PDA

View Full Version : Your Senior Yearbook Quote?

Laddy
06-01-2013, 11:59 PM
Mine was "Endure. In enduring grow strong."

I got a lot of compliments on it. People asked if they were mine and I was like, "Haven't you read The Unbroken Circle of Zerthimon?"

So, senior yearbook quotes. Where the insightful, funny, or badass?

Pike
06-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Mine was "All your base are belong to us."

I'm not joking.

Rebellious Eagle
06-02-2013, 12:49 AM
Apparently we were supposed to email our senior quotes and I didn't know about it...so I don't have one xD

Denmark
06-02-2013, 01:24 AM
some line from imagine by john lennon. i was lame

Shorty
06-02-2013, 02:19 AM
(absent)

Freya
06-02-2013, 02:45 AM
I was the asst head editor of my year book (first in state bitches) andddd we didn't have quotes. We thought they were lame and too time consuming to collect so my entire highschool education we never added them. So I didn't have one.

Aulayna
06-02-2013, 11:45 AM
We didn't have a senior yearbook :D

Pheesh
06-02-2013, 11:57 AM
We didn't have a senior yearbook :D

Pike
06-02-2013, 12:39 PM
It's not a senior yearbook you guys, it's a regular yearbook. xD

NorthernChaosGod
06-02-2013, 01:16 PM
We didn't do that. 17-year-olds are dumb anyway, so good.

This. Like anyone is that special otherwise.

Pheesh
06-02-2013, 01:43 PM

I didn't have one of those either then >.>

Pike
06-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Really? I wonder if yearbooks are just an American thing.

Aulayna
06-02-2013, 02:17 PM

I didn't have one of those either then >.>

Same.

Psychotic
06-02-2013, 02:37 PM
We didn't really have quotes under our name, but there were about 15-20 "most likely to..." awards which we voted on, similar to the Ciddies. Given that there were 250+ people in my year, it was quite an accomplishment to win one, which I did...

Most Likely to Start World War 3.

Still makes me chuckle. :lol:

I Took the Red Pill
06-02-2013, 06:12 PM
"A man's interest in a single bluebird is worth more than a complete but dry list of the fauna and flora of a town." - Henry David Thoreau

I still think it's an alright quote. Better, at least, than the like 25 people who had "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you'll land among the stars" as their quote. Not only is it painfully cliche, it also completely ignores elementary statistics.

noxious.sunshine
06-02-2013, 06:30 PM
I didn't graduate from real high school. In fact, after I switched to public school, I was never even in the yearbook 'cuz I was taking a mix of sophomore & junior classes the first yr and a mix of junior, senior, -&- sophomore classes the last yr I was there, so my schedule heavily conflicted with Yearbook & School Picture days.

I think for some reason I ended up in the group Junior or Senior pic though. Can't remember which one. My school had over 2,500 students total. Naturally, there were no senior quotes. I'm not even sure if they did Superlatives or not - I never bothered to buy a yearbook since I wasn't in it.

lmao @ the Christian school, however, they didn't do senior quotes, but since there were only like 20 seniors, and it's a "Christian" school, -everyone- got something "Most...." whatever & like 3 or 4 extra professionally taken photos in the yearbook with a short profile of their achievements while in school. *eye roll, gag*

Raistlin
06-02-2013, 10:24 PM
I... don't even remember haha. High school was so long ago. I think it was something by Douglas Adams, because that was the year of the (awful) Hitchhiker's movie and that I read A Salmon of Doubt, but for the life of me I cannot recall exactly what.

Shauna
06-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Don't think we had quotes. Had a dumb little thing to fill out about ourselves though.

noxious.sunshine
06-03-2013, 02:07 AM
I... don't even remember haha. High school was so long ago. I think it was something by Douglas Adams, because that was the year of the (awful) Hitchhiker's movie and that I read A Salmon of Doubt, but for the life of me I cannot recall exactly what.

lol You graduated the same year as my sister.... If -she- can remember, I'm sure you can too ;p .. Then again, she whips out her yearbooks when she's drunk and reminisces about being Homecoming Queen and all that lame ish.

Jinx
06-03-2013, 02:13 AM
I don't think we had quotes. :(

Or, we might have?

If we did, I think I did something really snarky......

I'll have to ask someone I went to high school with!

Værn
06-03-2013, 10:10 AM
"Endure. In enduring grow strong."
I moused over the thread, saw your quote, and immediately thought, "Neeerd." Then I reminded myself that I have no room to talk :P

Apparently we were supposed to email our senior quotes and I didn't know about it...so I don't have one xD
I don't recall anyone asking me for a quote or having ever submitted one, so my school must have done something similar. I didn't care enough to buy a copy of the yearbook, but I would guess that there's a big blank space under my picture.

Raistlin
06-03-2013, 03:45 PM

lol You graduated the same year as my sister.... If -she- can remember, I'm sure you can too ;p .. Then again, she whips out her yearbooks when she's drunk and reminisces about being Homecoming Queen and all that lame ish.

Yeah, I don't even know where mine is; I don't think I've touched it since graduating.

noxious.sunshine
06-03-2013, 07:00 PM
lulz oh yeah.. My sister is all about it. I'm like.. "Dude.. Give it up. Yo ass ain't no dam Homecoming Queen no more"

She was all excited over something ... The Homecoming Queen & King from 10 yrs previous get to crown that year's Queen & King. Something like that. And she got to ride around in the back of a convertible on the track around the foozeball field. The Homecoming King had been her BFF that year, but he'd died of AIDS & Spinal Meningitis a couple of years before. There was no one to replace him.

Sephex
06-03-2013, 10:29 PM
We didn't have any. However, we did have a photographer that had everyone pose in a vaguely sexual way for multiple senior photos. The default picture was the one used in the yearbook, though. I still remember when my dad saw the other pics though...

"HAHAHA! YOU LOOK LIKE A GAY LORD!! HAHAHAHAHAH--NOW FETCH ME MY BELT."

Warms the heart, it does.

escobert
06-03-2013, 11:33 PM
"pokemon league 4ever!"

(in sports and activities I had written pokemon league freshman to senior 2x World Champion)