PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy

Night Fury
05-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Any Grey's lovers in here?

To be honest I'm surprised I haven't already made this thread. I love this show. It is such trash at times but goddamnit I love all of those damn sexy dr's and their dramatic lives and I can't not watch it.

IT'S A CURSE MAAAAN.

I love them.

This season finale killed me though, not as much as the plane crash - I am STILL not over that.
Let's discuss all thing Seattle Grace Mercy West/Grey Sloan Memorial.

Shauna
05-29-2013, 04:07 PM
I get the distinct feeling that it may just be you and I keeping this thread going, Locky. xD

Freya
05-29-2013, 04:18 PM
I AM WORKING THROUGH IT ON NETFLIX. I'm on the season before the one that just aired. Omg that show gives me so many feels. I often have tears coming down. DAT SHOW ;_;

Aulayna
05-29-2013, 04:49 PM
I would do dirty things to some of those doctors in the hospital.

CimminyCricket
05-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Jasmin and I watch it all the time, it's mildly addicting. We've missed the last 2 or three episodes, but we plan on catching up soon, so no spoilers. Before Private Practice went off the air, Jasmin and I would watch that together as well.

Calliope
05-30-2013, 06:48 PM
I watched up to season two. Then I waited like...eight years or whatever and caught up in a few months, it was ridiculous.

Where the hell is the spoiler tag button?

I knew the ending was going to happen like that, and it was awful, because they have to kill off every good character - George, Lexie, Mark (omg, whyyyyy?). Seriously, the bit where Mark is trying to work out how to work the video camera is so sad.

Plus, how much does it suck to be Calliope (!) and have not one, but two of your spouses cheat on you?

Slothy
05-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Plus, how much does it suck to be Calliope (!) and have not one, but two of your spouses cheat on you?

Seriously, fuck George and Arizona. Using being in a fucking plane crash to justify cheating on your damn wife like she was the only one who would have a hard time with her being lost in the woods hurt for days and losing her leg.

Freya
05-30-2013, 08:11 PM
OH GOD I DON'T WANT TO CLICK THOSE. I DID THOUGH AND THOSE PEOPLE ARE STILL ALIVE FOR ME. I DON"T WANT TO KNOW THIS ACKKKKK

this happens to me having grey's liked on fb :/

CimminyCricket
05-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Or like reading through the thread on a forum skin that doesn't support spoiler tags. xD I totally got spoiled.

Shauna
05-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Agree 100% with Calliope and Vivi. So mad.

SO MAD. :nonono:

Slothy
05-30-2013, 08:47 PM
There's a forum skin that doesn't support spoiler tags? That's balls.

CimminyCricket
05-30-2013, 08:59 PM
That's what I said! Lucky for my, though, I'm horrible with names and none of that really affected me now that I can't put faces to those names. xD

Night Fury
05-30-2013, 09:24 PM

Seriously, smurf George and Arizona. Using being in a smurfing plane crash to justify cheating on your damn wife like she was the only one who would have a hard time with her being lost in the woods hurt for days and losing her leg.

Yes.

I also hate how just out of the blue it was. They were doing SO SO WELL. They'd recently started having sex again and stuff. I felt like it was a bit of a cop out tbh. I really hate how Arizona throws the leg thing back in Callie's face too. She had no choice whatsoever. It was either lose the leg or lose Arizona.

I really liked the interns this season.

Also, Christina x Owen. That pissed me off. Why work so hard to get them back together then to re-hash the kid thing? Seriously?

Slothy
05-30-2013, 10:47 PM
I really liked the interns this season.

I agree with pretty much everything else you said, but as far as this part goes I find it helps when one of them is Lara Croft

Shauna
05-30-2013, 10:48 PM
I agree with pretty much everything else you said, but as far as this part goes I find it helps when one of them is Lara Croft

What, who? xD

Night Fury
05-30-2013, 10:55 PM
Jo! She is the voice of Lara

Shauna
05-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Really? I had no idea!

Slothy
05-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I was just reading about the game on Wikipedia or something while I was playing it and checking out the cast when I found out. It's hard to pick up if you only play through the game since she's got a British accent in game but none in the show obviously.

Also, Mousey pretty much became my second favourite intern by the end of the season. So hilariously awkward. My favourite scene with her was probably the marble.

Shlup
05-31-2013, 12:45 AM
Grey's Anatomy has been one of my most favorite shows for nine years. Being pregnant at the same time as Meredith all year was fun! I hate Arizona and hope she gets hit by no less than three buses.

fire_of_avalon
05-31-2013, 03:57 AM
I watched this show up until Season 3 and then decided I'd had enough of the bullcrap. Why the hell would they all continue to date each other when it always turns out shitty? Get some new friends, doctors!

Calliope
05-31-2013, 07:13 AM
They have no time for making friends outside of work!

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY TO SAVE LIVES <3

Freya
06-01-2013, 07:00 AM
I was wondering why more people aren't like, i dunno, checking out Seattle grace mercy west place thing. Like seriously, they have had a lot of unfortunate events there in Seattle. Earthquakes, boats crashing, shootings etc etc etc. That is a bad town to live in. At least they know they'll always have a job I guess.

Chemical
06-01-2013, 09:23 AM
I love it. Seen every season, every episode. Yang and Owen are still my favourite couple. Mousey is the best new intern (and yes the marble seen was a klencher). Kepner is a tool. Ya for Alex and hobo Jo. I hope Calli beats Arizona with her prosthetic leg. I still think about Omaley from time to time. Best over all romance was Izzy and Denny. ... going to rewatch S09 over now k thx.

