PDA

View Full Version : Nothing but the music.

Loony BoB
05-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Do you ever just listen to music and not do anything else at all? Lights off if possible, just kind of letting each song be the only thing that your senses deal with. I love doing this so much, and I find I appreciate music a whole lot more when I hear it that way - and it doesn't matter what kind of music, I can listen to pop, dance, rock, metal, classical, whatever... I just love to 'feel' the music, I guess. I do this pretty often when I download various top 40 songs to see which ones I like most.

Of course, I listen to music 'normally' all the time, too, like with a headset on the bus or just while I'm gaming or doing whatever on the PC. I just like sometimes taking the time to focus on the music rather than having it as an addition to whatever else I'm doing/experiencing at the time.

How do you prefer to listen to music?

Værn
05-29-2013, 10:06 AM
I often stroll around town late at night listening to music from my phone. That's the closest I usually come to doing nothing else but listening to music, though I'll occasionally sit on the bench outside of the library or at the park just to relax for a while.
I wish I could get my old MP3 player to work again. It's nice to be able to search for songs by something other than their file names.

Pheesh
05-29-2013, 10:36 AM
All the time. It's the best way to understand and learn a new song for me, and I will do this whenever one of my favourite bands releases a new album, I miss too much otherwise. To me, a good album heard through really good headphones or monitors is just as engaging as watching a film, if not more so.

Pike
05-29-2013, 10:56 AM
I don't actually listen to music very often. Mostly because I'm usually playing a game and I like the in-game music.

My favorite way to listen to music is alone in my car while I drive :)

Chris
05-29-2013, 11:22 AM
I switch off the lights, and put on a record. when I mean record, I mean record. I have an old turntable and over 100 records, mostly from the 1940s.

Night Fury
05-30-2013, 12:45 PM
I always have music on it. At the moment I can't stop listening to Bruno Mars and Paramore. But I love having music on when I'm browsing teh webs. Sometimes before I sleep I like to listen to a few songs on my iPod and often I drift to sleep listening to music.

Shorty
05-30-2013, 05:25 PM
If I'm having lights-off music relaxation time, I'm going to be listening to relaxing music. Meditative music, specifically.

Agent Proto
05-30-2013, 06:30 PM
I... usually don't listen to music actively. However, I only do so while I'm driving, most of the time. I've grown to be okay with no music playing while on the computer, because I don't want to miss a thing. If I have music playing, I'll get distracted or not hear when I'm needed out of my room. It sucks, yes. I deal with it anyway.

Freya
05-30-2013, 06:39 PM
I do it often times. But I usually end up dancing if it's upbeat. I do like to put on my classical, or "boring music" as my boyfriend calls it, and just listen to it.

Unbreakable Will
05-30-2013, 11:18 PM
Sometimes.

If I'm in a contemplative mood or, adversely, if I just need to drown out the cacophony in my mind.

Jowy
05-30-2013, 11:35 PM
All damn day! On the walk to work, all day at work, on the walk back, and then playing from my speakers when I get home! Except for bedtime, that's when I just fall asleep to the sound of the rain or usual city noises.