PDA

View Full Version : What. the. fuck.

Raistlin
05-27-2013, 02:18 AM
Dolphin-Assisted Birth?Possibly The Worst Idea, Ever. (http://networkedblogs.com/LB9Cc)

That has to be one of the strangest things I've heard recently. Not only do these people want to give birth in the ocean, of all uncontrollable, non-sterile places, but they want to be surrounded by dolphins. How crazy is that?

I have two other topics for you:

1. What are some animals that everyone regards as nice and/or cute that are actually horrible creatures? The article goes into some detail about dolphins, which many adore and want to play with, but are in reality savage, murdering rapists. I'm also reminded of hippos, who are freakishly aggressive and prone to attack without any provocation.

2. What bizarre practices have you heard of lately?

fire_of_avalon
05-27-2013, 03:31 AM
I whole-heartedly stand by the idea that there should be licensing for parenthood. If you want to deliver a baby in the ocean surrounded by wild animals you get automatically sterilized forever. Because fuck you.

People are morons with too much money, too much time and not enough sense.

The Man
05-27-2013, 03:33 AM
The 6 Cutest Animals That Can Still Destroy You | Cracked.com (http://www.cracked.com/article_15853_the-6-cutest-animals-that-can-still-destroy-you.html)

Unsurprisingly, both hippos and dolphins are on the list.

Rebellious Eagle
05-27-2013, 03:45 AM
Platypi are both bizarre and dangerous so there's them...but they look ridiculously cute D:

Raistlin
05-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Platypi are very venomous, but I wouldn't consider them horrible creatures; they don't kill other animals for fun and attack unprovoked or anything like that (to my knowledge). They do certainly fit the "perceived as cute and harmless" stereotype when it fact they are pretty dangerous, though.

I whole-heartedly stand by the idea that there should be licensing for parenthood. If you want to deliver a baby in the ocean surrounded by wild animals you get automatically sterilized forever. Because fuck you.

I'm pretty sure the human race would die out then, because people are fantastically stupid about these sorts of things.

fire_of_avalon
05-27-2013, 03:32 PM
No we wouldn't. That level of stupid is rare. Super rare. Not as rare as it should be (non-existent) but rare.

Shaibana
05-27-2013, 10:24 PM
in japan they have donut heads..
they fill up your forhead with water.. and then push a hole in the middle.

.. Ooh asia :roll2

Shauna
05-27-2013, 10:25 PM

That actually isn't a prevalent thing in Japan. x3

Agent Proto
05-27-2013, 10:28 PM

Saline. Not water.

Sephex
05-27-2013, 10:28 PM
I read the title to fast and I thought it was about something with using dolphins as surrogate mothers. I bet that's the ending to How I Met Your Mother.

Shaibana
05-27-2013, 10:33 PM

Saline. Not water.

in dutch its called 'zoutoplossing' ... it is technicly just salty water... its water xD
dnt detail me!! :P

Unbreakable Will
05-28-2013, 02:10 AM
This is a terrible idea since there may or may not be gangs of dolphins Dolphins try to rape people?? - Yahoo! Answers (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091225004556AARIHu4).

:Oo:

Hambone
05-28-2013, 02:20 AM
Sea otters kill and rape baby seals. (http://news.discovery.com/animals/the-other-side-of-otters.htm)

Sure, they hold each other's hands while sleeping in the ocean so that they won't float away from each other, which is adorable but this...

This is not adorable.

Pheesh
05-28-2013, 02:54 AM
It must be nice to be American, where the only thing trying to kill you is the dolphins. See, here, the dolphins protect people from Sharks and we merely allow them to rape us as payment.

chionos
05-28-2013, 03:18 AM

Pheesh
05-28-2013, 03:21 AM
Locky thinks koala's are cute as well. She has been warned.

Shorty
05-28-2013, 04:48 AM
what the shit

Unbreakable Will
05-28-2013, 04:49 AM
Dude those little things are no joke, I remember reading a story (years and years ago) of how a couple hit a koala with a fucking truck going around 40-50 kph, the thing was fine and on top of that it was trying to beat the hell out of the truck.

:eek:

The Man
05-28-2013, 04:52 AM
Everything Trying to Kill You - Television Tropes & Idioms (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EverythingTryingToKillYou)

This article has a special section for "Real Life — Australia". I think that says it all.

Shlup
05-28-2013, 05:03 AM
SCREW YOU GUYS I'LL BIRTH MY BABY HOWEVER I WANT.

Semi-related, my BFF is the oldest of four girls. She had her baby without any drugs; it was 22 hours and very painful. Her next sister had her baby without any drugs, in the south of Mexico, at home, in a hammock. Her next sister is now pregnant, and talking about having a completely unassisted birth. Like just herself chilling at home with her boyfriend.

I don't even want to know what the youngest sister is going to do to kick up the crazy another notch.

Shaibana
05-28-2013, 04:47 PM
from these posts i can conclude that i will not swim in unknown waters :P

Rantz
05-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Drop bears.

Tigmafuzz
05-28-2013, 05:57 PM
I was a dolphin once.

Shaibana
05-28-2013, 05:59 PM
dit you kill and rape every living and dead thing? :l

Jinx
05-28-2013, 06:02 PM

Only the males.

Shaibana
05-28-2013, 06:06 PM
the name is verry neutral ... :P

Tigmafuzz
05-28-2013, 06:25 PM

I tried, and failed :(

Pumpkin
05-28-2013, 06:27 PM

Semi-related, my BFF is the oldest of four girls. She had her baby without any drugs;

I don't even want to know what the youngest sister is going to do to kick up the crazy another notch.

How is this crazy :confused:

Shaibana
05-28-2013, 08:01 PM

Semi-related, my BFF is the oldest of four girls. She had her baby without any drugs;

doing it without drugs.. ive heard story's.... take the drugs!

Pumpkin
05-28-2013, 08:06 PM
I've birthed three children without drugs. I don't regret it in the least.

Shlup
05-29-2013, 11:08 AM

The labor was 22 hours and she tore up both walls of her vagina. It's the good kind of crazy; just had to set a baseline to show how her sisters have escalated into new realms of crazy.

Pike
06-01-2013, 01:35 AM
1. What are some animals that everyone regards as nice and/or cute that are actually horrible creatures?

Hamsters. Hamsters. Hamsters. Hamsters. Hamsters.

They are cannibals who are more than willing to eat each other alive for a mate.

Also they hate everyone and everything.

Leopard geckos. Nasty little blurt of a reptile. Pretty much any other kind of reptile is nicer.

Cockatiels. See above but apply it to birds.

...yeah, working at a pet store for three years biased me hard against certain creatures xD

Shiny
06-04-2013, 01:04 AM
I had very pleasant cockatiels. Of course one of them masturbated every day so that probably had a lot to do with it.

Pike
06-04-2013, 01:14 AM
Yeah cockatiels are basically the most sex-obsessed bird.

The fact that I know this is somewhat distressing.

Shorty
06-04-2013, 06:02 AM
My lovebird did the same thing every day and it was horrifying.

Shiny
06-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Strange...I didn't know that was so common. The other birds I have never do that or at least not when anyone is looking. One of the birds does shake her butt at me a lot and toots it up...hmmm

Shaibana
06-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Strange...I didn't know that was so common. The other birds I have never do that or at least not when anyone is looking. One of the birds does shake her butt at me a lot and toots it up...hmmm

you are being sexually intimidated by a bird

Pike
06-04-2013, 08:31 PM

you are being sexually intimidated by a bird

I have been. Knew a cockatiel that would go give some to his mate whilst giving me the evil eye anytime I got close.