PDA

View Full Version : Bonjour!

Makoeyes
05-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Hello all. My name is Makoeyes. My favorite FF is FFIX, with VIII in second place. I've beaten IX, VIII, and both Dissidias. I've mostly beaten XIII. I've played a little of VII, X and VI. I first got introduced to the series through Kingdom Hearts. My first actual foray into the series was (if it counts) Advent Children. The first game I played was X, but didn't get to finish it. The first game I played and beaten was Dissidia in 2009. The first main title I've played and completed was FFVIII in 2010. For some reason, paragraph breaks aren't working for me, so I'll add more to this later. (fixed)

I'm 22, but people tell me I look about 2 years younger than I really am. I'm not bilingual, but I really want to learn French. The "Ohla!" thread gave me the idea for this thread title. I live in Georgia, the state not the country.

Some of my interests are books, movies, some TV, certain anime, some cartoons, and obviously, video games. My other two favorite series besides FF are Kingdom Hearts and Silent Hill. My favorite books, movie, TV show, cartoon, and anime are, Harry Potter, Aliens, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Elfen Lied (NOT because of the so-called "fanservice" though), respectively. I'm a pretty big nerd whenever it comes to my favorite, so you'll probably see me discussing.

Pet Peeves: Degrassi seasons 10 and 11 (if I forced myself to watch even one second of another episode past the first half of season 11, I was gonna eat my own fingers), rabid haters of the stuff I like, Twilight, Godzilla: Final Wars, the Queened of the Damned movie, and Yaoi (I am NOT a homophobe. In fact I'm bi). Also, having no way to avoid random encounters. That's my number on complaint about IX, and one of the things that annoyed me about XIII, though at least with XIII I actually have a use for the CP.

EDIT: Sorry I haven't properly replied to anyone here, but every time I try to post in this thread it says "post denied".

EDIT #2: The posting has been fixed. Thanks to whoever did that. :)

Raistlin
05-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Welcome to EoFF. FFIX is very popular here, so you should fit in well. I personally enjoyed both FFVI and FFVII more, so you should play the rest of those!

Pike
05-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Welcome to the forum! I like your avatar :)

Makoeyes
05-30-2013, 07:19 AM
@Raistlin

Loony BoB
05-30-2013, 10:33 AM
With all those different series/films/etc you like, I'm pretty sure I can think of a few people that will be getting along with you just fine. ;)

Pike
05-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Especially since "Aliens" is basically the best movie ever made :jess:

Jinx
05-31-2013, 02:46 PM
You don't like yaoi?

Well, I can see one person thecloudyday89 won't like.

Makoeyes
06-03-2013, 08:32 AM
@Raistlin I haven't actually touched XIII since I got VI and VII. I'm playing VI right now and I can already tell why it's so beloved.

@Pike the first one is also one of the greatest movies ever. James Cameron really out-did himself with Aliens and his other movie with Sigourney Weaver and aliens doesn't hold a candle.

Yaoi is pretty much the third most awful thing I've ever laid eyes on. I love sexy men doing things together, but I smurfing despise Yaoi. Like EIGHTY PERCENT of it is crap. The Seme is a borderline psychopath, and in some cases like No Money, is an outright psychopath. The uke is usually r***d at least once, and they fall in "love", even if the uke doesn't enjoy. The ukes have a tendency to be barely legal and to look like underage girls, and even the Semes sometimes look effeminate. Some if it actually is outright pedophilia. It romanticizes abuse like HELL, infinitely worse than Twilight. The uke is basically a girl with guy things and no boobs, and even acts like the misogynistic stereotype of a helpless, constantly crying girl. The romance and "love-making" (if you can call the r***tastic crap that passes for sex in these things) are based on male/female relations, and even then they're misogynistic relations at that, with having the "girl" (uke) be submissive 100% of the time and never taking charge, and the mythical couple that switches is like trying to find the Holy Grail. And speaking of misogyny, it seems like women only exist in this stuff to be mean and tear apart the oh-so-cute abusive relationships. Just, gosh-darn it! It sucks. I've had people repeatedly tell me that not all Yaoi is like that, but I swear like 80% of all Yaoi is more or less just like okane ga nai (not justifying that with a capital). I hate Yaoi. I hate it. Give me *good* gay pr0n or properly done slash fiction with REAL men any day. The main pairing and main character and his love interest in my planned book is male/male and, the series is more or less an outright Take That against Yaoi, to a certain extent.

Flying Mullet
06-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Welcome to EoFF!

Glad you're enjoying FFVI. :aimsmile: