PDA

View Full Version : What were your biggest achievements in 7?

Gzussaves
05-26-2013, 06:14 AM
Some of us spent way too much time (kind of) playing Final Fantasy 7... I for one had to have put in 100's of hours (unfortunately the clock can only go so high in the game)... Whether it was to the point to where your save file couldnt show gil because you had to much and it glitched, getting mastering certain materia multiple times (Knights of the round.. ugh).. lvling everyone to 99, getting every little materia in the game, you name it, I did it, over and over (wish i had that kind of freetime nowadays)

So what were some of your biggest or favorite accomplishments?

Gamblet
05-26-2013, 06:23 PM
My biggest achievements?

Probably breeding a golden chocobo and leveling Death Penalty to do 2500 damage with Slash-All.

Chris
05-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Breeding a Gold Chocobo, as well. It is such a weary task, and not really what I'd classify as "fun". :(

Formalhaut
05-26-2013, 07:48 PM
I did breed a gold chocobo. It was long, but a simple enough task to understand.

However, a task I could never somehow complete (because it was so darn difficult) was getting Aerith's umbrella from that bloody roller coaster. GARHHH!!!!

Gamblet
05-26-2013, 08:36 PM
I did breed a gold chocobo. It was long, but a simple enough task to understand.

However, a task I could never somehow complete (because it was so darn difficult) was getting Aerith's umbrella from that bloody roller coaster. GARHHH!!!!

I agree on the umbrella part. It was tedious as hell to find all the points!

Hambone
05-26-2013, 08:38 PM
I know people say that it's easy once you have a strategy down, but for someone like me who was able to do it at the age of twelve, it was definitely beating Ruby and Emerald Weapons (and being able to prepare myself adequately for the battles, like getting a gold chocobo, KOTR, the ultimate weapons, linking up my materia in a sophisticated enough way, etc.). It's probably my proudest achievement throughout the entire series.

I can't say I'm very proud of getting Lionheart on disc one of FFVIII. That one was out of sheer summer boredom.

Raistlin
05-26-2013, 11:32 PM
Nothing too exciting: defeating the Weapons, breeding all the chocobos, getting one round of master materia. The first time beating Ruby and Emerald felt like the most significant moments for me when I was young, even though they aren't that difficult for more experienced players.

SteahMeLee
05-27-2013, 11:52 AM
:jess: Hahahaha probably the fact to never use a Chocobo to get past the Midgar Zolom...

Gamblet
05-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Nothing too exciting: defeating the Weapons, breeding all the chocobos, getting one round of master materia. The first time beating Ruby and Emerald felt like the most significant moments for me when I was young, even though they aren't that difficult for more experienced players.

I remember when I first defeated Ruby: I spammed Hades and KOTR with W-Summon and Mime.

What made me proud was that I did not look that strategy on a guide. I was surprised it worked.

SteahMeLee
05-27-2013, 01:36 PM
What is most difficult to me in the game is to steal the Vagyrisk Claw and win the Umbrella at Gold Saucer... Even Chocobo Breeding is easier to me than these two...

TreasonWall
05-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Beating Sephiroth, Ultimate Weapon, Ruby Weapon and Emerald Weapon, completing the Battle Arena, and doing most of the optional stuff (I don't have Alexander or any roller coaster high scores) without ever breeding a single Chocobo.

SteahMeLee
05-29-2013, 08:56 PM
Beating Sephiroth, Ultimate Weapon, Ruby Weapon and Emerald Weapon, completing the Battle Arena, and doing most of the optional stuff (I don't have Alexander or any roller coaster high scores) without ever breeding a single Chocobo.

The Rollercoaster is actually a lot harder than even the Weapons to me, believe it or not... XDDD I may be quite an RPG expert but surely I'm not a shooters expert... XDDD

TreasonWall
05-29-2013, 09:03 PM

The Rollercoaster is actually a lot harder than even the Weapons to me, believe it or not... XDDD I may be quite an RPG expert but surely I'm not a shooters expert... XDDD

I'm decent myself, but I just really, really didn't want to farm the GP required to play it.

Ultima Shadow
05-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Didn't bother getting KotR against the weapons even the first time I fought them. I can't remember if I used Bahamut Zero or the Gil-tossing against Ruby. Probably the gil-tossing, since Bahamut Zero's animation is so darn long and gets very boring after a while. It did take much longer, but I also felt a great satisfaction from being a hipster like that. :monster:

I remember doing some challenges vs Ruby and Emerald later on too, but my number one biggest achievement would probably be completing my whole "lowest possible level, initial equipment, no materia" challenge. The final boss battle during that challenge was pretty darn intense.

