PDA

View Full Version : Your Happy Place

Shorty
05-26-2013, 11:40 AM
Where is your happy place you go to when you need it?

I think about being in La Jolla or Santana Barbara on the beach with the crashing waves and the ocean air blowing and sand between my toes. It always calms me or makes me feel better or just lifts my spirits, even if nothing is wrong.

DanielCLFFF13
05-26-2013, 12:19 PM
For me Lembang, for now I guess. I love journey. Long distance from my house to Lembang. Especially when entering the mountain area. Cold air. Although sometimes there is congestion and raid. Pisses me off sometimes. And the funny thing is I never got pulled over by the police in Lembang area (but in Bandung I got pulled over by the police several times hehe :D). Though I have not got a driving license and my exhaust bike is a little noisy. But after arriving at the destination. All loads, regret, anger and all the problem that surround me, is paid. With the beauty of the tea gardens, forests still greenery.
We are part of the nature it self. But this is my opinion. :)

Pheesh
05-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Behind a drum kit.

Unbreakable Will
05-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Beside a massive oak tree overlooking a babbling brook filled with smooth stones, nestled among rolling verdant hills. The sky is a perfect azure hue, dotted with wispy clouds and a daytime moon.

That's my perfect safe place that I retreat to within my mind. :meditate:

Sephex
05-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Playing an old video game usually does the trick. I recently played a fresh, new game of Chrono Trigger and I felt very much at peace.

Rebellious Eagle
05-26-2013, 07:27 PM
The beach for me as well. It's just so relaxing and I forget about all my troubles when I'm sitting in the sand.

Chris
05-26-2013, 07:48 PM
There's a park nearby where I live, with a hidden valley in it. I have never seen another person in that place, so I claim it as my own.

Shiny
05-26-2013, 09:54 PM
At a lake. I don't find beaches and hot sand very relaxing, but I do like bodies of water so I prefer the lake. Sometimes I just float on my back in my pool or in the lake and it relaxes and clears my mind.

chaos7
05-27-2013, 01:32 AM
I blast my music (usually J-pop :P or Vgame music like the FF soundtracks best: Prelude FFVII version, The Price of Freedom from FFVII:CC,fairy tail ending 7 not sure of the name) in headphone lie on my bed or lie outside on a nice day with a nice breeze close my eyes and take deep breaths. Or go for a long walk with same music, mostly I like walking in the evening when it's cool out.

escobert
05-27-2013, 08:43 AM
Right here in front on the computer.

Loony BoB
05-27-2013, 02:24 PM
For me, happiness is more about the people than the place. This is why I get more excited about people coming to visit me than about going overseas.

I don't have anywhere to call my own but my own flat as this country is massively overpopulated and I lack a car. In NZ, I would walk around a lot more. I'm always happy at Vittorias restaurant, though, so I'll just go with that. That place just has such fantastic service and fantastic food that I'm always happy when I'm there. :)

Aulayna
05-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Between my legs.

Sorry, I just had too.

Iceglow
05-27-2013, 02:37 PM
I don't suppose I have just one happy place, I mean mentally. I'm generally pretty happy and amicable but when I need to escape I tend to have a of ways of doing so, ranging from just chilling cutting myself off from the world and putting my music on to going out for a walk run or even saying "fuck this" and going clubbing because I want/need to get out and just shake my ass and forget shit.

~*~Celes~*~
05-27-2013, 11:43 PM
I imagine myself in a nice house with my husband and my son, and all is good

Jinx
05-28-2013, 03:09 AM
Are we talking just thinking pleasant thoughts, or a place we actually go to?

Pheesh
05-28-2013, 03:10 AM
I think you pick whichever of those two makes you happier.