PDA

View Full Version : Who were your main three?

Gzussaves
05-26-2013, 06:09 AM
Everyone has preferences on who they like to use..
Cloud because well he is Cloud
Cid.. because he is that cool guy
Barret because he pity's the fool
Tifa cuz boobs
so on and so on

My main 3 were Cloud, Cid, and Vincent.. I was young when i played it so of course only men could save the world lol.. haven't had the time to go through it again and figure out who I would use now

So who did you use and why?

Chris
05-26-2013, 01:10 PM
I mix it up, but I usually Wind up mostly using: Cloud, Cait Sith and Tifa. I enjoy using most of them, and I find it boring to keep using the same over and over Again.

SteahMeLee
05-26-2013, 02:44 PM
I use all of them since any of them has a Job class that can turn useful from time to time... Also, any of them has a Job class that is planned to be pretty much as useful as the others so that no character is particularly stronger than the other being thus preferred...

I base my choice about the party both on the strategy and the relevance a character has in that segment of the story...

chaos7
05-26-2013, 04:47 PM
I usually use Cloud, Tifa, Aeris Till I get Cid then Cloud, Tifa Cid because Cids' dialog is awesome

Hambone
05-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Cloud because you have to, Cid because spears are my favorite weapon in the series, and Yuffie because she's spunky.

SteahMeLee
05-26-2013, 10:30 PM
A character I don't like to bring in the party, like many other players, is Cait Sith... Or I should say that he was... I just had to characterize him better and give him an hardcore Job class (Black Mage) to make him worthy to be brought...

Raistlin
05-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Cloud, Tifa, and Cid were my main three. Before you get Cid, I would use Red XIII or Yuffie. When I was young I really wanted to use Vincent because I thought he was a cool character, but his limit breaks were useless, and limit breaks are the biggest means of differentiating between players. Otherwise, the materia system makes them pretty much interchangeable.

SteahMeLee
05-27-2013, 11:48 PM
Cloud, Tifa, and Cid were my main three. Before you get Cid, I would use Red XIII or Yuffie. When I was young I really wanted to use Vincent because I thought he was a cool character, but his limit breaks were useless, and limit breaks are the biggest means of differentiating between players. Otherwise, the materia system makes them pretty much interchangeable.

It could be true in a way but you are not forced to waste the potentialities of the Materia system in differentiating characters making them all the same...

Do as I do... Decide that some Materia can be equipped only by some characters... I don't mean to create the traditional FF Job Classes at any cost like I always do but at least use Materia to make characters different and not to make them all the same...

You could just decide that characters with worse Limits are allowed better Materia while people with very good Limits are more restricted in equipping Materia...

The game is open to endless possibilities... It's up to your choice...

I personally keep re-creating the traditional classes... XD

Gzussaves
05-28-2013, 07:29 AM
Towards the end of me playing ff7, limit breaks were just because they came up every so often... after spending countless days on mideel running in circles and just holding x to attack because it was a great way to farm ap XD

maybee
05-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Cloud, Tifa and either Barret, Vincent, Yuffie, or Nanaki.

Fuck the rest.

SteahMeLee
05-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Towards the end of me playing ff7, limit breaks were just because they came up every so often... after spending countless days on mideel running in circles and just holding x to attack because it was a great way to farm ap XD

;) I prefer to count on strategy and Job class teamwork than grinding or Limit spamming to succeed in battle... :roll2

Karifean
05-28-2013, 10:57 AM

;) I prefer to count on strategy and Job class teamwork than grinding or Limit spamming to succeed in battle... :roll2

You must love FFX-2.

Aulayna
05-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Cloud, Aerith, Barrett.

After disc 1

Cloud, Red XIII and Barrett

Quindiana Jones
05-28-2013, 11:30 AM
Cloud because he's the main character. Cid because he's Cid. RedXIII because he's cool.

SteahMeLee
05-28-2013, 01:43 PM
You must love FFX-2.

Yeah in a way... :)
Although only three characters are not enough... Even wanting to have a solo-girl game they should have add also Lulu to the team so to have the traditional 4 Heroes of Light represented with Knight (Paine), Black Mage (Lulu), White Mage (Yuna) and Thief (Rikku)...

Skyblade
05-30-2013, 09:21 PM
You must love FFX-2.

Yeah in a way... :)
Although only three characters are not enough... Even wanting to have a solo-girl game they should have add also Lulu to the team so to have the traditional 4 Heroes of Light represented with Knight (Paine), Black Mage (Lulu), White Mage (Yuna) and Thief (Rikku)...

No Red Mage? :(

CimminyCricket
05-30-2013, 09:26 PM
I used Cloud, Cid and RedXIII. I picked the last two because they each had a Limit that attacked more than once.

SteahMeLee
05-30-2013, 11:26 PM
No Red Mage? :(

And no Monk, strangely enough since Monk is my favorite class! But I think the 4 core and more traditional classes are Warrior, B.Mage, W.Mage and Thief but when there's some open space for a Monk I put him there of course...

I don't like Red Mages though and I avoid them if I can... I don't like multiclasses or hybrid-classes, jacks-of-all-trades... I prefer extremely specialized classes... Warriors and Mages shall be really distinguishable to me! XD

Bloodnight
06-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Cloud, Red XIII and Tifa. ( sometimes I replace Red with Cid ).;)

Loony BoB
06-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Cloud, Red XIII and Tifa.
This is the best answer, and the best reason is because they are the best three characters.