My only real disappointment is finding out that hospitals are not really this interesting... aside from the odd nurse/doctor hook up does occur... And the interns on the medical/surgical floor were all pretty damn sexy...

Shauna
06-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Kepner is a tool.

Hahaha, 100% yes. She is awful.

I am sad about Webber. I wonder if he'll magically pull through. ;_;

Chemical
06-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Kepner is a tool.

Hahaha, 100% yes. She is awful.

I am sad about Webber. I wonder if he'll magically pull through. ;_;

My money is on no way. That last line was pretty straightforward: "and only then in those quiet moments after the storm do we learn who was strong enough to survivet." Make way for more bbc psychosis.

Shauna
06-01-2013, 04:14 PM
:(

Slothy
06-01-2013, 06:28 PM
For some reason I like Kepner more than I should. Except when she's freaking out talking about Jesus and virginity anyway. Then she's just stupid.

Night Fury
06-01-2013, 07:13 PM
I have a love and loathe relationship with Kepner.

Sometimes she's badass, other times she's a whiny moron.

Shlup
06-02-2013, 10:05 AM
I was wondering why more people aren't like, i dunno, checking out Seattle grace mercy west place thing. Like seriously, they have had a lot of unfortunate events there in Seattle. Earthquakes, boats crashing, shootings etc etc etc. That is a bad town to live in. At least they know they'll always have a job I guess.

You want there should be less going on? Like everyone just... talks all the time?

Calliope
06-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Ugh, I just want ___________ to be okay!

Matching sets, anyone? ;_;

Night Fury
06-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Sig/Av sets?

I wanna be Lexie. I feel like a Lexie. And I miss her. ;_;

Freya
06-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Guys I just finished season 8 on netflix. What do now D: I need 9 what do what do

Slothy
06-03-2013, 12:22 AM
Guys I just finished season 8 on netflix. What do now D: I need 9 what do what do

How opposed are you to illegal downloads?

Freya
06-03-2013, 12:30 AM
Well I'm not but my cable provider is a dick about it. Any abonormal bandwidth stuff and they shut me down :(

Slothy
06-03-2013, 12:42 AM
That's kind of fucked up/big brother-y. I wonder what they'd do if someone was using a lot of bandwidth for legitimate purposes?

Calliope
06-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Sig/Av sets?

Yeah! I was going to say I wanted to be Mark, but now I feel odd about it ><;;;

Shlup
06-03-2013, 05:40 AM
Season 9 probably won't be put on Netflix until like late August or early September. :p

Calliope
06-03-2013, 05:44 AM
It's on Hulu, though. You could sign up for a free trial of Hulu Plus, which would enable you to watch it free for a week, which may or may not be helpful depending on how much you're willing to watch in one week.

Freya
06-03-2013, 05:48 AM
That's.... not a bad idea!

Chemical
06-10-2013, 01:36 PM
I would be a Yang. :) I love Yang by far the coolest most badass.

Aulayna
06-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Sig/Av sets?

Yeah! I was going to say I wanted to be Mark, but now I feel odd about it ><;;;

Go for it!

Calliope
06-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Meredith named her baby Bailey this season, and she wasn't the only one to do so..

Aulayna
06-16-2013, 12:39 AM
I guess I'd probably take Meredith if we did sets.

Calliope
09-28-2013, 05:15 AM
Okay, so this show is back on!

+Doctor Webber is alive! For now :D
-Mousy is dead... *shrugs*
+Calliope is pissed, and Arizona's in the dogbox. Fun!
-Kepner is an idiot.
-Alex + Jo = Boring.
+Avery yelling at people is pretty great. Christina and Bailey yelling is pretty great. Yelling is pretty great.
+Funny stories involving George = great.

Shlup
09-28-2013, 05:38 AM
I liked Mousy. That actress is pretty good at getting killed though.

Shauna
09-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Oh man the drama of this show. I have missed this, it has been a long few months.

Slothy
09-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Why must everyone I love die? :(

Freya
09-29-2013, 04:51 PM
New season starts and that's when netflix gets season 9 xD I'm just a bit behind I'm trying guys I'm trying!

Shlup
09-30-2013, 06:06 AM
They usually put the old seasons up a week before the new ones start. Catch up!

Night Fury
09-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Wasnt greatly impressed by the first ep. RIP Mousey and tg Webber is okay.

Also shitting myself about flesh eating bacteria irl.

Freya
09-30-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm about halfway through this season so far. I don't care about t hat one girl intern who's with karev. Or however you spell his name. She's all "I was a foster kid waaah" Blah. I'm not a fan of the owen and christina stuff either. Seriously either be together or don't. This is getting tiresome. And I still am not the biggest fan of arizona. Now she's all whiny about her leg and I just don't like her character anymore. Bailey just got married so that was cute. But adele died :(

i love kepner xD I hate her jesus freak ways but I love her quirky freakout ness

Slothy
09-30-2013, 10:52 PM
I used to like Arizona. Then she lost her leg and I hated her. Then she kind of got better and I thought I might be able to like her again. Then the end of the season came and I hate her again.

Just something for you to look forward to Freyakins.

Shauna
09-30-2013, 10:55 PM
Also nobody loves Kepner, that is a crazy opinion.

Slothy
09-30-2013, 11:00 PM
Kepner is awesome. Not because she's likeable, and she is a crazy religious nutbag, but she's awesome because she's crazy. Not many characters on the show are as consistently entertaining as she is when she freaks the fuck out.

