PDA

View Full Version : Remember Me

NeoCracker
06-03-2013, 09:44 AM
So far, we have one Review from a guy who got a Review Copy!

Remember Me Review - Blistered Thumbs (http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2013/06/remember-me-review/2/)

It's sounding pretty damn good, though it only scored a 7/10 from the guy. Regardless, I'm excited! Who is getting it!?

HasteInTime
06-03-2013, 04:37 PM
This was one of those games I had interest in, sadly its on the back burner for purchases. Financial Life circumstances got in my way. :[

This will be one of those game that I will pick up new at 40 or 20 USD later on, it does look cool :D

NeoCracker
06-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Not very far in, but the best part so far is the game looks wonderful. Both Graphics and art design are looking superb.

Combat is pretty good, seems most similar to the Arkahm games set up, though some tweeks by setting your own combos, t hough I'm not sure how much tweeking you can do yet. Anyway, story is very interesting, though I'm not to far in. Mostly it does a good job and garnering interest. Well, off to bed and I shall play again soon! But so far, I'm impressed.

Freya
06-04-2013, 06:35 PM
It looks cool. Kinda snuck up on everyone though. Just came out of the blue so I dunno how well the reception will be.

Depression Moon
06-04-2013, 08:03 PM
I remember it getting some publicity from gaming sites because they were having some trouble on getting a publisher because they had a female protagonist. I think I found out about that on this forum actually. I'll buy it sometime down the road, just not anytime soon, because like HasteinTime I'm also struggling in the moment and when I'm out of that the first 2 games I'll get will be my 5th copy of FFIX and Dragon's Crown.

NeoCracker
06-05-2013, 03:52 AM
More I play, more enjoyable it gets. Some moments in the story are very clever, and the characters are all written wonderfully, Tommy being one of my favorites.

Nilin herself is making a wonderful lead so far. The game has a wonderful atmoshpere, and the city you are in is just beautiful at times, and others really grim and dirty. Art direction is amazing.

The game does suffer a bit from the mechanics, at times it's a bit frustrating to grab onto ledges or ladders, although it's nothing more then an occasional annoyance. It's also pretty fun setting up your combos, certain attacks having certain effects (Some types do more damage, some recover health, reduce cooldown on your Pressen, and a Chain one that amplifies effects of all previous abilities in a combo.)

The combat itself is pretty routine, being a bit of a variation on the Arkham games as I said earlier, but is still good fun.

A moment worth mentioning is when you follow a guys Memories after you take them. He gave them to you willingly, and it was actually the plan he would scout out some things and you'd use his memories to make it through. He's actually talking out loud to himself so you can hear his messages in the memory, which was quite clever. I even loved the end of it he says 'I really hope you make it here so all this wasn't just me talking to myself'. XD

Quindiana Jones
06-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Just bought this today. Was only 50p, so I didn't mind buying a game I'd never heard of. Looks interesting, though. I'll let you know what I think tomorrow, when I get round to playing it.

NeoCracker
06-07-2013, 06:41 PM
It's a game I really want to be able to recommend at full price, but I don't know if I could.

Having beaten it, the writing can very between really good and pretty flat. Combat suffers from being to monotanous even though the actual Combo Lab is great.

Really the game does wonderful with it's atmosphere and world, which are the two highlights of the game. I was happy paying full price, though I suspect most people will think it as more a 50$ then a 60$ game. :p

Quindiana Jones
06-08-2013, 03:02 AM
The Combo Lab is indeed excellent. Combat is fun and fluid, if a little wobbly. In fact, I think I could attribute that sentence, or some variation of it, to every aspect of this game so far. Really enjoying the game, despite some hiccoughs. The premise is interesting and cool, I like the characters and mechanics so far, and what's-her-name (the sodding protagonist) is brilliant. I have a feeling I'm going to like her more and more as the story progresses. I especially like the developers handling of a female protagonist. It's not "hey look! A woman! Women can't do this sort of thing, look how awesome she is!", a la Tomb Raider, she's just an awesome character.

The world is well-designed but very linear. That's not a bad thing, but it's a shame I can't explore Paris more. I really like that they didn't go for New York, London, LA and other such cities, because they have been thoroughly exhausted. As for me, who's lived in Paris, it's great seeing all the familiar landmarks and roads. Visiting Les Halles at the start of Episode 2 and thinking "Hey! I got lost right bloody here!" was really cool. I hope I get to visit the 17th at some point. :)

Vyk
06-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Having watched my girlfriend play through like 80% of it, I would agree with the Batman combo system. The level traversing reminds me very much of Enslaved. And I know Enslaved emulated a game or two, though I know not which ones, other than Uncharted for cinematic flare. But from what I saw, this game doesn't have you run down dark alleys while giant semi trucks tumble at you from behind (or whatever kind of crap like that could happen in this world). It's more stealth, story, and character driven. It looks really good

Aulayna
06-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Just bought this today. Was only 50p, so I didn't mind buying a game I'd never heard of. Looks interesting, though. I'll let you know what I think tomorrow, when I get round to playing it.

Trade-Ins I guess?

Quindiana Jones
06-10-2013, 03:12 PM
China. Chipped Xboxs only, meaning chipped games. They cost 50p. :D

All legitimate PS3s, though, so the games still cost £50, hehehe. Note that that is 500 Yuan, which is roughly a quarter of the average person's monthly wage. lu China <3

NeoCracker
06-10-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure what it takes to be considered a 'Best Seller' on the Gamestop Front Page, but I like seeing Remember Me there. It suggests that sales are going well for them. ^_^