PDA

View Full Version : Ohla!

noxious.sunshine
05-29-2013, 06:09 PM
Jep. I'm a n00b. Hi! I'm Jamie (or nox, noxious, n.s., J, whaaatever - there's a variation of abbreviations for my username floating about).

I live in Nashville, TN - just moved back from BFE, Texas (aka Texarkana-ish area - 30 miles west of there). As much as I missed my "hometown", I still hate it. I avoid downtown like the plague. I actually live in Clarksville, like 45 minutes north of downtown, and my 'hood is like an hour south of here.

-ANYWHO-.

I'm 28 (bleh) - thankfully most people think I look much younger than I am. We'll see how long that lasts. I have a 5 year old little girl - she's pretty awesome.. And gorgeous. And smart. My boyfriend thingy is in the Army, stationed at Ft. Campbell (hence the reason I'm stuck in Clarksville. Yuck). He's a corporal combat medic, gets out in like November, yay. He's also a tattoo artist.

I love music (literally, almost all types), books, junk tv (The Kardashians, etc), cooking (I'm good at it), my kid, sometimes my bf - when he's not getting on my nerves, and of course, Final Fantasy. At some point I'm getting a Tonberry King tattoo -somewhere-. 'Cuz Moogles & Chocobos are done to death. Tattoos are painful, btw.

What else? Oh, I'm Spanish/English bilingual. I'm only intermediate & I speak -Mexican- Spanish (yes, there -is- a difference), though most non-Spanish speakers mistake me for being fluent.

My fav. FF game? I don't have one, though XIII & XIII-2 were major let downs. Never played XI or XIV - MMORPGS aren't my thing really. I like VII - X-2 & XII (no, sadly, I haven't played anything older than that besides I).

Anywho, nice to meet y'all!

Psychotic
05-29-2013, 06:32 PM
Hello! Welcome to the forum. :greenie:

I have a very important question for you, nox. What is the most exotic animal you have ever been in the presence of?

Pike
05-29-2013, 06:35 PM
Hello new friend! Don't worry about being 28, I'm 29! :D

Quindiana Jones
05-29-2013, 06:36 PM
That's a stupid question, Psy.

Nox, do you like liquorice?

noxious.sunshine
05-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Most exotic animal? ... My kiddo. ;p I kid I kid. Probably the White Alligator they (used to / maybe still ) have/had at the Wildlife Zoo way out in West Phoenix. That or um. What're those things with the snouts? You can have them as pets in Tennessee, but they're illegal to have in Louisiana and several other states. Cucamonga something or other... Saw one in a pet shop and petted it. Damn thing got its nose (followed by its head) under the hair band on my wrist. Got its head stuck there for awhile before it got out and then jacked my hair band altogether.

And -NO-. I do -not- like licorice. I hate the stuff. Along with Werther's original whatever that they claim old people like. I also don't like Nips. Candy-wise, I don't eat much of it, but when Easter comes along... Cadbury MINI Eggs (not the big ones with the nasty yolk center).. Yeah. I stock up like I'm on Hoarders or Doomsday Preppers. Mmmmhhhhhmmmmm. Them're gewd.

Jinx
05-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Laddy is also from the Nashville area! :)

Welcome to the forum, Toxic Heatwave!

noxious.sunshine
05-29-2013, 08:16 PM
Ooooh really? Another Nashvillian! Yay! The other place I visit and Spam, errbody lives in like Dallas. Or Arkansas. Or New Zealand.

(I still hate Nashville though)

Thanks! ^_^

Raistlin
05-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Welcome to EoFF! FFVII and FFXII are two good games, though I still refuse to recognize the existence of X-2.

Is your daughter a gamer?

noxious.sunshine
05-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Lulz Other than Angry Birds, not really.

Though I did get her into Chocobos while I was playing XIII and later the Chocobo Racing in XIII-2. She goes "MOM! I like your big chickens!" ... And I was like "No no baby. They're called -Chocobos-".. She eventually settled on calling them "Chickabos".

