PDA

View Full Version : My son is a gamer

Pumpkin
05-28-2013, 04:56 PM
He is definitely my son. He is 3 years old and this weekend he started playing the original Legend of Zelda. He likes he boomerang and is smart enough to know how to switch the equipment around and stuff. He's really enjoying it :jess:.

Discuss things that make you realize how much your kids are like you/you're like your parents.

Jinx
05-28-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm smoking hot like my mom.

CimminyCricket
05-28-2013, 06:14 PM
The Tri-Force is strong with that one. :vader:

Pike
05-28-2013, 06:16 PM
My parents played lots of games and my mom mapped out this one particularly maze-like level from an "Aliens" game on graph paper so we could all get through it. I just feel like a chip off the ol' block. :jess:

Raistlin
05-28-2013, 11:52 PM
I am... not really at all like my parents. My dad is also pretty logical, and we share some similar interests (sports, certain action movies), but we're otherwise different. And I'm nothing at all like my mother. I sometimes made my parents play sports games or Super Mario Kart with me as a little kid, but that was the extent of their gaming.

My younger sister is also very unlike me. She's not a nerd, not a gamer, not a reader... it's amazing she's even related to me!

NeoCracker
05-29-2013, 12:00 AM
My dad gamed a little. Mostly just Link to the Past. :p

Sephex
05-29-2013, 12:10 AM
My parents dabbled a bit in the NES and early PC stuff. Actually, my mom is obsessed with the Viking Clan Facebook game. As for non video related stuff? My father and I like a lot of the same music, both old and new.

Pike
05-29-2013, 12:13 AM
Thinking about it I am actually nothing at all like my dad. He is maximum extrovert and is into sports and going out and normal people stuff. Both of my parents used to game as I mentioned in my earlier post but they stopped probably about midway into their 20s.

All five of my siblings are full on gaming geeks, though. I raised them well :smug:

Shiny
05-29-2013, 12:30 AM
My mom and I basically have the same exact voice. It is funny answering the phone and relatives or her friends think I am her. I played hookie a few times pretending to be her when the school called in.

My dad and I have similar temperments and share the same love for roller coasters. He also got my sister and I in to hobby racing.

Rebellious Eagle
05-29-2013, 03:37 AM
I have the bad temper of my dad and the weird obsessive tendencies like my mom. But other than in looks I don't feel very similar to my parents at all.