PDA

View Full Version : There's a new Donkey Kong game for the 3DS

Aulayna
06-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Has anyone played it? Does it live up to the sheer awesomeness of DKC2 on the SNES?

HasteInTime
06-03-2013, 12:06 AM
If you have played Donkey Kong Returns on the Wii it certainly has the old-skool monkey and ape feel similar to that. So in my opinion it does live up to it. Beware as your nostalgia may get the better of you though, haha. My own nostalgia did it to me once with Super Mario Kart, never looked at that game the same since. :p

edit:

I've not played it yet though but I will.

Shauna
06-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Is it not just pretty much a port of the Wii game (+ a few extra levels and 3D functionality)?

HasteInTime
06-03-2013, 12:11 AM
Is it not just pretty much a port of the Wii game (+ a few extra levels and 3D functionality)?

I could probably have worded that better... anyways. Yeah it is, it's the Donkey Kong Returns game from the Wii which I played and loved, it now features an easy mode that give an extra heart and there is the 3D pop effect w/new levels the original hasn't gotten.

Edit:
I would assume its DKR we are on about.

2nd Edit:
The entire game is available in 3D... didn't mean to leave impression that it isn't.

Freya
06-03-2013, 12:18 AM
I HAVE IT. I LOVE IT. IT'S FUN! I'm also much better at this then the SNES version.

Del Murder
06-03-2013, 04:36 AM
I played it on Wii. It was great and definitely one of the best platformers of this generation. Maybe the best.

Evastio
06-05-2013, 03:59 AM
Donkey Kong Country Returns is really fun and hectic. I really like how inventive some of the levels got (especially 6-2, that egg part was insanely brilliant). All the remixed songs were really well done and a nice nod to the original Donkey Kong Country.

It's a shame I wasn't able to play co-op in the game much. That's one of my favourite features in sidescrolling platformers.