PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves

noxious.sunshine
06-02-2013, 06:59 PM
What bugs you the most?

Me:

- When people are late / I am late / Someone -makes- me late (the last is what happens most often as -I- am never late for anything).

- Smacking while eating. It grosses me out and annoys me. I nearly snapped the BF's neck just now 'cuz he kept doing it even though I asked him not to. I can't stand to actually "hear" someone eating - unless it's something that can't be helped - like popcorn or crunchy food.

- When people don't listen to me after asking me for advice or rambling on about their issues even though I could care less. I'm a -great- advice giver even though I usually come off as sounding "beeshy" and harsh. People don't listen, do the exact opposite of what I told them to do, then later, they're like "Ohhh I should've listened to you". Once that happens, my wealth of Superior Knowledge gets cut off for that person. XD

- Procrastinators. Even though I'm bad about it myself sometimes (when it comes to cleaning mostly), I can't stand when other people wait till the last second/minute to get something done. BF waits until Sunday night like an hr & a 1/2 before the laundromat closes to go do laundry when we could've gotten it done & out of way on Sat. morning... Among other things.

- Smoking inside. Makes me wanna yak.

- Clubs & Bars annoy me. They're too loud, crowded, and expensive. Tweakers also get on my nerves.

Polnareff
06-02-2013, 10:22 PM
-When men who are over 40 years old whistle. I'm not sure why it's only men over 40 that bother me when they do this (a 45 or 50 year old guy did it today at the store in my line and I wanted to strangle him) but I was fine when my 16-year-old coworker did it later on. If a woman whistles it doesn't bother me either.

-When people get drunk.

Those are the only ones I can think of right now actually. I have a pretty big list of them but cba to type them all out right now.

Chris
06-02-2013, 10:22 PM
This:

If you hadn't.

If you weren't.

If you didn't.

But you had, and you were, and you went, and you did!

Basically, cheating scum. Big pet peeve.

Shiny
06-04-2013, 01:22 PM
-Lack of humilty. Confidence is fine but tone it down, sheesh.

-Condescension

-People who smell like seafood. Sitting next to someone on the bus who smells like fish. It's horrible. The smell of fish in general bugs me.

-People who rush me. If there is no urgent deadline or time to be there that isn't optional, then let me go at my own pace. I like to take my time.

-My neighbor because he hammers everyday at ridiculous times. My other neighbors are annoying because they are equally inconsiderate. I hate ghetto people moving to my block. Gtfo

Shorty
06-04-2013, 06:45 PM
People who talk over me and try to interrupt me when I am in the middle of saying something. Shut your mouth and let me finish my fucking sentence. I used to be incredibly timid and would just let people do it and keep going but now I will stop them and continue with what I was saying because rude.

Blatant rudeness and impoliteness. People who are malicious and mean to others for no reason. Pompousness. The list of peeves goes on.

Jinx
06-06-2013, 02:29 AM
People who use 'it's' when the proper usage should be 'its.' This is way, way worse than you're/your. Unfortunately, most people on EoFF use it's/its incorrectly, and it drives me up the wall every time I see it.

I think I've made a thread about it twice now. x)

Sephex
06-06-2013, 02:38 AM
People who use 'it's' when the proper usage should be 'its.' This is way, way worse than you're/your. Unfortunately, most people on EoFF use it's/its incorrectly, and it drives me up the wall every time I see it.

I think I've made a thread about it twice now. x)

Yeah, its annoying.

noxious.sunshine
06-06-2013, 02:55 AM
Yep. I get annoyed with the misusage (dammit, that's a word) of apostrophes in general.

Sephex
06-06-2013, 03:10 AM
Yep. I get annoyed with the misusage (dammit, that's a word) of apostrophes in general.

So do my parent's.

Shiny
06-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Sephex, thats' really funny.

Sephex
06-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Sephex, thats' really funny.

Shinji I, am Glad you; agree.

Shoeberto
06-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Cut, it out "guys."

noxious.sunshine
06-06-2013, 04:05 PM
hurdy. hurdy. hurdy.

People who talk over me and try to interrupt me when I am in the middle of saying something. Shut your mouth and let me finish my smurfing sentence. I used to be incredibly timid and would just let people do it and keep going but now I will stop them and continue with what I was saying because rude.

Blatant rudeness and impoliteness. People who are malicious and mean to others for no reason. Pompousness. The list of peeves goes on.

Parker calls that "InterruFting". XD She also calls Copy Cats "Coffee Cats"

Jinx
06-06-2013, 04:06 PM
hurdy. hurdy. hurdy.

I thought you were American, not Swedish. :confused:

noxious.sunshine
06-06-2013, 04:16 PM
I am. lmao.. Been watching too much Swedish Chef lately. XD

Shorty
06-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Why do people not provide area codes when I ask for their phone number? Major pet peeve. There are two primary area codes in the valley here and I need to know which one you fucking have! Give me your full fucking phone number so I don't have to ask for it and sound like a dope!

noxious.sunshine
06-07-2013, 07:37 PM
There's only 2?

