PDA

View Full Version : Body Contact

Loony BoB
05-29-2013, 09:59 AM
What kind of physical interaction are you comfortable with when dealing with friends? I'm a hugger and a handshaker for the most part. I'm not a kisser... I find it weird that some people at events want to mock-kiss your cheeks or whatever. Still, I remember when some friends of our family adopted these kids from Russia, they were about three or four, and whenever the little guy saw me he would run up, grab my hand, pull me down really hard so that he could reach my face, grab my head and plant a great big smacker on both of my cheeks. It was how he said hello, and it was adorable. He also liked to punch really hard. Not so adorable. >=| But yeah. Some people aren't even okay with hugs, though.

Where do you slot into the body contact scale? What's cool with you amongst friends or aquaintances?

Formalhaut
05-29-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm very much a hugger. I love hugging my friends though I'm often loath to do so in case they don't like it. :(

I don't really do kissing though. At least with friends anyway.

Pike
05-29-2013, 10:42 AM
People kiss their friends? :O_O:

I'm not one for much body contact. I'll do a hug or two but that's it.

Loony BoB
05-29-2013, 10:56 AM
People kiss their friends? :O_O:
Sometimes I see them do that thing... it's not even really kissing. It's like a "mwah, mwah" thing where they have to make the sounds "mwah, mwah" with their voices. The more bump cheekbones than anything, it seems... anyway, yeah, I know of others from different cultures that kiss on the cheek a lot. I actually find it really sweet, but I don't know if I could ever do it back without feeling really, really weird about it.

Shlup
05-29-2013, 11:02 AM
There are like five people on this planet I actually like hugging. The rest I'd rather not touch at all.

Pheesh
05-29-2013, 11:03 AM
My family is Italian so it's totally normally to kiss both cheeks of every woman at the gathering (and even some of the older, super Italian guys will do it as well), but with most people it's just a handshake. Back when I was in a band all 4 of us would bro hug, where it starts with a hand shake and ends with a hug. My best friends and I don't do anything like this, it would feel weird.

Night Fury
05-29-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm such a huggy person! I love a hug, but only with some people. I don't just hug everyone. I have a bit of a personal space thing. I hate hate hate strangers or people I don't know very well being right up in my space it makes me feel so on edge.

Chris
05-29-2013, 12:43 PM
I love to hug my friends. I love being hugged. :(

Shorty
05-29-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm the person who always turns new acquaintanceship handshakes into hugs.

But if I don't know you, don't touch me.

Shauna
05-29-2013, 04:13 PM
I enjoy a good hug, yes I do. Much like everyone else, I am not open to huge from just anyone though.

I have a lot of Spanish family, so the cheek kiss thing is commonplace when it comes to them. I always give my grans a kiss/cheek-bump thing too, though. Dunno why, just always have.

Pumpkin
05-29-2013, 05:16 PM
I hug my son and I hug my boyfriend and that's where it ends. Unless one of my friends is very sad, then I will hug them if they want me to. the thing is, I love getting hugs from the person I'm dating. I hate hugs from anyone else. it might stem from my childhood, but most physical contact from people I am not dating (or my son) makes me very uncomfortable.

Quindiana Jones
05-29-2013, 05:24 PM
If I can't rub myself on you, I'm not comfortable having you around.

Jinx
05-29-2013, 05:38 PM
My grandparents always insist on kissing me on my cheek. The either get a mouthful of hair, or struggle to keep me in the hug because I lean so far back.

Don't fucking kiss me.

Araciel
05-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Bumpin' uglies.

Dat Matt
05-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Hug the ladies (You've met more than once), handshake the dudes. Cause you hug for the boobs

Unbreakable Will
05-29-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm shy meeting new folk, so it's usually just a handshake or a nod. With people I know, I'm definitely a hugger! :squeeze:

Calliope
05-29-2013, 07:25 PM
The best part of being friends with someone is having a secret handshake. I thought that was obvious.

Troy & Abed Handshakes - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi7BjTJiMcQ)

Raistlin
05-29-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm not big on personal contact with people at all. I don't even like hugging most people. The only exceptions are very close friends and my sister, and in those cases I can be much more touchy-feely.

dandy da oak
05-29-2013, 10:24 PM
Hugs are great! I love giving people hugs. I'm the weirdo who hugs people after only meeting them once. But hugs are awesome, and they make you feel awesome! Unless you have a fear of people or whatever, then I must seem like some kind of psychopath...

noxious.sunshine
05-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Sometimes I'm a huggy person. Depends on the person. I'll do handshakes in a formal setting - like for a job interview.

I'm more of a high-5-er for some reason. I give 'em really hard. Usually injures people. I think it's funny. heh.

escobert
05-29-2013, 10:52 PM
I just start humping peoples legs.

