PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Podcast - Round Two!

Night Fury
06-01-2013, 07:51 PM

http://www.eyesonff.com/podcast/2013-05-26-podcast

So after the moderate success of our first Podcast, us merry bunch of idjits decided to try again, taking on board some of the comments and criticisms - we hope to have made number two even better than the first! The fact it has my beautiful 'Ode to BoB' as the theme tune is really a sure fire way to make it.... Well, the best thing ever! So come for a listen and see what has been on our minds this week! ;)

On the agenda this time around:

Xbox One!
The return of Elections and the Triple Triad Tournament
A look at some of the threads!
Favourite Final Fantasy moments!

To listen to the Podcast on the site, click the player above!
To download the Podcast, then right click here (http://www.eyesonff.com/podcast/2013-05-26-podcast.mp3): and choose Save As!

If you have any questions at all about the topics featured in the podcast and would like to share your own ideas, then please write a comment below and one of us will be sure to get back to you! If you would like to send in a question to be read out in our next Podcast, or if you have any other general ponderings then please PM me!

Happy listening! :bigsmile:

Loony BoB
06-01-2013, 08:15 PM
:nervous:

Shauna
06-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Enjoy guys. :) We looked to cutting down the length by adding an extra 15 minutes. xD

Goldenboko
06-01-2013, 08:31 PM
I want to know what Loony BoB was! >:0

Loony BoB
06-01-2013, 08:35 PM
having a punt
a charming runt
on a hunt
pulling a stunt
about to grunt

take your pick >=(

Night Fury
06-01-2013, 08:38 PM
A massive see ya next tuesday.

Loony BoB
06-01-2013, 08:39 PM
It's all lies, she never saw me on Tuesday.

Goldenboko
06-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Not to be a know it all but I'd also like to point out that where they both have 8 gigs of RAM, PS4's is GDDR5 and the XBone's is DD3. From what I understand GDD5 is better then DD3.

Night Fury
06-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Oh god this conversation again.

/leaves the internet forever.

Loony BoB
06-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Not to be a know it all but I'd also like to point out that where they both have 8 gigs of RAM, PS4's is GDDR5 and the XBone's is DD3. From what I understand GDD5 is better then DD3.
My explanation of this was cut because nobody but me cares. ;_; Also, my explanation was kind of hazy, but yeah.

Shauna
06-01-2013, 08:50 PM

We did have a long chat about this particular nitpick, but it was actually not very interesting. xD It was sadly cut.

Goldenboko
06-01-2013, 08:51 PM
:)

Psychotic
06-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Do you really pronounce Sega as "Seega" Daniel xD

Loony BoB
06-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Since I was around seven, yeah. Old habits die hard in that way. I only say it properly if I say it in that sing-song way they say it when you load up certain SEGA games.

Dat Matt
06-01-2013, 09:53 PM

Bob did go into detail about that, but I had to cut it because locky was snoring over when we were taking about it.

Goldenboko
06-01-2013, 09:56 PM
That darn Locky!

Dat Matt
06-01-2013, 10:06 PM
While I remember, there are two ways to interact with the podcast this time.

1. PM Locky with your questions or comments. There were only two so she was crying last time.
2. Soundtrack Competition - PM me with your guesses for what songs I used on the podcast this week. Get all three correct and i'll give you a shoutout!

Also, as always, any comments or discussions are welcome.

Shauna
06-01-2013, 10:10 PM
srsly send us in comments :argh:

Scotty_ffgamer
06-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, and I don't know if I will be able to. Leaving the place where I'm getting wifi as soon as the rain stops here. I just want to say that appreciated the mention of me in the podcast! I've also been working on stuff while listening to the podcast, so I haven't been listening to it too closely. That being said, what I've heard does seem to be more focused and structured than last time. I did enjoy listening to this one more, at least so far.

Dat Matt
06-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, and I don't know if I will be able to. Leaving the place where I'm getting wifi as soon as the rain stops here. I just want to say that appreciated the mention of me in the podcast! I've also been working on stuff while listening to the podcast, so I haven't been listening to it too closely. That being said, what I've heard does seem to be more focused and structured than last time. I did enjoy listening to this one more, at least so far.