There's 3 in Phoenix. lmao... 602 623 480 w00t!

Lulz... We live so close to the TN/KY state line and have so many delivery menus.. I ordered a sammich that just -didn't- have the area code on it. So I dial 615 (forgetting that we're not in Nashville). Realize my mistake, dial 931. -Still- not right. This place is over in KY with some other area code and it's not on the menu with the rest of the number. So annoying.

Shorty
06-07-2013, 07:39 PM
I still have my 480 number!

noxious.sunshine
06-07-2013, 07:46 PM
I had 602, but I'm pretty sure I had a cricket phone with a 480 area code. Can't remember though.

What's funny.. NB Ridaz/New Ridaz/Whatever are all from Avondale.. But they claim 602 area code.

Damnit. I wanna move back now. I miss places like Salsita's and Filiberto's... ;_; 24 hr Messcan. Yummeh.

Shorty
06-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Filiberto's ;_______________________________________________________;

Pike
06-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Feels good to live in a giant state with only one area code so we don't have to worry about that kind of stuff :smug:

noxious.sunshine
06-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Carne Asada at 4 a.m. when you're drunk... mmmmm.. Dammit. I need some of -that- in my life. ahora. Sad Face!

Madame Adequate
06-07-2013, 07:59 PM
when i poop my face feels sticky

before i like, wipe or anything, i mean

Pike
06-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Huxley what the hell

Madame Adequate
06-07-2013, 08:01 PM
when i'm sitting pooping my right cheek feels sticky

Pike
06-07-2013, 08:02 PM

And so, another thread goes down the shitter

Madame Adequate
06-07-2013, 08:02 PM

Why did you quote me when it was your post right here that did that :stare:

Pike
06-07-2013, 08:03 PM

Why did you quote me when it was your post right here that did that :stare:

That's bull:poo: and you know it!

noxious.sunshine
06-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Facepalm!

Why does every convo get turned into poop?

Pike
06-07-2013, 08:05 PM
It's an EoFF thing.

Madame Adequate
06-07-2013, 10:01 PM
It's a Tara thing.

noxious.sunshine
06-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Au Contraire. Had a kid I was -kinda- friends with who did nothing but talk about poop constantly.

Jinx
06-13-2013, 03:47 AM
I just thought of another one: people who give limp handshakes. Almost everyone I've met gives a limp handshake. Listen, just because you are a woman doesn't mean you can't firmly grasp my hand and look me in the eye. And if you are a man, and you give a limp handshake, that's just pathetic. When I shake your hand, I don't want to hold a wet fish, but a grizzly paw.

Why is it that no one shakes with firm handshakes? D:

noxious.sunshine
07-05-2013, 04:51 AM
What are they?

I absolutely cannot stand when people say words wrong.

Like "sandwich" ... When people say "Samwich" it makes my skin crawl. There's no freaking M in there. Or "Punkin". It's "PuMPkin". What cracks me up is my sister used to pound it into our ESL kids' heads that it's "PUMP PUMP Pumpkin" and not "Punkin", but she says "Samwich".

And "nuclear". My dad is guilty of that one... As someone who used to haul the crap, he still says "Nukyuhlurr" (if that spelling made sense in relation to the pronunciation).

I feel like I've made this thread before. o.o;;;

Pumpkin
07-05-2013, 04:56 AM
Not shutting drawer doors. Leaving the microwave door open or leaving time left on it. Lately I have been developing a hatred for people who serve me (restaurant, store, what have you) saying y'all to me. Y'all have a good day! No. Talk like this with your friends all you want, I would like to be addressed by miss or ma'am since I'm giving you my money. To me, that is polite. That issue might stem from my homesickness though, and how I'm upset about having to adapt to a new culture.

Also guests coming in to my home and not taking their shoes off, and going into my fridge. if you want something, ask. If someone goes into my bedroom without my permission, they will be asked to leave.

noxious.sunshine
07-05-2013, 05:09 AM
o.o;;;;; Y'all? really? You get mad about that? I mean, I always say "ma'am" and "sir" when talking to guests if I'm talking to them individually, but as a group, I -will- say "Y'all". I honestly feel the opposite when it comes to that, although there -is- a fine line between being too friendly & just right. Y'all is a very southern thing, though, so almost anywhere you go down here, you're going to hear that. It's not meant as disrespect, it just means that we want you to feel welcome.

lol this is so weird. I also have absolutely no problem with people going to get whatever they want out of my kitchen. If they're hungry, they can go find something to eat. I don't mind people being in my bedroom when it's clean, either, but typically, no one I know would go in there uninvited. Or eat my food uninvited. But they know when they come over that whatever I have cooked or have for snacks, they're more than welcome to anything. *Shrug* I guess it's a southern thing? IDK.