Shauna
09-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Fair enough, she is entertaining when she flips out. But I still wouldn't say I love her character. xD

Slothy
09-30-2013, 11:29 PM
Of course not. Her character is awful. But she's awful in the same way Mission Impossible on the N64 is awful. Objectively the worst thing ever, but still amazing.

Freya
10-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Whatever her character is awesome! I'm so glad they kept her. during the shooting episode I was like "yeah caveman guy and pixie hair girl are gone" I hated those two. I wasn't a fan of izzie either.

I miss george :(

Night Fury
11-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Omg, seriously, the Halloween episode was totally the best one of the season so far. It had EVERYTHING I love about Grey's! Drama, teary moments, funny moments, crazy medical situations... It was perfect. Just perfect.

Calliope
11-19-2013, 04:33 AM
Ugh, the latest episode was painful to watch. At least Cally has her Dad, though.

Slothy
11-19-2013, 04:35 AM
I feel bad for what's her face the intern that was sleeping with Arizona. I'm not a big Arizona fan lately, but the intern seemed pretty happy with her.

Calliope
11-19-2013, 04:53 AM
Yeah, that sucked too. Boo Arizona!

Shlup
11-19-2013, 05:28 AM
Poor slutty intern just won't learn not to sleep with her bosses.

Slothy
11-19-2013, 05:31 AM
I actually kind of liked them together. But then Callie comes a callin' and it's all get dressed and leave. I mean, I get wanting to go back to Callie because who wouldn't really, and I get needing some time to think, but she could be less of a bitch about it.

Shauna
11-19-2013, 09:50 AM
They are ruining all my favourite things this season. Why are they tearing Meredith and Christina apart. :(

Night Fury
11-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Because Christina needs a reason to leave this season :(

Shauna
11-19-2013, 01:52 PM
:( :(

Shlup
11-20-2013, 09:41 PM
Ditto. :( :(

Calliope
11-22-2013, 01:01 PM
So much bitchface in this week's episode, ugh. It really sucks to see them forcing Yang to leave as the season progresses. Stupid Emma and Meredith.

Night Fury
11-25-2013, 12:07 PM
You know, I really hate what they're doing to Yang.

They're making her ambition and desire for her career a negative. They're making her isolated for not wanting kids, wanting to do amazing surgery. I don't know why they're doing this to her as a character. Why isn't this making her the best character on the show? I still love her so, so, soooo much, but as a viewer, I feel like I have to decide between Mer and Yang too, and I hate that. I like them both for completely different reasons.

They're punishing her as a character for wanting different things. Why would someone who doesn't want children not want to attend her friend's kids partieS? That just wouldn't happen. They're deliberately cutting all her ties and they didn't have to take this route. It's been coming for a while though, I hate how they kept breaking up Yang and Owen over the SAME kid issue again and again. Urgh.

Shauna
11-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Takin' the words right out my mouth, Locky. :( It all just feels so unnecessary and it makes me sad.

Slothy
11-25-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm with you guys, except I never really liked Meredith much so I hate what they're doing to Christina even more. And I hate the implication that a woman who cares about her career, is ambitious, and doesn't want kids can't be happy.

Calliope
12-15-2013, 03:37 AM
OH MY GOD THIS EPISODE I THINK I'M GOING TO CRY AND VOMIT AND I'VE BROKEN OUT INTO A COLD SWEAT

Shauna
12-15-2013, 11:19 AM
I for some reason thought everything was done for Christmas. ._.

EDIT at 12:33, after watching the most recent episode: HNNG MY HEART

Calliope
12-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Is it possible to get PTSD from a TV show :p? All this episode I had ~Yang & Burke Flashback Bad Feels~, and then in the last minute of the show I basically lost the ability to breathe. Anyway, I'm probably in the minority but I'm on TeamJackson+April. Is Jackson totally disorganized and disrespectful? Sure - but it's his now-or-never call to action, and he did it, even though it's humiliating and he's probably going to get shot down. April loves Matthew, but she only went with him as he was the "safe" option. Is that enough? I'm not sure. Everything has been leading up to her having to confront her feelings (you could try to be more subtle, writers!) and reconcile her desires with her faith. Ugh. Roll on, February.

MLT need to get a life, places too much emotional investment in the trashiest show on TV ;_;

Shlup
12-15-2013, 08:49 PM
I just wanted her to marry Matthew and move on. As soon as they got engaged I began to pray they wouldn't pull a cheesy "Jackson stands up and objects" thing. I don't usually see things coming in shows, but dammit they pounded the obviousness of this one into our heads. Why does Shonda hate marriage?? AHHH!!!

I hope Meredith and Cristina made up forever. Seeing them fight gave me so many sads. :(

Also, in case there was anyone left who didn't hate Shane:

http://i.imgur.com/PoHd5bd.jpg

Miriel
12-20-2013, 11:16 PM
I just want to say, I hate every single one of the interns. Like, just passionately loathe.

I can't believe how much I hate Shane. And I don't think it's just the character either, the actor is just waaaay overacting. Which is weird given how good he was in Friday Night Lights.

The Meredith/Christina drama is so stupid. And I hate the Jackson/April thing too. Oh and I haaaaaate Bailey! WTF is wrong with her? I feel like she only ever has 2 modes: angry & indignant or a whimpering, simpering, sulky mess. It's just so unappealing to watch.

God, this is just such a terrible show. And I watched 1.5 seasons in 5 days. :D

Calliope
12-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Uuuuuuuuuugh, Shane. So much awful. And I really, really hate the Bailey arc. Can we not just have a successful black doctor without making them full of rage, an alcoholic, a dropout, struggling with mental illness or committing fraud and then leaving without a trace like a jerk?

