PDA

View Full Version : Where was I...

Faris
05-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Darn it, I've been putting off playing FFV for another game and life but I finally got some time to start it up again. Unfortunately, I have no idea where I left off! Instead of starting over, I started wondering around and somehow managed to find my way back to the almighty plot all while walking around as the purple haired pirate of awesome.

So what do you do when you've stopped playing an FF game for a while? Do you wonder around until you find the plot, start the game over again, or is this your 10th run through and it's no big deal?

This thread is brought to you by the Fluffy Pink Party

Gamblet
05-26-2013, 06:20 PM
I simply simulate the plot in my head and it all comes to me. Sometimes there are 2 places quite similar and I accidentally mess them up, but overall it is not a big deal.

Raistlin
05-27-2013, 01:06 AM
If it's my first time through the game, I'll restart to ensure that I fully appreciate the story, unless I stopped right outside of the last boss (like I did for FFXII for some months). But if I already know the game and am just replaying for fun, I'll continue where I left off and just find out where I am. For my favorite games which I know pretty well, I'll quickly discern where I am in the plot.

Gamblet
05-27-2013, 01:34 PM
If it's my first time through the game, I'll restart to ensure that I fully appreciate the story, unless I stopped right outside of the last boss (like I did for FFXII for some months).

I agree with that. Sometimes when I am too far in the game to restart, I simply check a walkthrough to juggle my mind.

Pike
05-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Depends on the game and how I'm feeling about it. Sometimes I feel like restarting, other times I don't.

Chris
05-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Even though FFV is one of my favoriter game, it is extremely difficult to know how far you've gotten, if you haven't played it for a while. I'm currently in the same situation, I'm seriously thinking about just starting over. :(

Gamblet
05-30-2013, 08:22 PM
Even though FFV is one of my favoriter game, it is extremely difficult to know how far you've gotten, if you haven't played it for a while. I'm currently in the same situation, I'm seriously thinking about just starting over. :(

Yeah, it has happened to me too with that game. :(

Pike
05-31-2013, 07:14 PM
I was halfway through FFIII about a year ago and now I'm afraid of picking it back up because I have no idea where I was or what I was doing. xD

Even games like FFTA have this effect on me because if I put it away for too long then I will have completely forgotten what my plan was for each character and their class makeup.

Greatermaximus
06-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Only when I can't collect something ever again. Water Rongo in FFVI. In Final Fantasy V I'm tempted to try to beat those monsters in the two towers.

I had to tell a friend you have to avoid the battles and go for the boss. It took three tries before I learned *Spoiler* that you can only use magic on the boss in the magic tower.

I tossed 7500 gold and it 'returned.'

Loony BoB
06-04-2013, 12:19 PM
FFXII. Easy. I'm not a big fan of politics and keeping up with which Judge is which, so it was tricky to remember the storyline when I was actually playing the game (ie, doing endless Hunts and leveling), let alone when I left the game altogether.

Technically FFIII & FFIV as well considering I've played them a decade ago, stopped midway and have since forgotten almost everything about both of them.