One of the main things we looked at was the fact that there was no structure in the first podcast. We changed that this time. Seems to work.

Cuchulainn
06-03-2013, 12:31 AM
I listened to 7 minutes this time (an increase of 2 whole minutes). You ppl need to work on your filler. A tried and tested way to cut out silent pauses. Apart from that it wasn't fucking terrible. You all have audio friendly voices which helps. Trust me, if you dont have one of those it can put ppl off no matter what you say.

Also. how the fuck do you ppl find the time to play all those games?

Loony BoB
06-03-2013, 09:38 AM
What, that one game I play? Easy. I stop doing other things, and play Football Manager. :D

Okay, that's a sort of lie, I play more than one game. FreeCell is awesome for when I'm on the bus or when I'm wanting to get away from everything. I can get my phone & headset, put on some music and play FreeCell for hours.

Cuchulainn
06-03-2013, 12:06 PM
You were talking about the wall of games you lot have and I wondered how in the ever loving hell all had the time to play em.

I love the fact you have an unopened game. I've none of those but I've a brave few unopened DVDs and CDs that I stare at and wonder what I was thinking. As I paid money however, they shall NEVER be thrown out. MINE

Loony BoB
06-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Haha, yeah. Admittedly I didn't buy that game - Danielle got me a PSP for Christmas one year and it came with a few games, and that was one of them.

Shauna
06-03-2013, 04:33 PM
You were talking about the wall of games you lot have and I wondered how in the ever loving hell all had the time to play em.

Yes, Matt and I have a bookshelf. How do we have time? We have significantly less these days, but this is a collection we have been building since before he and I even met, so a lot of them were played when we did have time to play video games all the time.

Dat Matt
06-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Our collection has boombed recently with the purchase of a PS3 and 3DS. There are a large number of PS2 and Wii Games that we have also been acquiring.

How we fit in a solid amount of gaming is unknown. I am moving onto handhelds more often these days though.

Pike
06-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Finding the time to play games is pretty easy. All it takes is an average of five hours a day and that nets you a solid 35 hours a week, whilst leaving plenty of time for life and other stuff. (And if you think five hours a day sounds like a lot after work, we're averaging in more time on days off and less time on workdays)

And if you're me and you don't have a life it's really easy to fit even more gaming in. :D

Karifean
06-03-2013, 10:52 PM
That was very nice to listen to. It was nice reminiscing about all those special moments in FF along with you guys. Keep up the good work. ;)

Also, Blitzball is awesome. :colbert:

Edit: Mr. Shauna, guess the tracks that were in this podcast or try to predict which will be in the next one? (The latter sounds pretty impossible)

Editra: Well that sounds pretty simple. Good thing I know VIII's soundtrack by heart.

Shauna
06-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Not guessing the next ones, naming the ones he used. :}

Flying Mullet
06-04-2013, 03:58 PM
When Locky said she likes Haribos I thought she said she likes hairy balls. :erm:

I don't know why but I found the second half of the podcast more interesting than the first half. On the whole it was good and there needs to be a group sing-a-long next time.

Goldenboko
06-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Finding the time to play games is pretty easy. All it takes is an average of five hours a day and that nets you a solid 35 hours a week, whilst leaving plenty of time for life and other stuff. (And if you think five hours a day sounds like a lot after work, we're averaging in more time on days off and less time on workdays)

And if you're me and you don't have a life it's really easy to fit even more gaming in. :D

"all you need is 5 hours a day"........

:erm:

Slothy
06-04-2013, 04:30 PM

Get a gaming laptop so you can game while you poop.

Shauna
06-04-2013, 08:30 PM
I don't know why but I found the second half of the podcast more interesting than the first half.

