PDA

View Full Version : E3 2013 Preview

Aulayna
06-03-2013, 10:17 PM

In less than 1 week the largest annual gaming convention on the planet, the Electronic Entertainment Expo - otherwise known as E3, will kick off and the arms race of the next console generation will truly begin. Expect shocks. Expect thrills. Expect games, games and more games!

Here at Eyes on Final Fantasy we don't want you to miss out on the news, so here's a run down of the coverage you can expect over the course of the convention:

Play by plays of all the major press conferences. Will Microsoft wow back audiences with an irresitable palette of gaming experiences? Will Sony's hardware be as tough as nails? Will Nintendo steal the show with Nintendo Direct? Do Ubisoft have more than just Watchdogs up their sleeves? Will EA surprise us all? Expect comments and reaction as all the events unfold!
Coverage of all the major Square Enix titles as they are unveiled. We are a Final Fantasy site after all and Square Enix teased a Final Fantasy title at the PS4 reveal event. Will Versus XIII finally be shown off? Will Type-0 be coming to western shores? Or will it be something new entirely?
Expect discussion abound as other titles are revealed from the innevitable slew of sports game titles to the first wave of next-gen games. You can bet that the General Gaming forum will be brimming with activity.
Once the expo is over and done with we'll provide a full recap of the major news and stories along with thoughts and opinion.

The excitement is already building though! Check out the current discussions already taking place:

Post your E3 predictions (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/150351-make-your-e3-predictions.html) - What titles are you expecting? What do you think the biggest upset will be? Post them here!
Everything we know so far about the next-gen console war (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/150388-e3-2013-a.html) and thoughts on what could be unveiled courtesy of HasteInTime.

So for your quirky E3 reports - be sure to keep your eyes on Eyes on Final Fantasy!

Are you excited? We certainly are!

Bolivar
06-04-2013, 12:32 AM
Pachter: PlayStation 4 to sell for $349, Xbox One $399 | GamesIndustry International (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-06-03-pachter-playstation-4-to-sell-for-USD349-xbox-one-USD399)

He estimates that the PS4 costs $275 for Sony to make and $325 for Microsoft's Xbox One. Even with economies of scale, I just really don't see that for 8GBs of GDDR5 but maybe someone who knows more about this than me can say. And I don't see Sony undercutting Microsoft on price. I can't wrap my brain around that happening, at least not this generation.

Freya
06-04-2013, 05:50 AM
Oh man I'm looking more forward to the indie devs this time around. There aren't too many major series I'm super excited about continuing. I mean I'm excited for black flag and watchdogs looks awesome but other than the FF's there isn't much I am looking forward too. Wellt hat's a lie. I will buy near anything from bioware.

I'm curious if those price points are pretty accurate. I better start saving now I guess. I'm hoping the reveal of the games will sway me one way or the other so I'm pretty curious on that front.

I'm looking forward to Nintendo actually. I've really been getting into my 3DS and I'm hoping to hear more on that front because that little thing has so much more potential.

I'll be keeping my own tabs on the SE related stuff but I'm glad you'll be doing your recap and play by play as well. I need to pay attention for Editor related reasons of reporting but I can't keep tabs on everything! So with you doing it, well that makes it easier for me!

YAY E3 SEASON! I love E3 season. It's like movies. I love the previews, the anticipation for a game/movie is more fun to me than the games/movies themselves usually hehe.

HasteInTime
06-09-2013, 03:35 AM
My E3 Anticipations: (just grabbing at straws and wild guesses here)

1) Announce Prices
2) Announce Date
3) Demo Games and talk

Microsoft-side:

Rare Games;
Banjo Kazooie: ?
Perfect Dark: ?
Conker: ?
Kameo 2
Killer Instinct (unlikely)
Goldeneye (unlikely)
New IP?

Lion-Head:
Fable IV

Ruffian Games:
Crackdown 3

Turn10:
Forza 5

Xbox Entertainment Studios:
Age of Empires
Mech-Assault 3
Crimson Skies?
New IPs

343i and/or Certain-Affinity:
Halo 2 Remastered/Remake
Halo Wars (likely)
New IPs

Sony-side:

Polyphony Digital:
Grand Turismo 6

Evolution Studios:
Drive Club

Naughty Dog:
The Last of Us
Drake's Uncharted?
Jak & Daxter?
Sly Cooper?
New IP

Insomniac:
Rachet & Clank
Resistance
FUSE 2?
New IP

Gurrella Games:
Killzone Shadow Fall

Blind Random Guesses:
Heavenly Sword II?
Haze?
StarHawk/WarHawk?
God of War: ?
Pay-Day?
S.O.C.O.M. 5?
M.A.G.?
Legend of Dragoon? (2?)
Draken: The Ancients Gate (sequel? yes please!)
just anything really (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Computer_Entertainment#Owned_franchises_and_notable_properties).... :D

Others:

Bungie:
Destiny (PS4 has got Bungie on the 'exclusive' Sony BS)

Rockstar (if at all)
GTA 5?
Max-Payne?
Red-Dead Redemption 2/?
Body Harvest 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Harvest) ?
New IP?

Ubisoft:
Watch Dogs
Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Vegas 3?
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon (anything? or FS 2?)
Tom Clancy End War 2/?
Far Cry 4?
RUSE 2/?
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
TC Splinter Cell Blacklist
Rayman
Rabbids
TC Patriots
Call of Juarez 3?

Sqaure Enix:
Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy 14ARR
FF Anything...
Dragon's Quest
Tomb Raider
Dues Ex
Star Ocean
New IP?

EA
Dragon Age 3
Battlefield 4
Mass Effect (something?/reboot)
Command and Conquer
Sims
Need for Speed
SPORTS (bleh-)
New IP?

Crytek:
Crysis 4?
Ryse
NewIP?

Zombie Studios:
Blacklight Retribution for Ps4 and X1
Blacklight TD continues?
New IP?

2k:
Not present
still want GTA 5
also, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified TPS/Strategy

Fraxis:
Civilization
X-Com TBS
New IP?

Bethesda/ID/Obsidian:
Fallout (5) Boston
Elderscrolls ?
Wolfenstien New Order
Quake ?
Doom ?
New IP?

Anything else I missed I will come and edit in before E3 this Monday 12:30 Noon EST aka June 10th 2013...

"E3 will run from 11-13 and air at 7pm EST each night from the Xbox 360's Live Event Player app."

Edit:Kotaku has the E3 schedule here:
http://kotaku.com/heres-a-complete-schedule-of-e3-press-conferences-509568885

Bolivar
06-09-2013, 07:49 PM
I just read this article (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4-Has-48-Announced-Games-So-Far-With-Tons-Third-Party-Launch-Titles-56511.html) and it looks like Sony Online Entertainment games will also be on console from now on. Sony's always made a lot of console exclusives with their worldwide studios and a lot of PC exclusives under SOE, but it looks like the PS4 is the machine that will bring them all together. I'm really impressed at how much stuff is going to be available to play on PS4 at launch particularly with how much of it will be free :drool:

Shauna
06-09-2013, 08:36 PM
I am looking forward to seeing what Sony and Microsoft are looking to do to integrate social media into our gaming experience.