PDA

View Full Version : What would fix the FFVII universe?

Rostum
05-28-2013, 09:50 AM
A hypothetical situation. Let's say you have to include and cannot touch the compilation, what would it take to fix the mess that FFVII currently is in if they were to add a new and final game into the series?

What would fill in the holes and fix the discrepancies between the compilation and the original? Is it at all possible, or has Square dug it into a hole it cannot get out of?

I propose this because many are quick to hate the compilation, but I find it'd be more constructive to have further insight in fixing those issues. At least, it'd be interesting what ideas some would provide.

Aulayna
05-28-2013, 09:54 AM
Well if we can't remove the compilation, remove FFVII itself, problem solved ;)

Rostum
05-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Well if we can't remove the compilation, remove FFVII itself, problem solved ;)

Touché.

Greatermaximus
06-17-2013, 09:35 AM
To paraphrase many points over the years is to bring it into the modern age. We authors don't have time to invent new plot and/or themes for that matter. There's no perfect way.

If perfect is the incorrect word then my 'FULL' topic should explain it. Whatever it is, you've presented something that's expected to be believed.

Omni-Odin
06-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Just remove the compilation and VII is a game anyone should be able to enjoy front to back and in the end say, "Damn, that was a pretty good game." No need to dig any deeper. The compilation makes VII look weak because it makes it seem like VII needed anymore explanation. It really didn't.

EDIT: Whoops, to answer the OP's answer, nothing. The games and movies are already out of the box so that's kinda that. I guess one thing I could thing of is a game where you play as Kadaj and the two others to kind of get a glimpse at how the hell they came to be whatever they were (a convoluted, storyline mess). Literally the only thing I could muster is this.

Mercen-X
06-19-2013, 10:10 PM
The only way in which I can imagine whatever this mess is that you're referring to is by accounting for Before Crisis and Crisis Core and their subsequent relation to the main game. Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus occurring after the game really bare no impact (even if they include flashbacks, Dirge in particular in its introducing the character of Grimoire Valentine whom we'd never heard of). Not having the ability to play BC, I don't know with any certainty it actually has any real impact on the main storyline. The existence of Genesis and Zack's apparent defeat of Sephiroth are huge problems for fans.

My biggest issue has always been the end of DoC which hints at the continued story of Genesis. I want that story.