Shauna
12-20-2013, 11:22 PM
I am just hoping they resolve the Christina/Meredith nonsense and get them back to being best buds. I don't care how much they need to give Yang a reason to leave at the end of this season, it is a painful plot that needs to end. :colbert:

Miriel
12-20-2013, 11:36 PM
The show seems to think that there is only one way to exit the show and that is: badly

So you either have to be killed tragically or you're sent off packing with your character ruined. How many characters have left the show with the character still maintaining some likability and ALIVE? Maybe Teddy? Although I never liked her character to begin with. Addison? I think she left on ok terms but that may only have been because she was still part of the Grey's universe.

Shlup
12-20-2013, 11:37 PM
It seemed like they made up in the last episode... Well, they apologized but stated they were growing apart. They'll obviously end on good terms, just wish they'd stay close.

EDIT: Ha, yeah, I'm trying to think of a character that left without being killed or ruined or both and I'm coming up empty, aside from maybe Addison, who got her own show and will probably come back to this one.

Calliope
03-02-2014, 06:58 AM
Aaand it was back on the air this week. Was I the only one who caught it?

Night Fury
03-02-2014, 07:27 AM
I still need to download and watch it, probably tomorrow!

Shlup
03-02-2014, 07:35 AM
I watched it.

It was ok. People are getting along better, so that's nice.

Night Fury
03-02-2014, 07:41 AM
What are everyone's favourite Grey's moments?

I'm never going to forget the final moments of season 5 with George and Izzie and that song, that moment with the elevator was just done brilliantly.

The shooter episode, when Bailey is trying to save the intern. My heart.... it breaks!

Of course Lexi's death. It killed me, absolutely broke my heart and I still can't watch it. Urgh!But my GOD it was well done.

Calliope
05-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Cristina killed it yesterday, those were some damn intense looks she was shooting at you-know-who.

Slothy
05-03-2014, 12:45 AM
Can we just refer to who it is? It wasn't exactly a secret who was showing up since my wife was telling me weeks ago. And I think most people that don't want spoilers know to avoid these threads if they're not up to date.

Great episode though.

Calliope
05-03-2014, 01:23 AM
Well, we don't all talk to your wife. Spoiler tags exist for a reason!

Slothy
05-03-2014, 02:53 AM
You should talk to her. She's a lovely person.

Shlup
05-03-2014, 03:00 AM
I love Sandra Oh's weird face and crazy hair. I want to hear all about Cristina and the Chocolate Factory.

Slothy
05-03-2014, 03:04 AM
I think we need a spin off. I know it won't happen, but it would be amazing. I'd watch the hell out of the Christina Yang show.

Night Fury
05-03-2014, 08:24 AM
Well they did do Private Practice. I think Shonda has a lot on with her other shows, and I do believe it was Sandra who wanted to stop being Christina, as well.

Shlup
05-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Sandra Oh is walking around Disneyland today. This always happens on my days off!

Calliope
05-03-2014, 11:02 PM
You Oh it to us to go find her!!

Slothy
05-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Well they did do Private Practice. I think Shonda has a lot on with her other shows, and I do believe it was Sandra who wanted to stop being Christina, as well.

I more meant a spin off with a character I actually cared about.

I kid. Mostly. I never actually watched Private Practice beyond the first few episodes.

Shlup
05-04-2014, 05:47 AM
You Oh it to us to go find her!!

Pfft, Saturday is no-pants day.

Except that now my co-workers are talking about seeing Adam Sandler too. I miss everything fun. I missed Nicholas Cage by literally 10 feet because I was looking at something else.

Shauna
05-16-2014, 08:21 PM
I am sad to see Christina Yang go. :(

Although all those contrived plot points from the end of the episode... I am already excited for it coming back! Where else would I get my dose of drama?!

Calliope
05-18-2014, 08:27 AM
Her departure was kinda a let down for me - the award ceremony was much more moving! On the other hand, c'mon doc webber don't let me down now!

Shlup
05-19-2014, 10:44 AM
Cristina got a happy ending! First time in GA history! It was perfect!

Night Fury
05-20-2014, 10:31 AM
Loved it, I will really miss her in Grey's. The dynamic will change so much without her there, but I'm sure she will guest star quite a bit.

The dance scene was great, was holding back some tears. AND what a twist at the end! Wow! I have to say I really loved all the 80's cover music in this series too, all round it was a solid series, not too much drama. There's certainly a lot in store for series 11.

GiOZsj3ZicQ

Shauna
09-26-2014, 12:37 PM
So uh, this started back last night. Time for a mega-bump.

I have not watched it yet, but when I get home...

Night Fury
09-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Yeah I'll have to get it downloaded at some point too. I'm not that excited this time around! :(

Night Fury
10-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Caught up just now

Awesome opening episodes!

Calliope
10-04-2014, 12:48 AM
UGH DOCTOR WEBBER ;_____________;

Shlup
10-05-2014, 12:48 AM
I like Maggie. I do.

Night Fury
10-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Ugh is anyone allowed to be happy in this show? Poor Webber :( I'm looking forward to how the Alex/Mer friendship plays out this series. I love Alex and he really hasn't had all that much to do for a while.

I also really wanted it to be Alex on the board

Shauna
10-12-2014, 12:32 PM
I also really wanted it to be Alex on the board

Me too. :( I mean, what's he gonna do now? No job... ugh bad times.

But of course nobody can be happy. This is Seattle Grace Hospital. If there was happiness there could be no endless drama, and where would the fun be in that?

But I am interested to see how Maggie's story will play out.