News was a bit dry that week. Nothing of interest, really. More interesting news will make that more interesting! If there never is anything more than boring news all the time, we may look to something else to fill the time with. xD

Pike
06-04-2013, 08:33 PM

That's really not a lot. Say you spend 7 hours sleeping and 8 hours working every day, plus an extra hour for things like eating, pooping, and getting dressed. That leaves you with eight hours to do whatever you want. Bump it up to sixteen on a non-work day. Five hours is nothing.

Madame Adequate
06-04-2013, 08:36 PM
>thinking five hours a day is a lot

That's just a warmup, damn guys.

Flying Mullet
06-04-2013, 08:41 PM

That's really not a lot. Say you spend 7 hours sleeping and 8 hours working every day, plus an extra hour for things like eating, pooping, and getting dressed. That leaves you with eight hours to do whatever you want. Bump it up to sixteen on a non-work day. Five hours is nothing.
I spend 10 minutes eating and another 10 minutes getting dressed...

Pike
06-04-2013, 08:45 PM

I usually spend about 2 minutes getting dressed but I was rounding up because apparently most people aren't like me in that regard.

Flying Mullet
06-04-2013, 08:49 PM

I usually spend about 2 minutes getting dressed but I was rounding up because apparently most people aren't like me in that regard.
So you spend 48 minutes pooping?
And once again, discussions around the podcast have deteriorated to poop...

Pike
06-04-2013, 08:49 PM

So you spend 48 minutes pooping?
And once again, discussions around the podcast have deteriorated to poop...

Well, you know, if you bring a good book with you...

Shauna
06-04-2013, 09:00 PM
:colbert:

Why are we talking about poop.

Flying Mullet
06-04-2013, 09:08 PM
:doublecolbert:

Because it's the EoFF Podcast.

Dat Matt
06-04-2013, 09:15 PM
I leave you guys alone for 5 minutes and already there is a debate about gaming and poop.

U kidz b cray-z

Night Fury
06-04-2013, 09:22 PM
:colbert:

Why are we talking about poop.

And it most definitely wasn't started by me! :o

Shauna
06-04-2013, 09:22 PM
That is the most shocking part.

Rantz
06-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Yet again a very enjoyable podcast :D

the_best_noob
06-05-2013, 02:25 AM

Get a gaming laptop so you can game while you poop.
I approve of this statement

LadyJuxtaposition
06-08-2013, 01:34 AM
I never thought I was going to be mentioned in this week's Podcast! *feels happy inside* You're welcome and thank you! I hope you continue on with it! :D Also, just a little heads up, I may start a new forum in Relm's Studios with a new fanart project I've been working on soon.

Dat Matt
06-08-2013, 09:25 AM
We look forward to it. Won't be able to show off the art on the podcast though xD

Flying Mullet
06-12-2013, 03:42 PM
We look forward to it. Won't be able to show off the art on the podcast though xD
But you could describe it if you really cared.
describe it if you really cared
if you really cared
really cared
cared
There are no words to break down and make any larger. Why are you looking here?

Loony BoB
06-12-2013, 04:05 PM
CARE
CAR
AR?
A
</>

DanielCLFFF13
06-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Cool podcast. I can't wait for another. :D

Flying Mullet
06-21-2013, 04:35 PM
When's the next podcast?

Loony BoB
06-21-2013, 04:43 PM
We've been struggling for recent weekends and that looks to continue as Danielle & I are heading down to meet Tara with Danielle's family this weekend. Maybe when the entire crew are back at my place in early July we can put together something, though. :D

Flying Mullet
06-21-2013, 04:53 PM
If nothing else you could have 30 minutes of Mr. Shauna breathing heavily into the microphone...

Dat Matt
06-22-2013, 10:02 AM
If nothing else you could have 30 minutes of Mr. Shauna breathing heavily into the microphone...

You have an odd fetish.

Psychotic
06-23-2013, 03:40 PM
I will make a replacement Podcast 3 if you guys want. It'll be really good!!!!

smittenkitten
06-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Pooh cats ooooh yeah! I could always help create theme songs or adverts for local car garages that have buy one tyre get a tyre free sort of thing.