning, starting at around 7-9am.

Pheesh
06-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Woo, I should be available on Sunday for that.

Shoden
06-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Its odd being referred to as 5'3 XD

Loony BoB
06-15-2013, 07:26 AM
Okay, it's on. I'll start in about five to fifteen minutes, I'm guessing.

EDIT: Starting officially at 8am, although the stream is already live and #eoff already has ONE OTHER PERSON involved. You punks (Tassles, ilu).

Games (with current position noted)

1. Histon (2nd) vs. Eyeson (1st) - PLAYED
2. Eyeson (1st) vs. Hyde (7th) - PLAYED
3. Gloucester (11th) vs. Eyeson (1st) - PLAYED
4. Eyeson (1st) vs. Nuneaton (12th)
5. Eyeson (1st) vs. Guiseley (14th)
6. Droylsden (6th) vs. Eyeson (1st)

EDIT: With Nuneaton next and us possibly winning the league in that match, I'm going to stop playing these games until Psy is available. xD I'm out for the midday but might play it later this evening or tomorrow morning.

Psychotic
06-15-2013, 10:41 AM
oh man I'm not available much myself! Go on without me! SMASH THEM SMASH THEM SMASH THEM!

Pheesh
06-15-2013, 10:51 AM
I got invited to an actual (Australian Rules) football match, so I couldn't be there like I thought I was going to be :( if you play any other games I will do my best to make it so I can watch!

Loony BoB
06-15-2013, 02:20 PM
The game against Nuneaton will be played in about ten minutes' time, check here (http://www.twitch.tv/loony_bob) for the stream and go into #eoff and type /join #bar to get to the chat for it.

EDIT: Nuneaton game was streamed and if you skip to 17:40 on this, you can watch and listen to me. Naturally this is four games ahead now, so uh... spoilers? http://www.twitch.tv/loony_bob/b/417272326 - A fair bit of swearing, mind you, so yeah.

Psychotic
06-15-2013, 03:37 PM
If we are promoted, we never have to go to that awful hellhole again!

Go team!

Shoden
06-15-2013, 10:13 PM
How did it go?

Pike
06-16-2013, 12:39 AM
I was at work so I missed it :whimper:

Endless
06-16-2013, 11:31 AM
&lt;Endless> Ooo, can I be a player someday?
&lt;Loony_BoB> Sure.
&lt;Loony_BoB> Post in the Eyeson F.C. thread (General Gaming) asking to be a player, Raf.

So, out of sheer curiosity, I'd like to see what I'd become as a player. ;D

Loony BoB
06-16-2013, 02:52 PM
So much has happened since my last update. xD Okay. I'll do it bit by bit, I think. Firstly, the end of last season.

9w4BQBxMnNM
6 points to go!

ff3BraPEv7M
3 points to go!

POh4VegZcbg
...still 3 points to go! I rested some players for the Nuneaton game and it didn't work out, basically. Stomped them in the first half, got it given back and then some in the second.

NOTE: I strongly suggest watching the full match first if you intend on doing so, it's in the spoiler tag of my previous post. Skip to 17:40 on that video for the start of the match.
cHQI7rc_prE
And so we arrived at Nuneaton (haha pink). See the link in my previous post for a full match video and a better idea of how our victory came about. CHAMPIONS!

xrA7GtNf3zo
I decided to play around with the team a bit and give some fringe players a go, and they didn't let me down. Oh, wait, they totally did. Well. Never mind, then.

YSlLbQxM7KA&ns
Up against the 6th placed side and with our last game of the season, I opted for a full strength team. We'd need five goals to get to 100 for the season but we had to put up with three. Still, a win's a win and we never stopped running down their end. Also, that winner from Pike! Niiiiiiiiiice.

Just a reminder: Media predicted us to come 20th at the start of the season. Manager of the Year? Yes, please, I'll take that.

NEXT POST: Team of the season, records, season stats, final league table, etc.

DK
06-16-2013, 06:02 PM
Nothing against anyone else but chuckle nation combining to put the first goal in the most important game past filthy nuneaton of filth is easily the highlight of the season for me, god damn I miss the whale f.c so much right now. :(

Raistlin
06-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Huzzah! Go team! And good job, BoB, on your brilliant decision to create me as a player, which obviously was the most significant cause of our achievements.

Psychotic
06-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Nothing against anyone else but chuckle nation combining to put the first goal in the most important game past filthy nuneaton of filth is easily the highlight of the season for me, god damn I miss the whale f.c so much right now. :(I told lonny bob about how we played the French way. I know that wasn't the Whale F.C. but still.