Night Fury
10-12-2014, 04:23 PM
So much shit happens to Alex Karev. I really, really want him to get his chance to shine that the show has been alluding to for years. I mean, I like Bailey but she has gotten so annoying in the last few seasons, can't quite put my finger on why, but she has.

Just, urgh. Shonda. Give Alex something amazing this season, please.

Shauna
10-24-2014, 06:23 PM
my heart

Calliope
10-24-2014, 06:56 PM
This week's episode was boring and predictable.

Shauna
10-24-2014, 07:28 PM
It totally was, but it still made me sad.

Calliope
10-24-2014, 08:11 PM
It made me miss Mark, though; and then I was sad.

Night Fury
10-25-2014, 04:38 AM
I really enjoyed it. I'm sad for Arizona but glad this could be the end of their relationship on the show so Callie can be frickin awesome again. Also, more of the MerxCal friendship plz Shonda.

Shlup
10-25-2014, 06:01 AM
Why does Shonda hate marriage so terribly terribly much?

Night Fury
11-13-2014, 06:11 AM
Is anyone caught up?

I just watched the episode with the car jacking and April's mom. I actually really loved this episode. It had funny moments and it was pretty emotional too, this season has been great so far even though I feel like that's probably an unpopular opinion. There's quite a lot going on. Webber though :( Just about to watch the latest episode! I'm totally off track with this though, I thought they took a break for Halloween but there's two episodes I missed. Not sure if episode 8 will be on for me tomorrow. Oh well!

Night Fury
11-27-2014, 04:10 PM
I feel like I might be the only person keeping up with this show haha.

Still loving this season though, it feels really well paced. I think my favourite storyline so far though is Arizona's. I'm hoping that the writers don't try and push Callie and Arizona back together though, because my god have I enjoyed them being apart.

Amelia and Owen <3 I can see where this is going.

Also, for goodness sake I want Stephanie to get a storyline where she isn't just a part of someone elses. She is amazing and is so underused. Urgh.

Shauna
11-27-2014, 04:21 PM
I'm watching! I'm always watching.

Quindiana Jones
11-28-2014, 02:07 AM
When George stopped being in it, I stopped watching it.

Calliope
11-28-2014, 04:00 AM
I want Catherine Avery to come back and stir up trouble, but I also want something good to happen to Dr Webber, just once! Same for Hunt. The Amelia "outing" episode made me think of the one where Meredith's mother comes into the hospital and loses it, yes?

In other news, Jesse Williams' twitter account is flipping amazing (https://twitter.com/ijessewilliams). He has been ranting about Ferguson for days, I wish we could hang out and discourse, man.

Night Fury
11-28-2014, 04:08 AM
Yeah Jesse is awesome with that kind of stuff, he pretty much owned a news reporter over the Michael Dunn trial a while back...

UL5awaQNNQE

Calliope
11-28-2014, 04:30 AM
Excellent! LOL at him grimacing when the anchor inevitably mentions Grey's Anatomy, and also that he has to explain that he actually thinks about other people :P

Shlup
11-28-2014, 06:39 AM
I don't care if it's Amelia and Owen or Amelia and a homeless man, I just want Amelia to fall in love again. Poor Amelia.

I can't decide if I'm mad at Derek or not.

Night Fury
11-28-2014, 06:40 AM
I never watched Private Practice so this is really the first I've seen of Amelia, but I do really like her and there's a good chance she can bring something to Grey's. I love how excited she was at the end of the episode when she told Arizona she could treat Herman's tumor.

Shauna
11-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Also, for goodness sake I want Stephanie to get a storyline where she isn't just a part of someone elses. She is amazing and is so underused. Urgh.

It took me a moment to remember who Stephanie was. :erm:

Basically I agree.

Slothy
11-29-2014, 04:11 PM
I don't find Stephanie interesting, but that's probably because she's never been given much of a chance to stand on her own.

Shauna
01-31-2015, 11:39 AM
It's back!

Anyone catch it this week?

Shlup
02-01-2015, 09:27 AM
I just watched it.

It was pretty good. Needs more Alex.

Tyson
02-01-2015, 09:41 AM
I'm a straight male who has watched every episode of this show (which I'm gonna blame on my ex gf's, this and True Blood!)

But yeah there needs to be more going on in Alex's storyline, and from the ending of the latest episode I'm guessing that means April and Jackson are keeping the baby? That seems like a bad idea, I get she's super religious and all but damn :/

Shlup
02-02-2015, 06:17 AM
They don't entirely know the severity of the disorder. The kid could live an just be fragile, or the kid could die. If it's going to die shortly after birth, then if I were in their shoes I would want to carry to term so I could hold my baby during it's very brief life. If it will live then... it'll live. A person with type 3 ostiogenesis imperfecta can live a perfectly happy life, though surgery is never fun. One of my best friends has type 1 and has "obliterated" (doctor's words) a few bones but he's worth keeping around. My cousins have ectodermal dysplasia, which means lots of surgeries, but they're worth keeping around. They're all happy, disorders and all, and we're happy with them around. Don't gotta go aborting every little thing.

Night Fury
02-09-2015, 02:00 PM
Oh man. That scene with April in the kitchen - riveting stuff I'm hooked on this storyline.

Shlup
02-10-2015, 06:56 AM
I am really not a fan of failed pregnancy storylines. Fuck this.

Night Fury
02-10-2015, 08:11 AM
We don't know that it will fail. I think Nicole and Arizona will be able to save the baby.

Shlup
02-10-2015, 08:16 AM
If the kid has type 3 ostiogenesis imperfecta, it's already failed.

Tyson
02-11-2015, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I don't really see how this storyline could have a happy ending :(

Shauna
02-11-2015, 01:31 PM
When has Greys Anatomy ever given us a happy ending?

