PDA

View Full Version : How is it possible that Lightning jumps so high?

Freya
06-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Seriously, I mean I know she's a l'cie now but come on, that's some Olympic shit. Oh 200 ft climb NO PROBLEM! I'll just flip my way up there!

Aulayna
06-03-2013, 09:06 AM
You could say she moves as fast as Lightning.

dandy da oak
06-03-2013, 10:17 AM
She has that anti-grav device!

Loony BoB
06-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Magic.

Alternatively, perhaps the worlds have different gravity than Earth.

Freya
06-03-2013, 04:45 PM
If that was the case bob, everyone would walk completely different! Only her and hope ever jump differently. MUST BE MAGIC!

Loony BoB
06-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Yup! Magic works in magical ways. Also, a wizard did it.

Freya
06-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Those damn fal'cie always adding magic into the world to cause havoc of high jumping.

Jinx
06-06-2013, 03:36 AM
She remembers to eat her veggies and take her vitamins.

Sephiroth
06-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Cloud also jumps high and stays in the air for a long time even though he cannot fly or levitate. Tidus and his companions can slide on a rope of Airship Fahrenheit. Final Fantasy is just way better than our world.

For Lightning, Square has announced her in 2009 to be the strongest Final Fantasy woman ever (obviously as fighter, not in terms of being a wizard woman since people like Ultimecia and Terra exist) so it is understandable.

Freya
06-06-2013, 05:09 PM
So if there was a Final Fantasy Olympic games, who would win the jumping comp? Cloud or lightning?

Sephiroth
06-06-2013, 05:10 PM
So if there was a Final Fantasy Olympic games, who would win the jumping comp? Cloud or lightning?

Kain.

Take Cloud with his hero power boost and he will win. Other than that they are pretty even in such things. And he did not need a Gravity Gear to land safely.

Formalhaut
06-09-2013, 02:48 AM
In a series where monsters appear and disappear out of thin air, in a series full of powerful magic which does not incinerate (or freeze, electrocute, irradiate etc.) mere mortals, in a series where moogles and chocobos exist... I'm pretty sure jumping abnormally high is pretty low on the list of peculiarities. :p

It is obviously the power of l'cie. Or, something. It's just video game logic.

Freya
06-09-2013, 11:38 PM
BUT FORMY, They can just jump so high! It's sooo unrealistic :jess:

Roogle
06-10-2013, 09:11 PM
She has that anti-grav device!

Wasn't this originally an idea meant to be implemented into the game, but they cut it out aside from one usage at the beginning of the game?

Loony BoB
06-11-2013, 12:52 PM
They use it again once or twice when the characters storm Eden. But yeah, it was supposed to be a more notable part of the game at one point.

Aulayna
06-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Perhaps gravity is just weaker in general?

Freya
06-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Oh yeah I forgot she did that on the train.... I think that was her just being a badass at the time though.

Lucrokender
07-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Seeing as Vanille and Fang knew by instinct how to fuse into a monster, and then, also by instinct, turn into crystal, and save the world, I'd say Lightning jumping a few extra feet isn't the worst out of control thing on Pulse.

Then there's Hope traveling through time willy nilly without creating a paradox, and Noel obviously being Sora.

The game is pure madness.

I tell you Hwat.

DanielCLFFF13
07-20-2013, 08:53 AM
From Final Fantasy 13, Lightning has Antimatter Manipulation Principle (AMP) technology. The explanation from the datalog which is from Final Fantasy 13. forms the foundation for a variety of technological wonders, enabling phenomena ranging from phase-space interference to the manipulation of gravitational force. Humans ordinarily lack the means to weild magic, but through the use of manadrives-another product of ther principle-it is possible to synthesize its effects. well if I'm not wrong :D
But this my opinion :)

Raistlin
07-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Seriously, I mean I know she's a l'cie now but come on, that's some Olympic shit. Oh 200 ft climb NO PROBLEM! I'll just flip my way up there!

Hey, it was good enough for Advent Children.

Skyblade
07-23-2013, 01:31 AM
Oh yeah I forgot she did that on the train.... I think that was her just being a badass at the time though.

Yep, except that that device breaks almost immediately thereafter.

Jiro
07-25-2013, 11:38 AM
The anti-grav stuff was used a few times, though only in really necessary parts as something of a plot device. Lightning isn't unique in her ability to jump that high though; you can make anyone jump along those sorts of sections depending on who is the leader. The whole party is supercharged.