FIFA need to make co-op league seasons I don't give a fuck. Just imagine wrecking Nuneaton.

Loony BoB
06-19-2013, 12:56 PM
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/season1table.png

Appearances
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/season1apps.png

Goals
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/season1goals.png

Assists
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/season1assists.png

Man of the Match awards
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/season1motm.png

Player Ratings
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/season1ratings.png

Keeper Stats
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/season1keepers.png

http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/season1teamrecords.png
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/season1playerrecords.png
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/season1besteleven.png

14th December, 2011
Heath I

5th May, 2012
Psychokitty I (DC)
Jiro I (ST)
Rocket Edge I (ST)
Tassles I (DC)

27th May, 2012
GoBo I (ST)

24th June, 2012
Jowy I (MC)

27th June, 2012
Lost Number I (GK)

30th June, 2012
Boobs I (DC)

3rd July, 2012
o_O I (DL)

31st July, 2012
Laddy I (MC)

14th June, 2012
Lost Number (GK)

15th June, 2012
Værn (MC, Youth)

16th June, 2012
Jiro (ST)
Heath (ST, Youth)

17th June, 2012
Rocket Edge (LM)

19th June, 2012
Tassles (DC)

20th June, 2012
Raf (MC)

24th June, 2012
Jowy (MC)
Psychokitty (DC)

25th June, 2012
GoBo (DM, Youth)

27th June, 2012
o_O (DL)

28th June, 2012
charliepanayi (DR)

30th June, 2012
Boobs (MC)

1st July, 2012
LFC (ST)

31st July, 2012
Laddy (MC)

Those who showed the most attention in this thread and in the chatroom were given priority for the better players we brought in. I've heavily bolstered our defence and our options for central defence in particular are now very strong. Left midfield was bolstered slightly, too, and we now have three players competing for that position, not to mention Bubba who can play there too (alongside DL).

I've managed to tie a few players down for at least a couple of years. Phil was being difficult for some time (hence me bolstering left mid) but I even managed to get him to sign eventually. We have a very young squad, with a few exceptions. Boobs was one of those exceptions and our captain has left for pastures new, with Psychokitty taking over that role. Admittedly at the moment it seems we've got a captain who isn't as as suited to the leadership role, however the pickings were slim and I feel he'll still be competent.

http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/season2contracts.png
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/season2reservesyouth.png
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/season2fixtures.png

Note that the Kidderminster game highlighted is the first league match - all matches before this one are friendlies - well, we're big rivals with some of them so take the word 'friendly' with a pinch of salt, please!

Pike
06-19-2013, 01:16 PM
YEAH

GO ME

Look at those assists! :smug:

Shoden
06-19-2013, 01:19 PM
So we pierced the heavens and onto the next stage we go!

Loony BoB
06-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Pre-Season

Expecting to lose every game. Seriously. Maybe we'll scratch a draw somewhere, but this is really all about the gate receipts. Nothing else matters aside from match fitness and money during pre-season, I don't give a rat's arse if we lose every game so long as we do well when we face up to the sides that are in our league. I mean, we're playing Premier League teams and we're in the 5th division. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. xD

8DiXlBRh3iY WuIqDaofyXU qD4qXrGws8I ilI_PxtbRQ0 0bsYvPJdVEg yGlXRi3BAI4 gD4roqI9Sgc vGlsN5qdyPw S5d2TdCOQe8 NYsO2gaCwmE

So, with the money generating friendlies out of the way (big :up: to that win over Leeds, they're one of our rivals so it's a great result for the fans), time to crack on to where it really matters. Let's win two divisions on the trot, please! Reckon we can do it?

Psychotic
06-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Someone's going to have to shatter an illusion here. Psychokitty is a dude, Daniel.

Also Leeds hahahahaha.

Loony BoB
06-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Oh, I know! I actually informed other people he was a dude the other day as well. I just keep falling back into calling him a girl because of the kitty name. In short, I blame society.

Aulayna
06-19-2013, 07:24 PM
I scored some goals. Heck yeah!

edit: how many were own goals? xD

Loony BoB
06-19-2013, 07:34 PM
I believe we got three own goals last season in our favour. No idea how many against us.

Madame Adequate
06-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Hahaha oh god DK has the worst discipline, it's like we really sent Dan out to do something

DK
06-20-2013, 03:34 AM
Not really 'cause most of those cards were for diving, which I would not do. If he was getting sent off for hoofing french players then I could understand it, but :colbert:

also going to echo pauw with a hearty ahahahaha Leeds

Loony BoB
06-20-2013, 07:24 AM
Not really 'cause most of those cards were for diving, which I would not do. If he was getting sent off for hoofing french players then I could understand it, but :colbert:

also going to echo pauw with a hearty ahahahaha Leeds
I'm pretty sure all of those cards were for diving.