Slothy
02-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Well there was that time that...

Or maybe...

Oh, there was that time Hunt finally got out of his self destructive relationship with Christina. Even if it did mean losing the best character on the show.

That's as close as I've got. That and the time Webber didn't die. That was pretty cool too.

Shlup
02-12-2015, 05:13 AM
Cristina's the only one with a happy ending, and it's because she left!

Calliope
02-17-2015, 06:01 AM
Burke also had a happy ending :D

Shlup
02-17-2015, 09:46 AM
Well, he didn't leave on a good note like Cristina did, but he ended up in a good place. I tend to forget about that though since the actor left under unpleasant circumstances. xD

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-19-2015, 02:46 PM
I am slowly starting my addiction. I am on season 5, right where Addy is back with her bro who has worms in his head. Der is trying to propose to Mer. :D

I really love Alex's character as he grows and Bailey is <3. But yeah. :x Callie is badass too.

EDIT: I think I have been watching it only for a month or so...IT IS CRACKALICIOUS. I really should go back to How to Get Away with Murder...And watch Private Practice since Addy is fucking awesome.

Night Fury
02-19-2015, 02:54 PM
Adddddddyyyyy yessss you want to hate her but ya can't!

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-19-2015, 03:02 PM
I only wanted to hate her like the first episode or so then I was like she's awesome sauce.

Night Fury
02-20-2015, 06:24 AM
Just caught up on last weeks.

Baw. I really had hope it would be different. That must have been hard for Sarah Drew too, as I know she's pregnant in real life atm.

BUT. I am SO shipping Amelia and Owen hard right now. Urgh, that last little scene yessss

Night Fury
02-22-2015, 08:18 AM
dp don't even care

Omg yes yes yesssss that kiss at the end of the latest episode I LOVE it <333333

I also really, really love Arizona and Herman's new friendship - I hope Herman can get Arizona to skate again. Love how she was just calling Arizona a dirty girl and they both burst out laughing - happy doctors are the best

Night Fury
03-05-2015, 04:30 AM
Holy shit. I cannot wait for tomorrows episode talk about a bloody cliffhanger!!!!

That last episode was so gripping, I love Amelia and I need her to succeed in this, I love Nicole too and I am so hoping she lives. I don't think she will though, it really feels set up that she's going to die. Please don't do this to Amelia, Arizona, or Nicole.... PLEASE SHONDA!!!!!

Calliope
03-05-2015, 05:26 AM
It's nice to have a cliffhanger that isn't based on someone's love life, or crappy things happening to Weber. C'MON OTHER DR SHEPHERD, YOU'VE GOT THIS

Night Fury
03-05-2015, 08:31 AM
I think that Derek might be called to come and assist, but I'm hoping (and predicting) that he'll just say something like "You can do it" or just give her confidence and not take over the surgery. I really, really hope she does it!!! I LOVE the Nicole/Arizona friendship..... I like happy Arizona!!!! I can't wait for tomorrows ep!

Shlup
03-06-2015, 03:08 AM
I don't care if she lives or dies, I just really want Amelia to get a new storyline. I like Amelia, and I'm not usually hard to please when it comes to my shows, but I just am really not interested in any of the current storylines.

Night Fury
03-06-2015, 04:08 PM
I loved that episode! Man this series has been fantastic imo

Calliope
03-06-2015, 05:41 PM
I was happy with the outcome, but it still felt like a let-down, mostly due to having Dr Webber stand in as the ~magical negro~ yet again, although I suppose someone had to pull Amelia out of it.

Shlup
03-07-2015, 12:46 AM
I was surprised by how much I liked that episode, and I'm satisfied with the outcome. And I liked Amelia's acceptance of the outcome. And the superhero references were endearing.

~magical negro~
I'm sorry, what? xD He definitely often ends up as the "wise older guy" role, but I'm not sure what his negro-ness has to do with it, and it certainly doesn't bother me. Do you not like Webber's pep-talks?

Night Fury
03-07-2015, 03:02 AM
I agree with Shlup. I think out of everyone it had to be Webber, he did see Derek perform the spinal surgery, and he had a close bond with Amelia because of the AA. I think he knows her well and in the show he does provide a lot of that wisdom because of his age and experience I think. I'm really glad Stephanie was part of it and I hope she gets some more storylines of her own like this!

Calliope
03-07-2015, 03:50 AM
I like the pep talks, I just want for him to succeed at something on his own (other than not drinking) for once ;_;

Night Fury
03-07-2015, 04:14 AM
I think that now the Herman storyline is (kind of) concluded, we'll go back to seeing him try to rekindle his relationship with his daughter!

Calliope
03-07-2015, 04:38 AM
Maybe! I really liked Stephanie in that episode, too; and Callie annoyed me ><

Night Fury
04-08-2015, 05:44 AM
I love Stephanie and I'm glad she's getting more and more to do! :D

That said, I can't even tell you how in love I am with Amelia this season. Goddamnit, she's my new Lexie. Shonda better not kill her off or hurt her.

Shauna
04-08-2015, 08:33 AM
That said, I can't even tell you how in love I am with Amelia this season. Goddamnit, she's my new Lexie. Shonda better not kill her off or hurt her.

:erm:

Shauna
04-12-2015, 10:46 AM
Ugh the preview for next week. Reminding us about that plane crash. Why must they never let this wound heal!?

Night Fury
04-18-2015, 06:21 AM
Ahh the latest episode annoyed me. Fucking Amelia and Owen - WE WERE SO CLOSE YOU GUYS. SO CLOSE.