She's also a big fan of Fang & Lightning. Eh. Not the best FF to get into, but it's a start anyway.

I thought X-2 was a decent sequel.. More light-hearted, easy to beat, although getting 100% drives me nuts, I -always- miss something.

Laddy
05-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Laddy is also from the Nashville area! :)

Welcome to the forum, Toxic Heatwave!
Not Nahsville, Memphis. Nashville is only three hours away though, and is much, much better. xD

Welcome, Tennessean! Enjoy your stay!

Jinx
05-31-2013, 02:19 PM
I MAKE MISTAKES LADDY I AM HUMAN :stare:

noxious.sunshine
06-01-2013, 05:40 AM
Ahem. It's 4 ;p lmao Sorry, sorry.

I've only actually visited Memphis like 1x back when I was in HS, but I've been -through- there probably over a 1,000 times. And I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. Nashville is -terrible-. Traffic sucks and people can't drive here. And it's hard to navigate. It's all 1-way streets and like 1 street will change names like 3 times. It's ridiculous.

I must say, though. I absolutely -loathe- the drive from Nashville to Texas (where my parents live right now). Going through Arkansas. Omg. It's like a never ending story. Anywho.

Laddy
06-01-2013, 06:31 AM
I MAKE MISTAKES LADDY I AM HUMAN :stare:
Know your Tennessee urban areas, villain!

noxious.sunshine
06-01-2013, 06:55 AM
Geography. Comes in handy. *Nods wisely*

Freya
06-01-2013, 07:04 AM
I've seen you around the forums a bit and in chat already! Welcome to eoff! We have stuff and people and stuff! YAY! You'll fit right in though. Most of us are somewhere in our twenties and we like stuff too. Junk tv included I'll admit! Welcome once more and I hope you stick around :D

noxious.sunshine
06-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Awww thanks Frey! ^_^

BTDubs... Anatasia... One of the best movies evar. XD Totally got me obsessed with the Romanovs for like 2 years.

Freya
06-01-2013, 02:38 PM
ISN'T IT?! Seriously I wish that department in would have continued to produce animated films :( They just kept improving. I miss animated films like it.

noxious.sunshine
06-01-2013, 09:17 PM
I know, me too! ^_^

I still can't get over that it's Meg Ryan and uhm. John Cusack doing the voices though....

Funny thing.. Watched "The Rescuers" yesterday with my kid and then The Aristocats... And I realized that Bianca (the mouse in The Rescuers) & Duchess (Mama Cat) are both voiced by Eva Gabor. The guy who did the voice of Thomas O'Malley also did Baloo in "The Jungle Book" and Roquefort (the mouse in Aristocats) is also Winnie the Pooh and the Snake in "Jungle Book". IDK why, but I always catch things like that.

Freya
06-02-2013, 12:53 AM
I'm not so good about that in movies but video games on the other hand! Well actually cartoon shows too :shifty: if they have video game VA's in them "THAT"S RIKKU" "THAT'S COMMANDER SHEPARD get out of avatar, you're supposed to be saving the galaxy!"

noxious.sunshine
06-02-2013, 06:38 PM
lmao I'm not as good at video games, though Callie (from X & X-2: minor role, but she initiates the "capture the chocobo" mission in X-2) is Summer Cree/Cree Summer who was in the original Care Bears movie from 1985, the Rugrats (Susie), Codename: Kids Next Door, Clifford The Big Red Dog, and a ton of other cartoons. She also did the voice of Lenne. ^_^

And Noel (XIII-2) = Haku from Spirited Away - I'm almost positive.

That's all I've really caught or paid attn to though. But I agree, it can be kind of unnerving hearing a voice on something else. Though, Cree Summer is pretty good at being versatile. She voiced a little white girl in the Care Bears Movie and I totally never knew she was black until I looked her up after recognizing her voice on so many other things (besides CB).