Jiro
07-04-2013, 07:58 AM
So, yeah, updates plz.

Loony BoB
07-04-2013, 08:19 AM
A lot of things have stopped me from being able to do this as much as I'd like, but I do hope to get back to playing the games without streaming or something. The problem will be balancing FFXIV with FM12, as FFXIV is a priority for me at the moment.

Old Manus
07-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Loony 'Marick' BoB

:colbert:

Loony BoB
08-03-2013, 08:03 PM
gXaEwmw9cDY
A_wmKUePhXQ

Not too bad a start to the season. :) The guys are still getting match fit at the moment, so fingers crossed we continue to improve.

Pheesh
08-04-2013, 04:41 AM
Hmm, severe lack of Phil in those highlights, but at least we stayed out of the loss column.

Jiro
08-04-2013, 04:56 AM
Strange that Kidderminster seems to share several player names with Swindon. Nice to see some goals coming hard and fast though, we can certainly benefit from danger up front this season.

Raistlin
08-04-2013, 07:58 AM
A good start! Especially compared to last season's.

Jiro
08-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Hoping we can get a semi-permanent team happening soon too xD Be sure to update us with the database shots when you have the team for this season solidified.

Loony BoB
08-04-2013, 01:32 PM
YbbAqfpwAtA
Fined £750 for not controlling our players (six yellows, two of which went to Burt). Oops. With Burt out at the 41st minute, I was worried, but we held our own for the most part. In the end, they got a breakthrough at the 76th minute and we luckily equalised in the 86th minute. Full credit to our determined team.

Y9jObNX4NGI
Raf, injured at 14 minutes. Tassles, straight red (deserved - pulled a player's shirt when he was the last man and the player was heading straight for our penalty area) at 23 minutes. Phil injured at 71 minutes, Laddy at 79 minutes - so we played with nine men for those last eleven minutes. And we won. Okay, so our two goals were scored in the first half and their one was scored after we were down to nine men, but still, I'll take it. xD Really happy with the goals - cracker of a pass by charlie for LFC's one and as for Pike... let's just say that I watched that goal many, many times from multiple angles. So smurfing good.

0LISomA381k
First loss of the season. :( We just couldn't find net. Really sloppy way to concede, too. I was massively disappointed (to put it lightly) when that happened.

1oXu9KZ1EiI
A good reaction, much better and against Lincoln who were placed third (I think!) at the time.

zpZeEHav-A8
Feared the worst when we went a goal down just three minutes in, but it's okay because, as sung by the crowd...

It's time to sing our music
It's time to light the lights
It's time to watch the goals flow on the Manus Show tonight.

It's time to put on war paint
It's time to fight the fight
It's time to raise the curtain on the Manus Show tonight.

Why opposing fans come here
I guess we'll never know
It's like a kind of torture
They can't resist our show

And now let's get things started
Why don't you get things started
It's time to get things started
On the most sensational inspirational celebrational Manusational
This is what we call the Manus Show!

Boom Boom Pow. Those first two goals were thumping. Fantastic.

bxDqrpMyT7k
Ah, our old friends Stalybridge! A very straight forward win with little trouble at all. Top of the table, bitches! :D

f_ZCvUxzV08
:(

MyRFmN04r5Y
An own goal victory, but a good reaction to another loss all the same. Particularly in that we kept a clean sheet this time after conceding three in the last one. Good reaction.

lWuaL3Mda70
Phil's on fine form! But my standout for this is mike's freak goal. Ahahaha, right from the wing, what a beauty. He said after the match that he meant it, but none of us believe him. Still, I can watch that goal from a dozen angles and it always looks absolutely incredible. 18 year old leftback with a goal on debut. Nice! Great display from the entire team, really. A fantastic game for us.

SSzCz5M-vc4
A really rash tackle from our young goalscorer in the previous match lead to him being sent off at the 44th minute which I wasn't pleased with considering we were already a goal down. Well done to our side for hanging in there and managing to steal a goal back to earn a draw.

Jiro, the squad for this season was announced around 19th June at the end of a post with a bunch of spoilers, be sure to check it out! As for where we are now, stats-wise, twelve games in...

http://www.aiyon.com/keke/eofc/season2stats1.png

Lost Number
08-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Good to see I am still doing my darnedest to stop you guys from conceding a goal every time the other team gets the ball.