Stephanie is well the best character though. She's cracked me up all this season. Next week preview shows that McDreamy might be McDead. Uh oh. I doubt it, he's just McHeroing everyone in the McCar crash.

Shauna
04-18-2015, 09:40 AM
Unless they actually kill him off.

Calliope
04-24-2015, 05:06 AM
Oh man...

;_____________________;

Night Fury
04-24-2015, 05:54 AM
Oh God I should not have checked this thread before watching. Oh God I have no hope now.

Night Fury
04-24-2015, 10:02 AM
Was that actually serious?

What the actual fuck. No way - sorry but I've about had it with this show now.

Calliope
04-24-2015, 05:29 PM
Some observations:

There were so many ways he could have left the show - have him work in DC and just come back at the end, for example! And what, Meredith just didn't call Amelia or anyone? I understand next of kin, but even so. And to have him die because of negligence? What the hell. Eleven seasons of a character just tactlessly wiped out. Ugh.

CimminyCricket
04-24-2015, 05:31 PM
Hahahaha this is fantastic I can't wait until my permanent roommate sees this.

Shauna
04-24-2015, 06:16 PM
I am unsurprised that he actually died because I recall Patrick Dempsey wanting out.

But yeah. What an unceremonious way to go.

oh my god the promo for the next episode "nothing will shake these doctors like the death of one of their own" ahahaha like that doesn't happen every season

Calliope
04-24-2015, 06:49 PM
Welcome to Grey Sloan Shepherd Ramoray Reed that other intern that got shot Teddy's husband Memorial Hospital

Shlup
04-25-2015, 01:52 AM
I've been invested in this relationship for my entire adult life. Shonda promised us a happy ending. I am... displeased.

Calliope
04-25-2015, 02:07 AM
I think we should riot. This is not okay, and I also refuse to believe that Meredith is staunch enough to withstand this on top of everything else she has gone through. Dragging your fanbase through the mud for the sake of cheap writing? Ugh.

Night Fury
04-25-2015, 02:30 AM
I still don't understand. I feel like this was a massive cop out for Derek's storyline, as has been commented, which has been an 11 year arc.

It was SUCH cheap writing. Like, I'm really not a Derek fangirl - I like a lot more characters a lot better. I still like his character, he just doesn't top my list, honestly. But are you seriously trying to tell me that this man has survived being shot, being in a plane crash and having his hand destroyed... and he dies because of hospital negligence because Patrick Dempsey wanted to leave? Really Shonda? Really though? Who do you think you are? GRRM?

I just find it so unbelievable - like... I love this show, damn they can do a good medical drama storyline, but sometimes it just goes too far, and I understand that it's a drama show so things are OTT a lot - but now Meredith's whole life is a smurfing nightmare. It's like something a pathological liar makes up.

Meredith's Mum is pretty weird and she has a weird/borderline abusive upbringing
Deadbeat dad
Puts her hand on a BOMB
Get's with the love of her life - uh oh, his wife shows up!
Drowns and nearly dies
One of her best friends ends up getting brain cancer
BOOM. Another best friend is hit by a bus totally randomly and DIES.
Derek is shot in the hospital
She suffers a Miscarriage
Told she has a hostile uterus
Her adopted daughter is taken away because she tampered with the Alzheimer trial and she and Derek split, again.
Is involved in a plane crash which kills her sister, Lexie, and Derek's best mate, McSteamy
She is pregnant again
Slips down some stairs
In a storm she ends up going for C Section WHEN SHE NEARLY DIES BECAUSE REASONS.
Falls out with her very best friend Cristina for REASONS
Cristina moves away but why because WHO WOULDN'T WANT TO LIVE IN SEATTLE RIGHT?
Discovers she has another half sister!
Uh oh, McDreamy is dead

And I mean, just add Derek's death to the pile of trout that's happened this season with April and Jackson who have pretty much had no screentime since.

Ayen
04-25-2015, 03:18 AM
Saw this being reported on on TV. Came to see the fallout here, did not realize how much bulltrout was going on until I read this.

I don't even watch the show and I'm offended.

maybee
04-25-2015, 09:03 AM
They clearly did this for viewer ratings and media attention :roll2

pls

Tyson
04-25-2015, 10:47 AM
oh my god the promo for the next episode "nothing will shake these doctors like the death of one of their own" ahahaha like that doesn't happen every season

One thing I've learnt from this show, being a surgeon is probably the most dangerous profession on the planet. All your co workers are dying..... all the time.

I agree it's kinda silly they had to kill him off, I know it's a drama show but not every character has to DIE when they decide to leave the show hahaha.

Calliope
05-03-2015, 01:35 AM
And yup, the writing for the follow-up episode was just as bad, if not worse: No Christina, no Addison, no Amelia freaking out at Meredith, almost no Meredith; and a bunch of crappy sub plots no one cares about, ending with the baby that surprised noone. It's time to walk away.

Slothy
05-03-2015, 02:38 AM
Just the simple existence of that baby is awful. Could they throw out a bigger cliche than that?

On the plus side, now that Derek is dead and they seem to have dealt with the entire mourning process I look forward to not spending too much time on it from here out. Or rather, I really hope they don't spend a lot of time on it. I've never been a huge fan of Derek or Meridith in general so please god let's just move on.

Night Fury
05-03-2015, 07:04 AM
Yeah that episode was shoddy. The scene with Amelia, Owen, and the oxy did get to me though, and the two burnt ladies.
I hated the Ben and Bailey stuff, I wanted to skip through it. I really feel like Bailey's character has been ruined. I feel like she gets walked over by everyone now - what happened to the Bailey from the first season? The baby thing was dumb. The timeskip was dumb. I wish there weren't still characters I cared about so I could just quit this show out of protest. She's put the nail in the coffin of it now.