Sephiroth
06-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Cloud
Aerith -> Tifa or Vincent
Tifa or Vincent

Sometimes: Yuffie and/or Nanaki

Jowy
06-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Cloud/Yuffie/Aerith. Cid takes Aerith's place for discs two and three. I like maximizing damage with my limit breaks.

Polnareff
06-14-2013, 12:31 AM
Cloud/Tifa/Yuffie or Cloud/Tifa/Cid.

Edge7
06-14-2013, 07:58 AM
I use Cloud and Red XIII as Red Mages, and give Tifa a limited amount of magic, such as cure and haste. Otherwise, she's my damage dealer, and I tend to make sure she has Fury, so I can build up her limit meter quickly.

SteahMeLee
06-14-2013, 02:01 PM
I tend to make sure she has Fury, so I can build up her limit meter quickly.

The same I do with Red XIII being set up as a Berserker! He can sacrifice accuracy to have access more often to Limits that are based on anger and there's no class more related to anger than Berserker! :D

DMKA
06-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Cloud, Barret & Cid.

Three best ultimate limit breaks. :)

Greatermaximus
06-17-2013, 09:10 AM
Cloud, Cid, and Yuffie. The have good limits and leveling up materia from what I could tell. Tifa, Barret, and Cait Sith felt too random to play. Vincent I got the second time and I don't like his Umaro attitude.

My alternative would be hellhound 13. What a lucky devil he is.

Mercen-X
06-20-2013, 09:11 AM
Favorites overall: Cloud, Vincent, Yuffie/Red XIII (there's no choice, they must share that spot)

In-game usage according to acquisition (not going to repeatedly mention the default character Cloud):
Barret and Tifa
Tifa and Aeris
Tifa and Red XIII
Red XIII and Yuffie
Red XIII and Vincent
Tifa and Cid for the rest of the game

Favorite weapon sets:
Cloud, Cid, Vincent

Favorite styles:
Vincent, Cid, Red XIII

Favorite for abilities:
Cloud, Cid, Tifa (duh)

Hollycat
06-20-2013, 03:04 PM
I always used Cloud, Yuffie because of her morph powers and long range attacks, and either Cid or Vincent for the other. I never use Cait Sith or Barret if I have other options available.

supernaps
06-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Cloud, Tifa and Cid.
On every single save of mine from every game that I have replayed, the rest are so crappy levelled up, only enough not to die when I need to use them.

chaosweapon
06-25-2013, 08:01 PM
My main three characters are Cloud, Vincent and Aerith/Tifa.

I think Cloud is the strongest character in the game. He has powerful weapons and limit breaks.

I also like to use Vincent. His Limit Breaks are useful in the first 2 discs. However when you reach higher levels, they are outmatched by the Limit Breaks of other characters.

My 3rd party member is either Aerith or Tifa. I use Aerith when available because she is a good healer. However, in times when she is not available I use Tifa instead.

Omni-Odin
06-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Cloud, Red XIII, and Cid. Every time. I think they're the best party bar none. Unless you consider Aeris in the party before the you-know-what moment.

SteahMeLee
09-10-2013, 07:43 PM
I think Cloud is the strongest character in the game. He has powerful weapons and limit breaks.

I know! I in fact underpower him a bit to balance him with the others (leaving the initial weapons helps since his is one of the lowest damaging although it's iconic)...

My 3rd party member is either Aerith or Tifa. I use Aerith when available because she is a good healer. However, in times when she is not available I use Tifa instead.

I give characters classes and any class has its Materia! No Aeris no White Mage but I think there are healing alternatives! Items but also Blue Magic! Not using White Magic without Aeris can be considered somewhat of a challenge... Well, it's the Job Class challenge! XDDD :D

CarvingUp360
12-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Cloud of course because he's the main character, wouldn't change him anyway. Tifa because she's sexy as and also either
Red XIII or Barret because i like them both as characters and their tough as :D 48748

black orb
12-07-2013, 04:47 AM
>>> Yuffie and other 2..:luca:

TrollHunter
12-07-2013, 04:51 AM
I'm still fairly early on (Recently got to the town in Corel on disk 1) but my main 3 is currently...
Cloud (because no choice, and hes pretty well rounded)
Tifa (because boobs (her limits are fun))
Red XIII (Because he's one of the most original FF companions to date, and I also quite like his stats and personality)

Carl the Llama
12-07-2013, 10:06 AM
My first playthough team consisted of the following:

Cloud (duh)
Nanaki
Cid

I only chose them because I was a young impressionable kid who just followed the example of his friend who recommended the game to him, in more recent years I decided to diversify and mixed it up between Aerith & Yuffie/Cid, as I loves Yuffies Conformer and well... who needs a reason to have Cid in their party other then the fact that he is who he is lol.

Elskidor
12-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Cloud and Cid default. Mix between Tifa and Red XIII for the rest. When it first came out I used Vincent as a default third because he looks cool. In later years I kicked him out or decide not to get him at all because I decided all he is is looks, and don't really care to have a gun user in the group.

escobert
12-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Cloud, Vincent and Cid. Sometimes Red XIII and Caitsith will be in there.

I'm actually replaying the game right now and am using Cloud Aeris and Red XIII.