Jiro
08-10-2013, 04:01 PM
One day Jiro will be chanted by every Chocobo fan in the world.

Loony BoB
08-10-2013, 08:46 PM
I'm about 38 games ahead of this thread now. >_> I have a lot of uploading to do. How many people actually watch the YouTube videos? Because most of the videos have zero views. I'm curious as to what kind of information you guys would prefer to receive in this thread. :o

Formalhaut
08-10-2013, 11:11 PM
This thread's title is an affront to my eyes.

Raistlin
08-10-2013, 11:41 PM
I've watched all of the youtube videos, so I'm not sure why they still have 0 views.

Pheesh
08-11-2013, 02:52 AM
YouTube vids can take a lot of time to update their viewing stats, as much as 5 days sometimes.

Loony BoB
08-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Roger that, I'll get back to uploading more matches soon.

Another slight problem I've stumbled across: Nicknames don't last forever. :( Either that or there is a limit to the number of them - either way, this will affect our historic records held in the game. I'm doing my best to try and match up names but the end result is that I may have to start removing nicknames to anyone we transfer out or something. Kinda gutting, really. :(

To better aid me in keeping track of things, though, I'm adding roman numerals to all the players to remind me of which one we're up to etc. My own manually updated records will stay accurate that way (hopefully!).

EDIT: May as well upload some now!

EtIDC5qa6tk
Take that, Braintree! After slipping to second recently and then drawing against Crewe, I was eager to get a good win - luckily, the players agreed and for the second time in there games, an 18 year old Chocobo got a goal on debut to help us to a three goal winning margin. Congrats, Jiro II!

4TN-5vHodzE
Shame we couldn't keep winning. :mad2:

VOBJRvluiPs
^_^

woHTeg4whQM
I think that was Neo's first goal, so I'm pretty happy for the guy. Took him bloody long enough... unfortunately Manus was injured in this game, but Neo took his opportunity well.

6BzjuraEp34
Good to see Neo continuing his scoring run, but three points are what I'm after and I wasn't too happy with this game.

Still sitting second. Forest Green is ahead of us... fingers crossed they slip up and we don't.

Shoden
08-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Well this thread has exploded in activity recently! XP

Loony BoB
08-13-2013, 01:33 PM
I've uploaded a bunch more, I'll try to remember to post them soon enough. Of course, more posts will always encourage me...

Synoptikal
08-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Is it too late to sign up for a position? :S

DK
08-13-2013, 02:09 PM
From what I've seen I'm glad to see the tradition of me hating all of you lives on. How many people have been player swapped? Also this thread annoys me because I really want to play FM again but my laptop + Jap summer = not having any of it.

Loony BoB
08-13-2013, 02:16 PM
From what I've seen I'm glad to see the tradition of me hating all of you lives on. How many people have been player swapped? Also this thread annoys me because I really want to play FM again but my laptop + Jap summer = not having any of it.
I'm actually a season ahead now so a lot of people have been player swapped. I think only about four or five people have been around for all three seasons. If this thread keeps up enough interest I'll be sure to continue uploading games and even include "final stats" for anyone swapped out. I can list these in alphabetical order so that you'll see the likes of Boobs I, Boobs II, Boobs III in a row to compare which "version" of yourself was the most effective.

EDIT: Sorry, Synop, I missed your post - it is absolutely not too late! Posting consistently in this thread is a good way to increase your chances of getting the next player named after you. :)

Jiro
08-18-2013, 07:31 AM
It's frustrating watching you stream because I know the way it all ends and I don't want to spoil it for everyone else.

I will say that we lose a lot of games we should've won though, and a lot of you dicks get injured or sent off :colbert:

Psychotic
08-18-2013, 09:10 AM
I will say that we lose a lot of games we should've won though, and a lot of you dicks get injured or sent off :colbert:So we're Arsenal, then.

Jiro
08-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Not quite Arsenal :greenie:

Old Manus
08-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Feared the worst when we went a goal down just three minutes in, but it's okay because, as sung by the crowd...

It's time to sing our music
It's time to light the lights
It's time to watch the goals flow on the Manus Show tonight.

It's time to put on war paint
It's time to fight the fight
It's time to raise the curtain on the Manus Show tonight.

Why opposing fans come here
I guess we'll never know
It's like a kind of torture
They can't resist our show

And now let's get things started
Why don't you get things started
It's time to get things started
On the most sensational inspirational celebrational Manusational
This is what we call the Manus Show!

Boom Boom Pow. Those first two goals were thumping. Fantastic.http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vr/image/1364/98/1364986563395.jpg