Shorty
07-05-2013, 05:17 AM
Merging this with the other Pet Peeves thread that's only a month old.

Being spoken to when I am in the middle of something. Leave me alone!

noxious.sunshine
07-05-2013, 05:41 AM
Did I make it? I swear I have the memory of a fly. Sorrryyy Sarah!

Shorty
07-05-2013, 05:51 AM
It's cool, man!

TrollHunter
07-05-2013, 06:50 AM
People who say "could care less" instead of "couldn't care less".
Do people realize that by saying they "could care less" they're saying exactly the opposite of what they mean?

Araciel
07-05-2013, 07:02 AM
People who have pet peeves

...shi...

Pumpkin
07-05-2013, 07:05 AM
James is my biggest pet peeve.

Shiny
07-05-2013, 08:06 PM
I just thought of another one: people who give limp handshakes. Almost everyone I've met gives a limp handshake. Listen, just because you are a woman doesn't mean you can't firmly grasp my hand and look me in the eye. And if you are a man, and you give a limp handshake, that's just pathetic. When I shake your hand, I don't want to hold a wet fish, but a grizzly paw.

Probably because it's entirely unnecessary.

I hate when people grip my hand hard just to prove how "strong" they are. Add that to my list of pet peeves.

Jinx
07-05-2013, 08:19 PM

Probably because it's entirely unnecessary.

I hate when people grip my hand hard just to prove how "strong" they are. Add that to my list of pet peeves.

I don't overtly grip people's hands. xD

Araciel
07-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Men judge other men based on their handshake.

I... wouldn't expect you to understand.

Jinx
07-05-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm a woman, and I judge other people on their handshakes. :colbert:

Araciel
07-05-2013, 09:24 PM
You're judging me right now aren't you?! :eek:

Flaming Ice
07-06-2013, 05:35 AM
People touching my head..

Araciel
07-06-2013, 05:40 AM
I love when people touch me there.

DMKA
07-06-2013, 05:49 AM
When people say "I could care less".

noxious.sunshine
07-06-2013, 09:10 AM
People getting toasted and pissing in or on things that are -not- the toilet.

Jay just took a piss in the laundry basket. I'm going to murder him.

smittenkitten
07-06-2013, 11:35 AM
I hate that ad. That ad does my head in. I can't remember which one.

noxious.sunshine
07-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Skecher's Daddy'$ Girls!? Is it that one!? If it's not it should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ZardFmCPI

Just. Just.

Good lord.

Loony BoB
07-07-2013, 10:04 PM
- People who chew their food really loudly. Smacking gum on the bus? URGH.
- People who walk slower than you. Particularly stringers - aka the people who all walk side by side in a very slow way so that you can't get past them.
- People who reply to "Are you ready?" with "Yeah." when they aren't ready to go. Danielle is one of these. :stare:
- People aside from high school friends calling me Towns.

Probably loads more, but these spring to mind at the moment.

TrollHunter
07-08-2013, 10:45 AM
- People who chew their food really loudly. Smacking gum on the bus? URGH.
- People who walk slower than you. Particularly stringers - aka the people who all walk side by side in a very slow way so that you can't get past them.

http://www.orangejuiceblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/rage.png

noxious.sunshine
07-08-2013, 03:58 PM
I can't -stand- the smacking thing and my bf does it -everytime-. I beg. I plead. I cry and scream and throw things and beg some more for him to not do it and he gets all pissed off "That's the way I eat! I can't help it!"

... Bull. Effing. Shyt. It can be helped. Your ass is just too lazy to work on the problem.

Too close to going around the swear filter, lady! ~Shorty

Shorty
07-16-2013, 12:03 AM
"I have a question." "Can I ask you a question?" "Can I ask you something?"

JUST smurfING ASK IT FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, DON'T ASSIGN IT A PRELUDE

GOD IN HEAVEN

:nonono:

Jowy
07-16-2013, 12:24 AM
When large groups of people don't cross the street when there's no sign of traffic. Get a sense of urgency!

Calliope
07-16-2013, 03:22 AM
People who respond to text messages with "OK" and nothing else.
PMs that turn out to be just blanket requests to fill out surveys :(
Customers who hover around trying to reach a shelf behind or in front of me instead of saying "Excuse me" and exercising common manners.
Customers who hover around and are obviously looking for something, and then when I ask if they need help with something they say no, then hover around some more, and then leave looking disgruntled.

Flaming Ice
07-16-2013, 03:28 AM
"I have a question." "Can I ask you a question?" "Can I ask you something?"

JUST smurfING ASK IT FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, DON'T ASSIGN IT A PRELUDE

GOD IN HEAVEN

:nonono:

But then you can say "No, leave me alone. " :greenie:

Calliope
07-16-2013, 03:39 AM
Most people who say "Can I ask you a question?" or "I have a question..." are part of a dynamic whereby the person being approached cannot refuse. I've never had a friend say that.