Aulayna
05-29-2013, 11:25 PM
I tend to hug - though usually I'm also quite shy and reserved which means hugging takes place less often than I'd liked. I'm not one for the whole fake kissing thing that some girls do where they hug and air kiss each other on the cheeks.

fire_of_avalon
05-30-2013, 01:14 AM
I can list less than a dozen people I hug. I don't kiss anyone unless I'm drunk. Then I'll kiss anyone. And hug anyone.

Otherwise you're not allowed to touch me.

Quindiana Jones
05-30-2013, 05:52 AM
I give the best hugs in the world, by the way. Let's arrange an EoFF Arthur Hug Meetup.

Loony BoB
05-30-2013, 09:23 AM
I can list less than a dozen people I hug. I don't kiss anyone unless I'm drunk. Then I'll kiss anyone. And hug anyone.

Otherwise you're not allowed to touch me.
If we're ever in a meetup, can I politely request you get drunk on the way there? 'cause there is no way I'm not hugging foaffles.

Shiny
05-30-2013, 01:05 PM
I really wish people (meaning my grandmother) would stick to just a hug or handshake. I really can't with her kisses.

fire_of_avalon
05-31-2013, 03:35 AM
I know you well enough to hug you, BoBBles.

Denmark
05-31-2013, 03:54 AM
Hug the ladies (You've met more than once), handshake the dudes. Cause you hug for the boobs

yeah i'm 100% with mr. shauna on this one. and agree with his reasoning.

noxious.sunshine
05-31-2013, 04:17 AM
Iiiii take back the mere huggings. Sometimes... Like. If I happened to be tipsy at work and effing off with the people I was uh... "Closest too"... I'd smack some asses foozeball-style back in the kitchen. Yeaaahhhh Buddy. Nun like sexual harASSment in the work place. w00t.

Loony BoB
05-31-2013, 01:13 PM
I know you well enough to hug you, BoBBles.
That's why I'm asking you to get drunk. :D

It's my default welcome to female (and some male) EoFFers.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-31-2013, 07:26 PM
I hug all my friends, male or female. Big ol' "pick you up off the ground" hugs. :jess:

Sometimes, with the guys especially, it starts out as the handshake bro hug.

Cuchulainn
05-31-2013, 08:44 PM
ppl find it hard to get past my knife.

Chris
05-31-2013, 08:47 PM
...In your pocket? Nice and hard? Please hug me, Cuch!

Miriel
06-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Sometime around the 6th grade, all the girls started to hug each other as a greeting and as a farewell. I was baffled by this at first, but whatever. When in Rome. And this behavior kept going and going and going. So now it's conditioned into me. Hug when you meet. Hug when you part. It's Pavlovian now.

Malboro-Menace
06-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Zero. None of the physical contact. If somebody goes to shake my hand, I will not accept, resulting in an awkward situation. If somebody, however; rests their arm on me, hugs me, makes any physical contact against my will, I will instantly break free and slap them with my tie. That is, assuming that I'm wearing a tie. If I am not, then GOD HELP US ALL.

XxSephirothxX
06-06-2013, 03:09 AM

Only guys I hug are family members, pretty much. Friends on very rare occasions.

Come to think of it, I don't really handshake or hug any of my close male friends--we've known each other so long that there's no reason to shake hands, but we're not huggy. Handshakes are more for acquaintance-level friendships.

Loony BoB
06-07-2013, 01:16 PM

Only guys I hug are family members, pretty much. Friends on very rare occasions.

Come to think of it, I don't really handshake or hug any of my close male friends--we've known each other so long that there's no reason to shake hands, but we're not huggy. Handshakes are more for acquaintance-level friendships.
To be fair, I never hug any of the guys who I know from Edinburgh. Just close friends I haven't seen in forever. I'd hug Dan or Lev, for example.

Chemical
06-10-2013, 03:40 PM
I think the important thing here is to point out that Raistlin said he is likely to be more touchy-feely with his sister.

Cuchulainn
06-10-2013, 03:53 PM
I think the important thing here is to point out that Raistlin said he is likely to be more touchy-feely with his sister.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Unbreakable Will
06-10-2013, 04:00 PM
http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r601/AralGamelon/Ricky-Gervais_zpsba636a6b.gif (http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/AralGamelon/media/Ricky-Gervais_zpsba636a6b.gif.html)

Bloodnight
06-10-2013, 05:02 PM
I prefer handshake, even as a kid I didn't like hugs and kisses that much, dunno why, guess it's because of my personality :p, but I really love all of my friends ( in a dude way ).:lol::lol::lol:

Rebellious Eagle
06-11-2013, 07:18 PM
I don't mind hugs, but I'm not a fan of people who aren't my friends touching me. I don't know why. Maybe because so many people thought it was okay to touch me without permission. -.-