Night Fury
05-08-2015, 09:40 AM
Holy damn April Kepner.

New Chief perhaps?

Slothy
05-08-2015, 10:11 PM
Just when I think I'm getting out, Keppner pulls me back in.

Calliope
05-09-2015, 06:58 PM
I mean, that was ridiculous, but DAMN.

I really don't want Bailey to be chief. I think I'd vote for Keppner or Torres. I wish Jackson were doing more. I'm glad Meredith finally got confronted, selfish ingrate. And what's up with Maggie's parents? So much going on in this damn episode, no one cares about you, new interns.

Slothy
05-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Ridiculous, but makes an awesome kind of sense.

I would also rather see Keppner or Torres as chief. Bailey might have been a good choice once upon a time, but I can't see it right now.

Night Fury
05-10-2015, 04:59 AM
Yeah I'm kind of over Jackson and Karev just being there for ladies storylines. Jackson is hurting over the death of his baby too and I don't think April has ever talked to him about it, and Karev has just kind of become Meredith's 'person' and that's all he is. I was really wanting Karev to get more of a storyline this season as he's one of my favourite dudes in the show - but no, he just stands around looking angry a lot. I think Karev might make a good chief, actually. As would Torres.

I can't believe Webber would want to put Bailey forward for chief, actually. Well, I can.

Shauna
05-15-2015, 07:20 PM
Looks like with this finale many of your issues are being approached in preparation FOR NEXT SEASON!

I gotta admit, I am diggin' the Meredith/Amelia/Maggie trio friendship that's been building.

Night Fury
05-16-2015, 05:24 AM
I enjoyed the finale. I am just so cross though at Jackson and April. Ditching both of their partners at the Wedding to elope and get married because they were so in love and now Shonda is breaking them up. Ffs! I'm again showing my bias and love for Edwards here but she and Jackson were so good D:

Next season predictions!
Alex and Jo engagement
Amelia and Owen will dance around getting it onnnnnn
Edwards will shack up with the McSteamy-lookalike intern
Bailey will NOT become Chief - which means someone else (newbie) will
There will be something to do with the podunk hospital and maybe like, some legal stuff or they might try and expand the hospital to two hospitals so the rubbish one can become a teaching hospital
Arizona may start a medical trial for fetal surgery
Jackson x Maggie maybe?

Night Fury
06-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Been watching this from the beginning again and I have a few thoughts.

I miss old Nazi Bailey.
Addison is a Goddess
George is a fucking clutz how did he become a Doctor?
Alex is the best, dude, I freaking love Alex.

Night Fury
07-03-2015, 03:51 PM
Just finished series 3.

God, Izzie is completely unbearable pretty much the entire season.
I really hate the Alex x Ava stuff. I think they should never have made it a romantic thing.
Burke annoys me.
WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE ADDI. AND WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE LIKE THAT.
Mark Sloan did not get enough screen time.
Fucking Thatcher and his shit.

Shauna
07-03-2015, 03:53 PM
I barely remember half of these characters. I am also tempted to go back and watch all this (and some classic Gossip Girl) but I kinda want to watch Agent Carter first.

Night Fury
07-03-2015, 04:02 PM
Well, Agent Carter is only 8 episodes!

Also, it's not as fun to watch Grey's when you're just like "oh hello! you're dead now. DEAD."

Shauna
07-03-2015, 04:11 PM
Thought it was longer! Ah well, I'll get right on that.

Shauna
09-25-2015, 06:01 PM
it back!

Night Fury
09-25-2015, 06:18 PM
OH MY GOD WHEN

Freya
09-25-2015, 06:56 PM
Last night! I missed it but I had it set to TiVo it so I can watch it this weekend.

Night Fury
09-25-2015, 08:36 PM
Had a few tears at the storyline this week.

Maggie is a fucking boss.

Japril can bugger off I don't care about their squabbles.

Amelia and Owen yaaaaaasssssssssssss please.

I am longing for a Stephanie Edwards storyline this season. Please.

I will only accept Bailey as chief if it means she totally screws up at some point, I really don't like her as chief, honestly. I liked the other lady better.

Slothy
09-25-2015, 10:49 PM
I like old Bailey as chief better. Back before she lost that fire and anger that made her a total boss in the early seasons. I don't think she's been the same since the shooting at least, and marriage kind of turned her into a bigger wuss. I want the Nazi back.

Night Fury
09-26-2015, 12:16 AM
The staph and OCD thing changed her too. She's just a pushover now and her interns (Mer, Karev) have completely excelled her. Also the HIV thing was just... I can't even. How can she have done that and its like everyone has forgotten? It's a shame because she was such a great character - I was rewatching the earlier seasons and she was such a beacon of wisdom but now yeah, everyone else is better than her and she's just not on their level it seems.

Slothy
09-26-2015, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I was just thinking after posting how not only is she a wuss now, but the very people deciding if she gets to be chief and who she's partly intimidated by are 90% people she trained and used to brow beat for being idiots. It's like there's zero recognition for the fact that she whipped them all into being decent doctors for years and at worst should see herself as their peer if not their mentor.

Night Fury
10-10-2015, 09:36 AM
I am loving this series! So many thowbacks to the earlier seasons - like with Maggie hooking up with McSteamy Jr. Also, nobody who frequents this thread will be surprised to see me say this but......... OMG ALEX KAREV YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS HAVE YOUR MOMENT.