PDA

View Full Version : Favourite console so far?

Aulayna
05-27-2013, 02:40 PM
So whilst the next generation war is heating up - lets reflect on the consoles of yesteryear and the last millennium.

Which console was your favourite? Not just from the last generation but from the entire history of gaming!

DanielCLFFF13
05-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Maybe Pc, because that's all I got. But XBOX is one of my favourite. Since I played it at my cousin's house. And it blow my mind with a cool looking features. And we can make our own avatar. It just the most coolest console ever! Microsoft is the best! But this is my opinion :) I hope XBOX 720 do come out. And I hope I can have at least one XBOX.

Shauna
05-27-2013, 03:48 PM
PS2 hands down. Such a great library of games. :D

Bolivar
05-27-2013, 04:51 PM
I don't see why there has to be one! The PS2 probably has to be the best library of all time but it's not like I have a book case ONLY full of classics. All my systems have some classics, some good games and a regretted purchase here and there. Staying up all night playing Red Alert 2 2v2 gave a different vibe from watching Sephiroth burn down that village or finding the Mew glitch.

So I'm gonna take this time to say the GameBoy Color was the shit!

Loony BoB
05-27-2013, 04:57 PM
PS2 if you include the PSX games.

Probably PSX if you don't. Tough call, though.

Not counting PC, since PCs aren't really consoles. If anyone's gonna go around saying "PC is the best console" then I challenge them to let us know which five years of PC releases were best.

Pike
05-27-2013, 05:10 PM
SNES.

let us know which five years of PC releases were best.

1998-2002.

Del Murder
05-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Probably SNES for me. Most of my favorite games ever are for it.

I'm curious the age of each person who answers this question. I bet more often than not you choose the system you grew up with as your favorite.

Pike
05-27-2013, 05:51 PM
What would you say counts as when you "grew up"? The SNES could probably count as that for me because I was in the 10-13 age range when I was playing it, but my favorite PC era happened at the tail end of high school/when I graduated high school. I wonder if people would say that still counts as growing up.

Aulayna
05-27-2013, 05:52 PM
For me it's a toss up between the SNES and the PS2. I got my SNES relatively late in the 16-bit era as it was a hand-me-down from my Uncle after he got his Playstation. Up until that point I had a Sega Mega Drive (Genesis to the US) and I loved Sonic the Hedgehog etc. But then games like Super Metroid and A Link to the Past blew me away.

But then again I also have so many fond memories of PS2 titles too.

NeoCracker
05-27-2013, 05:53 PM
God it's hard to do this, but PS2. My love of Persona 3 and 4 manage to edge this system out over the SNES.

And the sytem I grew up with, SNES, is really close to winning it for me. :p (Also grew up with Genesis, but yeah, not a contest there. :p)

Del Murder
05-27-2013, 05:59 PM
What would you say counts as when you "grew up"? The SNES could probably count as that for me because I was in the 10-13 age range when I was playing it, but my favorite PC era happened at the tail end of high school/when I graduated high school. I wonder if people would say that still counts as growing up.
I would say 10-16 so maybe both count for you.

Quindiana Jones
05-27-2013, 06:19 PM
PS2 because it is the best console ever made.

Raistlin
05-27-2013, 07:43 PM
PS2 was the best console ever, and may be impossible to beat in the future (especially with the decline in emphasis on backwards compatibility).

If we're limited only to each console's individual library, then PS1 would be close, perhaps tied. SNES would be an equally close third. Basically everything else would be far behind (I'm not including PC, as that would just be unfair).

Scotty_ffgamer
05-27-2013, 10:24 PM
I haven't played very many games of the earlier generations. I had the systems but just never had very many of the games. I'm sure if I could go back and acquire more of the classics people love, the SNES would be my favorite. However, the PS2 has gotten the most play time of any system for me, and my favorite games of all time are on either the PS2 or PSX.

I'd probably rank it:
PS2 (including PS1)
DS
SNES/Nintendo 64
Genesis
NES/GBA (including original Gameboy here as well)
PS3/Vita
Wii/Gamecube (I just really didn't own anything for Gamecube. Or Wii for that matter despite some of my favorite games being on there).
Turbo Grafx
Xbox/360

Sephex
05-27-2013, 10:29 PM
SNES, but have enjoyed many things from before and after.

Del Murder
05-28-2013, 02:22 AM
I don't really think it's fair to count the PS1 games with PS2! You are all cheating!

Raistlin
05-28-2013, 02:46 AM
I disagree. Backwards compatibility is a feature of the system that impacts how useful or enjoyable you found the console. It'd be no different than giving XBox a boost because of XBox Live or the N64 an edge because you liked the controller. Limiting the consoles to their own library of games is simply arbitrary; although "which console had the best library of games" is a valid question, it is not the same as "favorite/best console."

In short: :p

Araciel
05-28-2013, 05:04 AM
PS2

all those games!

Shoeberto
05-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Yeah the PS2 was pretty baller. So many great original titles plus you could play all the PS1 games. I just think that's hard to beat.

Though I loved the GameCube too. Lots of great little original titles on it.

The SNES is a really strong contender but I don't think the games had enough variety for me over the years. The games that came out were excellent at what they did but the library was largely top-down adventure games or side-scrolling platformers/shooters.