SteahMeLee
05-30-2013, 11:23 PM
I remember doing some challenges vs Ruby and Emerald later on too, but my number one biggest achievement would probably be completing my whole "lowest possible level, initial equipment, no materia" challenge. The final boss battle during that challenge was pretty darn intense.

I do almost the same but my reasons are different, I have to keep the damage low to emphasize special attacks damage compared to normal attacks damage... I just need low (but not lowest possible) level and initial weapons to do so, but this is something I do in any FF... Adding the fact of classes! XD

CimminyCricket
05-30-2013, 11:27 PM
My biggest achievement was beating Ruby and Emerald and finally getting the Gold Chocobo.

Skyblade
05-31-2013, 12:49 AM
What is most difficult to me in the game is to steal the Vagyrisk Claw and win the Umbrella at Gold Saucer... Even Chocobo Breeding is easier to me than these two...

I never understood the difficulty in getting the Vagyrisk claw. Sure, it's rare, but it's not like it's impossible to get. I'm an insane powerleveller (Meteorain before the first fight with Rufus), and yet I was nowhere near the cutoff point at which the Vagyrisk claw disappears when I first get to the Cosmo Canyon area. It takes a little persistence, and, yes, you have to know it's there. But it's not really hard.

And I did get the Umbrella/Parasol. But I do have an advantage there, because it's way, way easier to get on the PC version.

Gamblet
05-31-2013, 10:13 AM
And I did get the Umbrella/Parasol. But I do have an advantage there, because it's way, way easier to get on the PC version.

I got it on PS1 like a boss.

SteahMeLee
05-31-2013, 11:19 AM
I never understood the difficulty in getting the Vagyrisk claw. Sure, it's rare, but it's not like it's impossible to get. I'm an insane powerleveller (Meteorain before the first fight with Rufus), and yet I was nowhere near the cutoff point at which the Vagyrisk claw disappears when I first get to the Cosmo Canyon area. It takes a little persistence, and, yes, you have to know it's there. But it's not really hard.

Yeah, maybe I used to be quite unlucky on this matter... I don't even powerlevel, I count on classes strategy but I remember passing ours with the poor Thief Yuffie trying to steal that damn Vagyrisk Claw... Maybe it was because she has huge Dexterity (granted by also equip and Materia) and is too good as a Thief?

Actually a worse Thief may have more chances... But my classes restrictions forbid to even equip the Steal Materia to anyone other than Yuffie... Hahahaha... :jess:

I always get it even on PSX for that matter and I don't go on until I have it, but it's hard to me... XD

Omni-Odin
06-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Mastering all Materia/Getting my Gold Chocobo/Beating Emerald and Ruby Weapons/Getting all Ultimate Weapons.

VeloZer0
06-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Beating the game in one sitting with no eating or sleeping allowed. The final time was 21:42. (I could have gone faster, but I hadn't played it in quite a while and wanted to enjoy myself.)

Gamblet
06-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Beating the game in one sitting with no eating or sleeping allowed. The final time was 21:42. (I could have gone faster, but I hadn't played it in quite a while and wanted to enjoy myself.)

Seriously?

SteahMeLee
06-17-2013, 12:44 AM

Amazing! :eek:

I'm just trying now to record my Job class playthough but I don't have particular restrictions beside that any character has a class and only some equip/Materia allowed and the other thing is that I keep the initial weapon for that normal/special attack balance! Also, I keep low level but not as low as possible, just low enough to keep a bit of challenge (considering physical attacks remain low and characters have class restrictions)... Playing with this setup could be some degree of achievement in an harder Final Fantasy, but VII is especially easy!

Greatermaximus
06-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Topic worthy - knowing when to quit. I found a reasonable amount of stuff. I must have posted it before. Don't need to find everything because it sits pointlessly in a file.

Mercen-X
06-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Going nearly 4 years without playing it. Trust me, that's an achievement.

In-game:
Filling my stables with Rank S Gold Chocobos, dashing past Zolom without a Chocobo (skipping the farm altogether), Obtaining Leviathan, Typoon, KotR, Omnislash and W-Summon, Aeris' Parasol and Cid's Flayer, Mastering E.Skill, Having Sex with Aeris and Tifa, Recruiting Reno and Rude, and performing Omnislash V6

Obviously those last three are jokes. Obtaining that Parasol AND Flayer was definitely tedious. As I recall, you had to get over 5000 points for each. But as the points don't reset, it becomes insanely difficult to win the Flayer after obtaining the Parasol if you won with too high a score. If you manage to hit everything including the UFO at the end, then only the rotating paddles on the Ferry can alter your score by a multiple of 1.